Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#7471 osso1

osso1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

Apparently Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 4 Pack was $15 today

Just picked it up from SqueeMK2

In the Steam Trade Thread

Great deal for $3.75

He should have a few left

#7472 ChunkyBitz

ChunkyBitz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

So had my first very bad experience with Amazon today and was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them and what recourse I have. Figured I'd ask here since we're in between deals right now :) I ordered a PS3 Accessory licensed by Sony from a seller (Fulfilled by Amazon). What I received was a cheap Chinese knock-off (not the advertised product), which specifically states on the packaging it has nothing to do with Sony and they typed PS3 like this: p-s3.

From what I'm seeing though Amazon wants me to pay return shipping to send it back? Why would I have to pay the return shipping on an obvious scam attempt? Is that really Amazon's customer service or am I missing something? I'm just in shock if that's really the case.

I recently had a "Fulfilled by Amazon" seller ship me what was supposed to be a Cree Q5 flashlight & bicycle mount, but the flashlight was about 1/10th the brightness of a real Q5 and I could look in through the lens and see that the LED was a counterfeit (I own another Q5, so it was obvious). I processed the return on Amazon's website, and specified that it was "not as described" (if I remember correctly) and explained in the text that it was obviously a counterfeit item. They paid for the return shipping, no questions asked.

I suspect that you may have chosen the wrong reason for returning the item, as there are reasons where they will not pay the return shipping charge (like if you just changed your mind about ordering the item). If I were you, I'd contact Customer Service again and I'm sure they'll get everything straightened out for you. Amazon's customer service is pretty much the best in the industry.

#7473 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

If the game gets HD support, hopefully a patch for the retail version is made available.

it exist!
http://www.forgottenempires.net/

I'm gonna reinstall it right now!
Spoiler

#7474 ChunkyBitz

ChunkyBitz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

Yeah lol, that's the primary thing we're trying to figure out, there's really not an upside for Gamespot if no one watches the show.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony, I think the big problem there was the time the show was streamed...if I recall correctly, it was 5 PM Eastern / 2 PM Pacific. Everybody is at work or commuting at that time (except for school-age kids, and even them in the western timezones). It made no sense considering that all of the deals were time-sensitive. I'd recommend that it be streamed around 9 PM Eastern / 6 PM Pacific if Gamespot wants to get people to watch.

Also, it was one of the worst-produced shows that I've ever seen. Was it actually streamed live? If so, there was no reason for it to be...it could have been recorded in advance and edited to be much more watchable before they streamed it. It was really pretty bad...it had that live QVC-flavor to it. Not that it made the deals bad, however...I picked up on several of them, and I hope it does come back later this year.

#7475 Atlantik00

Atlantik00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

I am not seeing Ticket to Ride bundle anywhere on the site :(

#7476 dilemna

dilemna

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

I recently had a "Fulfilled by Amazon" seller ship me what was supposed to be a Cree Q5 flashlight & bicycle mount, but the flashlight was about 1/10th the brightness of a real Q5 and I could look in through the lens and see that the LED was a counterfeit (I own another Q5, so it was obvious). I processed the return on Amazon's website, and specified that it was "not as described" (if I remember correctly) and explained in the text that it was obviously a counterfeit item. They paid for the return shipping, no questions asked.

I suspect that you may have chosen the wrong reason for returning the item, as there are reasons where they will not pay the return shipping charge (like if you just changed your mind about ordering the item). If I were you, I'd contact Customer Service again and I'm sure they'll get everything straightened out for you. Amazon's customer service is pretty much the best in the industry.

Agreed. Return shipping is paid by amazon if filed correctly. Never had an issue with Amazon CS, always been top quality.

#7477 MySaturdaySelf

MySaturdaySelf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

so no more new deals this sunday?
leftover cheap steam keys from bundles? i'm buying --> https://docs.google....sted=true&pli=1

#7478 tritangle

tritangle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Wow, that's pretty bad that Amazon would fulfill us with counterfeits.
I always thought "Fulfilled by Amazon" meant that it is shipped by Amazon and therefore someone at Amazon would have checked out the lot to ensure accurate description.
Do they change the description or get rid of the counterfeit product after receiving complaints?

#7479 cyrus386

cyrus386

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

I'm interested in the .EMU pack, but from what I can tell it looks like they don't redeem on Steam. Can anyone confirm this?

#7480 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

I always thought "Fulfilled by Amazon" meant that it is shipped by Amazon and therefore someone at Amazon would have checked out the lot to ensure accurate description.
Do they change the description or get rid of the counterfeit product after receiving complaints?

With the tens of thousands of sellers using "Fulfilled by Amazon", I highly doubt Amazon can check any of the items. It is shipped by Amazon since Amazon has a very large business now selling their warehouse space to sellers and helping process orders (ship them). Think eBay, but with Amazon doing the shipping.

Best bet is to contact the seller and they will get you sorted out since getting a lot of bad feedback I think can get you shut down by Amazon...

#7481 Deques

Deques

CAG Noob Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

I'm interested in the .EMU pack, but from what I can tell it looks like they don't redeem on Steam. Can anyone confirm this?

None of the games are available in steam

#7482 dilemna

dilemna

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

Often the person is banned from amazon for selling counterfeit products. the majority of people cant be bothered with sending stuff back which is why they do it.

#7483 cyrus386

cyrus386

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

None of the games are available in steam

Okay, this is a pass for me then. Thanks!

#7484 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

Okay, this is a pass for me then. Thanks!

They're not even on Steam....

#7485 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Also, it was one of the worst-produced shows that I've ever seen. Was it actually streamed live? If so, there was no reason for it to be...it could have been recorded in advance and edited to be much more watchable before they streamed it. It was really pretty bad...it had that live QVC-flavor to it.

