Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#6631 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

Dang I saw the borderlands 2 download link for 29.99 and was dissapointed to see it was for the mac version when i clicked it. Oh well, I've been working so much lately I would barely have time to play it anyway.

Borderlands 2 is a STEAMPLAY game.
Activate a key over Steam that supports Steamplay, you get both Windows & Mac versions.

EDIT:
Keep in mind that if you pre-order Bioshock Infinite, you can't use the 2K coupon (once they give it to you, once Infinite is out) on Borderlands 2 MAC.
2K did NOT publish Mac version of Borderlands 2.

EDIT 2:
Might wanna wait.
Borderlands 2 recently was $19.20 on GMG after a % off coupon.

Edited by MysterD, 24 February 2013 - 02:30 AM.

#6632 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

Just picked up Nights into Dreams for $3.74 after the CAG coupon, thanks Tony! Maybe not the best use of the coupon for pure dollars-saved but it's a game I really wanted to pick up (and looks gorgeous on the PC).

+1

That was the last of the older sega games I had been wanting to pick up

Also for BF3 Id say just get the premium service, imho it is worth it for the new variety. Personally I like being able to jump into a more close combat city type of fighting if I want and having close quarters makes that an easy jump. The only one I dont really play that often is the armored one since I dont practice much on the vehicles. Plus you'll also get one more in march, the end game, which is supposed to be more high speed plus has capture the flag

#6633 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

I bit for 4.50 and gotta say I'm very pleasantly surprised. It's a very competent GOW clone. And on my rig at 1080p with graphics maxed out running at 144 fps it's actually quite good looking. Definitely buy it if u haven't already.

Thanks for the thoughts on Inversion.
I'll keep this in mind.

EDIT:

When I was looking at that it seemed unusually familiar... <checks GOG directory> /facepalm

Okay, so I played one game on the Amber Moon table and one game on the Aquatic Table, and a couple balls on Spinning rotors. Uncollected thoughts...

No AA setting but it needs AA badly (haven't tried forcing it yet). It has a lot of eye candy.
I don't like any of the cameras (esp with AA & perspective issues), give me something more overhead.

Ball inertial is whacked. I think maybe the ball (I'm talking the metal one here, I didn't notice too much difference on the wood/marble in my limited time with them), is too light. Pinballs are (supposed to be) heavy.

Ball-Flipper interaction is terrible. True overall, but let me highlight this with a specific point. If you have a ball cradled and you quickly toggle the flipper (ball starts at rest near flipper pivot, and it hit again near pivot), it goes very unrealistically flying off.

There is an activation item on the main menu that brings up dialog box for serial activation, I'm guessing that's the TopWare DRM. (GOG version, so I guess they just disabled the DRM-checks, I did experience one crash while quitting that spewed forth some serialcheck somethingorother crashed.

Verdict: For $0.74 you won't be kicking yourself too hard. The Amazon version could have TopWare DRM. The pinball gameplay is middling due to crappy physics (or lack thereof). The eye Candy Visuals are marred by a lack of AA. Camera angles and FOV/perspective are mildly annoying. I'm sure there are better pinball games that you could be playing.

TL;DR It's the Bad Rats of pinball games. (I don't mean to start a CAGy: I play it cause it's bad thing.)

Sometimes we buy and/or backlog so many games, we forget what we have.
Thanks - appreciate you sharing your thoughts on Dream Pinball 3D.

Since GOG has it DRM-FREE, I really don't wanna deal w/ DRM if Amazon DVG's version has it.
Might as well wait for a GOG Sale.
It'd be nice if Tony could confirm if it has TopWare DRM or not.
And if it does have TopWare DRM, it'd be nice if Tony could get it removed.

Edited by MysterD, 24 February 2013 - 03:01 AM.

#6634 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

but u know that amazon has steam key for fc3 i think the poster u quote might want it on steam just saying

Far Cry 3 uses UPlay, no matter how you buy it. I've said it a few times, but I'll repeat myself so people don't get all hung up on getting Far Cry "steam" version. Honestly, it's more of a nuisance, since you have to run Steam AND UPlay to get Far Cry 3 to work, if you buy it on Steam. Bloody annoying!

Not making that mistake again. :(
www.bighugenerd.com

#6635 Lord Xoan

Lord Xoan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

Gone :)

Edited by Lord Xoan, 24 February 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#6636 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

Far Cry 3 uses UPlay, no matter how you buy it. I've said it a few times, but I'll repeat myself so people don't get all hung up on getting Far Cry "steam" version. Honestly, it's more of a nuisance, since you have to run Steam AND UPlay to get Far Cry 3 to work, if you buy it on Steam. Bloody annoying!

