Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#6001 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Hey guys, heads up. Dead Space 3, $20 off tomorrow, all platforms.

Cheers,
Tony

Is there any chance we will see deals on the first two games any time soon? I was kind of surprised that no one had Dead Space 1 and 2 on sale leading up to the release of DS3.

Edited by CaseyRyback, 18 February 2013 - 07:39 PM.

#6002 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Cheers,
Tony

wow, that fast?

#6003 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Can anyone who has played Dead Space 3 recommend 39.99 as a good buy in point tomorrow or would you advise waiting until a better deal comes along?

if its $20 less after 2 weeks...well you do the math
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#6004 Triggerhappy14

Triggerhappy14

Hey, what's going on?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Any chance that deal lasts a little longer than just tomorrow? Or at least comes back soon (and hopefully better)? I'd love to get it but I want to wait until I get my $20 Crysis 3 credit so I can finish off these Amex gift cards.

#6005 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Yeah, wow....DS3 PC is bricking down w/ sale prices quick.

#6006 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

It's one of those games that doesn't follow the preceding games in the series

Well, it does in some ways; and it doesn't in other ways.

I'll explain that, in grave detail, namely for others who ain't played it yet...

but is very good in it's own right.

Oh, abso-freaking-lutely.

Click spoiler button below for my details on Hitman: Absolution - for how it's different to older Hitman games; how it's similar to older Hitman games; and what's new in Absolution:
Spoiler

#6007 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

lol.. very good point. I will leave the bell curve calculations on DS3 pricing trajectory to you though.

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

#6008 Malibuz0r

Malibuz0r

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

OMG what am I missing? Where to get 10$ off coupons? lol
--
On a side note: Has Bully been on a sale at amazon? I haven't seen a sale for over a year or more, highly interested in it!

#6009 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Tony's post where he said that the coupons were allocated to random DVG customers as part of a test promotion.
I'm hosting an Indie Gala July Madness group buy - PM me if you'd like to reserve a slot. :)
> Also selling a Steam copy of Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe ($4.98).

#6010 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

--
On a side note: Has Bully been on a sale at amazon? I haven't seen a sale for over a year or more, highly interested in it!

Randomly sent to Amazon customers e-mails, as I understand it.

#6011 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

Is there any chance we will see deals on the first two games any time soon? I was kind of surprised that no one had Dead Space 1 and 2 on sale leading up to the release of DS3.

Gamefly had the DS1+DS2 bundle on sale recently before the release of DS3. It wasn't directly in the time frame that lead to DS3, but it was close enough.

I don't know if that's a good way to measure it because I've seen many games dip to 40 bucks soon after release, but they usually don't continue on that path. Dead Space 3 has micro-transactions so that's probably why it's $20 off so soon. You could easily make up the difference in the $20 drop by having more people buying it and buying DLC.

#6012 tjhall1000

tjhall1000

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

Tony's post where he said that the coupons were allocated to random DVG customers as part of a test promotion.

no kidding? uhg i wish i could have been one of those lucky people lol, i would have loved the monkey island bundle

#6013 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

Launching at one point this week.

Cheers,
Tony

Cheers,
Tony

Awesome, thanks! :applause:

I have a friend who wants to buy Crysis 3 but can't find it anywhere cheap, I hope he can get it as soon as he sees some promo but he hoped to get Hunter's Edition Pre-order bonuses.

Dead Space 3 for $39.99 seems tempting :D

Gamefly had the DS1+DS2 bundle on sale recently before the release of DS3. It wasn't directly in the time frame that lead to DS3, but it was close enough.

I don't know if that's a good way to measure it because I've seen many games dip to 40 bucks soon after release, but they usually don't continue on that path. Dead Space 3 has micro-transactions so that's probably why it's $20 off so soon. You could easily make up the difference in the $20 drop by having more people buying it and buying DLC.

That micro-transactions thing was really stupid. Luckily there was that glitch in Chapter 8 that can give players unlimited resources for crafting :lol:

no kidding? uhg i wish i could have been one of those lucky people lol, i would have loved the monkey island bundle

Coupons only work on Software Downloads, not Game Downloads :)

fs_pc.png

#6014 Egos

Egos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

Ugh not related to current deals but I'm doing the biggest facepalm now. I just realized I lost like $35 + in credit because I didn't dload anything during January.

