Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#6061 Ygh9RbNaijteh

Ygh9RbNaijteh

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

I won't use mine, so whoever still wants to buy some software with it, just use it: "Now through February 21, 2013, at 12 a.m. PST, use code 3X7H-XKPLTZ-F3B2NV to save $10 on any software download title sold by Amazon Digital Services, Inc." Enjoy!

#6062 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

-assorted defending of Tony to the death-

They asked for an update, and got new info. Nothing wrong with that, relax.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#6063 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

Ahh yes, i see, silly me.
What do you think guys? Dead Space 3 or Resident Evil 6? im between that two.

Ain't played either...

...but I'd love to see Tony make EA and Capcom do a RE6/Dead Space 3 bundle.
Yeah, two different pub's - this'll never happen. ;)

#6064 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

Bitcomposer is a vendor so hopefully! I just asked our Indie Vendor Manager to reach out. Sounds like she sent the email in the meeting we're in.

Cheers,
Tony

Excellent, thanks!

#6065 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

Steam KoA keys available soon... ugg. Tony knows the way to make me spend more money.

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

#6066 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

They asked for an update, and got new info. Nothing wrong with that, relax.

I wasn't trying to sound demanding, I'm sorry if people took it that way.

#6067 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

If I had known people would be so demanding I never would have given Tony that lawyer's name! :lol:

#6068 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

On a sports game? What the hell is he buying? Soccer ball skins?

Actually there is a big in-game store that uses Fifa Points for trading players, upgrading them, getting new contacts, packs (yes Soccer ball skins included lol)

I'd say the opposite. You can get RE6 for like $25 through GMG if you buy it on the UK site, or buy from a UK CAG. RE6 won't be under $25 for a long, long time. It's Capcom.

On the other hand, you shouldn't really buy any game for $40 unless you REALLY want it. It will be cheaper, quickly. Period.

True. I got RE6 pre-order on Steam in a trade and it has higher value. Digital Soundtrack, Artbook, RE5 FREE! and Season Pass would unlock as the final reward.

Last email I got read "I am asking Valve for keys". So it sounds like we're just waiting on Valve to deliver them to him. There is some contract stuff we need to go through as well but that'll likely be expedited once we have product to sell.

Cheers,
Tony

Double-dipping soon! :applause:

fs_pc.png

#6069 john_wheatly

john_wheatly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

Last email I got read "I am asking Valve for keys". So it sounds like we're just waiting on Valve to deliver them to him. There is some contract stuff we need to go through as well but that'll likely be expedited once we have product to sell.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks for the update, Tony. :)

#6070 dilemna

dilemna

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

$40 bux is still a bit high but i'll get it since im itching to buy something!

#6071 Metroidman

Metroidman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

So....anyone ever figure out how to buy RE6 from the UK GMG site for $25 instead of buying it for $40 on the US stie

#6072 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

So....anyone ever figure out how to buy RE6 from the UK GMG site for $25 instead of buying it for $40 on the US stie

Yes, move to the UK.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#6073 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

Yes, move to the UK.

Or ask someone with a UK credit card to buy it for you... :)
www.bighugenerd.com

#6074 Kildar

Kildar

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

Use a VPN to change your IP address.

#6075 Awkward1099

Awkward1099

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Do you have any "welcoming party" planned for the KoA Steam keys? I bought the Origin deal for $9.99 a couple weeks back before you talked about Steam versions. I'd much rather play it through Steam but it'll have to be on a sale for me. Hell, I'd probably buy a few copies.

#6076 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Really?

Come on now, everyone knows this stuff goes on but you guys really need to stop being so damned brazen about discussing things you shouldn't be doing on a legitimate board.

PS - If you get something from GMG via vpn that happens to have a region lock on it you'll have to again use a vpn to register it to Steam, and doing that risks getting noticed and potentially getting your account banned. Not really worth it since all games are going to go on sale cheaper in your region eventually anyway with a little patience.

steam_sig.png

#6077 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Just FYI, it's not that easy with GMG. They are protecting their regional prices better than any other digital distributor. Even overlooking the legal/ethical controversy the easiest way in case of GMG is to find someone from the UK to buy it for you. Period.

