Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#631 mascotzel

mascotzel

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

In the end, what games give steam keys for DOW pack?

#632 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

In the end, what games give steam keys for DOW pack?

Everything except DoW 1 gold and DoW 1 Dark Crusade

#633 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

so if I want to gift my friend the first Dawn of War Gold and Dark Crusade (non-steam), what should I tell him to do? where to download the game?

#634 theflawd1

theflawd1

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Dark Crusade
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2 - Chaos Rising
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Gold

are all giving me keys that look like xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx instead of the typical steam looking keys... ?

#635 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

so if I want to gift my friend the first Dawn of War Gold and Dark Crusade (non-steam), what should I tell him to do? where to download the game?

There's no gifting system on Amazon. The only thing I think you could do is walk over to his computer log in to your Amazon and download the client / install on his machine.

#636 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

If they are your real-life friend, you can download the install file with the key, burn it to a disk and give it to him/her that way.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#637 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

I'm gonna download Dark Crusade because I'm interested as well.
Maybe you get the setup files, and you just need to install it with the serial.

In that case you need to put the installer on an usb/mail/whatever (4gb for dark crusade) with the serial.

are all giving me keys that look like xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx instead of the typical steam looking keys... ?

They're fine, except of course for the two drm free games (dow gold and dark crusade)

#638 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

DoW-II has a long KEY, but it activated on STEAM just fine for me.

As others have pointed out, it looks like the only non-STEAM games are DoW-Gold and DoW-DC

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#639 puffy

puffy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Tony

I ended up having some duplicate THQ steam keys-sr3 dow stuff

i havent seen these keys yet- this way,
i can easily keep track of unused keys

I plan using these as gifts to friends.
is the steam key i bought today will be reserved for me?
or will it be generated the day I press the button

I wouldn't ask normally, but lets say if EA buys DOW, i wouldn't want an origin key in April
if steam keys no longer exist;)

#640 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Tony, 1 question.

Do you bring Capcom games?

#641 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Guys, I want you to know that you just successfully took 10 years off my life and almost gave me a heart attack. I saw people posting about not getting keys. Then I read a post about people not being able to activate DoW II on Steam...visited the DoW II detail page again and didn't see our "requires Steam" messaging, started freaking out, thinking "oh man, did I just totally provide bogus info?". Bought the bundle, activated DoW II on Steam. Now I feel relieved and my adrenaline is pumping.

I'm going to watch college football now lol.That was scary.

Cheers,
Tony

It was just the emperor wanting you to buy the bundle...

#642 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

I'm assuming that you have the THQ Humble Bundle, right?
Then just to let you know, Immortal Throne is much much better than Titan Quest "vanilla"
And it's moddable:
http://www.titanques...r-mods-programs

QFT! Seriously, Titan Quest Gold/Titan Quest + Immortal Throne expansion is awesome. Plain Titan Quest was good, but Immortal Throne adds so much to the game. It's not just an expansion post "final boss", it actually adds all sorts of things like artifacts, caravans, and much, much more (see YouTube link with relevant info below).

Titan Quest Gold was why, for many years, I did not miss Blizzard coming out with Diablo II. I haven't played any Dawn of War games, but I honestly want to say that you should just spend the post-coupon $5 just for Titan Quest Gold; everything else in the bundle is gravy ;)

#643 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Thanks Tony! I picked up DoW Franchise Pack. Got it for free.

#644 theflawd1

theflawd1

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

They're fine, except of course for the two drm free games (dow gold and dark crusade)

#645 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Can I get some opinions on Darksiders 2? I own the first and I played it for about 4-5 hours before I got really, really bored. I really enjoy God of War (I've beaten all 5 games) and TLoZ , but something about Darksiders didn't click for me. Will the second one be any better?

#646 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

I am confused at the dow pack talk. Is it a fps or strat? Is it full games? if so I am in Also I own saints row 3 are the add ons worth 7.50

#647 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

I am confused at the dow pack talk. Is it a fps or strat? Is it full games? if so I am in Also I own saints row 3 are the add ons worth 7.50

RTS/Tactical games.

And titan quest it's a hack n' slash alà Diablo.

In my opinion they're not worth it (SR3 dlcs). I'm fine with the base game + the mods (http://www.saintsrow...forum/index.php).

