Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#5641 :Mephistox:

:Mephistox:

Be Adequate!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Yo guys,

Great news, just got off an AWESOME call with Rhode Island, looks like they are going to work on getting us Steam keys for Amalur as well as the gold masters for Rise of Nations and Rise of Legends.

No timeline yet and we're still waiting on the paperwork to come through, but definitely movement in the right direction.

Cheers,
Tony

Awesome! Cannot wait for this to happen. Hope they don't hold back on the DLC! :bouncy:

#5642 provdog2611

provdog2611

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Hey Tony,

Just cover your rears if you're working with Rhode Island. They've been known to bite people in the tookus.

#5643 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

The dude seemed to think there was a PC version of Catan floating around his servers somewhere.

I was confused but am following up. My exact words were "if you get me the binaries I will find an engineer to build an installer for the game".

Cheers,
Tony

That would be great!!! :applause:

#5644 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

Yo guys,

Great news, just got off an AWESOME call with Rhode Island, looks like they are going to work on getting us Steam keys for Amalur as well as the gold masters for Rise of Nations and Rise of Legends.

No timeline yet and we're still waiting on the paperwork to come through, but definitely movement in the right direction.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony. Thats wonderful awesome news :).
Posted Image

#5645 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

The dude seemed to think there was a PC version of Catan floating around his servers somewhere.

I was confused but am following up. My exact words were "if you get me the binaries I will find an engineer to build an installer for the game".

Cheers,
Tony

Damn, Tony's like a superhero.

#5646 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Nice work Tones!

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5647 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

I just got an email saying my time in The Secret World just ended :( I assume they still haven't worked that out of the system. lol

#5648 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

I just got an email saying my time in The Secret World just ended :( I assume they still haven't worked that out of the system. lol

WTH?!?! :-x

#5649 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

I did too. I'm pretty sure our early buy-in basically got us a free month of subscription. That's why some of us had the time accelerator, and I also got that silly blue tentacle hat.

Nothing to worry about.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5650 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

@Idiotekque
But, I thought TSW is now F2P once you actually buy it ONCE? :-x

#5651 chocobot

chocobot

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

@Idiotekque
But, I thought TSW is now F2P once you actually buy it ONCE? :-x

It is, the email just says your subscription ended, you can still keep playing, but lose the benefits that come with the monthly subscription. The people that still pay every month get special items every month, like that silly hat that was just mentioned.

Dont remember what the other benefits where, but I do remember i wasnt anything really worthwhile.

#5652 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

It is, the email just says your subscription ended, you can still keep playing, but lose the benefits that come with the monthly subscription. The people that still pay every month get special items every month, like that silly hat that was just mentioned.

Dont remember what the other benefits where, but I do remember i wasnt anything really worthwhile.

They're adding a "rewards" program soon where you accumulate a new system of points when you're subscribed. As it stands, you already get $10 worth of points in the cash shop for every month you're subscribed (and subscription is $15, so it's actually not a bad deal if you like buying cash shop stuff).

bZ2g3eF.png

#5653 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

Yo guys,

Cheers,
Tony

Lots of purchase potential here. Should we begin anticipating an "Ocean State Bundle"? :applause:

#5654 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Lots of purchase potential here. Should we begin anticipating an "Ocean State Bundle"? :applause:

I'll pitch it if we get the content for sure :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#5655 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Right. They still have the subscription it's just optional and they aren't nickel and diming you to death like some other newly F2P MMOs so to be quite honest there's not a huge incentive to sub, but it's still there.

#5656 puffy

puffy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

steam dlc bundle would be great too
there are many people who have base KOA on steam-there was a 50% off sale but didn't include dlc

damn, drm free rise of nations :bouncy: you read my mind)

#5657 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Right. They still have the subscription it's just optional and they aren't nickel and diming you to death like some other newly F2P MMOs so to be quite honest there's not a huge incentive to sub, but it's still there.

Unfortunately right now the incentive is very weak... unless you're into buying clothes in the cash shop. Even then though, the cash shop is rather new, so the selection is very slim. There's very little reason to sub right now.

Among what the rewards system will offer is fast travel. Sounds nice if you know how much running around is involved in the game, but you can just /reset to kill your character, and then choose a new anima well to spawn at, as it stands. This damages your gear slightly and you will need to repair it, but repair costs are so cheap that there's really no reason to pay real money to fast travel.

