Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#5521 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

My steam copy of TDU2 ran an update before starting the game was 1.07gb or so.

Thanks for that confirmation! Sound like the same thing, and same sized update(s) as the non-Steam version -- thus explaining the lack of an update history on steam.

You're fine, as long as you revoked your activations. It's quite possible that the uninstaller does that automatically. (I'm assuming it has a revoke tool or function. Most Securom games do, though some are more of a hassle than others.)

Standard SecuROM. There is a revoke tool. I think I've read it auto revokes on uninstall, as well.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#5522 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Hey guys,

On the Sims sale, here's what we've got coming up:

Cheers,
Tony

Two things jump out at me here. First off, Generations is only $6.79. That's a pretty good deal (or at least it is in the world of sims expansions). It's as cheap as the stuff packs anyway. If you don't already have Generations, and you'd like to pick up at least one expansion pack, that's the obvious first choice.

Second thing, Showtime Katy Perry CE is the same price as the regular version of Showtime. I would never in a million years pay so much as a penny more for the stupid Katy Perry version. But if they're the same price, why not?

#5523 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

My wife saw the list and that's what she picked out for me to buy her, was Generations. She is as much a cheapassgamer as me, she wants World Adventures for the content, but doesn't want to pay $10 for it. I think I'll get it for her anyways tomorrow along with Generations. She wants Seasons when its get cheap and then she thinks she is done with Sims 3 expansions (her favorite is Supernatural so far). She just doesn't think the cost of most of the other "expansion packs" is worth it and she abhors the price on the stuff packs.

If I didn't already get her Sims Medieval and the expansion, I probably would have with this sale for $5 and $7 respectively.

#5524 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

My wife saw the list and that's what she picked out for me to buy her, was Generations. She is as much a cheapassgamer as me, she wants World Adventures for the content, but doesn't want to pay $10 for it. I think I'll get it for her anyways tomorrow along with Generations. She wants Seasons when its get cheap and then she thinks she is done with Sims 3 expansions (her favorite is Supernatural so far). She just doesn't think the cost of most of the other "expansion packs" is worth it and she abhors the price on the stuff packs.

If I didn't already get her Sims Medieval and the expansion, I probably would have with this sale for $5 and $7 respectively.

Wow. Supernatural is actually one of the worst expansion packs they have. I have Seasons, Generations, and World Adventures. All three of those are pretty good. World Adventures has some interesting stuff to it in regards to the travel locations.

#5525 Krekeris

Krekeris

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Price match on Wargame:EE?

#5526 nikvest

nikvest

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Price match on Wargame:EE?

I second this plea :)...

#5527 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

So power went out last night at 7:35pm EST; and I'm FINALLY back in business today.
So, did I miss much in here or what? ;)

#5528 Aquaman1942

Aquaman1942

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

For reference, Steam had it on sale last September when I bought it:
Sep 9, 2012
$6.79 Kohan Warchest

it was on sale during summer and i think winter it was on sale too and isnt one of the section 8 game a timer gate too?

Yep, I saw on SteamPrices that it was on sale for $4.99 during the summer sale. I missed it though and hoping I can catch it again at a similar price point. :)

I think TimeGate did both Section 8 and Section 8 Prejudice -- I got the first one in an indie bundle.

#5529 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

For those of you who bought TSW of Amazon, here a free t-shirt for your in game character:
http://www.alienware...shirt-giveaway/

1,860 keys left

Thanks for posting!!

#5530 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Thanks for posting!!

Seconded. Thanks!

(BTW: 1526 keys remaining now. Alienware wants you to register up an account with them, but it doesn't have to be your TSW account address. Spamdump addresses work just fine. ;))

#5531 jocampeao

jocampeao

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hi guys, can you confirm me that i can activate The Sims 3 Medieval on Origin?

#5532 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

bought sims for a friend and had to pay sales tax for the first time o_O
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#5533 Dudeson

Dudeson

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

How has the C&C games aged? I have only played Kane's Wrath and Red Alert 3 (liked Red ALert 3 most). I kinda want the Collection before the sale is over, but I don't know if I will like them.

#5534 puffy

puffy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Hi guys, can you confirm me that i can activate The Sims 3 Medieval on Origin?

yes but not directly on client
you will have to register it here using origin credentials and persona name your origin name
http://www.thesims3....age=login.force

it will appear on origin automatically

origin is not required though,amazon offers securom installer( sadly even steam version has securom)

#5535 pochaccoheaven

pochaccoheaven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

i'll pass. steam is terrible because the games you pay for aren't yours to keep. thanks though.

#5536 eulogywerd21

eulogywerd21

APPLAUSE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

i'll pass. steam is terrible because the games you pay for aren't yours to keep. thanks though.

