Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#8551 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

now im fucked off i bought it straight away

Which is the original deal you bought in for. No reason to be that mad. You got what you were promised.

This current two for the price of one thing feels like it's exploiting an unintended loophole.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#8552 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

Which is the original deal you bought in for. No reason to be that mad. You got what you were promised.

This current two for the price of one thing feels like it's exploiting an unintended loophole.

I get the feeling this is going to get patched close to remove this loophole soon...just can't see them allowing people to pick up say 4 copies during the holidays when it's 12.50 or so.

#8553 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

I get the feeling this is going to get patched close to remove this loophole soon...just can't see them allowing people to pick up say 4 copies during the holidays when it's 12.50 or so.

Amazon could've done it better. Bioshock Infinite Pre-order + XCOM EU bundle, and when Bioshock Infinite got released, XCOM key would appear in library.

Maybe the System doesn't work that way but it still looks a better option.

fs_pc.png

#8554 scrappler

scrappler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

Amazon could've done it better. Bioshock Infinite Pre-order + XCOM EU bundle, and when Bioshock Infinite got released, XCOM key would appear in library.

Maybe the System doesn't work that way but it still looks a better option.

Or they could have had the 49.99 gc expire the day before this sale started instead of next year. I'm sure the downside would have been the customer support calls from everyone that didn't redeem in time.

Or make a special xcom product page that never changes from 49.99 with the promo only linked to that product page.
Posted Image

#8555 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

So

1) Whens the next sales on Amazon ?
2) Any update on KOA situation?.

Thats all
Posted Image

#8556 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

OMG, Ashes is wrong! Quick, everyone take a screen shot so there's a record!

Nah, surely her account has been hacked. ;)
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#8557 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

Thanks for the info. They sound like give or take features for me, anyways.

good luck@ ornstein and smough, kalameet, and manus by yourself. the latter 2 are next to impossible by yourself.

btw mysterD by the time you get to the DLC stuff you can easily farm humanity

Hand__Of__God.png

#8558 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

I imagine I can just flip to 30 FPS if I get stuck, get some help, then go back to 60 FPS solo when I'm past the boss/es.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8559 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

I imagine I can just flip to 30 FPS if I get stuck, get some help, then go back to 60 FPS solo when I'm past the boss/es.

That's kinda why DSfix has a toggle to 30fps button mapped. (There are supposedly issues with sloping ground and jumping at 60 fps.)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#8560 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

The X Com credit does that work on the dlc or does it come out of the 2k credit.

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png

#8561 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

good luck@ ornstein and smough, kalameet, and manus by yourself. the latter 2 are next to impossible by yourself.

I've beaten them all alone. O&S were a bigger problem, because I wanted to kill Ornstein last and the only upgraded weapon I had was Zaphander. I defeated Manus in the first try (without Silver Pendant and Sif). Kalameet was pain, because I wanted to get the Obsidian Greatsword, but still nowhere near impossible.

I recently have beaten Super Hexagon at hardestestest difficulty, so maybe I'm spoiled.

#8562 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

btw mysterD by the time you get to the DLC stuff you can easily farm humanity

As much as I suck as Dark Souls: PTD, reaching DLC stuff might not happen until Dark Souls 3 gets released.... ;)

#8563 Caine

Caine

That's my cocaine.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

I can confirm this, I bought 2 myself and still have my 2K credit

To add to this, I did it as well. On the order page, it lists the breakdown of promo credits. one shows 24.98 and the other lists 0.01

fs_pc.png

KaseiVallis.png

#8564 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Why? DSFix @60 FPS can be used online. You can technically be banned for it I guess but I haven't heard of anyone that has been. That would require them supporting their port.

#8565 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

Amazon never matches Steam dailies, do they? I never had a game I wanted go on sale to ask for a price match.

Though seeing as how Amazon won't even pm a weekly, I guess it isn't possible.

#8566 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Amazon never matches Steam dailies, do they? I never had a game I wanted go on sale to ask for a price match.

Though seeing as how Amazon won't even pm a weekly, I guess it isn't possible.

it very rare it more often during winter sale
sr3 full package amazon match
hotline miami during editor choice
that aboout the only ones i remeber
sleeing dog once but that all i cant remeber

#8567 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

I've beaten them all alone. O&S were a bigger problem, because I wanted to kill Ornstein last and the only upgraded weapon I had was Zaphander. I defeated Manus in the first try (without Silver Pendant and Sif). Kalameet was pain, because I wanted to get the Obsidian Greatsword, but still nowhere near impossible.

I recently have beaten Super Hexagon at hardestestest difficulty, so maybe I'm spoiled.

no disrespect but i really find it hard to believe you beat manus 1st try without knowing his attack patterns unless you were wildly overleveled.... i beat him alone on NG++ but it took some doing

Hand__Of__God.png

#8568 OldDaedalus

OldDaedalus

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Defiance Season Pass is 29.99 on Steam until April 2. Any chance for a PM?
store.steampowered.com/app/224610/

#8569 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

Come on Hamsters!! PM on Hitman Absolution!!!

#8570 ThePaleRider

ThePaleRider

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

BF3 Premium is on sale at Ubisoft's store for $29.99. Weird to have them beat Amazon's sale price.

#8571 T1BillionX

T1BillionX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

Man I still havent recieved XCOM and the $30 credit and customer service is giving me the run around saying XCOM was not a part of the promo.

#8572 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

BF3 Premium is on sale at Ubisoft's store for $29.99. Weird to have them beat Amazon's sale price.

Oh, i did not know that ubi store sold other publishers games too

#8573 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

Oh, i did not know that ubi store sold other publishers games too

They made a deal with EA few weeks ago. Ubi and Origin are now selling each other's games

http://www.joystiq.c...n-nabs-ubisoft/

fs_pc.png

#8574 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

What's weirdest is that 29.99 is the price the game has been hovering around in the last few weeks, in several other etailers, even on Origin itself.

How, why or who thought in setting this prices, no idea, maybe it's just that Amazon is no longer interested in price matching wars.

#8575 scrappler

scrappler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Man I still havent recieved XCOM and the $30 credit and customer service is giving me the run around saying XCOM was not a part of the promo.

That's weird since there was never a time where Xcom wasn't part of the promo. I've had this issue with amazon before where they couldn't find the expired promo. CS needs to keep a better history of the deals.
Posted Image

#8576 wowimsocute

wowimsocute

You're funny...looking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

Tony,
Not directly deal related, but related to PCDD. I pre-ordered BF4, and it took some of my gift card balance to pay for it. I couldn't figure out how to not use my gift card balance, nor could I figure out how to use additional gift cards if I get more later. I know they seem like opposites, but is either of these things possible?
Thanks.

#8577 Persona Eater

Persona Eater

Naked Nudist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

Borderlands 2 is on sale for $39.59, 4-Pack is $118.78.
The Borderlands 2 Season Pass is also on sale for $19.79

#8578 Evil Betty

Evil Betty

A tiny net is a death sentence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Did the identity of this mystery publisher ever come to light? Twas a couple months ago and I don't recall hearing anything else about it after those posts.

#8579 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Was probably microsoft me thinks, with that big bundle of microsoft indie games and fable series they were carrying.
PC master race.

#8580 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Read a little further and Tony mentions dragons; it was almost definitely Bethesda. Plus, Microsoft had already jumped on board by that point.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus