Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#781 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

It's an interactive movie...

That's pretty much how I felt too.

#782 cskcsk

cskcsk

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Please do consider bringing back the dow pack deal.

#783 starman9000

starman9000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Yeah I was confused about this too since I already had Retribution before. I gave that giftable copy to a member here but hasn't gotten back to me whether or not it includes the base game campaign or whether it just uses retribution as a launcher for The Last Stand.

I'm confused about it all really. :-#

Hey there, I booted it up and it only allows you to play the Last Stand (online co-op), Campaign and MP can't be selected.

Still, thanks for the freebie. :)
"Just give me the cheapass games mmmmkay!!"

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=51530

#784 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

I have no qualms with interactive movies. Some of my favorite games of all time are considered "interactive movies"

Hey there, I booted it up and it only allows you to play the Last Stand (online co-op), Campaign and MP can't be selected.

Still, thanks for the freebie. :)

Ah, good to know. Hope this clears it up for people.

#785 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

absolutely hating TWD gameplay wise
story is alright when not completely predictable..goty my ass

TWD is basically a game w/ just A LOT of decision-making; a fair amount of easy-puzzles; and a few shooting sequences.
I was fine w/ that.

The story, characters, and plot were absolutely fantastic, IMHO.

#786 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

I'd love to know the same.
Deadlight and Mark of the Ninja are something I'm so hoping burns more of my EC Coupons. :D

I'm more interested in AoE 3 (10 before coupons? like the dow pack?) and a paradox bundle...

TWD is basically a game w/ just A LOT of decision-making; a fair amount of easy-puzzles; and a few shooting sequences.
I was fine w/ that.

The story, characters, and plot were absolutely fantastic, IMHO.

It's a washed out point n' click adventure game, with really really easy puzzle. Too bad that the ending one way or another it's always the same.
Better than the tv show, worse than the comics.

#787 baron calamity

baron calamity

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Any chance that Assassin's Creed 3 will be on sale before the month is over?

#788 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

So for those who've played DoW before:

I have the first GOTY from the THQ bundle, but now have the 2nd and all the expansions. Should I play them straight up in order or skip the first? Thoughts?
Posted Image

#789 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

unless im reading it wrong.. did the DOW Pack end up to have steam keys for all the games (including DOW1 which I understand did NOT have the keys?)

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#790 JamesJoyce

JamesJoyce

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Dawn of War Gold and Dawn of War Dark Crusade are NOT steam keys, the rest are.
At least that's how it turned out for me.

#791 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

I'm sure people will disagree, but I think Titan Quest can be reasonably considered the pinnacle of the genre. Not only did it do everything right, it has so much more character and history tied to it as opposed to other ARPGs. Google around and find a camera rotation mod and the fan patch that includes the dye pack with it (allows you to choose from tons of different character skins).

The game is absolutely amazing; I have it DRM-free and Steam now.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I have the first GOTY from the THQ bundle, but now have the 2nd and all the expansions. Should I play them straight up in order or skip the first? Thoughts?

If you're a fan of campaigns, pick either 1 or 2 and play them sequentially. Each has a story but they're not really well-connected between DoW and DoW II. So it may really just depend on whether you like your gameplay as more traditional RTS (DoW 1) or RTT (real-time tactical--DoW II).

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#792 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

dow and expansions are a different syle game compared to dow2 and its expansions. dow has more traditional rts gameplay, base building/unit creation, it treats resources differently also. dow2 is a squad based rts/strategy game.
they are both good imo just different types of games. I have not played through any of the expansions for either game.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#793 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

It is superfluous, but it is ALSO the wrong key. It's advertised as the Last Standalone Wargear DLC Pack, but gives The Last Standalone instead.

I think it is the description that is wrong, not the key.

See the other DLC pack here: http://www.amazon.co...ef=dsvbl_item_1

This one says it includes the Wargear DLC.

#794 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

I think it is the description that is wrong, not the key.

See the other DLC pack here: http://www.amazon.co...ef=dsvbl_item_1

This one says it includes the Wargear DLC.

well the description doesnt match the key. whether were saying the key is wrong or the description is wrong, the end result is the same.

Posted Image

#795 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Tony, it seems we got the incorrect codes with our DoW franchise packs. Instead of the Last Stand DLC, people received codes for Last Standalone, which if you installed in the proper order means that code is wasted and can't be activated (as Last Stand is included in Retribution) Any chance you could look into this for us?

The Retribution DLC pack has the wargear in it. The Last Standalone isn't the wrong key, it is just superfluous.

