Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#6901 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

How's Majesty Gold?

Christlike

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#6902 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

For anyone debating Guild Wars or Guild Wars Deluxe you can upgrade your standard version to the deluxe version for 25 dollars in game.

We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#6903 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Because it's a good game and getting it half off is a good deal? lol

Most of us don't consider it a good deal until it's at least 75% off.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#6904 red flare graf

red flare graf

Metalwrath

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Most of us don't consider it a good deal until it's at least 75% off.

Guild Wars 2 is a game where you'll actually miss out on a lot waiting for that drop.. Several unique events have already came and went. If you're not interested in the game's evolving world in the first place, you probably shouldn't bother with it

What server are all of you GW2 buyers joining?

#6905 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

Just want to be sure about guild wars 2 before buying it. I am from Sweden, can I buy the US version and play it?

Looks like a no: https://www.facebook...150698525259209

#6906 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

You can now visit anyone's game so that shouldn't be too big of a problem

#6907 MrsKryten

MrsKryten

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

I'm on Ehmry Bay and having a lot of fun with this game so far. I really like the dynamic events. So many events pop up as I run around that sometimes I forget where I was originally going. LOL.

#6908 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Guild Wars 2 is a game where you'll actually miss out on a lot waiting for that drop.. Several unique events have already came and went. If you're not interested in the game's evolving world in the first place, you probably shouldn't bother with it

This is very true. When Guild Wars 1 came out, I was really looking forward to playing it assuming the price came down to 19.99 I think. It didn't happen anytime soon and I eventually just gave up on it. Since it's free to play after purchase, they seem to hold the line on price discounts pretty well.

I'm not sure when GW1 eventually went to 19.99, but $30 for GW2 sounds pretty quick of a drop since it's still pretty new. Not for me, but sounds like a good deal if you have the time to get into it.

#6909 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

For anyone debating Guild Wars or Guild Wars Deluxe you can upgrade your standard version to the deluxe version for 25 dollars in game.

Can you use in game currency to upgrade if you play long enough or the only option is real cash to upgrade later? I know GW2 has a nice mix of game cash and real cash, so if I can earn the digital deluxe upgrade that's pretty awesome.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#6910 Thadar

Thadar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

We're still waiting to get the rest of their catalog from them, I'm not sure what the status is but I will follow up.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony - Great news! An update would be great. If you think that Amazon will obtain their catalog soon, then I will hold off on the Steam purchase (Its over tomorrow for FE). I would prefer to buy through Amazon. But if you think it will be a while, I will go ahead and pull the trigger on Steam.

Thanks for all your efforts!

#6911 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Thoughts on the 2K Strategy Super Pack for 16.21 after CAGROCKS?

http://www.amazon.co...iew_asin_detail

#6912 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

How's Majesty Gold?

The cheesy voicework is priceless, but the game itself is an acquired taste. It is a simulator of sorts, kind of mixed with an RPG and kind of mixed with an RTS. Find some gameplay videos on youtube. I think the game is awesome, especially the original. That said, it was in an Amazon bundle or two recently, so its sale value is much lower than the retail value.

#6913 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

You mean those unique events that were buggy, or dragged entire servers into the ground with lag? Or had incredibly small windows for "final events" such that unless you are a jobless and friendless loser there is no way you could actually show up for them all? And really, how many people do you think actually read all that dialog or listened to the voiceovers instead of just clicking thru to kill the next baddie. The additions to the game's story are weak at best.

I see no issue with continuing to wait to buy it, especially considering the fact that as the game goes on Anet continues to make changes to make things easier, and remove a lot of the stupid, unfun crap the game released with. Same thing happened with GW1 in the first year.

#6914 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

The cheesy voicework is priceless, but the game itself is an acquired taste. It is a simulator of sorts, kind of mixed with an RPG and kind of mixed with an RTS. Find some gameplay videos on youtube. I think the game is awesome, especially the original. That said, it was in an Amazon bundle or two recently, so its sale value is much lower than the retail value.

do you have any recommendations similar to majesty gold? i was fairly surprised how much i liked it

#6915 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

hey everyone I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for games like Titan quest & and torchlight that they enjoyed

Path of Exile
F2P, but the entire game is totally free. The pay for stuff is cosmetic and larger inventory/bank, nothing that alters the game. Very good game and is more like a Diablo game than Diablo 3 ever wishes it could be.

#6916 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

do you have any recommendations similar to majesty gold? i was fairly surprised how much i liked it

I'll go out on a limb and say Dungeon Keeper. The series is similar in the sense that you can only really order around the imps under your control; other denizens of your dungeon you have to bribe into doing what you want by offering them food and/or gold and building facilities (like torture chambers and libraries). This is a similar mechanic to the Majesty series where you coax heroes into killing monsters by placing bounties.

