Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#6511 BoGG

BoGG

PC Master Race Minion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

Well,

I was undecided for the last day on what I should get from this sale and in the end I got the Dead Space Pack using my cagrocks code. I go again today to get Singularity which was 7.49$ last time I checked and it's price went up to 9.49$.. what gives ? I really love Amazon with all the sales but this 2$ extra is enough to push me away from buying it. I was gonna buy it but for 7.49$, if there was any mention of the price change I would have acted earlier :roll:

#6512 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

I haven't tried either, but most people recommend the G500. I've heard them sale the grip is better and G9x is shaped differently. I know the MW3 one has been dropping steadily in price since it's released.

They all review well so I don't really think you could go wrong.

I don't do any hardcore or competitive FPS gaming so I don't know, but that's where the DPI might come in handy I think.

I have small hands and a palm grip. My venerable MX510 is still going strong after many years of WoW abuse and backpacking (similar to the later MX518) and the current iteration is the well regarded G400, all have the same shell. I like light mice.

I use a Razer Naga Hex which is a 5600DPI mouse. I haven't played any competitive online stuff on PC (BF3, etc.), but I typically use a default setting of 1200 in the software. 2000 should be fine; more than that is kinda like having a TV or monitor capable of +60Hz.

There is a point to faster framerate computer displays. 60 Hz isn't the end all be all of smoothness. Oversimplified: Spin your cursors around in a circle around this post, see how you can make out the individual positions of the cursor at 60 Hz?

Also consider when your GPU can't sustain 60 FPS. If you had a 76 Hz Display, you could lock the framerate at half, 38 Hz, and get steady smoother framerate than 30 Hz. My 2209WA can do 76 Hz.

Higher framerate for video is a different story, however even then there are advantages for lower framerate video, At 72 Hz you can play 24 Hz film without judder.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#6513 Xacradin

Xacradin

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

hm.. sorry diverting topic, I heard a deal about Amalur but in steam version from Amazon PCDD? is it going to happen or ..? Thanks

#6514 27526343157187946075

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

hm.. sorry diverting topic, I heard a deal about Amalur but in steam version from Amazon PCDD? is it going to happen or ..? Thanks

Latest update was that Tony was waiting on the guy that would get him the Steam keys I believe.

#6515 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

Any DRM on Simcity 4?

Edit: At least from some of the discussions on the Amazon review, it is DRM free. Now I'm worried about how it runs :(

Run it in software accelerated 3d (rather than hardware) and it runs great on modern PC's :)

#6516 aronater

aronater

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

Anyone have an opinion on the Square Enix Chaos A Plenty bundle?

I've been waiting a while for a half decent deal on the Kane & Lynch games, and Project Snowblind looks interesting as well. I don't really have any interest in the two Just Cause games, or in the two Conflict titles, so I'd probably sell/trade them away. The coupon should bring it down to about $15, and since Singularity went up in price, and it doesn't seem like Amazon will be price matching Gamefly's sale on the WB LEGO titles, this is all I'd probably get during this sale. Any thoughts on the value of this bundle?

#6517 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

are Amazon Digital pre orders the same as physical, meaning they don't put a charge on the credit card?

We can also use gift cards to purchase it, right?

Somehow the code is working for SimCity.

#6518 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Well,

I was undecided for the last day on what I should get from this sale and in the end I got the Dead Space Pack using my cagrocks code. I go again today to get Singularity which was 7.49$ last time I checked and it's price went up to 9.49$.. what gives ? I really love Amazon with all the sales but this 2$ extra is enough to push me away from buying it. I was gonna buy it but for 7.49$, if there was any mention of the price change I would have acted earlier :roll:

From Tony a couple pages back...

Yeah the original price was a fat finger error on my part. Sorry I'm just now seeing the questions on this.

Cheers,
Tony

There is a point to faster framerate computer displays. 60 Hz isn't the end all be all of smoothness. Oversimplified: Spin your cursors around in a circle around this post, see how you can make out the individual positions of the cursor at 60 Hz?