It is superfluous, but it is ALSO the wrong key. It's advertised as the Last Standalone Wargear DLC Pack, but gives The Last Standalone instead.

So I just activated this in the following order:

1. DoW II Retribution
2. DoW II Last Standalone DLC Pack

When I did so item number 2 registered as a DLC pack, not just the last standalone.

Are you saying this is different than what you experienced? Trying to write a summary to the team and want to make sure I'm not mis communicating something.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#796 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

So I just activated this in the following order:

1. DoW II Retribution
2. DoW II Last Standalone DLC Pack

When I did so item number 2 registered as a DLC pack, not just the last standalone.

Are you saying this is different than what you experienced? Trying to write a summary to the team and want to make sure I'm not mis communicating something.

Cheers,
Tony

yes, there is no dlc pack. the items listed on the last standalone dlc pack do not appear in game. according to my account page I activated only a retail copy of the last standalone from that key.

P.S. get this shit sorted and play tsw.

Posted Image

#797 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

So, my question didn't get answered yesterday, so I'll reask it. In the Dragon Age pack, is Awakenings a part of the DLC key or is it part of the base game key? I want it as part of the DLC key because I already own the base game on Origin.
Posted Image

#798 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

yes, there is no dlc pack. the items listed on the last standalone dlc pack do not appear in game. according to my account page I activated only a retail copy of the last standalone from that key.

P.S. get this shit sorted and play tsw.

lol I play TSW on the T.V. in the living room and my roommate is still sleeping (works late at Starbucks). I'll be on later today once she's up and around, don't want to be a jerk and wake her up though.

I'll be diving into TWD in the meantime :).

Also, just updated the team on the DoW stuff, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#799 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

dow and expansions are a different syle game compared to dow2 and its expansions. dow has more traditional rts gameplay, base building/unit creation, it treats resources differently also. dow2 is a squad based rts/strategy game.
they are both good imo just different types of games. I have not played through any of the expansions for either game.

Hmm. Well I just marathoned the SC2 campaign recently, so perhaps DoW2 would be a nice change of pace then. So long as it won't ruin DoW1 for me later. Thanks for the input guys!'

I wholeheartedly agree.

If you're a fan of campaigns, pick either 1 or 2 and play them sequentially. Each has a story but they're not really well-connected between DoW and DoW II. So it may really just depend on whether you like your gameplay as more traditional RTS (DoW 1) or RTT (real-time tactical--DoW II).

I'm weird and play these types of games almost exclusively for the campaign.
Posted Image

#800 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

So, my question didn't get answered yesterday, so I'll reask it. In the Dragon Age pack, is Awakenings a part of the DLC key or is it part of the base game key? I want it as part of the DLC key because I already own the base game on Origin.

I bought it 2 years ago from Amazon and my recollection was Awakenings is on the base key and not the DLC one.

I can tell you that the only key that registers on Origin is the main one (not the DLC one) and that when you register that key there it gets in your account as the Ultimate Edition with the picture showing both games together as one entry. Origin does sell them separately as well, but the Amazon key registers as the unified Ultimate edition there which is base + Awakenings together.

The DLC key at the time I entered into the Bioware account, which I believe has been merged into Origin now, and that added Return the Ostargar, Leiliana's Song, etc etc but NOT Awakenings to my account.

I know that with digital downloads it's all downloadable content for addons but in terms of EA's eyes I think they are seeing Awakenings as an expansion and not a DLC.

If you have vanilla DA:O you should still be able to add the Amazon UE key to your Origin account and you'll get Awakenings that way, but you won't get a separate key for it and you may need to reinstall the whole thing, not sure on that last point.

mdUFwSE.png

#801 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Bleh. I was afraid of that when I looked at it last night. I hate wasting game keys like that...

I was hoping I was going to hear more options from Amazon at this point, but again I'm in a position where I have to make a decision without knowing what is coming. Two coupons, and still hoping that one of them will be used for Crusader Kings II, but no sign a deal will happen.
Posted Image

#802 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

If you have vanilla DA:O you should still be able to add the Amazon UE key to your Origin account and you'll get Awakenings that way, but you won't get a separate key for it and you may need to reinstall the whole thing, not sure on that last point.

That all depends on whether there's a different download file that's distributed for people downloading DA:O or DA:O Ultimate Edition from Origin. For example, on Steam Saints Row 3 only has 1 version of the game that's downloaded. You could register a key for SR3 base game, then if you decide to activate SR3 The Full Package it will just eat the base game copy of the The Full Package and give you the DLC for the copy you have, but you'll notice that you didn't have to download anything else to get the DLC stuff, which means the DLC was downloaded alongside the base game and was just sitting there waiting to be activated.

