Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#6931 Mippo

Mippo

One and Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

I'm leaning towards the Dead Space bundle with my coupon but the only thing really, really holding me back is Origin. I bought Kingdoms of Amalur during the Winter Sale and I've had nothing but problems with Origin trying to play the game. It told me I hit my limit on the number of saves I can have, and then it wouldn't let me play the game because it kept corrupting with my saves. I thought I was going to have to start all over which is absolutely bonkers that I'd have to lose all of my progress from some forced program on a single player game, but I was able to fix it after 2 hours of messing around and syncing.

Still though, it wasted my afternoon simply trying to play a single player game I purchased solely due to Origin. Makes me very close to the point of never wanting to purchase another Origin game which is why a deal I would've bought several days ago I'm still on the fence on (The Dead Space Bundle).

Any chance we could get the Dead Space Bundle on Steam, it would be an immediate purchase from me :)

#6932 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

I'm leaning towards the Dead Space bundle with my coupon but the only thing really, really holding me back is Origin. I bought Kingdoms of Amalur during the Winter Sale and I've had nothing but problems with Origin trying to play the game. It told me I hit my limit on the number of saves I can have, and then it wouldn't let me play the game because it kept corrupting with my saves. I thought I was going to have to start all over which is absolutely bonkers that I'd have to lose all of my progress from some forced program on a single player game, but I was able to fix it after 2 hours of messing around and syncing.

Still though, it wasted my afternoon simply trying to play a single player game I purchased solely due to Origin. Makes me very close to the point of never wanting to purchase another Origin game which is why a deal I would've bought several days ago I'm still on the fence on (The Dead Space Bundle).

Any chance we could get the Dead Space Bundle on Steam, it would be an immediate purchase from me :)

I'm guessing that was due to cloud saves? Just don't use it [as in save locally on your computer; I have Origin Cloud Storage disabled by default]. STEAM cloud has similar issues [although STEAM cloud is the better of the 2 systems].

**EDIT**
Also, all the EA download games available from Amazon only activate on Origin [that is, if they do activate on a platform; some are just download from Amazon and play]. None of the EA games will activate on STEAM. The only reason why Kingdoms of Amalur is offering STEAM keys is because KoA is not an EA game; yet.... [many like myself think EA will buy the rights to KoA once it is auctioned off for sale].

Edited by UW_Shocks, 27 February 2013 - 07:23 PM.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#6933 Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

Any update on the rise of nations and its sequel getting added to amazon downloads?

Interested

#6934 brettsp

brettsp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

I went with Amazon with the CAGROCKS code as the pre-order bonuses are better in my case. It depends on if you have /want TR GOL.

Will CAGSRock work with the SimCity5 preorder?....I guess I could always just try it, but i'm too lazy

#6935 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Will CAGSRock work with the SimCity5 preorder?....I guess I could always just try it, but i'm too lazy

Would have taken less effort than typing your post.

#6936 brettsp

brettsp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Would have taken less effort than typing your post.

very true

#6937 brettsp

brettsp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

very true

Ok so I tried it and it does work with the download version, but not with the physical version which comes with a 20.00 amazon credit..

#6938 T1BillionX

T1BillionX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

I want to get Tomb Raider, does Amazon have the digital Survival Edition like Steam and Origin?

#6939 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Ok so I tried it and it does work with the download version, but not with the physical version which comes with a 20.00 amazon credit..

because physical is not digital? lol

#6940 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Can you use in game currency to upgrade if you play long enough or the only option is real cash to upgrade later? I know GW2 has a nice mix of game cash and real cash, so if I can earn the digital deluxe upgrade that's pretty awesome.

You can purchase Gems in-game using Gold, so you can upgrade to digital deluxe for free. That said... I preordered the DDE and can't recommend it.

You mean those unique events that were buggy, or dragged entire servers into the ground with lag? Or had incredibly small windows for "final events" such that unless you are a jobless and friendless loser there is no way you could actually show up for them all? And really, how many people do you think actually read all that dialog or listened to the voiceovers instead of just clicking thru to kill the next baddie. The additions to the game's story are weak at best.

I see no issue with continuing to wait to buy it, especially considering the fact that as the game goes on Anet continues to make changes to make things easier, and remove a lot of the stupid, unfun crap the game released with. Same thing happened with GW1 in the first year.

Did someone at ArenaNet murder your puppy? I don't see the need to attack a group of people because they have the time to play a game for an event. I assume you're referring to the Karka event, which they admitted was poorly handled and actually compensated players who had issues with it. All of their major events have run for a long period of time and had finales in the middle of the day on weekends when their statistics show that the largest concurrent number of players is online. Your complaints about the voiceovers and story... existing I guess? lead me to believe you have no intention of ever buying this game and enjoying it.

What server are all of you GW2 buyers joining?

