Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#7111 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

Not counting the GG pricing error, I believe so. UbiSoft had it on sale direct for $11.90 for the Deluxe Edition back in January.

Thanks for the info. :D

#7112 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

Afaik, they haven't had terrible price mistakes in awhile. I'm sure December hurt them pretty badly though. For one, Bethesda no longer lets them sell their games, I believe.

i think most of it but theere is some stil lthere
http://www.gamersgat...er/110/bethesda

#7113 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

i think most of it but theere is some stil lthere
http://www.gamersgat...er/110/bethesda

Right, I knew they pulled the big name titles. Surprised that FNV is still there though.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#7114 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

Thought about grabbing Inversion, but eh. It's another okay third person cover shooter. I still have Space Marine, and I'd rather play Binary Domain than Inversion.

I'm installing GRFS now though, so if I play a bit of it, I'll post with my first impressions. That said... I'm pretty sure the DD price is a mistake, so it probably won't be around for long.

So, pretty much - Inversion and GR:FS Deluxe are on the top of my list of "What I Could Buy Before CAGROCKS coupon goes away late tonight."

Is there anything else I should be aware of that's got a crazy price that might be worth it...?

Problem is - of course - I often already own a ton of games...

#7115 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

Is there anything else I should be aware of that's got a crazy price that might be worth it...?

Well...

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#7116 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

G u n s b o o t s n w h e e l s

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#7117 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

Are you getting Origin redeemable keys in the Dead Space bundle?

I ask because I already have DS2 and I'm trying to split the pack with someone (anyone) to get DS1. Just making sure, never know with EA...

bZ2g3eF.png

#7118 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

So, what's better....
GR: Future Soldier Deluxe? or Inversion?

I thought GR:FS was better, but the PC version is supposed to have problems apparently.

#7119 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:06 AM

What's everyone's no brainer deal? I really don't want this to go to waste!

#7120 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:13 AM

I've love to know the same here...

#7121 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

I've love to know the same here...

I tried my best to address this in my post on the previous page. http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=7106

I suppose you could add Guild Wars 2 to that list if you like MMORPGs. There might be other things too which other people might suggest. If so, I welcome their input because I'm still trying to decide what to use my coupon on.

#7122 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

I was unable to find a no-brainer deal. My top 5 considerations right now are Inversion, Dark Souls, Triple Town, World at War, and Modern Warfare Bundle. Still not sure if I want any of them enough to actually buy, though.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#7123 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:23 AM

Are you getting Origin redeemable keys in the Dead Space bundle?

I ask because I already have DS2 and I'm trying to split the pack with someone (anyone) to get DS1. Just making sure, never know with EA...

I purchased this Dead Space bundle and it came with Amazon DL-able installers as well as individual keys that did activate on Origin.

http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#7124 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

I tried my best to address this in my post on the previous page. http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=7106

I suppose you could add Guild Wars 2 to that list if you like MMORPGs. There might be other things too which other people might suggest. If so, I welcome their input because I'm still trying to decide what to use my coupon on.

I really liked GW2 when I was in the Beta, but it ain't cheap enough for my blood, given it's an "Always online" game.

Thanks for the link! I"ll respond to it...

On the first day of the sale I had my girlfriend buy Singularity for me on her account using CAGROCKS. A couple of days ago I got my Mother to pickup Inversion for me with CAGROCKS. Yesterday I got my brother to pick up Binary Domain for me with CAGROCKS.

Now I've run out of people to pick up games for me with the coupon, so I've only got the one tied to my account. I'm thinking about either Call of Duty: World at War or Nights in Dreams, or maybe even RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum.

For those looking for suggestions on what to use thier coupon on, you might also want to consider:
Modern Warfare Bundle - I already own all the games in that, so I'm passing on that.
Max Payne Complete - MP3 + Season pass. Good deal, but still more that I'm willing to pay.
Chaos A Plenty Bundle - If I didn't already own the Just Cause games, I'd seriously consider this.
Ticket to Ride - Tony is inquiring into the possibility of having a complete Ticket to Ride bundle at some point in the future, so proceed with caution on this.