#803 Soul0Reaper

Soul0Reaper

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

wish you could extend the dow pack deal :(

#804 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

I can tell you that the only key that registers on Origin is the main one (not the DLC one) and that when you register that key there it gets in your account as the Ultimate Edition with the picture showing both games together as one entry. Origin does sell them separately as well, but the Amazon key registers as the unified Ultimate edition there which is base + Awakenings together.

The DLC key at the time I entered into the Bioware account, which I believe has been merged into Origin now, and that added Return the Ostargar, Leiliana's Song, etc etc but NOT Awakenings to my account.

While we're on the topic, is there an easy way to check if the DLC key successfully registered with your Origin account? I managed to get the Ultimate Edition successfully associated, but I'm not sure on how to tell if the DLC is there (without installing the whole game just to check...)

#805 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

That all depends on whether there's a different download file that's distributed for people downloading DA:O or DA:O Ultimate Edition from Origin. For example, on Steam Saints Row 3 only has 1 version of the game that's downloaded. You could register a key for SR3 base game, then if you decide to activate SR3 The Full Package it will just eat the base game copy of the The Full Package and give you the DLC for the copy you have, but you'll notice that you didn't have to download anything else to get the DLC stuff, which means the DLC was downloaded alongside the base game and was just sitting there waiting to be activated.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think Origin is quite that advanced yet to say 'Oh he's already got DA:O so we'll just have him download Awakenings on top of it'. I have a suspicion it's just going to see DA:O UE as DA:O UE and download the whole thing in one chunk.

Maybe they might start doing newer games like that at some point but for those older games I don't see it happening.

I know with Sims 3 the way Steam has it is quite nice, you just have one download that installs for you and then if you ever buy an expansion it downloads and installs that too. If you get them all at once, you just have one download.

On Origin you have to manually download and install each one one by one.

While we're on the topic, is there an easy way to check if the DLC key successfully registered with your Origin account? I managed to get the Ultimate Edition successfully associated, but I'm not sure on how to tell if the DLC is there (without installing the whole game just to check...)

All of the DLC shows up here for me:

https://social.biowa...ntitlements.php

I don't think you can check it on Origin itself.

mdUFwSE.png

#806 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

alright,
any news on new non ea deals yet?
seriously, anything?

square enix stuff maybe?
assassin's creed 3?

#807 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Thanks for the answers. My question is if the only way of getting the DLC was through Bioware/Origin and never on Steam, then I'll bite on the Dragon Age Pack. But, I already have Dragon Age Origins + Awakening and Dragon Age 2 on Origin (I only need the 9 DLC),

What he said. This means if I buy the pack I just need the DLC code to activate on my Bioware account and I have all the contents of Dragon Age Ultimate? I can find someone else to possibly buy the other keys?

#808 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

What he said. This means if I buy the pack I just need the DLC code to activate on my Bioware account and I have all the contents of Dragon Age Ultimate? I can find someone else to possibly buy the other keys?

This Dragon Age stuff is confusing and really needs a FAQ or wiki or something.

But you get two keys:

1) Dragon Age Origins and Awakenings (you can't separate them)
2) DLC - this is all content DLC, but not the pre-order bonus stuff. The latter you can get free here.

It's been ages and ages since I did this, but I believe the first key you can optionally redeem at Origin here: https://www.origin.c...#redeem-product

And the DLC key you are required to redeem at Bioware (now you login with your Origin info) here: https://social.biowa...redeem_code.php

If this is wrong someone correct it but this is what I had done to the best of my recollection.

*Edited to add: Keep in mind if you give somebody else the key for the game and expansion but not the DLC they'll be missing some important stuff like Shale, who is an entire character and storyline that was surgically removed from the game and made into a day 1 DLC, and the fort which lets you store items which is a huge help.

mdUFwSE.png

#809 Emuaust

Emuaust

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

alright,
any news on new non ea deals yet?
seriously, anything?

square enix stuff maybe?
assassin's creed 3?

This.

#810 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Amazon seems to have price matched the C&C Collection for 16.99 - 5/coupon for 11.99:
http://www.amazon.co...uct/B009IR1SR0/

Personally, I'm still passing though. If it's a bug, get it quick, but I don't think really old games at 11.99 is that crazy.