Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#841 ohsavethechildren

ohsavethechildren

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

1/13-1/19:
Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

Just wanted to mention the item page is missing the usual DRM note at the top of the page next to platform info.

A really nice deal, if I didn't already have all the games. Tempted to get it for a giveaway or trade.

#842 Talk.Nerdy.To.Me

Talk.Nerdy.To.Me

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Great deal on the THQ pack but I can't bring myself to bite for just Homefront since I'm out of coupons. :(

edit: Thanks to GumbaHup for RF: Guerrilla. :)

Edited by Talk.Nerdy.To.Me, 13 January 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#843 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

^^^^
If your into Crusader Kings 2, I would just wait for Amazon to run a special on the Paradox Bundles again.
You get CK2 and like 5 other games for $10.

I passed when they were on sale in the winter because I have no interest in the other games. I'd rather just get CK2 for $5.
Posted Image

#844 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Great deal on the THQ pack but I can't bring myself to bite for just Homefront & Guerrilla since I'm out of coupons. :(

I'm in the same position. Well I don't have Stalker either but I have the other 3 and (thanks GumbaHup!) I'm out of coupons because...

Posted Image

Edited by Motoki, 13 January 2013 - 11:45 PM.

steam_sig.png

#845 Talk.Nerdy.To.Me

Talk.Nerdy.To.Me

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

[quote name='motoki']i'm in the same position. Well i don't have stalker either but i have the other 3 and i'm out of coupons because...

lmao

#846 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Jeez... missed out on the C&C thing, though I'm guessing it was a mistake. $16.99 seems reasonable considering the age of the games in the collection.

5 Days to go until there's something on sale for me. I appreciate the sales we've had so far but it would be nice to see a steady influx of games... not even high profile AAA games necessarily. Just something interesting to use coupons on. Looking through the list right now nearly everything is full price.

76561197971332172.png

#847 nbread

nbread

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

I wish to see this one on sale again...
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00AAIJJCW/

Is there any 1 game in particular that you want from that bundle? Or did you want the whole thing?

I ask because I think I have 1 or 2 of the games in that pack still unactivated. I may be able to toss a key your way.

#848 nbread

nbread

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

I passed when they were on sale in the winter because I have no interest in the other games. I'd rather just get CK2 for $5.

Have you checked the trading forum? I purchased CK2 from a CAG there for $5 a few months ago. Not sure how often it occurs, but ISTR that at that time there were at least a couple of keys being sold around that price range.

#849 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Is there any 1 game in particular that you want from that bundle? Or did you want the whole thing?

I ask because I think I have 1 or 2 of the games in that pack still unactivated. I may be able to toss a key your way.

Mainly the two King Arthur games, but I'm interested in pretty much the whole bundle except for Gettysburg. I don't care about that one..

#850 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Wait, did you redeem the code through Origin? Isn't that the way of losing the key? I've read it a few pages back, and even in the Amazon description page it's stated:

"The DLC Registration Code must be activated from within the game and requires a BioWare account. From the title screen select "Downloadable Content".
Only the base game code will activate through Origin."

Take a look at this post: HERE

Oh gee, that may be what happened to me. I'm not 100% certain what should show up on my Bioware page if the DLC activated correctly. There's a slew of items there. I'm not going to install the game right now, so I might have to look into it at a later time when I can check in-game.

Edit: this is the Dragon Age DLC on my Bioware page.

Spoiler

Edit x2 I experimented with the Mass Effect 3 DLC Motoki posted, and activating it in Origin did result in it appearing on my Bioware page.

#851 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Oh gee, that may be what happened to me. I'm not 100% certain what should show up on my Bioware page if the DLC activated correctly. There's a slew of items there. I'm not going to install the game right now, so I might have to look into it at a later time when I can check in-game.

Spoiler

Edit x2 I experimented with the Mass Effect 3 DLC Motoki posted, and activating it in Origin did result in it appearing on my Bioware page.

I think you're g2g but I'd install the game just to make sure. Good luck 8-)

#852 nbread

nbread

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Mainly the two King Arthur games, but I'm interested in pretty much the whole bundle except for Gettysburg. I don't care about that one..

Well, I still have King Arthur 2 unactivated. Interested in that one? If so, let me know and I'll PM you the Steam key.

