Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#8731 Awkward1099

Awkward1099

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

http://www.change.or...ase-gta-v-on-pc

Gives me hope for a simultaneous release.

#8732 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

I see. However I was simply asking if he could comment as to the games PC availability on the Amazon.fr website.

I'm not sure how it is in the States, but over here in Europe, games are regularly listed before they're announced when there's only the vaguest hint it may one day exist.

http://www.change.or...ase-gta-v-on-pc

Gives me hope for a simultaneous release.

Really? It worries me. :D I'm not sure one of those has ever worked!

He really just wants to weasel out some confirmation the game is coming to PC at all guys, it's not that complicated.

Yes, but nobody knows because it's not been announced yet. You think the internet still wouldn't know if all the shops already knew?

Maybe I'm just bitter at how poor the PC port of GTA IV was. :D

#8733 Awkward1099

Awkward1099

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

Really? It worries me. :D I'm not sure one of those has ever worked!

http://petitionburea.../DarkSoulsForPC

Dark Souls got ported to PC with only 90k signatures. The GTA V petition has almost double that, and is for a game from a much larger publisher that actually has experience porting.

#8734 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

@Awkward

I'm sure GTA5 will cost TONS more to actually develop than say Dark Souls 1 & 2.

If I recall - GTA4 costed around $100 million to develop.

#8735 Awkward1099

Awkward1099

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

@Awkward

I'm sure GTA5 will cost TONS more to actually develop than say Dark Souls 1 & 2.

If I recall - GTA4 costed around $100 million to develop.

It wouldn't cost them anywhere near $100 million to port the game though.

#8736 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

No, but I'm sure they're going to want to make a profit on the PC version.
Or else, why port it here?

Probably doesn't help matters when dev's decide to release for consoles first, release a PC version later...

#8737 tmwfte

tmwfte

Lovecraftian Colour Out of Space

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

Well...if one of my friends who used to work at Rockstar's stories are to be believed, a large portion of the budget went to licensing music, a tiny portion actually went to development, and the rest went up certain execs' noses. The port would have come from the tiny portion that went to development.

#8738 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:17 AM

GTA V is going to come to the PC lol

Worse case it is going to be delayed 6 months behind the console version, but it is going to come out for the PC. The cost of porting a 360/PS3 game to the PC is pretty minimal and the payback for it on a GTA game that has always had sold long lasting sales on the PC will be big.

This isn't some dev/pub who doesn't deal with the PC and considering GTA's roots started on the PC and has always had a strong following, not releasing it would just be foolish.

#8739 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:07 AM

I'm waiting for all the content of BL2 to be released before I get the game. Beating the game and then coming back to it in a few months to finish the DLC doesn't fit my gaming style. I'll wait until all the DLC is out and in a nice bundle for $10 or less than jump on it. Then I'll proceed to sink over 100+ hours into vault hunting.
Posted Image

#8740 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:38 AM

This is CAG - and being a "Cheap Ass Gamer" is part of the game.
Most of us DO NOT pre-order games very often.

To make us pre-order - it probably might take a lot of pre-order bonuses (see the Bioshock: Infinite pre-order deals Amazon DVG or Gamersgate had going); the game must be cheap for week of release (think 50% off or better); and/or the game must be something important to us (i.e. something special in a franchise; or a brand-new exciting IP).

The problem w/ pre-ordering is often games have....
lots of DLC and/or Season Pass(es);
might have a re-released Complete Edition (Base Game + ALL Expansions + ALL DLC's) when everything's said and done;
and PC games prices often brick quickly in the digital download market.

About PC games bricking down quick in price - just give it a few weeks to a month, you might at least see 33% off sales. Maybe even better. You never know.
That's as long as the game's not making blockbuster sales on the PC; is not named COD; is not a legendary franchise; and/or is not developed by Blizzard.
There's just so much competition in the digital space (Amazon DVG; GameFly; Gamersgate; Steam; Origin; etc) - they're ALL fighting for your wallet and want it ASAP.

2K and Square Enix are some of the more aggressive at slashing prices quickly.

Also - some of us have HUGE backlogs already and we can always go pick something out of the backlog, letting the more expensive games be out for a while so they can inevitably brick down in price.

Bioshock Infinite was hard to resist but I'm proud I was able to stand firm, even if it makes me the only one here not playing it. :applause:I still need to finish the first two anyway (had started bioshock 1 but haven't played it since I had to upgrade my hard drive and don't want to waste my activations). I figure by the time I finish the first two, I should be able to find B:I for a more cagly price.

Spoiler

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#8741 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:55 AM

Bioshock Infinite was hard to resist but I'm proud I was able to stand firm, even if it makes me the only one here not playing it. :applause:I still need to finish the first two anyway (had started bioshock 1 but haven't played it since I had to upgrade my hard drive and don't want to waste my activations). I figure by the time I finish the first two, I should be able to find B:I for a more cagly price.

Eh, I only played it this early because I didn't pay for mine. Else I would have waited for a price drop, since I wasn't very hyped about it. It's worth waiting for it to drop to $20 or below, imo.

#8742 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:32 AM

Spoiler

I also resisted Bioshock Infinite pre-order deals.

#8743 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:13 AM

Spoiler

Yeah, I was seriously temped. Only two things stopped me, my recent release AAA backlog and the fact that I never played BS1&2 so I didn't have that draw factor. ...on top of that fear of needing to separately pickup Xcom, Mafia II, and BS:I DLC separately.

And it's because it's CAGy. ^_~

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#8744 Awkward1099

Awkward1099

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

Was there an expiration date for the XCOM: Enemy Unknown credit? I ended up getting a refund of the credit when it went on sale because I had bought it the day before the sale. I'm not sure if there's a expiration date and I'd hate to lose the credit.

#8745 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

Yeah, I was seriously temped. Only two things stopped me, my recent release AAA backlog and the fact that I never played BS1&2 so I didn't have that draw factor. ...on top of that fear of needing to separately pickup Xcom, Mafia II, and BS:I DLC separately.

And it's because it's CAGy. ^_~

Cagly

Ginger Fight!!!!!
:bouncy:
on another note, I have been loving Fallout 3 GOTY and hopefully will be able to finish it soon. :lol: 1 down 595 to go
:drool:
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#8746 tsts

tsts

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

guess the order of Dead Island , and get 8 bucks credit wouldn't make much different ... guess i can skip the pre-order for this :) im out ~

#8747 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

http://petitionburea.../DarkSoulsForPC

Dark Souls got ported to PC with only 90k signatures. The GTA V petition has almost double that, and is for a game from a much larger publisher that actually has experience porting.

Yeah... and what a great job they did with that port... ;)

I'm sure GTA V is coming but no-one other than Rockstar yet knows when and I'm also sure an internet petition won't make the slightest difference to them. This is the fifth game in the series - they know their market already.

#8748 Awkward1099

Awkward1099

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

Yeah... and what a great job they did with that port... ;)

I'm sure GTA V is coming but no-one other than Rockstar yet knows when and I'm also sure an internet petition won't make the slightest difference to them. This is the fifth game in the series - they know their market already.

DSfix was made by a fan and it essentially fixed all the issues. Dark Souls was ported by a company with no experience porting. Rockstar is a much bigger/experienced company.

#8749 YoHoNoMo

YoHoNoMo

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

Someone wanted to know how long you have to use that $8 pre-order credit towards DI:Riptide. It's good until May 12, 2013.

Thanks for your purchase of Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition PC Download. Your purchase entitles you to an $8 credit good towards Dead Island: Riptide.

To redeem your credit visit: [Product Page, can't post links]

and pre-order the game. The credit will automatically be applied to your account. Limit 1 per customer, credit must be used by 5/12/2013.
The promotional credit must be used by May 12, 2013. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

I just bought DI GOTY, but I'll pass on that pre-order. ;)

#8750 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Someone wanted to know how long you have to use that $8 pre-order credit towards DI:Riptide. It's good until May 12, 2013.

I just bought DI GOTY, but I'll pass on that pre-order. ;)

same i have no money lol so i cant either

#8751 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

Hey guys,

We changed the Dead Island offer. Now, starting on 4/4 we'll be offering Dead Island GOTY for $4.99 plus an $8 credit towards Dead Island Riptide. Again, the deal is that if you have purchased a Dead Island, or Dead Island GOTY from us you'll get the $8 credit backfilled.

Cheers,
Tony

I purchased Dead Island from Amazon back during one of the handfuls of times it was on sale in the past. Will I receive any notification of this credit?

#8752 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

I purchased Dead Island from Amazon back during one of the handfuls of times it was on sale in the past. Will I receive any notification of this credit?

check ur amazon email it should say it there or buy it andd see if it gives u it

#8753 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

FYI that was crossed wires on my part. I said we were backfilling DI and DI:GOTY but the promo only applies to DI:GOTY. I just went back and checked the email to reconfirm.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#8754 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

FYI that was crossed wires on my part. I said we were backfilling DI and DI:GOTY but the promo only applies to DI:GOTY. I just went back and checked the email to reconfirm.

Cheers,
Tony

Hmmm, well there goes a possible DI: Riptide pre-order. I'm better off waiting anyways, so no big deal.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#8755 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

Hey Tony, if in the past months i have bought more than one copy of Dead Island GOTY, will i have more that one $8 credit for purchase?

#8756 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hmmm, well there goes a possible DI: Riptide pre-order. I'm better off waiting anyways, so no big deal.

Yeah, I had to go back and check my Amazon catalog as well; turns out I bought a non-GOTY. I probably paid as much or more than most did for their GOTY copy, but oh well...

I guess I'll look at it like this: Dead Island: Riptide is going to drop more than $8 by the time I get around to playing it, so nothing lost there.

76561197971332172.png

#8757 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

the Dead Island GOTY from Amazon is region-locked, right?

#8758 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Yeah sorry dude, I was pushing for both to be included and when I wrote the original post I totally spaced on the fact that the non-goty wasn't included.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#8759 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

so, any word on the pricing for borderlands 2 & season pass sale tomorrow? not that i can do anything with the info today, just my inner toddler's impatience showing thru. -is it tomorrow, yet? is it tomorrow, yet? how about, now?
76561198025510545.png

#8760 Darkfire

Darkfire

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

Damn, bought Di goty for 20 on steam like 3 weeks ago. Oh well.