Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#5881 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

I'm using my $10 software credit on Turbo Tax. Sick and tired of doing it by hand - and $30 sounds like a good deal for Deluxe Federal + State...
76561198025510545.png

#5882 mm3n

mm3n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

So everyone got these $10 software credit? I feel like the only person who hasn't, haha xD I just wish I knew why were they granted, I maybe don't apply for one, lol.

#5883 chaosking121

chaosking121

Hoarder Of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

So everyone got these $10 software credit? I feel like the only person who hasn't, haha xD I just wish I knew why were they granted, I maybe don't apply for one, lol.

Tony said they were randomly sent out, but if this promotion works, they'll consider similar promotions on a larger scale in the future.

#5884 Aquaman1942

Aquaman1942

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

If anyone wants to grab some software (non-gaming) from Amazon, here's my $10 off key: 3XYG-F8EG9U-AVYDS3.

#5885 tritangle

tritangle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

I'm not Tony, but you should email CS and ask either for them to change payment and add the coupon or refund so you can add the coupon and re order. They should be able to do that and you will get it done quicker.

Thanks. I emailed them and the refund/re-buy is what they told me to do.

#5886 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

this software good?
http://www.amazon.co...iew_asin_detail

#5887 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Tony said they were randomly sent out, but if this promotion works, they'll consider similar promotions on a larger scale in the future.

So it's in our best interest for the future to use the code if we got one, whether we use it ourselves or give it to someone who does. It's a good promotion.

#5888 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

If ya get yo' snake squeezins anywhere near meh I'mma gonna hurt ya with mah red ryder yo.

^_^

You look into the crystal ball and you see...you see...you see an angry wizard on a mountain screaming, "What do you think this is, Bard's Tale?!"

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#5889 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Bought http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00347AJX4/

edit, or maybe not: This code is not valid
It's in the software section.
http://www.amazon.co...rice=10&x=0&y=0

#5890 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Thanks. I emailed them and the refund/re-buy is what they told me to do.

Glad it worked out. CS is usually really quick and helpful in fixing anything. It's happened to me with buying the wrong version of a game and they usually fix it right away.

this software good?
http://www.amazon.co...iew_asin_detail

What are you trying to do? It's free after the coupon I guess (does the coupon work that way) so you wouldn't really have anything to lose, but it looks like a run of the mill drag and drop sequencer.

#5891 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

If anyone wants to grab some software (non-gaming) from Amazon, here's my $10 off key: 3XYG-F8EG9U-AVYDS3.

Went ahead and used this, thank you.

#5892 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

So as good as Tony's bundles have been especially those THQ and Paradox packs, I'm afraid the physical product side has him beat on the games/$ metric.

500,000 games for $5

Does that feel overwhelming? Try, 333,000 games for $5

Still too much? Maybe Galaxy of Games 50,000 @ $4 is more your pace.

And the superlightweight edition, Galaxy of Games 3001 @ $12 (see how they get you? less games for more money) TWO CDs and works on Win 98 all the way to Win Vista. ^_~

And if there were steam keys that would be months of Steam Key Entry and Steam Library Organization entertainment. :lol:
Spoiler

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#5893 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Do these codes work on software downloads? If so and someone has an extra code, please PM it to me.
A generous CAG supplied a code.

Edited by warreni, 15 February 2013 - 05:52 PM.

698770.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#5894 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Do these codes work on software downloads? If so and someone has an extra code, please PM it to me.

I may be wrong, but I think they only work on software downloads.

#5895 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Here's mine:
Spoiler

#5896 provdog2611

provdog2611

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Here's mine:

Spoiler

Someone was very fast... not me. Very generous of you, though.

#5897 fullmetal

fullmetal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Hey Tony, I see that Amazon has a page for The Showdown Effect up for pre-order, but I was wondering if it will have the 4-pack option? And, do you know if there are any plans to have any deals on this game?

I'm really loving the beta so far.

#5898 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Hey guys,

Super psyched you guys are digging the software promo. We'll be conducting a full analysis on the efficacy over the next couple weeks.

I'll update the OP today or tonight but here's a quick update on the Deal of the Week starting on Sunday:

1. Hitman Absolution: $16.49
2. Hitman Absolution - Professional: $19.99
3. Tales of Monkey Island Bundle - $8.99
4. Sam&Max Bundle - $23.99
5. Individual Sam&Max Games - $9.99

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#5899 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

Hey guys,

This is for those who live in or around Seattle.