NOTE: Everything that I have suggested is steam redeemable, as that is what I am primarily looking for. If you don't care about it being on steam, I'm sure there are plenty of other options out there for you.

Bought Singularity from Steam a while ago. Solid, but nothing great.
Binary Domain is awesome - already own that; bought that a bit ago from Amazon.
I own all the MW games; and Max Payne 3 (base game only); own the Just Cause + Kane Lynch games in Chaos Bundle.

I don't have COD: WAW; Nights in Dreams.
Not really interested in RC Tycoon 3 Plat.

Still got GR: Future Soldier Deluxe and Inversion at top of my list.

#7125 rman

rman

We Are Our Own Wicked Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

Thought about grabbing Inversion, but eh. It's another okay third person cover shooter. I still have Space Marine, and I'd rather play Binary Domain than Inversion.

I'm installing GRFS now though, so if I play a bit of it, I'll post with my first impressions. That said... I'm pretty sure the DD price is a mistake, so it probably won't be around for long.

Can you tell me how big the download is for GRFS, amazon says it's 12.5 GB and steam says it's 25 GB or is that space required to decompress?

#7126 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

I purchased this Dead Space bundle and it came with Amazon DL-able installers as well as individual keys that did activate on Origin.

http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Weird, I wonder if there's a difference.

Can you tell me how big the download is for GRFS, amazon says it's 12.5 GB and steam says it's 25 GB or is that space required to decompress?

I'm downloading it now directly through UPlay and it's 13GB. It will likely be 25GBish when I install it.

bZ2g3eF.png

#7127 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:38 AM

I really liked GW2 when I was in the Beta, but it ain't cheap enough for my blood, given it's an "Always online" game.

Thanks for the link! I"ll respond to it...

Bought Singularity from Steam a while ago. Solid, but nothing great.
Binary Domain is awesome - already own that; bought that a bit ago from Amazon.
I own all the MW games; and Max Payne 3 (base game only); own the Just Cause + Kane Lynch games in Chaos Bundle.

I don't have COD: WAW; Nights in Dreams.
Not really interested in RC Tycoon 3 Plat.

Still got GR: Future Soldier Deluxe and Inversion at top of my list.

Alright then. If the choice is between GR:FS & Inversion, I'd go with Inversion. Simply because it's not likely to be too much cheaper (maybe a buck cheaper at most). Where as Ghost Recon: Future Solder will undoubtedly be cheaper over the next 6 months.

#7128 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:40 AM

Alright then. If the choice is between GR:FS & Inversion, I'd go with Inversion. Simply because it's not likely to be too much cheaper (maybe a buck cheaper at most). Where as Ghost Recon: Future Solder will undoubtedly be cheaper over the next 6 months.

Thanks for your thoughts & opinion!

#7129 joecool4279

joecool4279

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

Ticket to Ride is a fantastic game. I play it regularly. It's nice because you can play a whole game in under 15 minutes. It's really easy to learn. Steam had the complete pack for $8 during the winter sale though, and I think the DLC separately was more if bought separately.

I used my CAGROCKS on Dark Souls. I am sure I will hate it for it's difficulty.

I thought about getting Inversion and Binary Domain, but I wouldn't get around to them until like 2017.

#7130 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:52 AM

www.amazon.com/Deep-Silver-40781The-Humans9-Download/dp/B005JF4RAA/

This is a no brainer to me.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#7131 teknikalei

teknikalei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:06 AM

Ticket to Ride is a fantastic game. I play it regularly. It's nice because you can play a whole game in under 15 minutes. It's really easy to learn. Steam had the complete pack for $8 during the winter sale though, and I think the DLC separately was more if bought separately.

