Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#5551 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Thanks!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

laugh til you are crying? It seems I'm the only person here who had minimal interest in this bundle, but even I want to buy it based on the demand for it alone

#5552 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Tony, is there a possibility for a good deal on Wargame: European Escalation and/or a Paradox Interactive collection bundle in some sort?

El-Oh-El Are you for real? Man oh man you missed the bus. (the short variety even)

#5553 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

Just a head's up to all of you. The prices have flipped on most of these, but some of the items are cheaper than advertised. Seasons, Monte Vista & 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff are cheaper than they're supposed to be.

EDIT: Supernatural is a little cheaper too.

Looks like we got this fixed, thanks for the headsup :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#5554 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

Whats the difference between The Sims 3 Refresh compared to the previous base version via Origin?
Posted Image

#5555 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Tony, is there a possibility for a good deal on Wargame: European Escalation and/or a Paradox Interactive collection bundle in some sort?

You shoulda asked for a price match for Wargame while it was on Steam sale. Amazon already had massive paradox collections sold during january just past....
Posted Image

#5556 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

I bought the Sims 3 too early, so I'm not going to waste money on expansions, but it might be a good time to get Medieval since I don't see it going any lower.

#5557 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

Picked up Ambitions, Generations, and Pets. Time to get my Sims on again. I keep going back to this game and binging on it every so often.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#5558 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

Picked up Ambitions, Generations, and Pets. Time to get my Sims on again. I keep going back to this game and binging on it every so often.

I go A LOT through this w/ Sims games; Elder Scrolls games; and TDU2.

#5559 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by walkonshadows Posted Image
For those of you who bought TSW of Amazon, here a free t-shirt for your in game character:
http://www.alienware....hirt-giveaway/

1,860 keys left

Thanks!
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

They must have added some, cause now it reads 9951 codes left :-#

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#5560 cnote 40

cnote 40

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

sims.. do not want!

lol, ty for the deal though OP!

#5561 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

Is medieval an extension where I need to buy sims 3? I NEVER played sims before and would love to see why a lot of people like it. Also, I'm guessing Sims games are not very demanding on PC's?

#5562 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

Is medieval an extension where I need to buy sims 3? I NEVER played sims before and would love to see why a lot of people like it. Also, I'm guessing Sims games are not very demanding on PC's?

Nope Medieval is a standalone game. It's ok, but it's not anything like the Sims3-crack that makes you want Katy Perry Cupcake Bra DLC when you're high.

#5563 WiiGame

WiiGame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

Has Amazon jacked up the price for release day delivery? It use to be like 99 cents but now I'm getting a $10 charge

#5564 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

Has Amazon jacked up the price for release day delivery? It use to be like 99 cents but now I'm getting a $10 charge

I'm guessing you haven't preordered anything from Amazon recently. They don't do 99 cent RDD anymore. There's only 2 day shipping now, which will get it to you on release day.

#5565 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

Uhhmmm....

How about the superior Sims 2 and all expansions?
For like $10?

Kthnx XD

#5566 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

Uhhmmm....

How about the superior Sims 2 and all expansions?
For like $10?

Kthnx XD

The government banned the sale of The Sims 2 a while back due to a growing epidemic of unemployed Sims 2 addicts forced to live on cat food.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#5567 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

So that's where all the cat food went......

I kept trying to get some for all the cats I won at the carnival.

:(

#5568 Sugar and Rainbows

Sugar and Rainbows

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

I bought The Sims Medieval and my sister bought The Sims 3 and Generations.

Time to get my long-awaited Sims fix.

#5569 MADNESSSsss

MADNESSSsss

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

Whats the difference between The Sims 3 Refresh compared to the previous base version via Origin?

The Sims 3 and all previously released patches and game updates = Sims 3 Refresh

Source : Link

#5570 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

did anyone have issues registering their keys at https://www.thesims3.com/ ?
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#5571 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

I didn't have any problems. I registered Season, Showtime & Monte Vista.

What did you have problems registering?

#5572 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

I bought it for a friend, I dont think the base game code that you need to register there worked
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#5573 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

I bought it for a friend, I dont think the base game code that you need to register there worked

Oh, I see.

Well the only thing that I can suggest is that maybe the key was entered into the wrong place. When you go to thesims3.com, you have a couple of different places to enter the key. First go to the menu bar at the top of the page and hover over "My Page". With the drop down menu that appears, scroll down to "My Account". Another Drop Down appears.

There are a couple of different options there that will allow you to redeem a key. The first one from the top is "Register A Game". This takes you to a page that has 5 boxes to enter key digits into (20 Digits total). This is where you register the actual games/expansions.

The other option in that drop-down menu is "Redeem a Code", which will take you to a page that has 4 boxes to enter key digits into (16 Digits total). This is the area where you redeem keys from sim point cards and for towns (I used this to redeem Monte Vista).

Is it possible your friend went to the "Redeem a Code" page? If not, has your friend checked their "My Store Account" page to see if the games have shown up there? Sometimes it takes a few minutes for them to show up.

#5574 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

The "Refresh" is just a more up-to-date-patched version. It's saving you from a couple of gigs of patch downloads vs the original release (assuming you buy the physical media). Not sure what version you get if you buy directly off Origin, but I suppose it would give you the most recent patched build. In any case you're downloading everything so it doesn't matter.

#5575 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

Oh, I see.

Well the only thing that I can suggest is that maybe the key was entered into the wrong place. When you go to thesims3.com, you have a couple of different places to enter the key. First go to the menu bar at the top of the page and hover over "My Page". With the drop down menu that appears, scroll down to "My Account". Another Drop Down appears.

There are a couple of different options there that will allow you to redeem a key. The first one from the top is "Register A Game". This takes you to a page that has 5 boxes to enter key digits into (20 Digits total). This is where you register the actual games/expansions.

The other option in that drop-down menu is "Redeem a Code", which will take you to a page that has 4 boxes to enter key digits into (16 Digits total). This is the area where you redeem keys from sim point cards and for towns (I used this to redeem Monte Vista).

Is it possible your friend went to the "Redeem a Code" page? If not, has your friend checked their "My Store Account" page to see if the games have shown up there? Sometimes it takes a few minutes for them to show up.

ok thanks, Ill check it out

#5576 perlith

perlith

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

Not sure what version you get if you buy directly off Origin, but I suppose it would give you the most recent patched build.

I bought this on sale in December when Amazon previously dropped it to $10 and just got around to playing now. Bought through Amazon, redeemed key through Origin. As of one week ago installed the base unpatched version from Origin and had a separate 1.3GB patch needed post-installation.

If there was ever a game which could use a Season Pass this would be it. $25 annually wouldn't be a stretch given the game originally came out in 2009. Offer an "all DLC until now" bundle for $50 and the Season Pass for $25 and watch your sales skyrocket. I can keep dreaming though...

#5577 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

If there was ever a game which could use a Season Pass this would be it. $25 annually wouldn't be a stretch given the game originally came out in 2009. Offer an "all DLC until now" bundle for $50 and the Season Pass for $25 and watch your sales skyrocket. I can keep dreaming though...

I think they would make more money going the Hat Fortress way. Open a Sims store, where users can create and sell content, EA getting 30% of the cut.

#5578 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

I haven't seen anyone mention this, and I know we have some sports game fans.
Baseball Mogul 2008 - $4

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#5579 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

The "Refresh" is just a more up-to-date-patched version. It's saving you from a couple of gigs of patch downloads vs the original release (assuming you buy the physical media). Not sure what version you get if you buy directly off Origin, but I suppose it would give you the most recent patched build. In any case you're downloading everything so it doesn't matter.

I don't think Origin is that advanced yet. You must be thinking of that other service. :-P

I downloaded Sims Medieval recently from Origin and then when the game ran the launcher it still needed to download the updates and install them.

It's possible that they do keep Sims 3 more up to date but I kind of doubt it. They seem to be relying on the launchers to do the updates which means you download the old versions first then run the launcher then do the updates. *Edit confirmed by a least one Amazon review, at least as of July 2012.

steam_sig.png

#5580 Dudeson

Dudeson

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

I have a problem and a question.

The problem is that I can't register on thesims3.com website. it says it need my serial key for either the game itself or an expansion, but the serial key I have in Origin won't work, so I can't register.

My question is: When I buy for example the Pets expansion, do I enter the serial I get from Amazon in Origin or on the website (Im hearing some talk about the website).