Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#7441 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

Just to clarify, I no longer update the OP until the deal is live, or very close to being live on the site. I will continue to update the OP as deals go live, however, customers were contacting CS, and asking for credit because they were confused about deals in the OP not being at the advertised price.

Cheers,
Tony

This is why we can't have nice things? :)

#7442 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

Just to clarify, I no longer update the OP until the deal is live, or very close to being live on the site. I will continue to update the OP as deals go live, however, customers were contacting CS, and asking for credit because they were confused about deals in the OP not being at the advertised price.

Cheers,
Tony

It's amazing how much reading we as a young society have to do in this age of technology; however it seems the reading comprehension of your average user has plummeted. Oh, the irony!

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#7443 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

Hmm, well that's disappointing but not unexpected.

I kind of wish there was a good quick spot to look at for the info on the upcoming deals and just the upcoming deals without having it get lost in pages and pages of random conversation.

We're working on an on-site solution for this, not sure how far out we are right now though.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#7444 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Tony are you going to do those black friday sales with Gamespot anymore?

#7445 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

Tony are you going to do those black friday sales with Gamespot anymore?

Good question, we're in conversation but unsure if we're going to relaunch.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#7446 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:29 AM

Good question, we're in conversation but unsure if we're going to relaunch.

Cheers,
Tony

Looking forward to more deals like those you had last year, very good prices/games. I didn't watch the show so I can't comment about it :), I was only there for the money!
PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#7447 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

Looking forward to more deals like those you had last year, very good prices/games. I didn't watch the show so I can't comment about it :), I was only there for the money!

Yeah lol, that's the primary thing we're trying to figure out, there's really not an upside for Gamespot if no one watches the show.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#7448 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

Yeah lol, that's the primary thing we're trying to figure out, there's really not an upside for Gamespot if no one watches the show.

Cheers,
Tony

I can't forgive Gamespot for that whole editing a review just because the publisher was a major advertiser thing. But that's just me. I can't take anyone seriously that destroys their credibility so obviously.

Like Cnet for example and their CBS overlords declaring that they would not allow any device their lawyers decide is pesky to be seen as great or good or useful. And especially not award winning.

If you are a review site and you let your marketing department run rampant on your reviews, then you deserve to have no one watch your shows or read your site because you have officially lost the plot.

Imo.

I think Amazon should make its own show. The Amazon Tony Show. Starring... Amazon Tony. It could come on regularly every week, discuss Amazon deals, do some interviews with people you obviously have as contacts, give hints as to what's coming in the future from them, but you can stay away from reviews. You would just act as a marketing outlet for some of these publishers/developers.

And you could do giveaways and sales on the day of the show.

The Amazon Tony Show Starring Amazon Tony Featuring Amazon Tony. Special Guest: Amazon Tony's Dog.

You know you want to. The title is awesome.

#7449 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

Cheers,
Tony

No offense meant, but that's really on Gamespot to put together an entertaining show people want to watch and to plug whatever it is they do instead of just stammering awkwardly through product descriptions.

"Forza on sale, our own (Author Name) reviewed that game (insert link to review in chat box, etc.) and he loved the game and gave it an 8.5, he said PROS and the only CONS he found were bla bla bla. Pretty gurl, what do you think so far of the few minutes you've played."

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#7450 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

No offense meant, but that's really on Gamespot to put together an entertaining show people want to watch and to plug whatever it is they do instead of just stammering awkwardly through product descriptions.

"Forza on sale, our own (Author Name) reviewed that game (insert link to review in chat box, etc.) and he loved the game and gave it an 8.5, he said PROS and the only CONS he found were bla bla bla. Pretty gurl, what do you think so far of the few minutes you've played."

You see? That's so true and yet it's not the worst thing I've ever seen. Because I watched a youtube of IGN's live playing of the single player and multiplayer for Aliens Colonial Marines. The game is crap. You can tell just from watching the developers play it. I mean, they'd shoot eggs and they'd just... disappear. There were textures missing. The multiplayer was insanely unbalanced. Even the developers couldn't make it work.

And yet IGN's guy who just got fired a week or so ago is there exclaiming, "Wow! Wow, that looks... so, so... awesome. I mean, wow! I love it. Those graphics are fantastic." People are begging them on twitter to talk about the PC version, but they don't. They dare not go near that because they know the horrible truth about every version of the game looking like crap--let alone the PC version looking worse than crap for the lack of any improvement of any value--will send buyers to the hills.

Eventually, it was a game worth watching. Listening to IGN guy continuously love on a game no one in their right would honestly enjoy. The developers were excited, though. They love the license. They have the same sound effects. They got some of the actors. Wow! IGN apparently loved it! You gotta love--and I was skipping through it after the first few minutes--how at one point the now-jobless IGN guy asks, "Hey, so... is that music the same music from Aliens?" "Yeah, I mean, no. Well, we had this guy come in and remix the music so it sorta sounds like it." When you're playing an action game with aliens and you're like, "So... yeah, is the music the same? I can't tell."