I'm looking forward to what else the rewards system offers... but it doesn't look like it's going to be enough to make it all that worthwhile. Good for us cheapskates, but bad for Funcom keeping the game going. Still, I don't think the game is doing badly by any means. It's crazy active.

bZ2g3eF.png

#5658 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

steam dlc bundle would be great too
there are many people who have base KOA on steam-there was a 50% off sale but didn't include dlc

damn, drm free rise of nations :bouncy: you read my mind)

Good point. Hopefully we get a bundle for KoA on Steam with DLC or a separate sale on Steam keys for the KoA DLC. I hear it's quite good so I wouldn't want just the base Amalur without the DLC.

Unfortunately right now the incentive is very weak... unless you're into buying clothes in the cash shop. Even then though, the cash shop is rather new, so the selection is very slim. There's very little reason to sub right now.

Among what the rewards system will offer is fast travel. Sounds nice if you know how much running around is involved in the game, but you can just /reset to kill your character, and then choose a new anima well to spawn at, as it stands. This damages your gear slightly and you will need to repair it, but repair costs are so cheap that there's really no reason to pay real money to fast travel.

I'm looking forward to what else the rewards system offers... but it doesn't look like it's going to be enough to make it all that worthwhile. Good for us cheapskates, but bad for Funcom keeping the game going. Still, I don't think the game is doing badly by any means. It's crazy active.

Funcom sucks so bad at monetizing that I almost feel bad for them. Whereas EA makes playing for free so a huge PITA that it makes you to want to just sub not to have to deal with all that mess.

I feel like there's got to be some sort of middle ground though. Both are extremes.

#5659 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

Yo guys,

Cheers,
Tony

OH SNAP!:whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee:
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#5660 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

Funcom sucks so bad at monetizing that I almost feel bad for them. Whereas EA makes playing for free so a huge PITA that it makes you to want to just sub not to have to deal with all that mess.

I feel like there's got to be some sort of middle ground though. Both are extremes.

Blizzard and World of Warcraft. It's on sale now for $35 for everything from vanilla to Mists of Pandaria. The $5 starter Battle Chest includes the base game, Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King and one month game time. If you know someone already playing, you can make a deal with him to "recruit" you under WoW's Recruit a Friend program and you can both get perks/goodies. :bouncy:

#5661 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

Blizzard and World of Warcraft. It's on sale now for $35 for everything from vanilla to Mists of Pandaria. The $5 starter Battle Chest includes the base game, Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King and one month game time. If you know someone already playing, you can make a deal with him to "recruit" you under WoW's Recruit a Friend program and you can both get perks/goodies. :bouncy:

Eh, and then a mount is "on sale" for $20 or something ridiculous. I really don't want TSW to act anything like WoW. At all.

bZ2g3eF.png

#5662 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

That and WOW is lacking in gameplay. Fun for socializing.

#5663 john_wheatly

john_wheatly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

Yo guys,

Cheers,
Tony

awesomest news wrt KoA!

#5664 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

That and WOW is lacking in gameplay. Fun for socializing.

But you can farm vegetables in-game! I thought you'd be all over that. :lol:

#5665 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

Yay, Farmville MMORPG.

bZ2g3eF.png

#5666 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

But you can farm vegetables in-game! I thought you'd be all over that. :lol:

I'd rather buy a game dedicated to farming veggies than one that throws it in as an afterthought.

#5667 baron calamity

baron calamity

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

Yo guys,

Cheers,
Tony

Awesome news Tony! I've been wanting to pick up Rise of Legends again.

#5668 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

Eh, and then a mount is "on sale" for $20 or something ridiculous. I really don't want TSW to act anything like WoW. At all.

Wait, vanity mounts ruin your gameplay somehow?

#5669 tannersarms

tannersarms

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

Yo guys,

Cheers,
Tony

I've not been following this closely enough, but when you say "Rhode Island" who are you actually referring to? The State? Or an entity there?

In any case, whoever it is, I would strongly suggest that they work to get Rise of Nations on Steam too, whether it be by Greenlight or direct negotiations, because that would increase both yours and their sales tenfold. I think your sales data for the MS bundle would show how well a game does sold on Amazon but with Steam keys.

#5670 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:39 AM

Wait, vanity mounts ruin your gameplay somehow?

I'm actually just a little against mounts in the first place. I don't like the idea that travel is gimped unless you pay real money.

I really don't want to see dragons and floating thrones and shit fluttering about Solomon Island, Egypt, etc. TSW does a damn good job at setting a theme and a mood and I really feel like mounts, unless they were extremely subtle (like mopeds and old motorcycles), would ruin the setting.

bZ2g3eF.png