Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#7411 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

Here is another page where it calls it just age of empires II
Hope it is the gold edition with the expansion included.

I hope that they're gonna add the first one too, but with the HD support. I want the Romans.

#7412 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

speaking of AOE2, how bout that rise of nationals digital? hint hint nudge nudge

#7413 Trace17

Trace17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

Tony, where is the ebook part of the Tomb Raider preorder? I got everything else but the kindle ebook thing. I checked my kindle app on my tablet and then checked my amazon account but there is no ebook listed in either the digital orders page or the ebook page.

I'm in this camp too. I can't find any code for it nor anything in my account.

#7414 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

I hope that they're gonna add the first one too, but with the HD support. I want the Romans.

If the game gets HD support, hopefully a patch for the retail version is made available.

#7415 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

Sorry if this was posted earlier but, what is the new Deal of the Week this thursday?

#7416 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

Sorry if this was posted earlier but, what is the new Deal of the Week this thursday?

To find Tony's messages quickly, do this:

1) Go to the first post of the thread
2) Click on Tony's screen name ("Amazon DVG Deals")
3) In the pop-up box, choose "find more posts by Amazon DVG Deals"
4) Tony's posts will pop up, in reverse order. Scroll down until you find one that looks promising.

If you did all this, here's what you'd find:

Hey guys,

FYI, some of you may have noticed that we've switched our DOTW schedule to now start on Thursdays. Starting this week (really starting last week but we transitioned during Farewell to February), we'll have the following deals running Thursday-Wednesday:

Indie Spotlight: Guns of Icarus Online - $9.99
F2P Spotlight: Champion Pack: Victory: The Age of Racing - $2.99

Enormous .EMU Pack - $9.99

Ticket to Ride Complete Pack (base game + all the DLC we carry) - $6.49
Ticket to Ride upgrade pack (all the DLC we carry) - $3.79

Cheers,
Tony

#7417 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

Or I could just check the OP, which is where announcements like this should be copied to. Or if tony doesnt want to, then enable the wiki and let xanchui do the copy/pasting at the same time he is spamming it over at Slickdeals.

#7418 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

I wonder... was the CAGROCKS code plastered all over Slickdeals?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#7419 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

Tony, where is the ebook part of the Tomb Raider preorder? I got everything else but the kindle ebook thing. I checked my kindle app on my tablet and then checked my amazon account but there is no ebook listed in either the digital orders page or the ebook page.

I'm in this camp too. I can't find any code for it nor anything in my account.

I just got an email from Amazon for "The Final Hours of Tomb Raider." but it is only available for Android devices while I have an iOS iPhone :cry:

fs_pc.png

#7420 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

Is Pathologic that horror game that everyone was raving about earlier? Because it's in the new indie gala, and I might have to pick it up if it's good.

EDIT: Well, I bought it anyway. Take this Paranormal Desura key: GZHYQ-NXANA-SGYCE-U8VG8-ZPRX0

Edited by RiseFromYourGrave, 06 March 2013 - 02:40 AM.

Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#7421 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

Totally agree. The game is awesome indeed.

TressFX is giving me many performance issues though and I hope they fix it in a patch or an AMD driver update. Not only it kills the performance but the game hangs for few seconds every minute or so

Here is a brief performance comparison:

HD 6990 Ultra and Ultimate (TressFX Off in Ultra and On in Ultimate)

1920x1080 and 5992x1080 Eyefinity with Bezel Compensation :

Spoiler

Spoiler

I tip my cap to you, sir. I'm rocking a comparatively pedestrian HD 7970 Ghz Ed OC'd to 1170, with an i5 3570K OC'd to 4.4. On Ultra (with Shadows to Normal and FXAA), I average rock-solid 60. With Ultimate (same customizations), it's 40-60 variable. As gorgeous as the hair can look, the constant juddering from the framerate changing is starting to drive me crazy. And capping it to 30 through RadeonPro caused some weird issues.
Posted Image

#7422 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:16 AM

Spoiler

I tip my cap to you, sir. I'm rocking a comparatively pedestrian HD 7970 Ghz Ed OC'd to 1170, with an i5 3570K OC'd to 4.4. On Ultra (with Shadows to Normal and FXAA), I average rock-solid 60. With Ultimate (same customizations), it's 40-60 variable. As gorgeous as the hair can look, the constant juddering from the framerate changing is starting to drive me crazy. And capping it to 30 through RadeonPro caused some weird issues.

When the game was hanging I thought it was a crash and Alt+Ctrl+Del but waiting for a few seconds (can be 10-15 seconds lol) the game would work again. Adding a 3rd GPU would make my 3 monitors loose sync and turn black within a minute so only 2 GPUs in CF are working for now. TressFX is not worth it untill they fix that issue and try to minimize the performance hit.
I've always hated nVidia for their gimmicks and now AMD seem to be doing the same lol.

What resolution do you use ?

fs_pc.png

#7423 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

I wonder... was the CAGROCKS code plastered all over Slickdeals?

I don't know if I'd say plastered, but it was on SlickDeals.

#7424 27526343157187946075

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

Spoiler

I did the benchmark on Ultimate (with TressFX off) and was getting avg 40 fps with a 2500k (OC to 4.0GHz) and a non-overclocked 560 Ti - 448 Core. Looks like they did a pretty good job to optimize the graphics.

#7425 n4tiv3

n4tiv3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

Man, I keep hearing good things about Tomb Raider. Really tempting.
Though I'm kind of hooked on Guild Wars 2 right now so I should be able to hold out for a sale. A complete Tomb Raider Pack maybe? I haven't owned/played any Tomb Raider game.

EDIT:Claimed
Also, didn't know where else to put this, but did anyone want a copy of Dungeon Defenders from the Humble Bundle? PM if interested.

Edited by n4tiv3, 06 March 2013 - 05:06 AM.

#7426 LocarionStorm

LocarionStorm

A Player of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

Yeah, the Tomb Raider pre-order situation has been kind of a mess but I am quite enjoying the game. I got my $5 credit and the Android copy of The Final Hours (luckily I have an Android tablet + phone), but the scavenger hunt thing has been not so convenient. Hope future pre-orders go smoother.

#7427 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

I did the benchmark on Ultimate (with TressFX off) and was getting avg 40 fps with a 2500k (OC to 4.0GHz) and a non-overclocked 560 Ti - 448 Core. Looks like they did a pretty good job to optimize the graphics.

Ultimate + TressFX Off = Ultra ;) :D

fs_pc.png

#7428 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

What I played of Tomb Raider is great.

Whats not so great is crashing every 15-20 minutes because I have a GTX 680.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#7429 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

Ultimate + TressFX Off = Ultra ;) :D

TresFX is a huuuuge frame-rate killer.
www.bighugenerd.com

#7430 Fozbot

Fozbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

What I played of Tomb Raider is great.

Whats not so great is crashing every 15-20 minutes because I have a GTX 680.

I was having the same issue with my GTX 670 -- then I upgraded to the lastest BETA drivers 314.14 -- and not crashed since (played couple hours straight). Hope that helps. If not -- I did tweak a couple settings too -- let me know and I'll get you the exact set-up.

#7431 jake1999

jake1999

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

How do you get the pick-up code for the tomb-raider scavenger hunt ? I had emailed them a copy of my amazon receipt to get the access code; but now it wants a 'pick-up' code ?

Ack read back in the thread and see that others have this same problem :(

You would think that when you emailed them asking for a scavenger hunt code they would also send a pick up code and/or allow you to reupload the pdf of your receipt instead of a bloody photo....

Edited by jake1999, 06 March 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#7432 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

I was having the same issue with my GTX 670 -- then I upgraded to the lastest BETA drivers 314.14 -- and not crashed since (played couple hours straight). Hope that helps. If not -- I did tweak a couple settings too -- let me know and I'll get you the exact set-up.

Thanks for the tip. I'm waiting it out though. Upgrading drivers was the first thing I did. I had seen settings that help like turning off Exclusive full screen, TressFX, Tesselation, etc. I'm just not ready to sacrifice visual quality to play the game now vs a few days when it gets fixed.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#7433 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

HD? never heard of it.

It's big news on the Steam forums. It was uncovered here: http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=517122

It seems one of the games devs now works for Valve and is rumoured to be preparing a souped up Steam version. Compatibility with modern OS's, widescreem, DX9 rather than DirectDraw.

#7434 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

I tried going back and playing AoE 2, and talk about rose colored glasses. Gameplay is so slow and grinding compared to modern RTS style games.

#7435 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

I tried going back and playing AoE 2, and talk about rose colored glasses. Gameplay is so slow and grinding compared to modern RTS style games.

I used to love building huge castles. Games between a friend and myself used to run to hours per game because we were both defensive gamers that wanted huge castles before anything else lol. Was more like playing SimCity than an RTS.

also... damn those Monkeries*!!!

*Monkeries - a place where Monks come from.

#7436 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

When the game was hanging I thought it was a crash and Alt+Ctrl+Del but waiting for a few seconds (can be 10-15 seconds lol) the game would work again. Adding a 3rd GPU would make my 3 monitors loose sync and turn black within a minute so only 2 GPUs in CF are working for now. TressFX is not worth it untill they fix that issue and try to minimize the performance hit.
I've always hated nVidia for their gimmicks and now AMD seem to be doing the same lol.

What resolution do you use ?

I'm a plain-jane 1080p kinda guy, but for less demanding games like Dishonored, I'm thinking about downsampling. But we'll see.
Posted Image

#7437 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

I used to love building huge castles. Games between a friend and myself used to run to hours per game because we were both defensive gamers that wanted huge castles before anything else lol. Was more like playing SimCity than an RTS.

I used to create 'gauntlets' and abuse the AI's pathing. Wall off my half of the map, except one small opening. Funnel them into long winding paths surrounded by towers and archers, lol. The thing was, even with all of the awesome fan made AIs, none of them I found improved the pathing logic. I also enjoyed the map that had the giant palm tree forest in the middle, with an oasis inside it. If you 'chopped' your way to the oasis, you could move trebs into range of enemies and rain down death from a protected area.

#7438 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

Or I could just check the OP, which is where announcements like this should be copied to. Or if tony doesnt want to, then enable the wiki and let xanchui do the copy/pasting at the same time he is spamming it over at Slickdeals.

Just to clarify, I no longer update the OP until the deal is live, or very close to being live on the site. I will continue to update the OP as deals go live, however, customers were contacting CS, and asking for credit because they were confused about deals in the OP not being at the advertised price.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#7439 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

Tony, I don't mean to put words in your mouth but I interpret customers to mean morons :)
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#7440 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

Hmm, well that's disappointing but not unexpected.

I kind of wish there was a good quick spot to look at for the info on the upcoming deals and just the upcoming deals without having it get lost in pages and pages of random conversation.

steam_sig.png