Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#5671 Wapcaplet

Wapcaplet

Ancient Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

Damn, Tony's like a superhero.

#5672 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

I didn't come to this thread after Editors Choice ended. So whats new ??
Any News about upcoming Deals ??
Also I wanted to ask that What happened to Fable 3 DLCs ?

#5673 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:05 AM

Dog Costume DLC for Fable III is 49 cents at Steam now. Go run and buy it everyone that was going nuts over it. :-P

I'm only buying it to mock those that wanted it. ^_~ ...maybe.

I just got an email saying my time in The Secret World just ended :( I assume they still haven't worked that out of the system. lol

For you, the war game is over.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#5674 Cutrate

Cutrate

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

Pity Catan is not available for pc from big huge games, or even better an add on for XBOX :)

It seems like that would more be a windows 8 store thing, if that platform was good, well supported by MS or had a reasonable UI setup for PC. It looks like there is a non-working version of dominion (in terms of stuff in that category) on the store already.

#5675 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

Also I wanted to ask that What happened to Fable 3 DLCs ?

They're on sale directly on Steam right now.

Kudos to Tony on the KoA progress. Excited for that one; I hope the Origin-version deal can be topped or at least matched.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#5676 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:08 AM

I'm actually just a little against mounts in the first place. I don't like the idea that travel is gimped unless you pay real money.

I really don't want to see dragons and floating thrones and shit fluttering about Solomon Island, Egypt, etc. TSW does a damn good job at setting a theme and a mood and I really feel like mounts, unless they were extremely subtle (like mopeds and old motorcycles), would ruin the setting.

Keeping with the TSW theme, fast travel should be as simple and unobtrusive as a portal opening in response to activation by a player-owned MacGuffin. Step through to your destination, portal closes, done. Only the players within eyesight would see anything at all.

#5677 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

They're on sale directly on Steam right now.

Kudos to Tony on the KoA progress. Excited for that one; I hope the Origin-version deal can be topped or at least matched.

I cant Buy Fable 3 DLC on steam coz its region blocked.:cry: Is there anyway to buy it on Amazon ?

Im Finishing Kingdom of Amalur Tonight. I started Playing KOA i on 5th January. Now I'm in around 130+ Hours & almost finished ( including 2 DLC & 240+ Quests) . I'm in the Last Main Quests now. Im keeping 2 Alarms on (My watch & phone) everyday before i go to sleep to wake up 5 a.m in the morning juts to Play KOA for 3hours before i go to the Work @ 9 a.m in the morning. So much hard work, So much dedication i put in to this game & today Im finally gonna Finish it :lol: . Im so happy. its a shame that 38 Studios closed. I'd really like to see a sequel for this game. I hope EA will one day release a sequel. :) I think i explored like Every dungeon & talked with everyone in this game. ;) I bought this game for 12$ & KOA is worth Every cent i spend for it. Its a great RPG. Hope more people will play it.

After i beat KOA tonight im going straight to Dark Souls. Hopefully I think Dark souls not gonna Disappoint me. I know Dark souls is really Hard. but I'll tell you guys how it goes :D

#5678 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

I'm actually just a little against mounts in the first place. I don't like the idea that travel is gimped unless you pay real money.

I really don't want to see dragons and floating thrones and shit fluttering about Solomon Island, Egypt, etc. TSW does a damn good job at setting a theme and a mood and I really feel like mounts, unless they were extremely subtle (like mopeds and old motorcycles), would ruin the setting.

His point was you don't have to pay real money for mounts in WoW. There's like 200 that are obtainable in game.

#5679 vulcarweb

vulcarweb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Can you do Strike Suit Zero for $15?

#5680 nikvest

nikvest

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

I would like to ask someone to help me buy Endless Space Emperor Edition from Nuuvem - because I don't have PayPal, and Fable III DLC packs from Steam Daily Deal - because game is region restricted for me.

I have Amazon GiftCards to offer in return.

Please send PM if you can help.

#5681 Hop25

Hop25

The Repo Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

I would like to ask someone to help me buy Endless Space Emperor Edition from Nuuvem - because I don't have PayPal, and Fable III DLC packs from Steam Daily Deal - because game is region restricted for me.

I have Amazon GiftCards to offer in return.

Please send PM if you can help.

You may want to try this thread for regional pricing assistance.

#5682 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

His point was you don't have to pay real money for mounts in WoW. There's like 200 that are obtainable in game.

This. You've never needed to pay any real money to get around in WoW, mounts have always been available ingame. I can only assume you haven't spent much if any time with the game not to know that.

#5683 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

Hey guys,

We had a discussion a while back where I asked you for your feedback on pre-order promos. Wanted to give you a heads up that, in the near future (likely next week) we plan on launching a test whereby customers who pre-order (or have pre-ordered) one of our titles will get $15 to use immediately on titles from the publisher, and we'll be promoting those titles in that same week.k When the game releases, you'll get an additional $15 credit to use on the publisher's titles, and we plan on promoting them again after launch.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#5684 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Hey guys,

We had a discussion a while back where I asked you for your feedback on pre-order promos. Wanted to give you a heads up that, in the near future (likely next week) we plan on launching a test whereby customers who pre-order (or have pre-ordered) one of our titles will get $15 to use immediately on titles from the publisher, and we'll be promoting those titles in that same week.k When the game releases, you'll get an additional $15 credit to use on the publisher's titles, and we plan on promoting them again after launch.