Also consider when your GPU can't sustain 60 FPS. If you had a 76 Hz Display, you could lock the framerate at half, 38 Hz, and get steady smoother framerate than 30 Hz. My 2209WA can do 76 Hz.

Higher framerate for video is a different story, however even then there are advantages for lower framerate video, At 72 Hz you can play 24 Hz film without judder.

I agree. I was just trying to state that it is somewhat user-subjective even though you can fully quantify it. Personally, I can feel and see the differences in high DPI/Hz, though I may not necessarily require or make use of it. Some of my friends (who do game) are somewhat numb to the sensation and are fine with anything over 1500DPI. My mother wouldn't have been able to tell you the difference between 60Hz and 240Hz and she was more of a audio/videophile than most (though I'm sure age was the major issue there). Though you're still correct.

#6519 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

are Amazon Digital pre orders the same as physical, meaning they don't put a charge on the credit card?

yes, you won't be charged until it releases

#6520 Dudeson

Dudeson

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Tony! Will Brutal Legend and Resident Evil 6 be avaiable on Amazon?

#6521 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Yep, keys have been requested, just waiting to get them from Valve it sounds like.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#6522 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

Woo hoo! Tony heard my plea for a Guild Wars 2 deal, and the extra 25% off is awesome! Thank you Tony!!

#6523 beastof259

beastof259

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Max Payne Complete (Max Payne 3 + Season Pass) [Online Game Code]_-_19.99

is this pack not live yet? cant find it :(

#6524 pinkgun

pinkgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Max Payne Complete (Max Payne 3 + Season Pass) [Online Game Code]_-_19.99

is this pack not live yet? cant find it :(

Here it is http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A9XQ83Q DRM: Steam

Edited by pinkgun, 15 May 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#6525 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Anyone have an opinion on the Square Enix Chaos A Plenty bundle?

I've been waiting a while for a half decent deal on the Kane & Lynch games, and Project Snowblind looks interesting as well. I don't really have any interest in the two Just Cause games, or in the two Conflict titles, so I'd probably sell/trade them away. The coupon should bring it down to about $15, and since Singularity went up in price, and it doesn't seem like Amazon will be price matching Gamefly's sale on the WB LEGO titles, this is all I'd probably get during this sale. Any thoughts on the value of this bundle?

i say go get it if there nothing elsee you like cause there nothing here for me damn previous amazon sale

#6526 beastof259

beastof259

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Here it is http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A9XQ83Q DRM: Steam

THANK YOU :bouncy:

still cant figure out why it doesnt show in the search even if i try to copy the bundle tittle...

#6527 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

Ooh... in for NiGHTS into Dreams. 50% isn't as good as 75%, but it's a fair price for a great game.

I'm hanging on to that code until I decide whether or not to bite on SimCity.

76561197971332172.png

#6528 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

Yep, keys have been requested, just waiting to get them from Valve it sounds like.

Cheers,
Tony

You're a magic man, Tony. Just curious if all of the DLC will be included (Weapons/Armor, Teeth of Naros, Legend of Dead Kei)?

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#6529 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Conversely, the price of Call of Duty: World at War has actually gone down. The MSRP was $29.99 last night. Now it's down to $19.99. At 50% off, it's now down to $9.99. Coupon now knocks it down to $7.50.

Hmmm....Has COD: World at War (PC) ever been that cheap before ($7.50 after everything)?

#6530 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Anyone have Ghost Recon Future Soldier on PC? I was looking to pick that up, but a lot of the reviews for the PC version are really negative. I thought the game would be cool to have on PC, but if it's worse than the console versions I'm just going to pass.

#6531 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

So, is that Dream Pinball 3D worth 74 cents? ;)

#6532 storm.exe

storm.exe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Saw this coupon and got excited, only to find out that Amazon doesn't sell DmC PC at all? What is up with that...

#6533 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

I think amazons is just as strong as the others but different.