I got a warning for my mp3 credit running out but not my gaming credit :( I just realized now that the Black Friday stuff was from the 1st to the 31st of Jan :(

I'm a sad panda

#6015 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

Yeah, wow....DS3 PC is bricking down w/ sale prices quick.

Ive had it since release and I paid that using GMGs 30% off coupon. Not tto mention aall the stores, Amazon included, that have $20 gift cards with preorders. In that context this price doesn't seem all that surprising.
Posted Image

#6016 The Sifu

The Sifu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

That micro-transactions thing was really stupid. Luckily there was that glitch in Chapter 8 that can give players unlimited resources for crafting :lol:

I see this particular "trick" mentioned a lot on the net, and I really think it's been blown out of proportion. Not only are there are several other respawning resource points spread throughout the entire game but, more than that, the game was designed so that missions can be replayed at any time for more resources. I'm at the end of the game with a fully upgraded RIG, just about every weapon part and circuit I need, and I still have more resources than I know what to do with; the microtransactions are completely unnecessary, even without grinding.
Posted Image

#6017 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

I see this particular "trick" mentioned a lot on the net, and I really think it's been blown out of proportion. Not only are there are several other respawning resource points spread throughout the entire game but, more than that, the game was designed so that missions can be replayed at any time for more resources. I'm at the end of the game with a fully upgraded RIG, just about every weapon part and circuit I need, and I still have more resources than I know what to do with; the microtransactions are completely unnecessary, even without grinding.

This is true. Microtransactions are not needed at all for this game, at least it is not like that other crap EA does, like Fifa Points. I have a friend who spent like $100 in 2 weeks on those lol

fs_pc.png

#6018 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

This is true. Microtransactions are not needed at all for this game, at least it is not like that other crap EA does, like Fifa Points. I have a friend who spent like $100 in 2 weeks on those lol

On a sports game? What the hell is he buying? Soccer ball skins?

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#6019 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:32 AM

Thanks to Amazon Tony for hanging out with me (and the few other people) tonight. It was fun to trashtalk Major Nelson, play games, and eat yummy food. :D :D Awesome stuff! Hopefully do it again soon, woot!
www.bighugenerd.com

#6020 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

Tony,
7-9am
Battlefield 3 Premium $39.99
Will be on the gold box tomorrow do you think you can get a better deal for it?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6021 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

Thanks to Amazon Tony for hanging out with me (and the few other people) tonight. It was fun to trashtalk Major Nelson, play games, and eat yummy food. :D :D Awesome stuff! Hopefully do it again soon, woot!

Thanks for coming dude, I'll put together an update for the OP soon with pics and stuff.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#6022 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:40 AM

^_^ This I like hearing. People who post to complain about missing the Jan deals (with 64 posts and a posting gap from 27 Nov to 6 Feb), not so much.

Tony, you might want to clear/update your sig.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#6023 rahulkadukar

rahulkadukar

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

Software download key 3XQJ-SDEPWJ-2YB4YY

If anybody is interested in Dead Space 3 (Origin key) for $30. Let me know, got an extra copy.

#6024 Atlantik00

Atlantik00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

Thanks for coming dude, I'll put together an update for the OP soon with pics and stuff.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony, isn't the PC digital download for Dead Space 3 suppose to be $40? Don't see the price updated yet

#6025 Cheapnut

Cheapnut

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

Tony EA is doing battlefield 3 deal @ SEA region now 11.90 SGD.

Possibly to see any return of 7.49 Battlefield 3 limited edition deal? :D

#6026 MySaturdaySelf

MySaturdaySelf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

it would be great if it's $30..
leftover cheap steam keys from bundles? i'm buying --> https://docs.google....sted=true&pli=1

#6027 GeddyThePolack

GeddyThePolack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

it would be great if it's $30..

Agreed, if it was $30 I would pick it up, but I have too much in my backlog to bite at $40

Currently Playing:
:ps4: -Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, FIFA 14, Battlefield 4, Strider

:ps3:-Dark Souls II, Grand Theft Auto V
:wiiu: -Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
:pc:-too much to list
:3ds:-Bravely Default, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

#6028 Atlantik00

Atlantik00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

I see $30 in the title, price updating?

#6029 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

It's the Gold Box Deal of the Day for $39.99 across all consoles. Price in the title is just a typo.

#6030 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

It's the Gold Box Deal of the Day for $39.99 across all consoles. Price in the title is just a typo.

no its not a typo...
Posted Image