Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#7351 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Thanks Tony, def grabbing the Ticket To Ride complete Amazon pack =)

#7352 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Never heard much of Ticket to Ride before. Would you recommend it as a single player game? Sounds like it is multiplayer oriented but my schedule doesn't have room for that kind of gaming.

#7353 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Never heard much of Ticket to Ride before. Would you recommend it as a single player game? Sounds like it is multiplayer oriented but my schedule doesn't have room for that kind of gaming.

It is a digital version of a board game. You can read tons about it here:
http://boardgamegeek.../ticket-to-ride

#7354 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

As a board game Ticket to Ride is good and enjoyable. It's also an easy to learn game. No experience with the digital version. I collect but rarely play digital versions of board games. (Major exceptions being Chess & Risk.)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#7355 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

Hey guys,

FYI, some of you may have noticed that we've switched our DOTW schedule to now start on Thursdays. Starting this week (really starting last week but we transitioned during Farewell to February), we'll have the following deals running Thursday-Wednesday:
Ticket to Ride Complete Pack (base game + all the DLC we carry) - $6.49
Ticket to Ride upgrade pack (all the DLC we carry) - $3.79

Can I just say thanks so much for doing the upgrade pack?

I own the base so the full pack doesn't help me much and I always get kind of frustrated when I see a great deal on a pack with DLC if I already own the base but not the DLC when there's not a separate discount on the DLC.

mdUFwSE.png

#7356 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

+1

much thanks for the dlc pack

#7357 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Two of these packs will be mine just as soon as the puppies get to my house.

Posted Image

#7358 uqblf

uqblf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

That's great news on the Ticket to Ride sale! Wasn't sure if the Complete Pack would happen, so I got the base game during the Farewell to February sale. So thanks a lot for also putting an upgrade pack for sale!

#7359 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

Picked up TtR on Steam during some sale... definitely in for the DLC pack.

I'll be interested to see how Guns of Icarus sells since it's part of the current Indie Royale where you can get it with some other games including a Telltale adventure game for $6. Maybe you could point that out to the developer and negotiate a better price. :)
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#7360 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

Hey guys,

FYI, some of you may have noticed that we've switched our DOTW schedule to now start on Thursdays. Starting this week (really starting last week but we transitioned during Farewell to February), we'll have the following deals running Thursday-Wednesday:

Ticket to Ride Complete Pack (base game + all the DLC we carry) - $6.49

Cheers,
Tony

Sweet! Tony, you're awesome - I can't wait to pick up the Ticket to Ride pack :bouncy: Then I'll have in 3 different formats! :lol:

#7361 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

It says I have the first 2 DLCs and they have approved my pic but I don't have time right now to do all those photo challenges.

All photos can be found from Google Image search except "Spell It Out" ;)

fs_pc.png

#7362 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

All photos can be found from Google Image search except "Spell It Out" ;)

I searched my various personal photos and completed 5 of them, they haven't been approved yet tho.

#7363 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

I searched my various personal photos and completed 5 of them, they haven't been approved yet tho.

Try to upload as many challenges' photos as you can today and I am sure they will accept them all before tomorrow's launch (8 hours remaining in the US)

It is so funny that the challenges started 12 weeks ago and we knew about them few days ago lol

fs_pc.png

#7364 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

Ugh, I've emailed my receipt to the Tomb Raider Scavenger Hunt email address twice, and nothing. And still no code from Amazon. This is a major bummer.
Posted Image

#7365 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Impressed at the upgrade pack on Ticket to Ride. I hope that practice becomes more common.

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#7366 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Got all my photos submitted, none approved yet. I did 6 original and 6 I swiped from google.

#7367 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

Impressed at the upgrade pack on Ticket to Ride. I hope that practice becomes more common.

I agree, alot of companies DLC practices piss me off / make no sense at all.

Alot of companies will discount the DLC later on ALONG WITH the main game. DLC wouldn't be discounted by itself. If you already owned the game on Steam that's a real kick to the balls.

Wouldn't these companies want to be rewarding the consumers who actually purchased the product before there was any DLC with additional discounts or bonuses?

If anything there pricing strategies teach us to wait until there is a bundle of some kind with the main game and DLC until we buy there product.

#7368 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

Completely agree!

Alot of companies will discount the DLC later on ALONG WITH the main game. DLC wouldn't be discounted by itself. If you already owned the game on Steam that's a real kick to the balls.

Wouldn't these companies want to be rewarding the consumers who actually purchased the product before there was any DLC with additional discounts or bonuses?

If anything there pricing strategies teach us to wait until there is a bundle of some kind with the main game and DLC until we buy there product.

Exactly, it seems so often people are "punished" for being early adopters. I understand you get to play "the new hotness" before the people that wait. However, I hold off buying a regular game until said Super/Deluxe/Epic/Turbo/Complete/Gold/GOTY/Platinum/Diamond/Black/Definitive/Final/"we swear this is the last version"/ version. If you don't there will be DLC or an expansion and you will be kicking yourself.
If the DLC is on sale by itself when it is released and when there is a sale on the game it lessens the burn on the wallet.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7369 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

It's supposed to make sense for the businesses, NOT for the consumers.
It's about the companies trying to make as much MONEY as they can from us.

I know, this can be hard...especially if it's something you really are dying to play.

But, you really should wait for major price-drops before you really buy ANYTHING, these days. You really should wait for those who pre-order and buy the game early; and for reviews to pop out - let them be the paying Beta Testers and throw their opinions out there. ;) Doesn't hurt to wait for some patches to be put out 1st behind the game - b/c by the time a few patches hit, game might be in better condition and cheaper by then; especially in highly competitive PC digital distribution space.

Don't pre-order or buy base-games (usually not too long after release) at very expensive prices. See above paragraph again.

