Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#7891 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Sorry, no comment. Since I already own RR:U this pack loses most of it's appeal. Taking a quick look into MUD... It looks like Dirt 3 but plays very very arcady (including bashing other riders and then slamming a Monster energy drink). I'd guess it might be more arcadey than Mad Riders (which is an enjoyable game, and largely achieves what it set out to do, though it also it firmly a notch below AAA).

The best two reviews I saw on MUD are
Eurogamer
ConsoleMonster

I'd be interested in picking it up sometime for $5 or less.

:( @ Ashes not playing this.
But, you're supposed to play everything that involved racing, hehe. ;) j/k.
Thanks for the info and reviews on this, Ashes.

Anyone else actually play this MUD FIM Motocross yet?

EDIT:

Actually, yes. It's akin to buying a game for 50% off on Steam during the Summer Sale when you know that it's going to be a daily deal for 75% before the sale is over. It's gonna be cheaper.

Another thing with Amazon bundle pricing is that they will run a bundle (for example, the EA Storming/Burning Bundle) for one price, and then a month later run it for cheaper. It's fairly worthless to buy a bundle when it's at a relatively high price (by Amazon's standards) when you can get that same bundle for cheaper in a couple months... unless you REALLY want to play the games in it immediately.

Not saying that this bundle or other bundles aren't still great deals, it's just smarter to wait, since most of us have massive backlogs and won't get around to these games before the bundle repeats for a lower price.

(Note that there are some rare exceptions, like the $9.99 Squeenix bundle, which Tony expressly said "Will never be happening again".)

Agreed, although ironically MUD is the game I want most out of the bundle (I think).

Tony actually encourages input on what price customers "would have" bought it for. Basically, I would have probably bit on this bundle for $10, as would have MysterD I believe.

Oh, hell yes - I'd be all over this Namco Cars, Jets & Bikes Bundle if it were $10.
No doubt about that.

#7892 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

No... but I have a key that I'm trying to sell for $5. :lol:

Selling Steam keys: Pixeljunk Eden (Cards) $0.75 & Orcs Must Die 2 - Complete Pack (Cards) $1.24 (Or both for $1.75.)

I'm also taking reservations for my Indie Gala August group buy! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#7893 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

I bought the game on release and it is pretty lackluster.

Very poor bike handling and poor AI.

Steer clear unless you are a diehard motocross fan.

#7894 monkeyz

monkeyz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

Yes actually, I just put in about 25 minutes so I'll give you a mini review of what I have seen thus far, the good news is I"m still willing to play it after 25 minutes anyways on to the mini review.
Spoiler

Hope that helps people in making a decision. Again just my thoughts from the inital impressions. Take care, hope that wasn't too much of a wall of text. :D

#7895 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Oh, hell yes - I'd be all over this Namco Cars, Jets & Bikes Bundle if it were $10.
No doubt about that.

I got it for $10 because I had a $5 Amazon GC from Bing Rewards. It was a no brainer for me because I almost bought RR by itself for around $10 a couple of times. Though I do still need the DLC now. I want to play as a hearse dammit! :lol:

If you guys don't do Bing Rewards I'd recommend going for it. You can get about 16 or so rewards credit per day and then once you get 475 you can get a $5 Amazon gift card credit by email. It takes a while but free is free.

I have my daily routines one of them is going to Bing Rewards, another is the free Amazon Android App of the Day.

Actually, a free PC game of the day would not be a bad idea. Could be a good way to get this crowd to check out some of the many, many casual games Amazon sells. HINT HINT ;)

#7896 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

So, here's an interesting fuckup in the continuing saga of fuckups at ea over simcity.

http://m.neogaf.com/...ad.php?t=524877

Apparently a limited amount of people are seeing the game disappear from their origin accounts (seems to be a very small, few issue at least) and when contacted, EA claims that the retailer that sold the key did a chargeback and that's why they removed the key and resold it to someone else.

The only problem is that neither the customer nor the retailer (amazon in this case) ever requested a chargeback of the funds.

Amazon issued refunds to their customers after the fact but I have to wonder what kind of effect this has on amazons relationship with ea. after they basically cut Nintendo off from selling hardware there, maybe amazon will stop selling ea's always online only games.. Lol

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#7897 Stickman08

Stickman08

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Steam decided to break the silence first.
KoA is on sale for 50% off.

#7898 Talk.Nerdy.To.Me

Talk.Nerdy.To.Me

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

WOW....$15 for base and $25 for the collection...

#7899 Papytendo

Papytendo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

it's a miracle

too bad I already technically bought the game twice for less than the collection

#7900 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

So Tony can you tell us with the Amazon pricing for Amalur Steam keys is planned to be and if it will include DLC, preferably in the next 24 hours so I can decide if I want to hop on this rare Steam sale for Amalur or not?

#7901 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

So Tony can you tell us with the Amazon pricing for Amalur Steam keys is planned to be and if it will include DLC, preferably in the next 24 hours so I can decide if I want to hop on this rare Steam sale for Amalur or not?

Exactly what I was about to ask.

#7902 JamesJoyce

JamesJoyce

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Guys, isn't this clear: they are going on sale on a higher price first, and then sell for cheap on amazon. Same thing always happens with prominent indie games right before they end up in a humble bundle.

#7903 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Guys, isn't this clear: they are going on sale on a higher price first, and then sell for cheap on amazon. Same thing always happens with prominent indie games right before they end up in a humble bundle.

Yes but given the history of lack of sales for this game I just want to clarify and not risk missing a chance at it.

He also never answered (that I recall seeing) when I asked if they were going to get Steam keys for the DLC and if that was going on sale too. I want to make sure I get the DLC in addition to the base.

#7904 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

If the game it's on sale once then it will be on sale more times for a better price. Won't be bitting this time. I may be wrong but I still haven't activated the Origin keys so no loss there. And something tells me Tony it's gonna do his magic and it's gonna give us a sale for a much better price.

Tretton.png

#7905 indef

indef

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Yes but given the history of lack of sales for this game I just want to clarify and not risk missing a chance at it.

He also never answered (that I recall seeing) when I asked if they were going to get Steam keys for the DLC and if that was going on sale too. I want to make sure I get the DLC in addition to the base.

It's 75% off @ gmg right now (Origin key), so maybe history is being rewritten!

#7906 27526343157187946075

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Holy shiiiiiiit, woke up to see Kingdoms of Amalur on Steam, ON SALE. WHAT IS GOING ON.

#7907 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

If anybody is interested, I have Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Collection (Steam) for $20 and Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Edition (Steam) for $25

Waiting anxiously for XCOM EU tomorrow on Amazon :)

fs_pc.png

#7908 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

It's 75% off @ gmg right now (Origin key), so maybe history is being rewritten!

No that is the Origin version and it always goes on sale. No DLC on sale there either.

I'm specifically interested in the Steam version with the two story DLC.

#7909 puffy

puffy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

i want only dlc as well
i have base KOA already

so Tony will we see a dlc bundle or individual discounts for dlc from amazon?

Edited by puffy, 16 March 2013 - 07:35 PM.

#7910 Metroidman

Metroidman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

I bet you people start asking about KoA less from Tony now :D

#7911 27526343157187946075

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

I bet you people start asking about KoA less from Tony now :D

I'm really curious if the Amazon deal will be more than 50%. I REALLY want this and I'm tempted to buy the collection on Steam right now.

#7912 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

I'm really curious if the Amazon deal will be more than 50%. I REALLY want this and I'm tempted to buy the collection on Steam right now.

They gotta get the game before there are any deals. I imagine and I'm just speculating....that Tonys contact with the people that hold the publishing rights to Amalur on Steam, and getting Steam keys from them, are why the games in on sale right now on Steam. I imagine, nobody at Steam knew who to contact in regards to it and Tony (via Mooby) got the ball rolling.

#7913 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Begun the Amalur wars have.

#7914 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Anybody remember what the cheapest price was that Amazon had the Amalur pack?

Obviously the previous Amalur sales have been with the EA published version, so we can't expect them automatically do the same sale. But whatever the price was, it's probably the low water mark for what we might be able to expect.

#7915 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Let's hope Steam doesnt steal too many sales from Tony's hard work

Obviously the previous Amalur sales have been with the EA published version, so we can't expect them automatically do the same sale. But whatever the price was, it's probably the low water mark for what we might be able to expect.

I believe lowest price on Amazon was $12 for the complete pack.
Edit: lowest (before coupon) price was $11.99 for Complete Bundle on 11/26/12

It may have been $10 or lower after publisher coupon in December, but I'm not sure.

Edited by jatan11t, 16 March 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#7916 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

The last bundle was like $15 ( pre coupon). cant remember before that
Posted Image

#7917 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Let's hope Steam doesnt steal too many sales from Tony's hard work

That's basically what happened here. When Tony's guy went to ask Steam for keys they started negotiating with him.

#7918 Armaly

Armaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

How about a Bully steam key for $5? Who's with me?

#7919 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

Game's been on sale a bajillion times but I guess a bajillion + one can't hurt.

#7920 2wicked

2wicked

Game Hoarder Extraordinaire!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

So the news on the net is Amazon UK has Mortal Kombat (9) GOTY UK (PC DVD) preorder for june. Hopefully WB will give us a US PCDD!