Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#6961 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

Yes, they fixed it a lengthy while ago. See a couple of Amazon PCDD threads ago. Basically Tony made them do it ;)

And yes, EA games often give you the Ltd Edt if you activate them long after release. Sometimes they even let you choose whether you want the standard or limited edition game.

Yeah, my activation of Bulletstorm PC gave me the Limited Edition. :D

#6962 Motiv

Motiv

The Deuterium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

I just bought Bulletstorm last night from Amazon. Entered the key (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) I received into Origin via 'Redeem Product Code' and it registered the game almost instantly.

Origin did ask me to pick which version to register between various language options:

1 - Japanese, English
2 - English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian
3 - German, English

I ended up choosing #2 and everything works fine. The only annoying thing was having to restart the game several times so Windows Live could register and update.

#6963 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

Ok need advice.

I have enough points on Xbox (xbox game sale this week) to buy 1 game.

Should I buy Bioshock on 360 or purchase the Bioshock/Bioshock2/Spec Ops Bundle from Amazon for 16$ after the coupon and use the 1 free game for something liek Dirt 2 or Grid

(Can Bioshock be played with an xbox controller on PC? AND can you change resolution of SPec Ops on PC because the demo didnt have 1920x1080)

#6964 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

Bought Bulletstorm. Origin activation was easy and painless as all said. Thanks!!

BTW, thanks tony! My wallet hates you! :bouncy:

#6965 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

still clinging on this deal
http://www.amazon.co...iew_asin_detail

since this is a rare deal. :\

I'd be more enticed if I didn't get MW2 for $5 last year.:roll:

Anyone reccomend this http://www.amazon.co...iew_asin_detail I already have the Just Cause games so any insight on the other games would be appreciated.

1. Conflict Denied [Download]
2. Conflict Desert Storm [Download]
3. Just Cause 2 [Download]
4. Just Cause 2: Agency Hovercraft DLC [Download]
5. Just Cause 2: Black Market Aerial Pack DLC [Download]
6. Just Cause 2: Monster Truck DLC [Download]
7. Just Cause 2: Rico's Signature Gun DLC [Download]
8. Just Cause [Online Game Code]
9. Kane and Lynch 2 [Download]
10. Kane and Lynch: Dead Men [Download]
11. Project: Snowblind [Download]
Posted Image

#6966 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

I'm not sure

From what I've read you have to use gems to buy it, this is what the wiki says about gems...

"Gems Posted Image are the in-game currency required to purchase things from the Gem Store. Gems may be bought with real-world money or in-game gold and spent to get convenience items, account services, or decorative items."

You can purchase Gems in-game using Gold, so you can upgrade to digital deluxe for free. That said... I preordered the DDE and can't recommend it.

TL;DR: Guild Wars 2 is definitely worth the $30 asking price if you're interested in a new MMO that's easily played solo or in a group.

Thanks for the replies. I'll probably buy the standard game and pass on the digital upgrade for now.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#6967 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

I got MW2 (PC download) for $5 last year from Amazon DVG;
and MW3 (Retail) from TRU during the PC games blowout for $10.

#6968 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

I just bought Bulletstorm last night from Amazon. Entered the key (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) I received into Origin via 'Redeem Product Code' and it registered the game almost instantly.

Origin did ask me to pick which version to register between various language options:

1 - Japanese, English
2 - English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian
3 - German, English

I ended up choosing #2 and everything works fine. The only annoying thing was having to restart the game several times so Windows Live could register and update.

Well, hell...had a goofball moment, activated wrong version (version #1).
Contacted EA support; they removed my key tied to Origin; gave me new key; activated me all up w/ right version.

Good show, EA! :D

Edited by MysterD, 28 February 2013 - 02:07 AM.

#6969 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

Anyone reccomend this http://www.amazon.co...iew_asin_detail I already have the Just Cause games so any insight on the other games would be appreciated.

Even with the 25% off it's not even close to be a good deal. Especially if you have the Just Cause games (and if you didn't JC2 is basically $2-3ish as it's been in so many commercial bundles).

#6970 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

Where'd you get MW2 for 5?
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#6971 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

Where'd you get MW2 for 5?

Amazon DVG had Modern Warfare 2 for $5 on Valentine's Day 2012.

#6972 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

I wasn't able to use the cagrocks code because there wasn't a single game that I wanted.
Posted Image

#6973 cutter2

cutter2

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

We've identified quite a number of titles and added them as a result of CAGs saying "Tony you should carry this".

Lost Planet 2 from Capcom
Make it happen.

#6974 cutter2

cutter2

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

I'm leaning towards the Dead Space bundle with my coupon but the only thing really, really holding me back is Origin.

Dead Space 1 & 2 from Amazon do not require Origin.

#6975 cutter2

cutter2

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

It gave me the limited edition for some reason. I have no idea what that consists of though.

a couple of multiplayer character and weapon skins

#6976 derkduck

derkduck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

This might be a dumb question, but if I were to buy the Mechromancer for BL2 would the Mac version also work on the PC version? Reason I am asking is because the Mac version is less than 5 bucks while the PC version is 7.49

#6977 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

Why doesn't CAGROCKS work on Bioshock Infinite season pass now?
Posted Image

#6978 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

So just to confirm, the Dead Space Bundle does NOT activate on STEAM?

http://www.amazon.co...ad space bundle

I see the DRM is listed as "mixed." So that means it's Origin only, right?

#6979 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

So just to confirm, the Dead Space Bundle does NOT activate on STEAM?

http://www.amazon.co...ad space bundle

I see the DRM is listed as "mixed." So that means it's Origin only, right?

From the OP

Hi CAGs,
FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

In general newer EA games from the last few years will activate to Origin. For older ones EA has a list of which ones will activate to Origin here: (Note: Dead Space and Dead Space 2 are listed)

https://help.ea.com/...-redemption-faq

If you have a game not on the list and you try activating it and doesn't work you can try this link:

https://activate.ea....meactivation.do

If that still doesn't work you can contact EA support and request that they manually add it to your Origin account if you provide proof of purchase but that's very YMMV and you may need to talk to several reps before you find one willing to do it.

steam_sig.png

#6980 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

Why doesn't CAGROCKS work on Bioshock Infinite season pass now?

I was told because release was post when the coupon expires, though not sure if that is really the reason.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#6981 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:13 AM

I was told because release was post when the coupon expires, though not sure if that is really the reason.

Ugh... It worked a couple days ago. I applied it on the preview & purchase page and it worked. They must of just pulled it. Looks like I shouldn't of debated between that and GW2.
Posted Image

#6982 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

kindle gift cards are basically the same as amazon credit right? i have a b&n gc that i don't really have any use for

#6983 BOOKATA

BOOKATA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

I'm in for Guildwars2 for 30... good use of a coupon.

#6984 ojaybaby

ojaybaby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

So....

Still have my coupon...so torn on what to get.

Any must haves?

#6985 BoGG

BoGG

PC Master Race Minion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

Dead Space 1 & 2 from Amazon do not require Origin.

Mmh I bought the Dead Space Bundle and what I received is keys for Origin so I don't know where you got that from.

#6986 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

This might be a dumb question, but if I were to buy the Mechromancer for BL2 would the Mac version also work on the PC version? Reason I am asking is because the Mac version is less than 5 bucks while the PC version is 7.49

I just used up the last of my credit on the Mac version, and it activated on my Windows account just fine.

foxhack.jpg

#6987 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

Mmh I bought the Dead Space Bundle and what I received is keys for Origin so I don't know where you got that from.

I thought you also got installer downloads. So Origin wouldn't be required?

foxhack.jpg

#6988 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

Ugh... It worked a couple days ago. I applied it on the preview & purchase page and it worked. They must of just pulled it. Looks like I shouldn't of debated between that and GW2.

Yep, think that is what happened sadly.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#6989 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

I wasn't able to use the cagrocks code because there wasn't a single game that I wanted.

I've narrowed mine down to the Dead Island upgrade pack. Though I'm still waiting to see what Steam offers for the weekend deal tomorrow. It may be something already on sale at Amazon and if it's cheaper I can hope for a price match.

#6990 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

You can purchase Gems in-game using Gold, so you can upgrade to digital deluxe for free. That said... I preordered the DDE and can't recommend it.

Spoiler
I'm on Tarnished Coast which is the unofficial RP server. The community here seems a lot more pleasant and laid back than some of the other servers I've been on in the past 6 months.

TL;DR: Guild Wars 2 is definitely worth the $30 asking price if you're interested in a new MMO that's easily played solo or in a group.

Thanks for that!

Still vacillating over GW2. Kind of want it - but I was done with MMO's after stepping away from WoW years ago. And I have a huge backlog. Argh.

LOL same boat.

I don't know what to get. Thinking about bulletstorm... It's easy to activate on origin? Also, I feel I'm buying it JUST because the code discount... I don't think I'll be playing it soon, I'm hooked with Warlock and King Arthur :)

I'm not a FPS fan, but Bulletstorm was a total hoot. I think it took me 5-6 hours.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.