Thanks for the tip, may pick it up. Do you use all of the DLC, or would I be ok just picking up the 1910 pack, which someone on Amazon suggests is almost a necessity?

#7132 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

Thanks for the tip, may pick it up. Do you use all of the DLC, or would I be ok just picking up the 1910 pack, which someone on Amazon suggests is almost a necessity?

Just as a heads up Tony said he's working on a complete TtR bundle (hopefully with a Steam Key option). No definite timelines given yet though.

#7133 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:56 AM

Just as a heads up Tony said he's working on a complete TtR bundle (hopefully with a Steam Key option). No definite timelines given yet though.

I think TtR is only on Steam. (The page on Amazon says Steamworks) The deal is still tempting, tho I can play online on Days Of Wonder site.

As for DLC, the 1910 pack will give you additional routes on the US map to complete. I think it gives a lot more variety to the US map and will extend the life of it. The others are different boards with different rule twists.

I wasn't paying attention and only saw the coupon today, but I'm not seeing anything that is must have with it. I might pick up some of the Crusader Kings II DLC I don't have that is on sale.
Posted Image

#7134 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

Anyone else experiencing extremely slow processing? I ordered the ME trilogy 2 hours ago and it still hasn't finished yet they billed me :-/

#7135 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

What about the Assassin's Creed games? It looks like AC1 and AC2 are both $4.99 before coupon, and AC:Brotherhood is $7.49. The coupon brings down the prices to $3.74 and $5.62. Is that the cheapest they've ever been?

(Side note: does AC1 activate on UPlay? Not that I care to activate it there, but it's always nice to know I can if I ever wanted to.)

#7136 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

I was unable to find a no-brainer deal. My top 5 considerations right now are Inversion, Dark Souls, Triple Town, World at War, and Modern Warfare Bundle. Still not sure if I want any of them enough to actually buy, though.

really can't recommend dark souls enough to anyone who hasn't played it

Hand__Of__God.png

#7137 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:07 AM

What about the Assassin's Creed games? It looks like AC1 and AC2 are both $4.99 before coupon, and AC:Brotherhood is $7.49. The coupon brings down the prices to $3.74 and $5.62. Is that the cheapest they've ever been?

(Side note: does AC1 activate on UPlay? Not that I care to activate it there, but it's always nice to know I can if I ever wanted to.)

They've been cheaper. ACR was $2.50 and ACB Deluxe was $2.50 a few months ago after a coupon. That's really the price point they should be at, $2.50 for the old ones, $5 for newer ones/deluxe editions.

Also, just installed Ghost Recon FS and it's 15GB. Patching it now, but it doesn't seem to be a very large patch.

bZ2g3eF.png

#7138 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

They've been cheaper. ACR was $2.50 and ACB Deluxe was $2.50 a few months ago after a coupon. That's really the price point they should be at, $2.50 for the old ones, $5 for newer ones/deluxe editions.

Wasn't that coupon only if you had previously bought an Ubisoft game, though? (I don't believe I have a single Ubi game in my library, for some reason.)

#7139 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

Wasn't that coupon only if you had previously bought an Ubisoft game, though? (I don't believe I have a single Ubi game in my library, for some reason.)

Yeah. I believe AC1 and 2 have hit $2.50 before though... AC:B Deluxe and ACR for $2.50 was pretty uncommon, but they should still be around $5 by now (or in a bundle of all/most of the games, putting them around those prices).

Basically I'm just saying, I don't think the AC prices are very good in this sale.

bZ2g3eF.png

#7140 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

Yeah. I believe AC1 and 2 have hit $2.50 before though... AC:B Deluxe and ACR for $2.50 was pretty uncommon, but they should still be around $5 by now (or in a bundle of all/most of the games, putting them around those prices).

Basically I'm just saying, I don't think the AC prices are very good in this sale.

Gotcha. I'd love to see a bundle on them... I wonder if Ubisoft would be willing to do that.