#6078 Type

Type

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Even overlooking the legal/ethical controversy the easiest way in case of GMG is to find someone from the UK to buy it for you. Period.

Ha, I'm from the UK and I've had my account blocked 4 times since just before Christmas.
I love the GMG sales, but they make it so hard to buy anything without having to beg their customer support to unflag your account when there's a hiccup.

GMG have way too many issues with accepting legitimate payments, I'm skeptical if a VPN would really work.
It's almost hilarious how much money they lose because of their checkout system!

#6079 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Ha, I'm from the UK and I've had my account blocked 4 times since just before Christmas.
I love the GMG sales, but they make it so hard to buy anything without having to beg their customer support to unflag your account when there's a hiccup.

GMG have way too many issues with accepting legitimate payments, I'm skeptical if a VPN would really work.
It's almost hilarious how much money they lose because of their checkout system!

I don't know about a VPN, but using a proxy (Amazon EC2 instance to bypass my company's firewall in my case) will not allow you to purchase (even if the proxy is on the same country as the account)
Posted Image

#6080 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Forget what the lowest on xcom was, but GMG has it for $16 now with coupon.
http://slickdeals.ne...igital-download

No, I am NOT asking for a price match as I already know Amazon doesn't price match international sellers...

#6081 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

I want the XCOM DLC to be discounted :(
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#6082 El Vader

El Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

If Amazon pricematch Resident Evil 6 I will instant buy it, im getting tired of the "cannot complete order" in GMG every single time.

#6083 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

GMG is so stupid in regional restrictions. I can't buy any EA games from them while they offer GFWL titles in my region and those GFWL games should NOT be sold here!

fs_pc.png

#6084 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Really?

Come on now, everyone knows this stuff goes on but you guys really need to stop being so damned brazen about discussing things you shouldn't be doing on a legitimate board.

PS - If you get something from GMG via vpn that happens to have a region lock on it you'll have to again use a vpn to register it to Steam, and doing that risks getting noticed and potentially getting your account banned. Not really worth it since all games are going to go on sale cheaper in your region eventually anyway with a little patience.

We should start talking about our favorite "grey market" key resellers too. Who do you guys recommend?
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#6085 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

We should start talking about our favorite "grey market" key resellers too. Who do you guys recommend?

Well, on the east side I go to Nikolai, but if I happen to be on the west side then I look for Vinnie.

#6086 tritangle

tritangle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=279563

#6087 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

Really?

1. Just for the record, VPNs, or using one for that matter, is not illegal.

2. You are very right on the second point, VPNs are Steam transactions don't mix that well, purchases, activations, bypassing regional locks etc...
Anybody attempting to do so will be genuinely putting their accounts at risk.

#6088 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

Hey guys Farewell to Feb just launched. Note that we've also launched the CAGROCKS coupon (thanks for the votes!). Lastly, the Bio Infinite pre-order deal is going live tomorrow (2/22) so if you are thinking about buying 2K stuff and you planned on pre-ordering Bio Infinite, wait until tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#6089 Awkward1099

Awkward1099

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

Hey guys Farewell to Feb just launched. Note that we've also launched the CAGROCKS coupon (thanks for the votes!). Lastly, the Bio Infinite pre-order deal is going live tomorrow (2/22) so if you are thinking about buying 2K stuff and you planned on pre-ordering Bio Infinite, wait until tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tony

Is CAGROCKS the $15 credit for pre-order followed by a $15 credit after the game is actually purchased?

#6090 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

Is CAGROCKS the $15 credit for pre-order followed by a $15 credit after the game is actually purchased?

Yeah, so in this case, using one of the bundles (all $24.99 pre coupon/credit) the cost is:

$18.75 with coupon only
$3.75 with coupon and credit

Again, we'll be evaluating the credit closely and may change it early.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts