Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#661 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Does the mod make you stronger, more money, health or just for the look? I have base game.

It depends, just look at the forum there are different mods.

#662 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

I'm totally lost about this DoW pack, mainly about... where to start playing. Is there a good game to jump in to first? I'm really terrible at RTS games so I've practically avoided the genre.

You can start on DoW or DoW 2, there's barely a reference between them. I think Retribution makes some references to DoW 1, but nothing too crucial I think (Still ain't played retribution, but I read about that)

If you like Tactical games, start with DoW 2, then chaos rising then retribution (or you can directly go to the last stand with Retribution for some multiplayer)

RTS: DoW, Winter Assault, Dark Crusade, Soulstorm

#663 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

Can I get some opinions on Darksiders 2? I own the first and I played it for about 4-5 hours before I got really, really bored. I really enjoy God of War (I've beaten all 5 games) and TLoZ , but something about Darksiders didn't click for me. Will the second one be any better?

I strongly suggest that you try again, I'm not sure which point did you reach but from the amount of hours you say you played :

Spoiler

#664 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

I think that he should start with the 1st one + expansions.
Then of course the 2nd one.

I strongly suggest that you try again, I'm not sure which point did you reach but from the amount of hours you say you played :

Spoiler

Does it have an open world? Is the gameplay boring? I can't stand repetitive hack n' slash (except for Dynasty Warriors 3 :lol:)

#665 qwertyaas

qwertyaas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Nah, I got it for $12.99. Unless there was a pricing error on Dark Souls I don't know about.

That extra $5 was from an Amazon CS who gave it to me when I called in for 2k Super Strategy Pack when it was priced for $14.99 on Jan. 2. It was that price briefly. I had just bought that pack the day before and wanted a refund. Since I used the key, they gave me $5 credit that works on anything. So I was looking at a free DoW Franchise Pack or a $5 MP3.

Ahh got it. Makes sense.

I remember playing DoW II beta on Steam and it was actually quite cool. But Darksiders 2 looks awesome too. And I'm trying to limit my gaming so limiting myself to one! Too tough of a decision.

#666 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

TQ is awesome period.
And I'm so looking forward to Grim Dawn.

Agreed. After the Diablo games themselves, TQ is the Diablo-style game I've put the most time into. It has that hook that a lot of other games lack.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#667 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Personally I found Titan Quest/Immortal Throne one of the most bland and boring Diablo-clones I've ever played.

You know what game I want? Revenant. That game was THE GAME.

#668 qwertyaas

qwertyaas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Agreed. After the Diablo games themselves, TQ is the Diablo-style game I've put the most time into. It has that hook that a lot of other games lack.

With Torchlight and now Path of Exile, there's a lot of awesome games in the Diablo style now too.

#669 Brantleygtboy

Brantleygtboy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I have little interest in the DoW pack, and I have a massive backlog, but is this such a good deal that I can't pass up? I probably won't be playing it anytime soon. I already own DoW and titan quest from the humble thq bundle

#670 evilcheez86

evilcheez86

Totes Amazeballs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

So, after activating my codes I somehow managed to have "DoWII - Retribution" and "DoWII- Retribution - The Last Standalone" added to my Gift Inventory? Whaaaa?
EDIT: As there is no "CD Key" link for DoW II Retribution" in my library, I'm going to assume that because I activated "The Last Standalone" before the base game, it glitched. Trouble is, I won't be able to actually play it to check for issues until next week.

Edited by evilcheez86, 12 January 2013 - 11:48 PM.

#671 qwertyaas

qwertyaas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

So, after activating my codes I somehow managed to have "DoWII - Retribution" and "DoWII- Retribution - The Last Standalone" added to my Gift Inventory? Whaaaa?

Did you have it before? I'll trade you Darksiders 1 for DoWII Retribution :)

#672 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

I don't recall this game...
...but, why has Square Enix and Eidos not re-released this on GOG, Steam, and other places?

#673 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

I loved being able to combine two classes rather than just the single class path. I also loved the artifacts. IIRC, it was basically a talisman you could make once you find the right materials. It was like having stat and attribute improvements boiled down into a single, equippable item. I only ever found a couple artifact plans but they were so handy that I didn't mind.

If I didn't have Torchlight II to beat (or, Borderlands 2 - 88 hours in!) I would readily reinstall Titan Quest Gold right now.

#674 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Prince of Qin was also a good Diablo clone, but I'm a sucker for Chinese history so ..

#675 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Awesome deal on the DoW games! I love the first, never finished it though.