We'll have Major Nelson on Amazon campus on Monday, he's going to do a tour of the office, and meet with us about some business related things.

He's also going to hang out and play Halo 4 with us.

The first 5 folks who live in or around Seattle and can commit to getting down here on Monday that PM me will be invited to come hang out and play games with us.

Not sure if you all are interested in hanging with the Major, I'm only pushing this offer out on CAG first, if I don't get 5 responses I'll try another community, let me know guys!

Let me know if you're interested, if you PM me, please make sure you can make it down, if you don't you'll be wasting a spot someone else could use.

EDIT: The Major just replied back as well and let us know that he's going to bring 5 1-year xbox live memberships and 5 copies of Halo 4, so 1 of each for the 5 people who come. Also, we'll be doing food and HH at Bravehorse afterwards that you'll also be invited to. Amazon will pick up the tab on food/HH.

Cheers,
Tony

Anticipation.....growing, Tony! :)

Do you have an update on this? *cries*

:)
www.bighugenerd.com

#5900 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

Anticipation.....growing, Tony! :)

Do you have an update on this? *cries*

:)

Haha yeah for sure, I'm responding to your PM now.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#5901 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hey guys,

Super psyched you guys are digging the software promo. We'll be conducting a full analysis on the efficacy over the next couple weeks.

I'll update the OP today or tonight but here's a quick update on the Deal of the Week starting on Sunday:

1. Hitman Absolution: $16.49
2. Hitman Absolution - Professional: $19.99
3. Tales of Monkey Island Bundle - $8.99
4. Sam&Max Bundle - $23.99
5. Individual Sam&Max Games - $9.99

Cheers,
Tony

Obviously the Hitman games are steam keys, but what's the DRM situation with the Telltale games?

#5902 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Obviously the Hitman games are steam keys, but what's the DRM situation with the Telltale games?

Sam & Max activates on Steam. Just checked the Amazon product pages for them. Price seems too high for them though. IIRC the complete pack has been around $13 in a few Steam sales.

Not sure about Tales of Monkey Island, I don't see any DRM listed.

Edited by spoderman, 15 February 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#5903 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Sam & Max activates on Steam. Just checked the Amazon product pages for them. Price seems too high for them though. IIRC they complete pack has been around $13 in a few Steam sales.

Not sure about Tales of Monkey Island, I don't see any DRM listed.

Damn, it never even occurred to me to check the store pages for the DRM info. Talk about a rookie move on my part. lol

Complete Sam & Max has been $12.50 on a couple of occasions on steam. So not the best deal there.
Tales of Monkey Island was once $5 on steam, but over the past few years, it's been $8.75 when it goes on sale. So that's not too bad of a deal.

#5904 puffy

puffy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

yeah Sam and Max Complete Pack was 12.50 on every recent summer/xmas sale
so 23$ isn't great

great games though-most telltale games are

episode 104 is free on steam if someone wants to check it out
http://store.steampo...d.com/app/8230/

first season is 4:3
for widescreen this works perfectly http://www.wsgf.org/...xport/html/5159

Edited by puffy, 15 February 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#5905 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Thanks for running another deal on Hitman. My buddy and I both were talking about how much we regretting not purchasing it last time it was on sale.

I do have a question regarding some games going forward. I saw that CAPCOM states that they were only going to sell games through GFWL, Steam, and Origin. Since their games going forward appear to be using Steamworks, is there any chance that we might see some more CAPCOM games for sale on Amazon?

Posted Image

#5906 vince726

vince726

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

does anyone know if the sims 3 will run on a new windows 7 computer.. my son wants this game. Also, what expansions would you recommend, Thanks..

#5907 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

does anyone know if the sims 3 will run on a new windows 7 computer.. my son wants this game. Also, what expansions would you recommend, Thanks..

Yes, it should run no problem.

I'd buy any of the expansion packs, and none of the stuff packs. The expansion packs are worth it for $10 or under, but not necessary to have fun with the game.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5908 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

Check your system's PC specifications - i.e. OS (Windows 7 in your case); processor; RAM; hard drive space; and especially your video card.

You want to see if your PC specs match up or are actually better than the game's system requirements (which are in the middle of the page):
http://www.amazon.co...s 3 pc download

EDIT:
I have Generations, Late Night, and Showtime for expansions.

#5909 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

Right, silly me. It will still take a relatively strong system to run well. I just thought he was asking if it was compatible with Win7.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5910 Jello1996

Jello1996

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

Picked up Sims 3 main game, generations, seasons, late night, and supernatural. Time to not leave my house for 2 months.