Not making that mistake again. :(

I find multiple DRM's and/or multiple client-programs also as annoying as Hell.

I'd have no problem w/ Far Cry 3 Steam-version, if the game could be booted w/out Steam going.
I have no idea if this is case here or not.

It is worth noting - you can boot some Steam-versions w/out Steam going from just running EXE from the actual game-folder w/out booting Steam - i.e. Borderlands 1; some G4WL games (RF:G + GTA4 + EFLC).

#6637 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:55 AM

I find multiple DRM's and/or multiple client-programs also as annoying as Hell.

I'd have no problem w/ Far Cry 3 Steam-version, if the game could be booted w/out Steam going.
I have no idea if this is case here or not.

It is worth noting - you can boot some Steam-versions w/out Steam going from just running EXE from the actual game-folder w/out booting Steam - i.e. Borderlands 1; some G4WL games (RF:G + GTA4 + EFLC).

Yeah, it's mostly older games pre-Steam DLC policy. Most games now force Steam if you buy them on Steam even when they don't use Steam as DRM.

As of now I'm buying Steamworks games only because of Steam, EA games only for Origin, and Ubisoft games only if it's for Uplay. I've already had issues with buying DLC in one store just to find out it won't work on my Steam version.

#6638 kazunori

kazunori

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

Haven't had a chance to check out the games on sale yet, but just to make sure...

This CAGROCKS code will be valid only for a single game right?

I know it says per order on the first post, but since digital games are generally one game per order anyway...? Or am I remembering it wrong?

#6639 wankerjr

wankerjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

Haven't had a chance to check out the games on sale yet, but just to make sure...

This CAGROCKS code will be valid only for a single game right?

I know it says per order on the first post, but since digital games are generally one game per order anyway...? Or am I remembering it wrong?

Yup. Single use - which means one game order.

#6640 4nik8tor

4nik8tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

any deals on a chocolate kiss or a pigs tail?

#6641 LocarionStorm

LocarionStorm

A Player of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:32 AM

Awesome deals Tony. Pre-ordered a copy of Tomb Raider with the CAGROCKS code.

#6642 kazunori

kazunori

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

Yup. Single use - which means one game order.

Alright, thanks! :)

#6643 MySaturdaySelf

MySaturdaySelf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

is blacklight tango down worth about $1 (amazon has 2.99 for four pack) ? i guess it's the only FPS you can get at this range
leftover cheap steam keys from bundles? i'm buying --> https://docs.google....sted=true&pli=1

#6644 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

is blacklight tango down worth about $1 (amazon has 2.99 for four pack) ? i guess it's the only FPS you can get at this range

I'd avoid that game completely and just stick with free-to-play Blacklight: Retribution

CAGFL: (187-31)

Doomtime1.png

#6645 MySaturdaySelf

MySaturdaySelf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

I'd avoid that game completely and just stick with free-to-play Blacklight: Retribution

care to elaborate a little bit?
leftover cheap steam keys from bundles? i'm buying --> https://docs.google....sted=true&pli=1

#6646 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

care to elaborate a little bit?

Retribution is the F2P sequel to Tango Down, so most people have moved on to it.

#6647 MySaturdaySelf

MySaturdaySelf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

Retribution is the F2P sequel to Tango Down, so most people have moved on to it.

#6648 PKB Mac

PKB Mac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

If anyone who wants to buy Borderlands 2 and haven't used the code yet, I can trade my Borderlands 2 key for Hitman Absolution Professional Edition which is ($15) after the code, thank you!

I'd be happy to. PM sent.

#6649 cutter2

cutter2

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

No. Retribution has no cooperative play mode or single-player campaign which Tango Down has. Retribution is also pay-to-win whereas Tango Down is not.

The bottom like is Blacklight Retribution is no substitute for Blacklight Tango Down if you want single-player and/or cooperative play.

#6650 AloX

AloX

Something

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

No. Retribution has no cooperative play mode or single-player campaign which Tango Down has. Retribution is also pay-to-win whereas Tango Down is not.

The bottom like is Blacklight Retribution is no substitute for Blacklight Tango Down if you want single-player and/or cooperative play.

Sorry but it is definitely not pay to win. Also they're adding in a co-op pve mode where you shoot zombies and other things.

#6651 cutter2

cutter2

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

Sorry but it is definitely not pay to win.