One of the worst 15 minutes of my life was the time I came home to find the TV on a shopping channel, and the remote was nowhere to be found. (It actually took me longer than that to find the remote, but my brain apparently needed 15 minutes of abuse before remembering that I could manually turn the TV off while searching.) :drool:

I wouldn't want to watch any program that exists solely to shill products. Reviews (provided they're honest and not completely one-sided) can be entertaining, as can interviews with developers. It should be possible to create a show that would be fun to watch, but such a show might take more resources than Gamespot wants to spend.

#7486 CthulhuSaves

CthulhuSaves

Slack Shatnerologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Enormous .EMU pack is active (non-Steam, though). Again, for some reason, there are two instances of it, but they seem to be identical, not variants.

#7487 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

it exist!
http://www.forgottenempires.net/

Nice-looking unofficial patch and expansion. Interesting. Thanks.

#7488 cyrus386

cyrus386

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

They're not even on Steam....

Ha! Didn't think to check that. Oops...

#7489 TheHeretic

TheHeretic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Is the Ticket to Ride Complete Pack deal still a go?

#7490 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

Tony just updated the OP, so yes.
Posted Image

#7491 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

Hmmmmm, how about post #29? That can be the *secret* post that only regular readers would know about because its on page 2, and you could keep it updated . . .

This isn't a bad idea...

Why is the NZA 4pack $15 oO

Wow, no clue, but I can confirm you do get 4 codes with purchase :hot:

Thanks for the heads up, the hamsters changed the price incorrectly and then wouldn't get back on the wheel to change it back...also the reason for the delayed OP update :(.

Since DOTW starts on Thursdays now, do the new deals still go live from 12-1am PST? I'm not seeing either of the Ticket to Ride bundles yet.

The other ones have, just not the TtR packs.

I am not seeing Ticket to Ride bundle anywhere on the site :(

Tony just updated the OP, so yes.

Ticket to Ride is now live!

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#7492 tmwfte

tmwfte

Lovecraftian Colour Out of Space

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Thank you, Tony!

#7493 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

Just bought the Ticket to Ride upgrade pack with the DLC. Thanks again for doing that promotion for those of us who have the base game already.

steam_sig.png

#7494 Mippo

Mippo

One and Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

Update on my counterfeit Amazon experience. I contacted customer service this morning and they issued me a full refund and I don't have to send the item back in. I requested they forward my complaint to the investigations department for counterfeits, as the seller I purchased from is still listed as the primary seller when you go to the item page (Fulfilled by Amazon). If you read the 1 star reviews for the item (I didn't, as the item had over 200 5 star reviews) they all say the same thing, received counterfeit items so apparently this has been going on for quite some time and the reviews go back a few months.

The seller that was selling the counterfeits is a large seller, with over 5,000 reviews, 94% rating. I ended up re-purchasing the same item for a little bit more from Amazon directly, and not a Fulfilled by Amazon so we'll see how that goes. I would definitely not call this "best in the business" customer service, as it definitely looks like Amazon has been selling counterfeits of this item for months and not taking it seriously. All in all I'd give Amazon 3.5/5 and now I know you can receive counterfeit items even if purchased and Fulfilled by Amazon :)

#7495 monkeyz

monkeyz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony,

I got a question for you. Any chance we are going to see a fire sale on the rest of THQ's library before the April 1st auction of the remaining IP they hold? I see gamestop is currently running 50% off all THQ digital downloads or more here. http://impulsedriven...it&cid=soc_iTW1

Just curious if this is something per chance we might see you do or is that not going to be possible? I'm mostly interested in a deal on MX vs ATV reflex before that changes over hands, if not I might have to pick it up from them for $9.99. Thanks in advance and nice deal of the week, keep up the good work.

-monkeyz

#7496 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

Tony, you need to change the title of the Ticket to Ride DLC in your listing. It does not show up if you do a ticket to ride search. I had to use your link to find it, which basically limits it's visibility to CAG only.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#7497 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

Update on my counterfeit Amazon experience. I contacted customer service this morning and they issued me a full refund and I don't have to send the item back in. I requested they forward my complaint to the investigations department for counterfeits, as the seller I purchased from is still listed as the primary seller when you go to the item page (Fulfilled by Amazon). If you read the 1 star reviews for the item (I didn't, as the item had over 200 5 star reviews) they all say the same thing, received counterfeit items so apparently this has been going on for quite some time and the reviews go back a few months.

The seller that was selling the counterfeits is a large seller, with over 5,000 reviews, 94% rating. I ended up re-purchasing the same item for a little bit more from Amazon directly, and not a Fulfilled by Amazon so we'll see how that goes. I would definitely not call this "best in the business" customer service, as it definitely looks like Amazon has been selling counterfeits of this item for months and not taking it seriously. All in all I'd give Amazon 3.5/5 and now I know you can receive counterfeit items even if purchased and Fulfilled by Amazon :)

I'm sorry, and this has what to do with PC digital downloads?

Look, I feel for your situation but could you try to post in the appropriate threads at least?

steam_sig.png

#7498 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Thanks Tony -- heard good things about Ticket To Ride so I'm totally on board for this offer.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7499 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

I'm sorry, and this has what to do with PC digital downloads?

Look, I feel for your situation but could you try to post in the appropriate threads at least?

I don't see a general Amazon thread on this forum, so I can kinda understand why he posted here.

Getting back on subject, this will probably be the second time I've bought Ticket To Ride on PC, since I own the original PC version they did many years ago.
Posted Image

#7500 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Not really a fan of online petitions, but Ticket to Ride has no hot seat or MP hotseat option in the PC version. Here's a petition to nudge the developers into rethinking their stance not to add it:

http://www.ipetition...seat/signatures