Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#5491 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

Thanks for the heads up on Sims 3 mods. Will definetly check that out. And look forward to that DLC sale.

#5492 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

Stuff packs are absolutely awful. Grab user made custom content online. Makes stuff pack content look terrible, it's fun to "shop" for, and it's totally free...

Some of them aren't too bad. It depends on which one. But yeah I probably could have lived without Katie Perry Cupcake Bras
Spoiler

I'd say on a sale price some of the more general and less nichey theme stuff packs aren't a terrible deal, especially when you look at the Sims Store prices, but definitely yeah go for expansions over stuff packs first.

mdUFwSE.png

#5493 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Some of them aren't too bad. It depends on which one. But yeah I probably could have lived without Katie Perry Cupcake Bras

Spoiler

I'd say on a sale price some of the more general and less nichey theme stuff packs aren't a terrible deal, especially when you look at the Sims Store prices, but definitely yeah go for expansions over stuff packs first.

Don't even get me started on the Sims store. You're just too lazy to look for the custom content yourself, and you have too big of a Sims budget. ;)

Ironically enough, I think just the opposite. I don't want any of the stuff in the stuff packs... except for the Katy Perry Cupcake Bras.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5494 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

Ironically enough, I think just the opposite. I don't want any of the stuff in the stuff packs... except for the Katy Perry Cupcake Bras.

Posted Image

mdUFwSE.png

#5495 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

A coupon code for CAG:

It has to be CAGERS or CAGGERS :lol:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5496 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

Spoiler

What would it take to get that girl in a dog costume, wearing the cupcake bra?

Send screenshots to my PM account, please. Quickly.

#5497 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Spoiler

High texture reskin please?

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5498 Triggerhappy14

Triggerhappy14

Hey, what's going on?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

Hey Tony, any idea when we will get our Steam keys for Aliens Colonial Marines if we preordered?

Just asking since it got lost in the last few pages of posts. I have a download link on my games page but I'm waiting for the Steam key since we need it anyway.

#5499 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

Here is a new gif for you my friend

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5500 provdog2611

provdog2611

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

Don't even get me started on the Sims store. You're just too lazy to look for the custom content yourself, and you have too big of a Sims budget. ;)

Yummy. Those cupcake bras are absolutely PERFECT for my harem of lesbian polygamitic astronauts!

#5501 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

I don't feel like digging through old posts, but I believe he said that the pack would up as soon as the "hamsters" got it going. That either means ASAP or the typical midnight flip.

I can see why some people may have gotten confused though.

You don't need to dig up the post... I am all too familiar. The last post actually stated that if it didn't happen then it'd be up by time it rolled over...

I then posted confirmation about when... it was confirmed 3am. Then I woke up at 3am and RIGHT on schedule it was there.

Sorry that person wasn't inclined to wake up for the sale and missed it.

#5502 JujuFish

JujuFish

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

Has any digital download place ever had a good bundle for Sims 3 expansions? I've had the base game for a few years, and I'd like to get a good deal on expansions.

#5503 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

Thanks for the Test Drive Unlimited 2 pricematch! I bought it off Amazon due to the "unlimited activations" policy. (TDU2 has a 4 activation limit.)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#5504 metalkidz

metalkidz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

Has any digital download place ever had a good bundle for Sims 3 expansions? I've had the base game for a few years, and I'd like to get a good deal on expansions.

Yeah, we really need a bundle like that

#5505 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

why is it called "The Sims 3 refresh"?
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#5506 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:05 AM

Tony, I've just been playing the Defiance beta. A) You should give it a shot, Destructoid is giving out keys and
B) It is surprisingly solid, especially for it's very early beta state and I REALLY enjoyed what they were offering already. If the rest of this weekend continues to go this well it has earned a preorder.

Think you might be willing to call up Trion and see what kinda special preorder deal you might get going on?
Posted Image

#5507 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

Thanks for the Test Drive Unlimited 2 pricematch! I bought it off Amazon due to the "unlimited activations" policy. (TDU2 has a 4 activation limit.)

What's the "unlimited activations" policy? Does it mean that Amazon's TDU2 doesn't have Securom on it? I don't see any DRM info on the game's Amazon page.

#5508 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

What's the "unlimited activations" policy? Does it mean that Amazon's TDU2 doesn't have Securom on it? I don't see any DRM info on the game's Amazon page.

If you ever run out of activations, Amazon will give you another key/copy of the game.