I'm on Tarnished Coast which is the unofficial RP server. The community here seems a lot more pleasant and laid back than some of the other servers I've been on in the past 6 months.

TL;DR: Guild Wars 2 is definitely worth the $30 asking price if you're interested in a new MMO that's easily played solo or in a group.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#6941 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

My opinion on GW2 (no disrespect to anyone who disagrees intended):

The story in GW2 is bad. The group dynamics of dungeons are either a snoozefest or absurdly chaotic with little tactical nuance since they got rid of the Holy Trinity. There's not much of a reason to play with friends while leveling, I've found that it actually slows you down since it's so easy to do everything on your own and the burden of communication is stifling to speeding from place to place.

Most of the armor you wear while leveling is ugly. A lot of classes have a ton of worthless abilities (ranger is basically an auto-attack and AFK class). It's fairly confusing on how to even get better looking gear, and once you hit 80 or so and spend the gold you got while leveling on buying gear, your playstyle won't be changing much (if at all).

GW2 is basically the opposite of most MMOs. It takes off at lower levels and then grinds to a boring, progress-less halt at 80 -- the opposite of other games where endgame content is rich and enjoyable.

And let us not forget the stupid design flaws and bugs. They've fixed many of them, but Fractals used to be screwed if someone DC'd at any point during the run. I've finished jumping puzzles and received no chest. Rolling micro-rollbacks that made me loose achievement progress. etc. etc. etc.

GW2 is super overrated long-term, it isn't the kind of MMO most people will still be playing 2 years.

#6942 bluelark

bluelark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Most of us don't consider it a good deal until it's at least 75% off.

Honestly it's probably a better idea to speak for yourself than trying to suggest most of anyone for anything. Obviously there are more people saying that the GW2 sale is a good deal than those who don't, so I'm not seeing a majority agreeing with you.

You can purchase Gems in-game using Gold, so you can upgrade to digital deluxe for free. That said... I preordered the DDE and can't recommend it.

This is how I feel about it. I didn't buy it, but the perks don't seem to warrant the additional cost to me.

Did someone at ArenaNet murder your puppy? I don't see the need to attack a group of people because they have the time to play a game for an event. I assume you're referring to the Karka event, which they admitted was poorly handled and actually compensated players who had issues with it. All of their major events have run for a long period of time and had finales in the middle of the day on weekends when their statistics show that the largest concurrent number of players is online. Your complaints about the voiceovers and story... existing I guess? lead me to believe you have no intention of ever buying this game and enjoying it.

Haha... that's how it seemed to me as well.

I'm on Tarnished Coast which is the unofficial RP server. The community here seems a lot more pleasant and laid back than some of the other servers I've been on in the past 6 months.

I think I'm on this server too. I know I joined what someone said was the unofficial RP server and I don't care about RP but it's fun. It's funny to watch people with no interest in RP too haha.

#6943 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

YYour complaints about the voiceovers and story... existing I guess? lead me to believe you have no intention of ever buying this game and enjoying it.

I actually pre-purchased, but hey, thanks for playing the lame ass assumption game. Care to try again? Nothing you said countered my argument that there is no need to buy it now, and waiting is perfectly fine, because these "game changing events" are lame, limited, and nothing the player does actually matters. And on the flip side, most things in the game have gotten easier/cheaper/funner as time has gone on and Anet realized how stupid some of their decisions were, thus it makes sense this trend will continue. If you are just dying to scratch your MMO itch, fine, but if you already have one or a huge backlog, pffft, just wait.

#6944 kraken613

kraken613

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Used the 25% coupon to preorder Sim City and it came to $45! I had enough from gift cards to not have to pay anything!

If only I could use that gift card credit to renew my Prime subscription....

#6945 Correlli

Correlli

The guy with the small brain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

Still vacillating over GW2. Kind of want it - but I was done with MMO's after stepping away from WoW years ago. And I have a huge backlog. Argh.

#6946 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

I actually pre-purchased, but hey, thanks for playing the lame ass assumption game. Care to try again? Nothing you said countered my argument that there is no need to buy it now, and waiting is perfectly fine, because these "game changing events" are lame, limited, and nothing the player does actually matters. And on the flip side, most things in the game have gotten easier/cheaper/funner as time has gone on and Anet realized how stupid some of their decisions were, thus it makes sense this trend will continue. If you are just dying to scratch your MMO itch, fine, but if you already have one or a huge backlog, pffft, just wait.

There is no "need" to ever buy any game. Your opinion is not fact, and this is the last I'll derail the thread about it.

Edit: Does anyone have the link to that Reddit thread detailing the current sale and which keys activate where?
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#6947 Whedon

Whedon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

Does anyone have the link to that Reddit thread detailing the current sale and which keys activate where?