Too true. This Christmas, I caught Gabe Newell sneaking into my room wearing a Santa outfit, stealing games off my hard drive.
jkimrey: Do it man! It's a steam key - one place for all your games. Plus, you gotta catch 'em all.

#5537 jocampeao

jocampeao

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

yes but not directly on client
you will have to register it here using origin credentials and persona name your origin name
http://www.thesims3....age=login.force

it will appear on origin automatically

origin is not required though,amazon offers securom installer( sadly even steam version has securom)

Thank you very much ;) cheers

#5538 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

This is pure trolling. First of all, the Sims games are Origin. Second, this thread is Amazon PCDD and not the Steam thread.

76561197971332172.png

#5539 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

This is pure trolling. First of all, the Sims games are Origin. Second, this thread is Amazon PCDD and not the Steam thread.

Plus, if you are going to be a primarliy PC gamer is there really much of a choice at this point? If you dont use steam, origin, uplay, or whatever other game services out there I feel like you wouldnt be playing much at all unless you shop exclusively at gog, and some of the indie bundles. But I could be wrong and missing something

#5540 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

How has the C&C games aged? I have only played Kane's Wrath and Red Alert 3 (liked Red ALert 3 most). I kinda want the Collection before the sale is over, but I don't know if I will like them.

They are classics.... unfortunately classic games are rarely like classic movies in that they retain their full value. Enjoyable? Most likely, particularly for their FMV cutscenes. Dated with mechanics and graphics that we have outgrown? Yeah, that too. And lastly, genre work in gaming tends to be more iterative than other entertainment media so once novel things don't retain their charm.

#5541 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

For those of you who bought TSW of Amazon, here a free t-shirt for your in game character:

1,860 keys left

Thanks! 8-)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5542 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

1,860 keys left

Yeah, you know I'm rockin' an awesome t-shirt.

More seriously, this game needs more t-shirts.

#5543 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

Hey guys,

On the Sims sale, here's what we've got coming up:

Cheers,
Tony

Just a head's up to all of you. The prices have flipped on most of these, but some of the items are cheaper than advertised. Seasons, Monte Vista & 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff are cheaper than they're supposed to be.

EDIT: Supernatural is a little cheaper too.

#5544 joecool4279

joecool4279

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

Picked up Seasons and Generations. I don't know why. I have only ever played 3 hours of the base game and now I have those two expansions + Supernatural lol. Sales are too irresistible! Somehow I think I will end up with World Adventures too.

#5545 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

If you buy one of the Sims expansions on Amazon, do they give you a key to register it on Origin? I have The Sims 3 already, but I didn't buy it from Amazon.
Posted Image

#5546 Spirin

Spirin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

If you buy one of the Sims expansions on Amazon, do they give you a key to register it on Origin? I have The Sims 3 already, but I didn't buy it from Amazon.

The keys are for Origin, yes.

#5547 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Yes, you can get your expansions on Origin. However, it works a little bit differently than usual. Instead of redeeming your key directly through Origin, you have to create an account over on http://www.thesims3.com/ and register the game/expansion over there. Then you link that account to your Origin account and the sims 3 stuff will show up in Origin.

It's been so long since I did it that I can't remember how to link the sims3.com account with your Origin account. I think if you use the same email address as you used to create your Origin account when you are creating your Sims3.com account, it might automatically link the two for you. Hopefully somebody else out there will correct me on that if I've got that wrong.

#5548 The Sifu

The Sifu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

Yes, you can get your expansions on Origin. However, it works a little bit differently than usual. Instead of redeeming your key directly through Origin, you have to create an account over on http://www.thesims3.com/ and register the game/expansion over there. Then you link that account to your Origin account and the sims 3 stuff will show up in Origin.

It's been so long since I did it that I can't remember how to link the sims3.com account with your Origin account. I think if you use the same email address as you used to create your Origin account when you are creating your Sims3.com account, it might automatically link the two for you. Hopefully somebody else out there will correct me on that if I've got that wrong.

If you already have an Origin account, you should be able to use that to log into the Sims3.com without any issue. The linking should only be necessary if you created a sims3.com account before an Origin account (which one might have done if one picked up The Sims 3 when it originally launched, since the game came out about 2 years before the Origin client).
Posted Image

#5549 Dudeson

Dudeson

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Tony, is there a possibility for a good deal on Wargame: European Escalation and/or a Paradox Interactive collection bundle in some sort?

#5550 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

1,860 keys left

Thanks!

Tony, is there a possibility for a good deal on [snip] a Paradox Interactive collection bundle in some sort?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.