#853 Razorfish

Razorfish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Spoiler

Yep, there are definitely "premium" content DLCs appearing on your list: The Darkspawn Chronicles, The Golems of Amgarrak, Return to Ostagar, Leliana's Song, The Stone Prisoner, Warden's Keep, Witch Hunt

#854 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Napped through C&C. Guess my coupons are safe for another day.

Still hoping for a decent GW2 or AC3 EC price (50%+). Or for Anno 2070 to hit the EC list. I know GW2 is stingy on the sales though and seen no hint that AC3 is going to take a sizable discount or Anno will go on at all so I'm not especially optimistic.

#855 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Well, I still have King Arthur 2 unactivated. Interested in that one? If so, let me know and I'll PM you the Steam key.

No thanks, I'm not in a hurry.

#856 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Still nothing on the Assassin's Creed games?

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#857 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Tony, you need an avatar. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image

#858 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

I think that whole thing with some people getting DLC not authorized on the DA:O stuff is a bug. If you register it at Origin it's suppose to populate over to Bioware because those accounts are merged.

EA even has a support page up about it so seems like it's a known issue.

steam_sig.png

#859 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Hey guys, Is the Darksiders deal dead?

#860 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Hey guys, Is the Darksiders deal dead?

Yes

#861 xxxholic

xxxholic

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Amazon seems to have price matched the C&C Collection for 16.99 - 5/coupon for 11.99:
http://www.amazon.co...uct/B009IR1SR0/

Personally, I'm still passing though. If it's a bug, get it quick, but I don't think really old games at 11.99 is that crazy.

Missed.

#862 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

*Edited to add: Keep in mind if you give somebody else the key for the game and expansion but not the DLC they'll be missing some important stuff like Shale, who is an entire character and storyline that was surgically removed from the game and made into a day 1 DLC, and the fort which lets you store items which is a huge help.

Ah. Good to know.

I posted Dragon Age 1+Awakenings and Dragon Age 2 for sale in the steam trade forum and quickly had three responses. If anyone else is thinking about grabbing this pack for the DLC, you can probably find a taker for the base games.

#863 manjuusheep

manjuusheep

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Not sure if this has been posted already, but I think someone was asking about You Don't Know Jack a while back. It's on sale right now for $2.99, along with a bunch of other casual games (some overlap, but a good many weren't on the $1.99 promotion that just expired 1/5).

http://www.amazon.co....19701&sr=1-550

http://www.amazon.co...-500&sort=price

Metacritic score: 71 (5 critics), user score 4.0 (6 ratings)
http://www.metacriti....know-jack-2011

Edited by manjuusheep, 14 January 2013 - 12:04 AM.
Add link for sub-$5 casual games

#864 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Not sure if this has been posted already, but I think someone was asking about You Don't Know Jack a while back. It's on sale right now for $2.99, along with a bunch of other casual games (some overlap, but a good many weren't on the $1.99 promotion that just expired 1/5).

http://www.amazon.co....19701&sr=1-550

Well, thats another case of double dipping for steam copies for me :P It's a good game though, so I'm content with my purchase :D
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#865 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

Jeez... missed out on the C&C thing, though I'm guessing it was a mistake. $16.99 seems reasonable considering the age of the games in the collection.

It would be a fair price, it's just not the price EA wants to sell them at.

#866 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

alright,
any news on new non ea deals yet?
seriously, anything?

square enix stuff maybe?
assassin's creed 3?

bump

#867 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

anyone got an extra homefront or spacemarine?

#868 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Do you guys buy these bundles to use, or keep aside as tradebait?. Just curious.. im not finding anything i want to buy with coupons etc......anything worth buying to trade?.;)

#869 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

alright,
any news on new non ea deals yet?
seriously, anything?

square enix stuff maybe?
assassin's creed 3?

No.

#870 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Do you guys buy these bundles to use, or keep aside as tradebait?. Just curious.. im not finding anything i want to buy with coupons etc......anything worth buying to trade?.;)

Depends on how much patience you have for trading. Personally I loathe it and only do it when I'm looking to facilitate a transaction through someplace that doesn't play nice with my credit card (GG or GMG sometimes) or looking to split a pack of games. Such being the case my trades are pretty fast as I line up people in advance and pretty much sell stuff at 'cost' relative to what an X-way split would be.

There is also the fact that a lot of people here buy the packs to flip later so you're ultimately going to be competing against a decent amount of other people on the trade thread so you're better off having multiple places to peddle 'dem keys. There are people with twenty or so keys for trade/sale that I doubt they'll ever ship off.