Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#5401 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

All I want are the quests, I guess. Just the quests, mack. Just the quests.

I want the quests. I want to play the quests.

In the dog suit.

#5402 Triggerhappy14

Triggerhappy14

Hey, what's going on?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Hey Tony, any idea when we will get our Steam keys for Aliens Colonial Marines if we preordered?

#5403 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

i want the quests. I want to play the quests.

In the dog suit.

qft.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5404 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

You guys still going on about that damned dog suit? :lol:

steam_sig.png

#5405 selune1

selune1

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

What about the Ultimate Paradox Bundle - will it come back as a real deal sometime and not just a late-night-120minutes failure ?

#5406 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

You guys still going on about that damned dog suit? :lol:

That comment would not be nearly as humorous without your avatar being what it is.

#5407 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

What about the Ultimate Paradox Bundle - will it come back as a real deal sometime and not just a late-night-120minutes failure ?

thats an interesting way to ask for something you want

#5408 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

Good news everyone!

http://www.cmswire.c...lace-019503.php
Atheism is a non prophet organization

- George Carlin

#5409 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

Good news everyone!

So...

1. Buy game.
2. Copy to external hard drive.
3. Sell game.
4. ???
5. Profit!

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5410 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

Good news everyone!

I'm curious how this'll all work.
I guess there'd be DRM that'll probably will allowing for digital transferring; and/or decide if YOU can run said game or not.
I don't know how this'll work w/ Steam games, if Steam doesn't have some sort of digital transferring system in place for their Steamworks DRM.

#5411 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

I'm curious how this'll all work.
I guess there'd be DRM that'll probably will allowing for digital transferring; and/or decide if YOU can run said game or not.
I don't know how this'll work w/ Steam games, if Steam doesn't have some sort of digital transferring system in place for their Steamworks DRM.

It'd likely be like Green Man Gamings trade-ins, where Steam games are exempt.

#5412 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

Oh the silliness of our patent system.

#5413 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:44 AM

It was a failure because it sold out in under four hours? God forbid that every promotion sells out in four hours. :roll:

#5414 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

I actually thought it lasted a fair bit of time for how scarce Tony said the keys were. It just came down to if you wanted it badly enough to stay up late or set your alarm to grab it.

bZ2g3eF.png

#5415 john_wheatly

john_wheatly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

How about that Fable 3 DLC bundle that everybody's talking about before the Paradox bundle took the thread by storm? :D

still waiting for that super ultimate deluxe gold paradox bundle.

/sob story
wasted an EC coupon waiting for dat paradox bundle key to be restocked.
/sob story end

#5416 Fatdude

Fatdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

I think most people are more annoyed at EC coupons expiring than Paradox 2012 pack running out of keys.Tony said it will be back and added 2-3 days to EC coupons just for that pack but it never came back at people got angry because they could have bought something else they want with it.

#5417 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

I actually thought it lasted a fair bit of time for how scarce Tony said the keys were. It just came down to if you wanted it badly enough to stay up late or set your alarm to grab it.

Gotta say I agree with this...I think it went live at around 11:45 or so PST?

Was available till maybe 4-5am? After picking up, I was refreshing the link and was surprised it was available for that long since Tony kept saying the keys would run out and a lot of people were staying up that night refreshing their screens. I didn't pick it up till 1ish or so and was glad it was still available since I thought it would be done by 12:05 or something. :) If you're familiar with Amazon gold box deals during black Friday, I've seen stuff sell out in 1 second (you click add to cart and you're on the waitlist).

Plenty of people probably set up an alarm for it if they wanted it bad enough.

On the EC coupons, I agree it's unfortunate it didn't come back and I saved 1 coupon for it, but just used it afterwards before the deadline on something else since it didn't look that promising. It helped I had more than 1 coupon and had a few (not many) so ended up using all my coupons. If you had only 1 coupon, yeah, I think it probably sucked.

Like the Square Enix bundle, assume that anything could sell out and try to stay up or just wake up for half an hour. Or better yet, make some friends here and they can pick stuff up for you since pretty much folks could've bought as many copies as they wanted since it was available for a few hours.

It'll save a lot of headache waiting for a deal to come back later as we've seen that doesn't work out too well (eg: Square Enix deal selling out in minutes after it came back, this case...).

#5418 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

Good news everyone!

You've fixed the poison slime pipes?

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#5419 JujuFish

JujuFish

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

Except that it was never up for me. Stayed up until 4AM, unavailable. Got up just after 8, still unavailable.

#5420 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

Except that it was never up for me. Stayed up until 4AM, unavailable. Got up just after 8, still unavailable.

Region problem? That's weird.

bZ2g3eF.png

#5421 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

You've fixed the poison slime pipes?

That's two expansions old ashes. Today, you'd be playing a panda.

#5422 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Oh for god sake's, it's Paradox people. Their stuff goes on sale all the time. Plus if you get this bundle now you know there is going to be another super mega best ever ZOMGWTF Paradox bundle with a bunch of crap you already have plus the new DLC the pushed out in the mean time because they are huge DLC factory that would make even EA jealous.

Then you'd be in the position 'Well gee I don't know. I already have most of this pack but it's still cheaper to get this pack for the newer DLC and a couple of other crappy multiplayer games I will never play anyway than if I went and bought that DLC separately. Should I get it? But then I'll have to see if I can unload the other keys or just have duplicates that go to waste. Decisions decisions'.

It has already happened to me several times with Paradox bundles on Amazon. Every one is the BEST DEAL EVAR until the next one comes out and then that is the BEST DEAL EVAR.

We didn't even get a CK II booster pack for those who bought the packs in the past this time.

Wait until CK III comes out then get a CK II pack. Otherwise mark my words some newer crazier bundle will come out where it's cheaper just to get a bunch of repeats than to buy the DLC on its own.

steam_sig.png

#5423 colophon

colophon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

Oh for god sake's, it's Paradox people. Their stuff goes on sale all the time. Plus if you get this bundle now you know there is going to be another super mega best ever ZOMGWTF Paradox bundle with a bunch of crap you already have plus the new DLC the pushed out in the mean time because they are huge DLC factory that would make even EA jealous.

Then you'd be in the position 'Well gee I don't know. I already have most of this pack but it's still cheaper to get this pack for the newer DLC and a couple of other crappy multiplayer games I will never play anyway than if I went and bought that DLC separately. Should I get it? But then I'll have to see if I can unload the other keys or just have duplicates that go to waste. Decisions decisions'.

It has already happened to me several times with Paradox bundles on Amazon. Every one is the BEST DEAL EVAR until the next one comes out and then that is the BEST DEAL EVAR.

We didn't even get a CK II booster pack for those who bought the packs in the past this time.

Wait until CK III comes out then get a CK II pack. Otherwise mark my words some newer crazier bundle will come out where it's cheaper just to get a bunch of repeats than to buy the DLC on its own.

CK3?!? That'll be like, three years later!

#5424 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

CK3?!? That'll be like, three years later!

In the meantime they just announced a new VickyII DLC! Which will be included in the next mega uber gigantorbundle, giving us many many keys that will again break Amazon.

http://www.rockpaper...rt-of-darkness/

#5425 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

My problem was that there wasn't really any announced time that they'd be on sale. The rest of the Paradox stuff was up for two days before the big bundle was up suddenly, and gone by the time I woke up. :(

#5426 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

That's two expansions old ashes. Today, you'd be playing a panda.

Fuck no! I raided Naxx in classic on my Gnome Mage. I have an opening day hard core achive in Ulduar on my Gnome Mage. When I wasn't on my Gnome Mage, I was on my primary alt (2nd main, really) Druid. And my shammy is horde (Tauren) -- the way the spirits intended.

I hear little hearts beating. yess... beating faster now. Soon the beating will stop.

Oh for god sake's, it's Paradox people. Their stuff goes on sale all the time.

Spoiler

Spoiler

By and large. This!

But Motoki, I was getting free entertainment watching these CAGs stress and lament over missing Paradox packs. Last year I bought them early (and happy with the catching-up-on-CK2-dlc pack in June), so the rest of the year felt like "again and again" (Energizer Bunny ref). It was good better, but waiting for a new deal here, one I haven't already bought.

I stared the Paradox 2012 pack in the eye and said, I own most of you except for a couple DLCs I can pickup for less on the regular 75% off sales. A mutliplayer-only game that I have no interest in (due to it being multiplayer only), and another game and dlc that I already own. I passed.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#5427 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

any chance of matching sims sale?
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=337867
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#5428 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

any chance of matching sims sale?
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=337867

Nope. Sucks too because origin charges tax.:roll:
Posted Image

#5429 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

My problem was that there wasn't really any announced time that they'd be on sale. The rest of the Paradox stuff was up for two days before the big bundle was up suddenly, and gone by the time I woke up. :(

The sale flip time is always pretty much the same on Amazon: midnight PST (12AM-12:30PM).

bZ2g3eF.png

#5430 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

C&C makes me wish I owned a PC