Be aware of companies known for these tactics - putting out lots of DLC's; Season Passes; and doing re-release Ultimate Editions in the past. If you see any of these tactics from certain dev's and publishers in the past - you probably should wait for some major price-drops before you make any sort of future purchasing.

If you know you'll get tons of mileage out of the base game itself, then..well, it's your call. I like to call this the Bethesda rule - as their base-games easily can get me over 100 hours, before I decide to buy expansions, DLC's, whatever. And I often don't care if I buy DLC as I can go along; or Re-Releases later from them - or games that can actually gave me a great deal of time (these are often RPG's). That way if you re-buy later a full-blown Re-Release w/ everything; or just buy a DLC Only Pack; or just want The Season Pass - you won't feel so bad. And make sure if you do buy what you need in a re-release - you go buy it CHEAP.

Nope. It's all about money, money, money, money. They're a BUSINESS.

BINGO.

Though, doing that is easier said than done.

Edited by MysterD, 05 March 2013 - 12:20 AM.

#7370 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

Tomb Raider Scavenger Hunt, they have now approved the 5 photos I submitted around 5-6 hours ago, just saying.

After reading the description for some of these DLCs, I'm not going to install them. They just seem like easy mode shortcuts. Oh well. I guess I still got entered into the contest.

"ANIMAL INSTINCT SKILL UPGRADE: With this upgrade animals are clearly marked, which gives players so much XP, leveling to the next skill is a breeze."

All approved now, 5/5 DLCs.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 05 March 2013 - 02:30 AM.

#7371 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

Tony, I preordered tomb raider back in Oct-Nov and my preload isnt working?

I have no code and it says the key is processing and forevermore it says wait 1-4 hours.
But it has said that for the past 3-4 days.

Edit: How is it that i still not have my code and people are downloading this off torrent sites and playing it? This is what i get for being a paid customer? Last time i ever pre order anything digitally. EXTREMELY dissatisfied.

Edited by gomikeoh, 05 March 2013 - 03:25 AM.

PC master race.

#7372 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

Well, I see it happening more often. The GOTY upgrade for Dead Island was cool, but it was over $3, when the base game has been like... $4.50. I was definitely disappointed on that one, since I've been looking forward to a sale on that.

GOTY upgrade on Dead Island for $2 = Instabuy for me.

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#7373 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:20 AM

@TONY

Do you plan to maybe do a bundle of some Anuman published adventure games?

Steam has a Syberia Bundle (containing Syberia 1 and 2) for $3.74.

I'd really like to see some of these games by Anuman-Microids in a BIG bundle or a few small bundles:
Syberia 1 & 2;
Post Mortem + Still Life 1 & 2;
Return to Mysterious Island 1 & 2;
& Sinking Island.

#7374 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

Any chance of an Assassin's Creed bundle, Tony? Seems like it's always a possibility, but it never happens.

bZ2g3eF.png

#7375 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:45 AM

After reading the description for some of these DLCs, I'm not going to install them. They just seem like easy mode shortcuts. Oh well. I guess I still got entered into the contest.

Square Eidos is getting kind of bad with the cheat-ish (in my opinion) DLCs lately. I hopped on that Steam price mistake for Sleeping Dogs a while back and grabbed all the DLC only to be annoyed to find out that some were early unlocks, extra money, overpowered items etc.

Also that Hitman Absolution professional edition comes with a dlc where 2 of the 3 guns are just early unlocks for ones you could get later through the normal course of gameplay anyway.

I found out how to remove those Sleeping Dogs DLC I didn't want by deleting certain files but getting rid of DLC once you have it on Steam is not exactly a simple obvious process so beware for those who doesn't want DLC that's giving them shortcuts and unlocks.

Any chance of an Assassin's Creed bundle, Tony? Seems like it's always a possibility, but it never happens.

:roll:

mdUFwSE.png

#7376 john_wheatly

john_wheatly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

Response from the former BHG guy, now state of Rhode Island:

Yes! I have Steam access to 38 Studios and BHG software. I made a request yesterday for 50k keys for Amazon, and am awaiting a reply.

@Tony: did the former BHG guy get back to you? i wish the keys arrive in time for this week's "deal of the week".

#7377 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:53 AM

Square Eidos is getting kind of bad with the cheat-ish (in my opinion) DLCs lately. I hopped on that Steam price mistake for Sleeping Dogs a while back and grabbed all the DLC only to be annoyed to find out that some were early unlocks, extra money, overpowered items etc.

Also that Hitman Absolution professional edition comes with a dlc where 2 of the 3 guns are just early unlocks for ones you could get later through the normal course of gameplay anyway.

I found out how to remove those Sleeping Dogs DLC I didn't want by deleting certain files but getting rid of DLC once you have it on Steam is not exactly a simple obvious process so beware for those who doesn't want DLC that's giving them shortcuts and unlocks.

:roll:

I'm not going to play Tomb Raider til Saturday so hopefully by then I can find out what these particular bonuses do, if they can be enabled/disabled, and if I want to redeem the code.

#7378 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

If i dont get my code in ~2.5 hours 12am pst aka release day of this game...There will be hell to pay.
PC master race.

#7379 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

There will be hell to pay.

:lol::lol::lol:

#7380 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

Well, I see it happening more often. The GOTY upgrade for Dead Island was cool, but it was over $3, when the base game has been like... $4.50. I was definitely disappointed on that one, since I've been looking forward to a sale on that.

GOTY upgrade on Dead Island for $2 = Instabuy for me.

I bought this with the CAGROCKS code. It was really worth it. I didn't realize how good the Ryder White DLC would be. It's much harder than the base game since you have no skill tree and nothing but the few items you find along the way. Almost felt like a classic FPS like Doom.

The story also really helped flesh out the main story.