#648 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

I'm totally lost about this DoW pack, mainly about... where to start playing. Is there a good game to jump in to first? I'm really terrible at RTS games so I've practically avoided the genre.

Saints Row: The Third is actually excellent if you play it vanilla. I have the Full Package and after ~4 hours of playing it I'd say that the DLC is cool, but largely cosmetic. There are DLCs which unlock stuff and let you cheat, etc. I'd say get the deal but don't register any of the DLC until you've finished the game. It's already wild and crazy to begin with :)

By the way, skip the Bloodsucker/vampire DLC, period. I have people saying that you cannot turn it off and are stuck with the vampire finishing moves rather than the larger variety of standard kills (nutshots, etc.). You also cannot uninstall it.

#649 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

You get all of the DoW games and DLC. The first game is a fairly traditional RTS. The second game is an RTS/Diablo-style-RPG hybrid. You choose squads to take on missions that take place on traditional RTS style maps, but there are loot drops and boss fights. You level up and outfit your squads and they all have there own special powers. You can also play online co-op, or a more traditional RTS style competitive mode.

#650 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Used my last coupon. I guess that's it for me.
Posted Image

#651 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

DoW = RTS
DoW 2 = tactical
TQ = Hack n' Slash RPG

I also own SR3 vanilla and not dying to get the DLCs... unles they cost $2.5 (like during THQ coupon sale, which I missed)

#652 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Tony, 1 question.

Do you bring Capcom games?

Oooh, I'd <3 to see Amazon DVG put some Capcom games on sale in the EC - i.e. Super SF4: Arcade Edition.

Now, if only Tony could convince Capcom to bring Dragon's Dogma to the PC .... ;)

#653 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Posted Image

Like the one that got Dark Soul for 2$ last time?

#654 xxxholic

xxxholic

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

RTS/Tactical games.

And titan quest it's a hack n' slash alà Diablo.

In my opinion they're not worth it (SR3 dlcs). I'm fine with the base game + the mods (http://www.saintsrow...forum/index.php).

Does the mod make you stronger, more money, health or just for the look? I have base game.

#655 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I'm totally lost about this DoW pack, mainly about... where to start playing. Is there a good game to jump in to first? I'm really terrible at RTS games so I've practically avoided the genre.

It doesn't matter if you play 1 or 2 first, but you should play the main games and DLC in order of release.

#656 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

You get all of the DoW games and DLC. The first game is a fairly traditional RTS. The second game is an RTS/Diablo-style-RPG hybrid. You choose squads to take on missions that take place on traditional RTS style maps, but there are loot drops and boss fights. You level up and outfit your squads and they all have there own special powers. You can also play online co-op, or a more traditional RTS style competitive mode.

Thanks for explaining that! I am totally sold on the second game now.

"RTS/Diablo-style-RPG hybrid"?

I'M IN.

#657 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

QFT! Seriously, Titan Quest Gold/Titan Quest + Immortal Throne expansion is awesome. Plain Titan Quest was good, but Immortal Throne adds so much to the game. It's not just an expansion post "final boss", it actually adds all sorts of things like artifacts, caravans, and much, much more (see YouTube link with relevant info below).

Titan Quest Gold was why, for many years, I did not miss Blizzard coming out with Diablo II. I haven't played any Dawn of War games, but I honestly want to say that you should just spend the post-coupon $5 just for Titan Quest Gold; everything else in the bundle is gravy ;)

TQ is awesome period.
And I'm so looking forward to Grim Dawn.

#658 qwertyaas

qwertyaas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Posted Image

What's the second promotion?

#659 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Personally I found Titan Quest/Immortal Throne one of the most bland and boring Diablo-clones I've ever played.

#660 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

Like the one that got Dark Soul for 2$ last time?

Nah, I got it for $12.99. Unless there was a pricing error on Dark Souls I don't know about.

What's the second promotion?

That extra $5 was from an Amazon CS who gave it to me when I called in for 2k Super Strategy Pack when it was priced for $14.99 on Jan. 2. It was that price briefly. I had just bought that pack the day before and wanted a refund. Since I used the key, they gave me $5 credit that works on anything. So I was looking at a free DoW Franchise Pack or a $5 MP3.