In my opinion GMGs is the weakest. The free games they are offering are only worth a few bucks. Bioshock has been as low as $2 and spec ops/civ hve been 5-7.5. The cash back is nice though but net value is lower

Steams is the strongest if you don't have xcom and you are interested in it. Although you probably will be able to get xcom cheap or free from the amazon promo as well

Amazon gives you the mot flexibility and choice but if you buy a lot of 2k games its weak.

Right now I think the $37 newegg physical copy from last year or an amd coupon is the best bet for those jut wanting the game.

Well said.
If only the $15 credit could work with Bioshock Infinite Season Pass, it would be awesome.

You could also request payment in the form on Amazon gift card (esp since it's from an Amazon bundle). Then just redeem the gift card before you send the key. That's generally what I do since most of the games I've sold are from Amazon bundles, and I'd rather have the Amazon credit anyway.

Amazon GC has always been my first choice for trading or selling extra games. Very easy and convenient

Yes and yes. No charges for pre-orders untill keys are delivered, and you can use gift cards to buy.

Hmmm....Has COD: World at War (PC) ever been that cheap before ($7.50 after everything)?

The cheapest was $9.99 but it was given FREE with BO2 Deluxe or BO2 Deluxe upgrade. Deluxe Upgrade was $9.99 in many Steam regions before it was removed and many people who had the upgrade got an extra copy of WAW and sold it for $5 - $7.50

Saw this coupon and got excited, only to find out that Amazon doesn't sell DmC PC at all? What is up with that...

Amazon carries a few Capcom titles and unfortunately DmC is not included. It is an awesome game by the way

fs_pc.png

#6534 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

FYI guys, just pulled down the current Bioshock pre-order offer, and changed it to the $30 credit after release.

You guys were right :) but I'm glad we ran the test, I'll keep hoping one day the internet doesn't disappoint me.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#6535 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

FYI guys, just pulled down the current Bioshock pre-order offer, and changed it to the $30 credit after release.

You guys were right :) but I'm glad we ran the test, I'll keep hoping one day the internet doesn't disappoint me.

Cheers,
Tony

That's too bad Tony. It was good while it lasted.

Any word on the Golden Ticket to Ride Bundle?
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#6536 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

I can say that for Mount and Blade the DLC isn't cross compatible as is the case for Ship Simulator Extremes. I assume it is the same way across the board.

This rang a bell in my head and I checked my list. Yeah, I own Ship Simulator Extremes. Why do I own Ship Simulator Extremes? When did I buy Ship Simulator Extremes? Was this part of a bundle or package? :lol:

Well your optimism was refreshing, if misplaced. Sorry it didn't work out.

#6537 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

Cheers,
Tony

That $30 credit will only be good on 2K games still, right?

#6538 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

That's too bad Tony. It was good while it lasted.

Any word on the Golden Ticket to Ride Bundle?

I am pitching the Ticket to Ride bundle next week :).

Also, for those that pre-orded and didn't cancel, you'll still get your additional $15 credit post launch. The $30 credit post launch will only be for people who purchase from this time today onward.

That $30 credit is only good on 2K games still, right?

Yep.

Sadly, that was as predictable as the sun rising in the east.

Yeah, we were pretty sure it would be taken advantage of, I wanted to get a feel for scale relative to real pre-orders though. I have that scale now, which is nice, and it only took us a day to get there.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#6539 Cagamer99

Cagamer99

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

So, just for those very few naive folks who didn't think any scamming would occur with the pre-orders packaged with coupons test Amazon is trying to do here...here's a bit of nonsensical proof...

http://forums.steamp...70#post34048870

I'm sure there's posts like this all over by now. I have suspicians that the dude who made that post used the loophole often.

Edit: that dude henser is still saying he can buy unlimitd $15 games for free. He's been giving them away on the thread all flipping morning. I'm sure Amazon can trace buying history that follows that pattern and figure out who it is.

Edited by Cagamer99, 23 February 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#6540 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

Yep.

I already own WAY too many 2K Games, as is...