Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#5971 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Been out of the loop for a long while...

What is better, tales of monkey island or the secret of monkey island?
New to the series, but a little lost what the difference between the two are.

Also im like 3-4 hour drive from the amazon hq in wa... would be amazing to meet just Tony, dont even care about the free stuff! But got a pretty busy schedule lined up for the next couple weeks. Q_Q.
PC master race.

#5972 cvladan

cvladan

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

3x9h-y5krbb-rmr949

#5973 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

I ask because I notice that the MSRP on the Monkey Island Bundle is $44.75 over on Amazon. Most other places it's $35. I'm not sure why Telltale would set the price at $35 at most places and have it at $45 with you guys. It cuts both ways, though. I occasionally see items with a lower MSRP on Amazon than they are on steam.

That's because Amazon doesn't have the "Tales of Monkey Island" bundle like Telltale Games has on their website.
Instead, it's counting up the individual games, which is about $9 each, which is just under $45 for 5 episodes.

The bundle from TTG is $35, because you're basically getting the 5th episode for free. Again, Amazon doesn't have that for download.

So it doesn't look like they're trying to be deceitful, or to artificially list a higher price. They're just counting the individual episodes, as there is no bundle otherwise (on their site)

#5974 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

Working at 10:40am on a Sunday? Sounds like someone struck out on that last minute date last night!

HAHA :) we're getting together for dinner again in a couple of hours!

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#5975 DoctorArch

DoctorArch

Curmudgeon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Are the software codes still good? Anyone who has one to spare?
Thank you CAG, for making grad school more enjoyable (and cheap).

#5976 Mippo

Mippo

One and Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

Well, Tony probably never even read my post requesting a sale on Monkey Island a few weeks ago but THANK YOU SO MUCH regardless :) I'm definitely buying this!

Question though since it's been so long, are the games in this bundle different then the originals (Curse of Monkey Island, Secret of Monkey Island etc) or do the chapters (1,2,3,4,5) match up with the originals just titled differently. Basically, are these the same games?

#5977 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Question though since it's been so long, are the games in this bundle different then the originals (Curse of Monkey Island, Secret of Monkey Island etc) or do the chapters (1,2,3,4,5) match up with the originals just titled differently. Basically, are these the same games?

Tales of Monkey Island is not the original Monkey island series. It's a new game by Telltale rather than Lucasarts delivered in episode format.

#5978 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Hope there will be a Secret World sale in the near future.

#5979 manlai

manlai

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

so is the concensus on the hitman deal a buy or pass? I have a sufficient gamelog to play but I do hate missing a good deal just like any self respecting CAGer. :p

Edited by manlai, 18 February 2013 - 01:22 AM.

#5980 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:44 AM

so is the concensus on the hitman deal a buy or pass? I have a sufficient gamelog to play but I do hate missing a good deal just like any self respecting CAGer. :p

Look at the pricing history of Deux Ex: Human Revolution and decide for yourself. :)

#5981 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

Look at the pricing history of Deux Ex: Human Revolution and decide for yourself. :)

This. If you can wait 2-3 more months it'll probably hit $5-7.50.

#5982 manlai

manlai

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

good looking out guys. I guess I'll pass for now.

#5983 mm3n

mm3n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

Any news for WB sale soon? I'd scream for some killer deal on LEGO games right now :) Maybe a complete pack too? Would be nice!

#5984 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

I bought Hitman (ill-advisedly I guess, though I wanted to blow some extra credit I had laying around). Time for dat 12gb download for a 23gb install -.- And I had just relieved my HDD of MP3...
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#5985 baron calamity

baron calamity

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

Its worth it at that price. It isn't as good as Blood Money or Contracts, but its still pretty good.

#5986 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

I'm glad this sale isn't very impressive. I have no money.

So thank you, Tony!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5987 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

I bought Hitman (ill-advisedly I guess, though I wanted to blow some extra credit I had laying around). Time for dat 12gb download for a 23gb install -.- And I had just relieved my HDD of MP3...

It's worth it. Probably my GOTY of 2012

#5988 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

It looked pretty cool, and I did like what little of Blood Money I played...though I sucked at it.

EDIT: Also, PAGE 300!
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#5989 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

It looked pretty cool, and I did like what little of Blood Money I played...though I sucked at it.

EDIT: Also, PAGE 300!

I am going to warn Hitman fans/players right now -- Hitman: Absolution in many ways is MUCH different than Blood Money...and many of the previous Hitman games (Hitman 2: SA + Hitman: Contracts).

If you want more "Blood Money", Absolution is definitely NOT that.

Absolution tries to do A LOT of new things...and try to do some old things.
And throw away some other old things, too.

EDIT:

Hitman: Absolution is damn good.
I don't think it is my GOTY of 2012, though.
Dishonored took my GOTY of 2012.

#5990 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

Tony, any updates regarding the promised promotions for Pre-orders announcement you were planning for a long time now ? :)

fs_pc.png

#5991 john_wheatly

john_wheatly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

Dude, I hope she's going out with you for who you are and not for the gaming deals you can get her.

lol, that's hilarious! :lol:

#5992 Wattsup

Wattsup

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

I am going to warn Hitman fans/players right now -- Hitman: Absolution in many ways is MUCH different than Blood Money...and many of the previous Hitman games (Hitman 2: SA + Hitman: Contracts).

If you want more "Blood Money", Absolution is definitely NOT that.

Absolution tries to do A LOT of new things...and try to do some old things.
And throw away some other old things, too.

EDIT:

Hitman: Absolution is damn good.
I don't think it is my GOTY of 2012, though.
Dishonored took my GOTY of 2012.

All true. It's not all hits anymore. It's also a stealth game, but it still retains the puzzle like quality of the old hitman games.

Because the hitman games and stealth games are two of my favorite genres, I also thought Hitman Absolution was GotY 2012.

After playing Absolution, I tried to replay Blood Money and couldn't. It is very "clunky" compared to Absolution.

Wanted to give Absolution some love since it really has been bashed by people who are upset about the addition of stealth and other changes. I also would have enjoyed an updated "Blood Money 2", but Absolution is a great game if you have no prejudgments.

#5993 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

I replayed Blood Money not that long ago, it is a little clunkier than I remembered but still playable. I'll probably wait for one of those base game + all DLC bundles that amazon usually runs before picking up absolution.

Guardian_owl.png

#5994 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

I have so much backlog. Im going to wait till it hits 10$ than I will buy Hitman
Posted Image

#5995 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Tony, any updates regarding the promised promotions for Pre-orders announcement you were planning for a long time now ? :)

Launching at one point this week.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#5996 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Hey guys, heads up. Dead Space 3, $20 off tomorrow, all platforms.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#5997 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

All true. It's not all hits anymore. It's also a stealth game, but it still retains the puzzle like quality of the old hitman games.

Because the hitman games and stealth games are two of my favorite genres, I also thought Hitman Absolution was GotY 2012.

After playing Absolution, I tried to replay Blood Money and couldn't. It is very "clunky" compared to Absolution.

Wanted to give Absolution some love since it really has been bashed by people who are upset about the addition of stealth and other changes. I also would have enjoyed an updated "Blood Money 2", but Absolution is a great game if you have no prejudgments.

It's one of those games that doesn't follow the preceding games in the series but is very good in it's own right.

#5998 Dudeson

Dudeson

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

Hey guys, heads up. Dead Space 3, $20 off tomorrow, all platforms.

Cheers,
Tony

That soon? Does it mean we will be getting Crysis 3 at that price soon also?

#5999 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Can anyone who has played Dead Space 3 recommend 39.99 as a good buy in point tomorrow or would you advise waiting until a better deal comes along?

btw... Tony love the sales over the past year. Thank you for all the hard work.

Any word on Bethesda one day joining Amazon DD? Would love to purchase a few of those titles from you. Also would love to see an upcoming deal Assassin's Creed III.

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

#6000 ldtime

ldtime

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Guys, another $10 code: 3XFM-FEQNJM-YKHGL2