Cheers,
Tony

Wow that could be very tempting.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#5685 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Wow that could be very tempting.

I think it will be :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#5686 chaosking121

chaosking121

Hoarder Of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tony

Sorry, but I need an example to really get my head around this.

So let's say I pre-order Tomb Raider. Amazon won't charge my card until the game comes out, but I get $15 credit on games from [Square Enix] next week? Sounds too good to be true. And then when the game comes out in March, I get another $15 of credit?

Even if this interpretation is wrong (which is likely), thanks for all the hard work you put in Tony. We really appreciate it :)

#5687 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Sorry, but I need an example to really get my head around this.

So let's say I pre-order Tomb Raider. Amazon won't charge my card until the game comes out, but I get $15 credit on games from [Square Enix] next week? Sounds too good to be true. And then when the game comes out in March, I get another $15 of credit?

Even if this interpretation is wrong (which is likely), thanks for all the hard work you put in Tony. We really appreciate it :)

That interpretation is absolutely correct (the title isn't Tomb Raider though). $15 immediately when you click the "Pre-order" button (which doesn't charge you until launch or preload) and then $15 again after launch/preload.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#5688 chaosking121

chaosking121

Hoarder Of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

That interpretation is absolutely correct (the title isn't Tomb Raider though). $15 immediately when you click the "Pre-order" button (which doesn't charge you until launch or preload) and then $15 again after launch/preload.

Cheers,
Tony

<3

I'd love to see something on Tomb Raider though. I'm more excited for Bioshock Infinite, but I have an insatiable desire to own a physical copy of that game. Thanks Tony :)

#5689 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Uh.. can't that be abused, if it doesn't charge you until launch/preload? Preorder, get $15 promo credit.. cancel preorder, preorder again, get credit, repeat again times infinity?

#5690 Triggerhappy14

Triggerhappy14

Hey, what's going on?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

I actually hope that the publisher is EA. I want Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3 so that extra $30 would come in handy.

#5691 pinkgun

pinkgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Uh.. can't that be abused, if it doesn't charge you until launch/preload? Preorder, get $15 promo credit.. cancel preorder, preorder again, get credit, repeat again times infinity?

Yeh that is my concern too, I still remember similar thing happened to the pre-order of Hitman: Absolution which you could get a Steam key for sniper challenge if you did like this

#5692 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Can I get confirmation on whether I can abuse this or not?

#5693 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Heh, I was going to say that sounds like that system is open to a lot of abuse.

I mean I guess if they were going to run a sale for that publisher anyway but instead of doing a sale they do the $15 discount for a cancellable pre-order then it would be no big deal.

steam_sig.png

#5694 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

Yeh that is my concern too, I still remember similar thing happened to the pre-order of Hitman: Absolution which you could get a Steam key for sniper challenge if you did like this

Heh, I was going to say that sounds like that system is open to a lot of abuse.

I mean I guess if they were going to run a sale for that publisher anyway but instead of doing a sale they do the $15 discount for a cancellable pre-order then it would be no big deal.

We're going to limit it to one per customer to cut down on abuse like this. We'll also do a post mortem after the fact to determine how many people pre-ordered and cancelled, we have a very specific % that will determine whether or not we try it again in the future.

Like I said, it is a test, if it doesn't work or we see massive abuse we'll cancel it before it is over, but if the internet decides it wants nice things, we can have nice things :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#5695 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Yeah, I'm going to go with the outcome being 'this is why we can't have nice things' but we'll see I suppose.

steam_sig.png

#5696 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

We're going to limit it to one per customer to cut down on abuse like this. We'll also do a post mortem after the fact to determine how many people pre-ordered and cancelled, we have a very specific % that will determine whether or not we try it again in the future.

Like I said, it is a test, if it doesn't work or we see massive abuse we'll cancel it before it is over, but if the internet decides it wants nice things, we can have nice things :).

Cheers,
Tony

I hope that % is somewhere near 80 or so, because I have a feeling it's gonna be abused heavily, even if its only once per account.

#5697 BMXJouster

BMXJouster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Well I hope it turns out well with minimal abuse. It sounds like a hell of a deal and, depending on the publisher, I could definitely see myself taking advantage of it for some games I might be interested in pre-ordering.

#5698 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

I can guarantee you a mass amount of people will preorder and cancel just for the first $15 credit. Shame, too, as it really is a very creative and quite generous promotion.

#5699 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

I mean, personally I would think it reasonable that cancelled pre orders would be a refund minus $15 if the credit was used. That's how most stores handle these types of promos because people will abuse absolutely anything. Moreso on the internet where they can sort of be anonymous and just fill out a few forms or click a few buttons to abuse, demand refunds, etc.

#5700 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

You could maybe combine a $15 credit after-the-fact with a percentage discount of the pre-order game up front and or just back-load all of the promotional credit so it's $30 after the game releases.