You have to buy your weapon and item upgrades and customizations in the game. That's pay-to-win (zen) or at the very least grind-to-win (gp).

Also they're adding in a co-op pve mode where you shoot zombies and other things.

First, Tango Down has cooperative and single-player campaign right now for only $1.50. Second, ugh, Zombies. How original!

My point still stands. Retribution is no substitute for Tango Down unless you only want competitive multiplayer and like to be nickel-and-dimed to death.

#6652 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

Origin currently has the best price for BF3 + Premium at $35.

Poop. I have nothing against the Origin client, but I refuse to buy anything directly from them ever since they sent me a bad belated birthday coupon that to this day I can't get sorted out.

You have to buy your weapon and armor upgrades and customizations in the game. That's pay-to-win or at the very least grind-to-win.

It's only expensive if you want to buy them. You can rent them for cheap. You can basically rent the stuff you want, and then make back the credits you spent on it within a few matches. You want to see a real grind for attaining weapons, Planetside 2. At least in this you can rent stuff for the amount of credits earned in a few matches.

#6653 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

No, this is the first word that we're getting on the possibility of a bundle. It has been suggested by a few posters over the past few days, but this is the first time that Tony has addressed it.

Great news. I too plan to wait to see if a bundle appears.

I'm in the wait-and-see boat too.

Here are my thoughts: TTR base game for $3 is a great deal. I have no problem with buying two copies (one for my wife's Steam account and one for mine). If a "complete" bundle doesn't materialize, I'll buy two base games and be happy.

BUT... if that happens, I won't be interested in a complete bundle in the future. If I buy the base game now, I'll only be interested in buying the DLC in the future. In that situation, Amazon would need to be able to price the DLC (either individually or in a DLC-only bundle) at a cheaper level than I could expect to get it in a future Steam sale.

On the other hand, if we learn before 2/28 that a TTR complete bundle is in the works, I'll probably skip the current sale and wait for the bundle. Timing and price are both factors, of course; but I'd prefer two bundles over two base games.

#6654 DQT

DQT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

I've been hearing lots of good stuff about Binary Domain. Is it really worth every penny of that 5$?

You joke, but given how a lot of people here have sizable backlogs its a valid question to ask in terms of time.

#6655 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

Any chance WB might join this sale later in the week? I've been waiting for Batman: AC GOTY since January. WB didn't participate in the EC sale and so far the FtF sale. Whatever happened to the Caped Crusader?

#6656 cutter2

cutter2

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

You can basically rent the stuff you want, and then make back the credits you spent on it within a few matches. You want to see a real grind for attaining weapons, Planetside 2. At least in this you can rent stuff for the amount of credits earned in a few matches.

That's not a game. That's a job. That's what I hate about "free-to-play" bullshit. I already have to toil away to pay for things in real life. I sure as hell am not going to do it to pay for things I need in a "game."

#6657 fenetic

fenetic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

the one time use coupon kinda sucks, i mean, if it was 1 use on the cart I can pick up all the games I want and then use the coupon, it would be good. But one time use per game? that's stupid. Oh well.. guess I won't be buying most of the games I want then.
Posted Image

#6658 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Does anyone have the original list of games from the first post? I'm not sure how many have been cut off, but Oil Rush was among them.

Bought it tonight. Activates on Steam, even though the page makes no mention of it. That's one more game scratched off the wishlist... :lol:

#6659 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

Have you actually played Blacklight Retribution?
I sank quite a few hours into it (and im generally not a multiplayer kind of guy) - sure you can buy stuff if you want it fast, but the rental system works pretty well also (i think Totalbiscuit did a WTF on this game and he was impressed too) . Most people have also moved onto this game as well. For those NOT looking for SP or co op... get this ...(and as someone pointed out.. Planetside 2 is a bit more grindy...)
Posted Image

#6660 trilokavijaya

trilokavijaya

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

I was able to get the creature slaughter dome add on for BL2 down to 2.80$ with the code, and it was part of the farwell sale, however when trying to apply the code to Crysis 3 or Sleeping dogs, it's a no go...

...any help?

and off topic, could someone PM me a list of decent non-FPS games for the PC...i'm tired of buying steam-crap experimenting. I need a serious JRPG...badly.

anyways, the request is a larf, i know there's nothing really out there, and i just need help on getting this code to apply. Is it a one time use? no way...and if you can prove me wrong on steam games outside the FPS genre, please feel free to try. (in a PM as to not load this thread)