Of course, there's always Majesty 2.
76561197989704676.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#6917 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Can you use in game currency to upgrade if you play long enough or the only option is real cash to upgrade later? I know GW2 has a nice mix of game cash and real cash, so if I can earn the digital deluxe upgrade that's pretty awesome.

I'm not sure

From what I've read you have to use gems to buy it, this is what the wiki says about gems...

"Gems Posted Image are the in-game currency required to purchase things from the Gem Store. Gems may be bought with real-world money or in-game gold and spent to get convenience items, account services, or decorative items."

#6918 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Majesty 2 is great but it gets Fuck unfair quick, not hard, just plain unfair.

If you're going to play Majesty 2 grab a money generator to give you extra funds so you have a chance to hold your own when the game decides not to play by the rules.

#6919 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Bought it anyway :D

#6920 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Path of Exile
F2P, but the entire game is totally free. The pay for stuff is cosmetic and larger inventory/bank, nothing that alters the game. Very good game and is more like a Diablo game than Diablo 3 ever wishes it could be.

I totally agree. I am very much against most F2P games, but this one is very much worth checking out.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#6921 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

Thoughts on the 2K Strategy Super Pack for 16.21 after CAGROCKS?

http://www.amazon.co...iew_asin_detail

If you don't have any of the games, it's a good deal. Civ 5 + Gods & Kings will give you hours upon hours of entertainment. Civ 4 is different enough that it's still worth playing (and many consider it to be a better game than Civ 5, too). I just recently acquired the Stronghold collection, but it's four older games that all have been pretty well received by others. As long as you like strategy games, you can't go wrong with six base games, four expansions, and a ton of minor DLC (found in the GOTY edition for Civ 5).

#6922 hero101

hero101

FC3 US Navy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Is it worth it to pre-order Tomb Raider on PC on amazon? I will miss all the other stuff if i pre-order it on Steam instead.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScSXpY5F5ebi67djEcxLCh1LppgIsL6HFBGB39XzHLrv9fkTY&t=1&usg=__rTGLWWIDKzzePxIYpFQItriY4JM=Posted Image

#6923 monkeyz

monkeyz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Path of Exile

I just thought I would pop in and +1 this. MINI REVIEW
Spoiler
If you do end up playing you can add me, just PM me gotdott. And to make this relevant to Amazon, Tony you should contact Grinding Gear Games and see if you can do a game connect type thing deal in your f2p store with them for Path of Exile and see if they would be willing to sell their micro-transactions on their store through amazon as well, last I heard they had some 70,000 plus people playing concurrently seems like an opportunity to help each other.

#6924 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

thanks for the recommendations guys, most of my childhood hours were spent on warcraft 2-3 and diablo so i have been looking for similar games that i might have missed out on. i actually did try path of exile for a bit but i kept getting kicked off of the server, not sure if that was just a temporary issue?

im fairly tired of shooters and never realized how much i missed rts games and such until now

#6925 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Majesty 2 is great but it gets Fuck unfair quick, not hard, just plain unfair.

If you're going to play Majesty 2 grab a money generator to give you extra funds so you have a chance to hold your own when the game decides not to play by the rules.

I'll have to try to remember this because I intend to play the Majesty series. . . someday.
76561197989704676.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#6926 Caine

Caine

That's my cocaine.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Is it worth it to pre-order Tomb Raider on PC on amazon? I will miss all the other stuff if i pre-order it on Steam instead.

I went with Amazon with the CAGROCKS code as the pre-order bonuses are better in my case. It depends on if you have /want TR GOL.

#6927 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

I'll go out on a limb and say Dungeon Keeper.

Both good options, and I will add Medieval Conquest to the list. I bought it for $1 retail, had some fun out of it. My niece used to watch me play it when she was little, she liked watching my guys roam around killing things. It is pretty obviously a rip-off of Majesty, and not quite as good, but for a buck or two can provide some entertainment.

I'll have to try to remember this because I intend to play the Majesty series. . . someday.

The problem with Majesty 2 is that beating the higher levels requires having a good range of heroes to chose from to 'summon' to the battlefield. Meaning if you charge through the easy levels and only have nothing but high level heroes, you are screwed, but also if you have no high level heroes you are likewise screwed. I still prefer the original, but part 2 can be fun.

#6928 monkeyz

monkeyz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

thanks for the recommendations guys, most of my childhood hours were spent on warcraft 2-3 and diablo so i have been looking for similar games that i might have missed out on. i actually did try path of exile for a bit but i kept getting kicked off of the server, not sure if that was just a temporary issue?

im fairly tired of shooters and never realized how much i missed rts games and such until now

Short version: YES it was a temporary issue. Long version.
Spoiler

#6929 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Any update on the rise of nations and its sequel getting added to amazon downloads?

#6930 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2 are still hits in my house, really good games.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes