Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#6361 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

Was waiting for the Bioshock deal to go live before I post it to the front page. Hmm.

Apparently it's live but not advertised on their end yet.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#6362 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

the first post won't be fixed? it's hard have to search for each game on Amazon website just to check the DRM -_-

and is MW3 key from Amazon region-locked? Tony?

Try here:

http://www.reddit.co...able_games_and/

Note that the list is not at this time noting region locked games (ie it isn't mentioned for Inversion but I let him know) so be aware of that but at least there's a list to deal with the messy, messy Amazon store.

It also doesn't list 'secret Steam' games on Amazon which redeem to Steam but don't mention it on the store page like Blades of Time.

If anyone knows of any additions or corrections to that list do go and help the guy out. He went and did the work that Amazon should have done to get some sense of organization to this sale, particularly for those of us who are looking for Steam/Origin keys.

Lastly, and yes I know this is first world problems bla bla, but I think Amazon just put way too much stuff on sale and doesn't gave a good infrastructure like Steam to support highlighting top picks well (although there are a lot of good games that get buried in the big Steam sales too, particularly indie games). I personally like when the Amazon sales are smaller in scope and I know what's on sale from that smaller specific group. It's more manageable than dealing with having everything on sale and the feeling like I am hunting through the bargain bins at Ross.

#6363 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

CAG 3.0 will have the ability to automatically highlight price drops like this via the new price tracker. :)

I saw that, but it seemed like CAGROCKS was supposed to work with that too.

#6364 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

CAG 3.0 will have the ability to automatically highlight price drops like this via the new price tracker. :)

Tony said that cash rocks wouldn't work with Bioshock Infinite earlier.

Awesome about 3.0. So it takes into account store credit and or rebates?

The current one works well for physical items but its not very useful for pc gamers.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#6365 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

It be nice if you could buy 20x games then use the coupon for the total amount!

Oh, you can only save on a single item?? Tony's language in the OP is save 25% on your ORDER so I assumed it was single use but good for an entire order.

#6366 MySaturdaySelf

MySaturdaySelf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

CheapyD

hope Tai can finally get his Lamborghini after this week! 8-)
leftover cheap steam keys from bundles? i'm buying --> https://docs.google....sted=true&pli=1

#6367 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Oh, you can only save on a single item?? Tony's language in the OP is save 25% on your ORDER so I assumed it was single use but good for an entire order.

But, Amazon PCDD does not have a cart feature which means you can only purchase one item at a time.

From 2/21-2/28 Enter "CAGROCKS" on your checkout page and save an additional 25% on your order. 1 use per customer.

#6368 CthulhuSaves

CthulhuSaves

Slack Shatnerologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Ah, man. Do these sales ever run long? Everything ends on Feb 28th, but I (like many) don't get paid until the next day on the 1st!

#6369 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Ah, man. Do these sales ever run long? Everything ends on Feb 28th, but I (like many) don't get paid until the next day on the 1st!

we're in the same boat then :(

that modern warfare bundle is very tempting:booty:

#6370 CthulhuSaves

CthulhuSaves

Slack Shatnerologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Yeah, but outta my league, even on payday. I'm eying the Square Enix Bundle, Call of Juarez: The Cartel, and a bunch of those Strategy First first-person shooters I've never heard of before (dirt cheap FPS goodness!). :) If the sale and the CAG coupon just had another 24 hours... heck, even 12 would do it.

#6371 Smef

Smef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

I've been waiting for Guild Wars 2 to drop to $30. I think this will be the first time it will be at that price once it goes on sale on the 27th with the coupon discounting it further!

#6372 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

I'd be very much interested in a Ticket to Ride Complete Pack similar to what Steam carries.

http://store.steampo....com/sub/18139/

#6373 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

But, Amazon PCDD does not have a cart feature which means you can only purchase one item at a time.

Ah, damn. You are right. I forgot about that. Makes sense now.

#6374 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

I just pre-ordered it and there is no mention of the credit anywhere. It's possible I'm not looking in the right place.

EDIT: Nevermind. I received emails with the info.

#6375 poet17eric

poet17eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

I've been waiting for Guild Wars 2 to drop to $30. I think this will be the first time it will be at that price once it goes on sale on the 27th with the coupon discounting it further!