The only time this system is not to useful is when it's a Steam game (which it isn't in this case), since you'll have to get Steam support to remove the game (out of activations) from your account before you can redeem the new key Amazon has given you. That said, Steam support seems to be relatively competent about removing games on request. Go figure.

bZ2g3eF.png

#5509 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

If you ever run out of activations, Amazon will give you another key/copy of the game.

The only time this system is not to useful is when it's a Steam game (which it isn't in this case), since you'll have to get Steam support to remove the game (out of activations) from your account before you can redeem the new key Amazon has given you. That said, Steam support seems to be relatively competent about removing games on request. Go figure.

Thanks. It's still too marginal a game to have to deal with that, so despite the vote of approval from ashes I'll pass for now. It's on my list of "sit in the corner until your terribad DRM is removed" along with Anno 2070. The new SimCity looks like it's going to be stuck on that list as well. Sad how these publishers still don't get it.

#5510 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

I want it, but I don't need it. I'd still rather have it on Steam though. The activations are revocable, so it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

bZ2g3eF.png

#5511 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

I want it, but I don't need it. I'd still rather have it on Steam though. The activations are revocable, so it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

I think I figured why it has no update history on steam. The software side is a little MMOish. You need your own atari login to play in the online world. It has a chunking MMOish updater. Yeah, I was totally torn on Steam or Amazon (non-Steam). I had been waiting for a steam sale (but forgotten about the SecuROM activations). Since I have a tendancy to completely resurrect old racing games, I thought Amazon was the better choice. That said buying it for the here and now on Steam seemed like a perfectly logical choice as well. I wonder if the version number steam downloads is the latest, of if you need to have the TDU2 patcher download another gig (like the Amazon version).

Standard SecuROM activations. Nothing unusually bad (e.g. Two World II 3 activations -period- or Doom Rails 5 activations -period- and all new DRM).

Edited by asheskitty, 09 February 2013 - 07:53 AM.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#5512 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

I think I figured why it has no update history on steam. The software side is a little MMOish. You need your own atari login to play in the online world. It has a chunking MMOish updater. Yeah, I was totally torn on Steam or Amazon (non-Steam). I had been waiting for a steam sale (but forgotten about the SecuROM activations). Since I have a tendancy to completely resurrect old racing games, I thought Amazon was the better choice. That said buying it for the here and now on Steam seemed like a perfectly logical choice as well. I wonder if the version number steam downloads is the latest, of if you need to have the TDU2 patcher download another gig (like the Amazon version).

Well, I'm broke either way. The January sale killed me.

If I trade it for my extra Fable 3, I'll get it. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen though. Ah well.

bZ2g3eF.png

#5513 provdog2611

provdog2611

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

Standard SecuROM activations. Nothing unusually bad (e.g. Two World II 3 activations -period- or Doom Rails 5 activations -period- and all new DRM).

I wonder how long the online is going to be around since Atari just filed for bankruptcy protection last month.

#5514 2wicked

2wicked

Game Hoarder Extraordinaire!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

My steam copy of TDU2 ran an update before starting the game was 1.07gb or so.

#5515 MySaturdaySelf

MySaturdaySelf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

What's this sim sale on the title? I'm on my phone can someone refer a link to me? Or is it just a headsup?

Edited by MySaturdaySelf, 09 February 2013 - 09:44 AM.

leftover cheap steam keys from bundles? i'm buying --> https://docs.google....sted=true&pli=1

#5516 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

What's this sim sale on the title? I'm on my phone can someone refer a link to me? Or is it just a headsup?

Two pages back, post #5645.

Sims 3 base game (for PC and Mac) is $7.49 through Sunday, and then $10.19 for next week. Expansions and stuff packs are 50% or 66% off, starting Sunday and going through next week.

#5517 megahunter

megahunter

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

No word on it, I haven't seen keys come through yet. I will ask the OPS guy if they came in but I imagine I'd have been copied on the email.

Cheers,
Tony

Ok, thanks for the update. ;)

#5518 rahulkadukar

rahulkadukar

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

I have the Steam version, if I activate it four times what happens if I want to play it for a fifth time.

#5519 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

For those of you who bought TSW of Amazon, here a free t-shirt for your in game character:
http://www.alienware...shirt-giveaway/

1,860 keys left

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#5520 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

I have the Steam version, if I activate it four times what happens if I want to play it for a fifth time.

You're fine, as long as you revoked your activations. It's quite possible that the uninstaller does that automatically. (I'm assuming it has a revoke tool or function. Most Securom games do, though some are more of a hassle than others.)