This is a list of the ones that redeem on Steam if that helps at all. http://www.reddit.co...mable_games_in/

#6948 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

If there are any fans of point-and-click adventures here, these are some pretty good deals, some of which are not listed in the OP. I haven't played any of these so I can't vouch for them. Tony, do you know when these sale prices will end?

Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder $2.50
Mata Hari $2.99
Alter Ego $1.74
Post-Mortem $2.99
Syberia II $2.99 (oddly the first one is still $9.99)
Secret Files: Tunguska $3.39
Secret Files 2 $3.39
Cursed Mountain $1.69
Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon $2.99
Dark Fall: Lights Out $1.24
Sinking Island $2.99

Lots more from this publisher

I could get behind an Anuman pack, but I'm too cheap for $3 each, even with 25% off (never mind that I already have most of them).

Same here.

EDIT:
I already have...
Dark Fall: LO;
Syberia 1 & 2 (though, I would really like to get DRM-FREE copy of both Syberia 1 & 2);
Post Mortem & Still Life 1 (though, I would like a DRM-FREE copy of Still Life 1).

Edited by MysterD, 27 February 2013 - 11:21 PM.

#6949 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Same here.

Make it happen, Toneh! :)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#6950 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

I don't know what to get. Thinking about bulletstorm... It's easy to activate on origin? Also, I feel I'm buying it JUST because the code discount... I don't think I'll be playing it soon, I'm hooked with Warlock and King Arthur :)

#6951 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

I don't know what to get. Thinking about bulletstorm... It's easy to activate on origin? Also, I feel I'm buying it JUST because the code discount... I don't think I'll be playing it soon, I'm hooked with Warlock and King Arthur :)

Bulletstorm's a pain to activate on Origin.
The game's key is actually a G4WL Key.
Those keys don't activate-up on Origin.

You literally have to talk to EA support.
And your success or failure of EA getting it activated can vary, depending on who you get as a service-rep.
I tried - gave them pics/screenshots, proof, and whatnot; EA support still tried; didn't work.
Though, EA support has helped others get it activated (or just flat-out adding Bulletstorm to your account) on Origin.

#6952 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

still clinging on this deal
http://www.amazon.co...iew_asin_detail

since this is a rare deal. :\

#6953 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

I echo the sentiments on Path of Exile. It is a very good F2P Diablo clone. If you're into that then definitely check it out sometime.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6954 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

And your success or failure of EA getting it activated can vary, depending on who you get as a service-rep.
I tried - gave them pics/screenshots, proof, and whatnot; EA support still tried; didn't work.
Though, EA support has helped others get it activated (or just flat-out adding Bulletstorm to your account) on Origin.

I got a Bulletstorm key from Amazon "The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack [Download]" (September 30, 2012) and added it to Origin like any other game: redeeming it on Origin client. The key was like this: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX, and it was the same key for G4WL.

#6955 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

I got a Bulletstorm key from Amazon "The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack [Download]" (September 30, 2012) and added it to Origin like any other game: redeeming it on Origin client. The key was like this: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX, and it was the same key for G4WL.

Interesting!
Thanks for sharing that info.

Maybe I should try to activate it again, since it was a few YEARS ago I had issues w/ Bulletstorm PC activating on Origin; and EA had trouble trying to get it activated.

#6956 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

Just noticed NFS Most Wanted DLCs were 50% off so I grabbed Need For Speed Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack DLC. Driving a Bugatti Veyron is really awesome :applause:

What EA support reo would do is activating the game with different keys they have on the account.

Weird because I just tried the key in my Origin library and instead of "already used" error, I get a "General Error. Try again later" lol

fs_pc.png

#6957 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Bulletstorm is more fun that a fun day out at funland with other fun stuff added and chopped up into one large fun bundle!
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#6958 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Holy crap, I had the exact same problem except I bought mine from Steam. I decided to take the advice from this thread and just put in the GFWL CD key in Origin.

:bouncy::applause:IT WORKS NOW!:applause::bouncy:

It gave me the limited edition for some reason. I have no idea what that consists of though.

#6959 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

Holy crap, I had the exact same problem except I bought mine from Steam. I decided to take the advice from this thread and just put in the GFWL CD key in Origin.

It gave me the limited edition for some reason. I have no idea what that consists of though.

THANKS!
I just tried my Bulletstorm key from Amazon DVG from years ago - and it activated up on Origin! :D
Well, I'll be damned...

#6960 Luckz

Luckz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

Interesting!
Thanks for sharing that info.

Maybe I should try to activate it again, since it was a few YEARS ago I had issues w/ Bulletstorm PC activating on Origin; and EA had trouble trying to get it activated.

Yes, they fixed it a lengthy while ago. See a couple of Amazon PCDD threads ago. Basically Tony made them do it ;)

And yes, EA games often give you the Ltd Edt if you activate them long after release. Sometimes they even let you choose whether you want the standard or limited edition game.