Perhaps that's your moment. Perhaps that's when you should reclaim your dignity and your respect for your viewers . You should turn to the camera and get close in with your mic and then scream in the loudest voice possible, "GAME OVER MAN! IT'S GAME OVER MAN! THIS GAME IS THE SUCK! I MEAN DON'T BUY IT! DON'T GO NEAR IT! THE BEST PART OF THE GAME IS THE MUSIC AND THAT'S NOT EVEN THE SAME SONGS SO IT'S NOT VERY GOOD! JUST STOP WATCHING THIS VIDEO AND--" and that's about where the developers would have caught him in a choke hold and suffocated him into unconsciousness.

That's when the youtube video would end abruptly.

Then when we hear that this guy was fired a month later, we'll know they did a Hugo Chavez on him. He's been dead for weeks. They just waited to give themselves some time to make a cover story.

But back to the point--I have a point!--which is that I think these bigger gaming sites and their so-called journalism is a sad joke without a good punchline.

At least with The Amazon Tony Show Starring Amazon Tony Featuring Amazon Tony and the Amazon Tony Band with Special Guest Star Amazon Tony's Dog Accompanied by a Hamster Entourage would be about deals and maybe a publisher or two just showing up and talking about what they think.

One would hope Amazon Tony would be above shilling for the game himself. He could be an impartial narrator who is above petty concerns like enjoying a game or not. Plus, Amazon Tony would an avatar of Amazon, which is a retailer who wants to SELL you games.

I'm pretty sure I know Amazon's bias because they have an entire marketing budget built around making me aware of it by filling my inbox up with really, really SUBTLE suggestions. ;)

#7451 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:15 AM

I don't know what's going on over at Gamespot. All the regular weekly shows seems to be canceled now (Where's quoted for truth?) and all I see on the video links seem to be the multi-player gaming league stuff that I don't have any interest in.

Since Amazon is creating content for their streaming, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually did their own show or have something. Maybe you can pitch something.

#7452 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:21 AM

Eh, I never like watching video reviews, unboxings, etc., so nothing realistic they offer is going to get me to watch their show.

elessar123.png

#7453 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:31 AM

I can't forgive Gamespot for that whole editing a review just because the publisher was a major advertiser thing. But that's just me. I can't take anyone seriously that destroys their credibility so obviously.

Like Cnet for example and their CBS overlords declaring that they would not allow any device their lawyers decide is pesky to be seen as great or good or useful. And especially not award winning.

If you are a review site and you let your marketing department run rampant on your reviews, then you deserve to have no one watch your shows or read your site because you have officially lost the plot.

Imo.

I think Amazon should make its own show. The Amazon Tony Show. Starring... Amazon Tony. It could come on regularly every week, discuss Amazon deals, do some interviews with people you obviously have as contacts, give hints as to what's coming in the future from them, but you can stay away from reviews. You would just act as a marketing outlet for some of these publishers/developers.

And you could do giveaways and sales on the day of the show.

The Amazon Tony Show Starring Amazon Tony Featuring Amazon Tony. Special Guest: Amazon Tony's Dog.

You know you want to. The title is awesome.

yea i agree lol but it should be super amazon tony

#7454 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

Any deals this month? Or likely to be fairly quiet?
Posted Image

#7455 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

Hey guys,

FYI, some of you may have noticed that we've switched our DOTW schedule to now start on Thursdays. Starting this week (really starting last week but we transitioned during Farewell to February), we'll have the following deals running Thursday-Wednesday:

Indie Spotlight: Guns of Icarus Online - $9.99
F2P Spotlight: Champion Pack: Victory: The Age of Racing - $2.99

Enormous .EMU Pack - $9.99

Ticket to Ride Complete Pack (base game + all the DLC we carry) - $6.49
Ticket to Ride upgrade pack (all the DLC we carry) - $3.79

Cheers,
Tony

Well, first of all, I'm pretty excited about the .EMU and Ticket to Ride packs, both an insta-buy for me. With that said, these deals look like they're a pretty nice indication that this month won't be too quiet. ;)

Unless by quiet you mean no deals on mainstream games, in which case I can't say.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#7456 CthulhuSaves

CthulhuSaves

Slack Shatnerologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

Hey, just a heads-up. I stopped by the Deal of the Week page to see if anything had changed and noticed that they'd added Poker Night at the Inventory for $2.49. I'd previously seen the video on Steam and thought it looked hilarious, so methinks I'm gonna jump on this one if I can spare it (trying to save enough for the Ticket to Ride bundle, as I'm a big fan of the board game). If you haven't seen this one, go watch the vid. It'll at least give you a giggle.

Note that there are three different entries, one for the Online Game Code and two other apparently identical Download entries for it that are $4.49 and contain two poker games, so be careful you don't click the wrong one.

Oh, and from what I've read, it has TF2 items you can win from the other players and actually use in the game (one would assume that feature only exists in the Steam version). I don't play TF2, but that's actually pretty funny.