Spoiler

Yeah, Darksiders starts out VERY slow, I didn't like it very much either until later in the game when you get more abilities. it takes a few hours, but it does pick up, so if you can suffer through the general tedium of the first few hours it gets MUCH better. It's a very fun game overall, just very slow pacing initially.

I'd love to get the pack here so I can play Darksiders 2, but my PC is really old and I would rather have it on Xbox 360. :-(

#676 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

not for me... :|

#677 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Didn't get anything in my inventory. =/

#678 xxxholic

xxxholic

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

RTS/Tactical games.

And titan quest it's a hack n' slash alĂ  Diablo.

In my opinion they're not worth it (SR3 dlcs). I'm fine with the base game + the mods (http://www.saintsrow...forum/index.php).

Does it have the mod similar to just cause 2 Blackmarket mod - Everything free and unlocked?

#679 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Now I don't know if I should go with the DS bundle or wait for a paradox bundle, I'm limited on coupons (3 left) and money..

Does it have the mod similar to just cause 2 Blackmarket mod - Everything free and unlocked?

Not free, but there's something like that:
http://www.saintsrow...manently-mod.3/
The best part is "The mod allows you to access and keep weapons you normally might not be able to"

#680 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Prince of Qin was also a good Diablo clone, but I'm a sucker for Chinese history so ..

I have had this game sitting in a pile of other PC games in a drawer for years now...

"I got it cheap, but I haven't installed it yet" - Ballad of the CAGer

Man, I hope it works on Windows 7... @_@

#681 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

I wish there was a re-release of Revenant. One of my favorite games of all time and something I prefer over Diablo. Yeah. I said it.

ALSO: This DoW complete pack has left me with two spares of The Last Standalone, 1 spare of Dawn of War II Retribution and Dawn of War 1.

#682 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

I have had this game sitting in a pile of other PC games in a drawer for years now...

"I got it cheap, but I haven't installed it yet" - Ballad of the CAGer

Man, I hope it works on Windows 7... @_@

Lucky you then, it works but there are like 3 different version of the game with three different dubbings:
The original in chinese
The good one dubbed in english (pretty good*) by the chinese guys
The bad dubbed in english by americans

Where did you find it?

Man I love the soundtrack.

#683 xxxholic

xxxholic

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Now I don't know if I should go with the DS bundle or wait for a paradox bundle, I'm limited on coupons (3 left) and money..

Not free, but there's something like that:
http://www.saintsrow...manently-mod.3/
The best part is "The mod allows you to access and keep weapons you normally might not be able to"

Nice. I still don't understand why he doesn't make it all free?

#684 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Lucky you then, it works but there are like 3 different version of the game with three different dubbings:
The original in chinese
The good one dubbed in english (pretty good*) by the chinese guys
The bad dubbed in english by americans

Where did you find it?

Man I love the soundtrack.

I bought it off of eBay a billion years ago. I'm not sure which version I have. I'm tempted to install it to find out. Hell, I'm going to do that tonight and find out. I'll let you know!

#685 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

I don't recall this game...
...but, why has Square Enix and Eidos not re-released this on GOG, Steam, and other places?

That game was amazing. I hope they re-release omikron too. I own both games on their physical version... but don't want to mess with physical media. I think they may be scratched by now. That happened with Abomination: The Nemesis Project. Luckily Gamersgate have it, so I bought it again.

Other game I REALLY want on a digital (working) version is Requiem: Avenging Angel.

#686 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Nice. I still don't understand why he doesn't make it all free?

I don't know, but maybe there's a way. Just look around the forum.

I bought it off of eBay a billion years ago. I'm not sure which version I have. I'm tempted to install it to find out. Hell, I'm going to do that tonight and find out. I'll let you know!

Good gaming then, I think that there's a spiritual sequel. Seal of Evil, but it's nowhere as good as Prince of Qin.

#687 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Prince of Qin was also a good Diablo clone, but I'm a sucker for Chinese history so .

That game looks great!

GOG needs to increase their classic inventory...

#688 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

With Torchlight and now Path of Exile, there's a lot of awesome games in the Diablo style now too.

Path of Exile already has a release date?

#689 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

That game looks great!

They should... they do have some Strategy First (publisher) games, so maybe in the future...

#690 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

That game looks great!

Agreed.
And also - Amazon DVG should pick it (Prince of Qin) up, too.

EDIT:

That game was amazing. I hope they re-release omikron too. I own both games on their physical version... but don't want to mess with physical media. I think they may be scratched by now. That happened with Abomination: The Nemesis Project. Luckily Gamersgate have it, so I bought it again.

Other game I REALLY want on a digital (working) version is Requiem: Avenging Angel.

YES!
I missed out on Omikron - I'd love to see that get onto GOG and other digital services!