I'm pumped for this as well. I' using this link to pre-download the massive 20Gb+ file because my connection is so slow and I want to be ready for 2/27!

http://cloudfront.gu...nt/Gw2Setup.exe

#6376 pablo_vllj

pablo_vllj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

So, any good general game recomendations for the 25% off coupon?

#6377 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Tony, any chance for a price match with GameFly's Lego games? With steam keys of course.

#6378 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Tomb Raider The Final Hour Edition is $33.74 after coupon + $5 GC. Had I known there would be a 25% off coupon, I would not have pre-ordered the game from GMG for $36 for a friend or even not pre-ordered Survival Edition for myself from Steam because Amazon's Edition seems better.

Amazon's pre-order policy is the best in business but I really wish that coupon discount promos to continue.

Did you guys have any experience with cancelling GMG pre-orders ?

Edit: Oh my God! I submitted a ticket asking for a refund for Tomb Raider and the did it literally 8 minutes later !

I pre-ordered from GMG for $32, but Amazon's bonuses are obviously better. If I wasn't going to use CAGROCKS on GW2 I'd definitely switch. Anyway, thanks for posting your experience!

I'm pumped for this as well. I' using this link to pre-download the massive 20Gb+ file because my connection is so slow and I want to be ready for 2/27!

http://cloudfront.gu...nt/Gw2Setup.exe

Thanks for the link! *sigh* Now I have to finally move Rift off my SSD.

#6379 aronater

aronater

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

Tony, any chance for a price match with GameFly's Lego games? With steam keys of course.

This. That would be awesome. I'd get LEGO Batman 2 and LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 in a heartbeat.

#6380 r333k0

r333k0

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Tony, can Amazon price match Gamefly? They are an American company, and they have all WB LEGO games 75% off.
LEGO Lord Of The Rings $7.49
LEGO Harry Potter 1-4 $4.99
LEGO Harry Potter 5-7 $4.99
LEGO Batman 1 $4.99
LEGO Batman 2 $7.49

Edit: And yes, with the steam version please!

Edited by r333k0, 22 February 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#6381 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

$13.49 is cheap enough to satisfy my curiosity in medal of honor warfighter, right? at least the PC version looks nice.

I was waiting for $10 but this is close enough and i have nothing else to use the coupon on.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#6382 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

I just pre-ordered it and there is no mention of the credit anywhere. It's possible I'm not looking in the right place.

EDIT: Nevermind. I received emails with the info.

Sorry I should have hit you up on this yesterday. We had some issue with the on site stuff that pushed the messaging back.

We're still working on getting it live.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#6383 Lord Xoan

Lord Xoan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

I bought Inversion and the game was activated as NCSA (I live in Mexico) so it's not region-locked to the US but region-locked to the continent of America

#6384 Armaly

Armaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Any chance of you getting steam codes for Far Cry 2?

#6385 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Thank you Amazon! :D

I picked up the Dead Space Dual Pack (Yes, i still have not played this series...) and then used the 25% off on Tomb Raider :)

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#6386 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

Thank you Amazon! :D

I picked up the Dead Space Dual Pack (Yes, i still have not played this series...) and then used the 25% off on Tomb Raider :)

What's the DRM or is it Origin key for this one? I see SecureRom for Deadspace 1, but sometimes, the info in the descr is off.

#6387 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

What's the DRM or is it Origin key for this one? I see SecureRom for Deadspace 1, but sometimes, the info in the descr is off.

Looks like Origin key :( I won't be able to try and install until later tonight, but that's what it looks like on my game library. I know 100% they aren't steam keys.

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#6388 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Pre-ordered Tomb Raider from Amazon for $33.74. My friend will be really happy. Not only he got it cheaper, but also with some nice exclusive bonuses :applause:

Now, no more 25% off for me :cry:

fs_pc.png

#6389 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

So I checked the reddit DRM list for Gateways and it looks like Amazon's version is not Steam? Disappointing.

Also, Tony might want to change Bioshock Infinite page to reflect the delayed release date of March 26, 2013.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#6390 lotghs

lotghs

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Did someone say they managed to use the $15 2k credit from pre-ordering BioShock Infinite on the season pass? The store page now says we can't use it on the season pass.