#7457 27526343157187946075

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

Any update on the Steam keys for Kingdoms of Amalur?

#7458 Atlantik00

Atlantik00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

Hey guys,

FYI, some of you may have noticed that we've switched our DOTW schedule to now start on Thursdays. Starting this week (really starting last week but we transitioned during Farewell to February), we'll have the following deals running Thursday-Wednesday:

Indie Spotlight: Guns of Icarus Online - $9.99
F2P Spotlight: Champion Pack: Victory: The Age of Racing - $2.99

Enormous .EMU Pack - $9.99

Ticket to Ride Complete Pack (base game + all the DLC we carry) - $6.49
Ticket to Ride upgrade pack (all the DLC we carry) - $3.79

Cheers,
Tony

Link to Ticket to Ride?

#7459 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:29 AM

Hey, just a heads-up. I stopped by the Deal of the Week page to see if anything had changed and noticed that they'd added Poker Night at the Inventory for $2.49. I'd previously seen the video on Steam and thought it looked hilarious, so methinks I'm gonna jump on this one if I can spare it (trying to save enough for the Ticket to Ride bundle, as I'm a big fan of the board game). If you haven't seen this one, go watch the vid. It'll at least give you a giggle.

I'd just watch Youtube videos and skip the game. I own it, I hate it. It runs like crap, the interface is awkward, it just doesnt play very well for a poker game. The dialog is all that is entertaining, and again, its all on youtube.

#7460 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Hmmmmm, how about post #29? That can be the *secret* post that only regular readers would know about because its on page 2, and you could keep it updated . . .

#7461 Luckz

Luckz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

Why is the NZA 4pack $15 oO

#7462 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

Why is the NZA 4pack $15 oO

Wow, no clue, but I can confirm you do get 4 codes with purchase :hot:

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#7463 CthulhuSaves

CthulhuSaves

Slack Shatnerologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

I'd just watch Youtube videos and skip the game. I own it, I hate it. It runs like crap, the interface is awkward, it just doesnt play very well for a poker game. The dialog is all that is entertaining, and again, its all on youtube.

I dunno, almost every review I've read was overwhelmingly positive, typically just noting the initial steep learning curve and that it's worth getting past it. (Subsequent comments and forum posts tend to focus on begging for DLC or new installments with other characters).

Wow, no clue, but I can confirm you do get 4 codes with purchase :hot:

I'm guessing you're not talking about this? :lol:

#7464 Luckz

Luckz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

I'm guessing you're not talking about this? :lol:

Yeah, that.

I PM'd Tony :z

#7465 Mippo

Mippo

One and Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

So had my first very bad experience with Amazon today and was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them and what recourse I have. Figured I'd ask here since we're in between deals right now :) I ordered a PS3 Accessory licensed by Sony from a seller (Fulfilled by Amazon). What I received was a cheap Chinese knock-off (not the advertised product), which specifically states on the packaging it has nothing to do with Sony and they typed PS3 like this: p-s3.

From what I'm seeing though Amazon wants me to pay return shipping to send it back? Why would I have to pay the return shipping on an obvious scam attempt? Is that really Amazon's customer service or am I missing something? I'm just in shock if that's really the case.

#7466 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

So had my first very bad experience with Amazon today and was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them and what recourse I have. Figured I'd ask here since we're in between deals right now :) I ordered a PS3 Accessory licensed by Sony from a seller (Fulfilled by Amazon). What I received was a cheap Chinese knock-off (not the advertised product), which specifically states on the packaging it has nothing to do with Sony and they typed PS3 like this: p-s3.

From what I'm seeing though Amazon wants me to pay return shipping to send it back? Why would I have to pay the return shipping on an obvious scam attempt? Is that really Amazon's customer service or am I missing something? I'm just in shock if that's really the case.

I don't know if they changed it, but usually their policy is if the error is due to them then they pay for the return shipping. The issue here might be that since this is only fulfilled by Amazon, this is still technically a marketplace item from a marketplace seller so they might be asking you to pay return shipping. That's only a guess. If you've spoken to Amazon CS and they have told you that then they might not have understood the issue and you might want to contact them again about it.

#7467 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

Chose the RMA option, one of the dropdowns should indicate that the item is counterfeit or something like that. I've had to return something because of that, but it was a direct sale from Amazon.

#7468 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

Since DOTW starts on Thursdays now, do the new deals still go live from 12-1am PST? I'm not seeing either of the Ticket to Ride bundles yet.
Sign up for GreenManGaming using my link and get $2 credit when you spend $2 or more!

#7469 tmwfte

tmwfte

Lovecraftian Colour Out of Space

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Since DOTW starts on Thursdays now, do the new deals still go live from 12-1am PST? I'm not seeing either of the Ticket to Ride bundles yet.

The other ones have, just not the TtR packs.

#7470 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

Apparently Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 4 Pack was $15 today