Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#8941 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:02 AM

Awesome! Now just need to get that sucker on sale again. 8-)

I have two complaints with Amazon.

1) The way Divinity II: DKS DRM-FREE purchasers on Amazon are the only purchasers who have not received the free upgrade to the Director's Cut.

2) Same complaint, different game: Oddworld: Stangers Wrath. Steam buyers got the HD update for free.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#8942 Awkward1099

Awkward1099

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

I have two complaints with Amazon.

1) The way Divinity II: DKS DRM-FREE purchasers on Amazon are the only purchasers who have not received the free upgrade to the Director's Cut.

2) Same complaint, different game: Oddworld: Stangers Wrath. Steam buyers got the HD update for free.

Quick question since you seem to know, I've got Divine Anthology and Divinity II: Ego Draconis. Anthology includes Beyond Divinity, Divine Divinity, and Divinity II: Developer's Cut. Is Divinity II: Developer's Cut a remaster type thing of Divinity II: Ego Draconis?

I'd like to have all the games in the series and when games do this it gets confusing.

#8943 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

Quick question since you seem to know, I've got Divine Anthology and Divinity II: Ego Draconis. Anthology includes Beyond Divinity, Divine Divinity, and Divinity II: Developer's Cut. Is Divinity II: Developer's Cut a remaster type thing of Divinity II: Ego Draconis?

I'd like to have all the games in the series and when games do this it gets confusing.

Ego Draconis is the original release. Dragon Knight Saga is an updated version with added content (Flames of Vengeance), and the Developer's Cut is Dragon Knight Saga with an added "debug" mode basically where you can play as monsters and whatnot.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8944 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

Eco Draconis was the first version of Div II. DKS added an expansion, iirc, and bugfixes. DC adds a console to DKS. Divine Divinity is very well regarded. Div II is well regarded but had a rockly release (fixed by DKS) which impacted it's sales and acclaim. Beyond Divinity is regarded as the bastard child and is generally seen as the weakest Divinity game.

Edit: Damn you idiot! ^_~

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#8945 Awkward1099

Awkward1099

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

Ego Draconis is the original release. Dragon Knight Saga is an updated version with added content (Flames of Vengeance), and the Developer's Cut is Dragon Knight Saga with an added "debug" mode basically where you can play as monsters and whatnot.

I see, so since I have Divine Anthology and Divinity II: Ego Draconis, I should just activate Divine Anthology and trade away Divinity II: Ego Draconis? Or are the updates and whatnot enough to warrant Anthology and Ego Draconis?

#8946 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

I see, so since I have Divine Anthology and Divinity II: Ego Draconis, I should just activate Divine Anthology and trade away Divinity II: Ego Draconis? Or are the updates and whatnot enough to warrant Anthology and Ego Draconis?

I don't see any reason whatsoever to have both unless for completionist or nostalgic reasons. Divinity 2: Ego Draconis and Divinity 2: Director's Cut are the same exact game, the latter just has more content, better performance, and less bugs.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8947 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

I still would prefer to buy a game without having to worry whether the rest of the game will trickle out in the form of DLC over the next year.

I fully disagree with this thought-process.
There is no "rest of the game".
You buy a game for what the game is.
Right then and there.

If a developer releases expansion packs that extend the game, then cool, bonus. You can buy it if you want.

But you could be waiting a heck of a long time to play games if you only think "I want to be sure that there will never be anything else released related to this game"
I guess you're still waiting to play Half-Life 2? :P
Or Starcraft 2? (Legacy of the Void probably won't be out for another 2-4 years.)

#8948 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

How about a Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition sale...lets get it done

It was the Steam Daily Deal on 24. March at 50% off. I'm not sure if you don't consider 50% off as appropriate 'sale' or you just have missed it. Anyway it already has been somewhat discounted.

#8949 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

Just to be clear, Mechromancer shipped 3 weeks after release, Slaughter Dome shipped almost three months after release.

iinm, the Slaughter Dome is available on Day 1 for those who preordered the game from Gamestop.

#8950 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

I fully disagree with this thought-process.
There is no "rest of the game".
You buy a game for what the game is.
Right then and there.

If a developer releases expansion packs that extend the game, then cool, bonus. You can buy it if you want.

But you could be waiting a heck of a long time to play games if you only think "I want to be sure that there will never be anything else released related to this game"
I guess you're still waiting to play Half-Life 2? :P
Or Starcraft 2? (Legacy of the Void probably won't be out for another 2-4 years.)

I agree in the place of borderlands 1 and 2. You git a complete game up front. The added content was seperate from the main story. Mass effect 3 had dlc that came out after the game that added into the middle of the story. That dlc would have been worth waiting for (though I don't feel dlc should ever be released the mass effect 3 way.) Gearbox seems to know how dlc should be done.
Posted Image

#8951 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

Am i the only one surprised the season pass is outselling the bundle?

Borderlands 2 was a bundle game for nVidia cards for quite a while. This is why Gearbox was reluctant to put the Season Pass on sale for so long. There are a ton of Borderlands 2 games that were free (or if one were to ebay, cheap) and so a lot of them might buy the Season Pass to get the DLC without the game. Plus, Borderlands 2 went on sale several times over the holidays for decent pricing (deal-wise), but the Season Pass again took an eternity to get a decent sale price.

I am acutely aware of the BL2 promo from nVidia because I got a GF 670 and Borderlands 2 was a decent (but not deciding) part of the deal I got with that.

#8952 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

it had riddickulously (im so sorry) invasive DRM

hope it comes back without it

Did Riddick: Dark Athena have Tages DRM on its Steam-version?
If yes - did the DRM ever get removed?

I have it from Retail myself - bought it dirt-cheap years ago from NewEgg (like $2 or something).

Since Riddick: Dark Athena is DRM-FREE on GOG, it should be DRM-FREE everywhere (except Steam).
It should at least NOT have that crap-tastic Tages on its Steam-version; and if it's going to use DRM there on its Steam-version, it should be only Steam DRM.

#8953 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

Did Riddick: Dark Athena have Tages DRM on its Steam-version?
If yes - did the DRM ever get removed?

I have it from Retail myself - bought it dirt-cheap years ago from NewEgg (like $2 or something).

Since Riddick: Dark Athena is DRM-FREE on GOG, it should be DRM-FREE everywhere (except Steam).
It should at least NOT have that crap-tastic Tages on its Steam-version; and if it's going to use DRM there on its Steam-version, it should be only Steam DRM.

Yeah Riddick still has TAGES on Steam, which was never removed. The GOG version only came out relatively recently which is why it was the only one with TAGES removed/deactivated.

#8954 realkilla789

realkilla789

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

Good deal on Dead Island, thanks!

#8955 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

Yeah Riddick still has TAGES on Steam, which was never removed. The GOG version only came out relatively recently which is why it was the only one with TAGES removed/deactivated.

This should give Atari more reason to remove the TAGES DRM on the Steam-version!
And more reasons for game-owners to push for its removal!

Steam-owners and Retail-owners of Riddick: Dark Athena PC should be upset about not getting TAGES removed in their respective versions - especially since it's DRM-FREE on GOG.
This is absolute bullcrap - no gamer wants to re-buy a game they already own just to have "less DRM". All versions should be properly patched - PERIOD.

And we see how well Tages DRM worked on Risen 1 PC version for Retail owners and those who bought it from Amazon DVG {sarcasm}.
That's right, Amazon had to stop selling the game b/c gamers couldn't get it activated in the first place and they (Amazon) had to push to get the DRM removed, so gamers would actually WANT to buy a working version of the game.

#8956 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

This should give Atari more reason to remove the TAGES DRM on the Steam-version!
And more reasons for game-owners to push for its removal!

Steam-owners and Retail-owners of Riddick: Dark Athena PC should be upset about not getting TAGES removed in their respective versions - especially since it's DRM-FREE on GOG.
This is absolute bullcrap - no gamer wants to re-buy a game they already own just to have "less DRM". All versions should be properly patched - PERIOD.

With how bad Atari's financials are (they filed banktruptcy a couple months ago), I don't see them caring too much for a game that won't get many sales anyway. I'm amazed they actually still have the Riddick license at all, if that wasn't why it was removed from Steam.

#8957 provdog2611

provdog2611

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

I don't see any reason whatsoever to have both unless for completionist or nostalgic reasons. Divinity 2: Ego Draconis and Divinity 2: Director's Cut are the same exact game, the latter just has more content, better performance, and less bugs.

Is there any way to upgrade the original Divinity 2:DKS to the Director's Cut? I bought mine from Amazon DVS in March 2012 but it's not the Director's cut.

#8958 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

Is there any way to upgrade the original Divinity 2:DKS to the Director's Cut? I bought mine from Amazon DVS in March 2012 but it's not the Director's cut.

If you have the DRM-FREE version you're currently SOL. If you have the SecuROM version you can contact Larian (using your key as proof of ownership) to get the DC.

#8959 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

If you have the DRM-FREE version you're currently SOL. If you have the SecuROM version you can contact Larian (using your key as proof of ownership) to get the DC.

Let me talk to my OPS team about this. We might be able to do something. I can offer no promises because I'm not super familiar with some of the changes we've made to our back end recently but I remember hearing in a meeting last week that we might be able to do something about situations like this (I was also running a 100+ fever at the time so I may have just been delusional).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#8960 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Let me talk to my OPS team about this. We might be able to do something. I can offer no promises because I'm not super familiar with some of the changes we've made to our back end recently but I remember hearing in a meeting last week that we might be able to do something about situations like this (I was also running a 100+ fever at the time so I may have just been delusional).

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks for looking into that Tony! I hope you're feeling better.

I would also note that Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath is in a similar situation with the HD update. Oddworld promised: "Existing owners of the game will be able to download the update for free from their chosen online store soon." Although currently Amazon DVG doesn't even have the HD version.

Thanks,
~asheskitty

#8961 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Yep, that's how I did it - I went and bothered Larian directly.
Back in the day, Amazon DVG's version had a Securom Key; and I told Larian my key; and they gave me one for DC from their Larian Vault.
I mentioned that here.
Eventually, Amazon DVG did away w/ that Securom DRM (good move!) - and made it DRM-FREE.

EDIT:

Cheers,
Tony

Glad to hear you're looking into a possibility of DKS->DC upgrade for those who had a DRM-FREE version of DKS from you guys.

#8962 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for looking into that Tony! I hope you're feeling better.

I would also note that Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath is in a similar situation with the HD update. Oddworld promised: "Existing owners of the game will be able to download the update for free from their chosen online store soon." Although currently Amazon DVG doesn't even have the HD version.

Thanks,
~asheskitty

I know we were supposed to get it, let me check with those guys.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#8963 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

And Tony yet again proves why Amazon DVG has some of the best customer support around...

#8964 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

They may not have removed it out of the goodness of their hearts. GoG don't sell games with DRM. They would have had no choice but to remove it if they wanted to sell on GoG. Elsewhere, they may prefer to keep the DRM for all we know?

This obviously differs from the assumption that they just can't be bothered to patch other versions. We don't know which is the case!

#8965 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

They may not have removed it out of the goodness of their hearts. GoG don't sell games with DRM. They would have had no choice but to remove it if they wanted to sell on GoG.

Very true @ the bold stuff.

Elsewhere, they may prefer to keep the DRM for all we know?

Possible. We'd have to ask Atari, if we really want the answer, I'd guess.

This obviously differs from the assumption that they just can't be bothered to patch other versions. We don't know which is the case!

Unless they (Atari) say why - yeah, who knows! {shrug}

IMHO, there's just no reason really for them to keep the annoying Tages DRM period - especially on the Steam-version, since Steam-version probably uses both Steam DRM and Tages DRM.
It'll be really bad, if Atari goes out of business...and well, people install the game on another PC and can't activate the game online b/c Atari's servers are gone.

#8966 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Very true @ the bold stuff.

IMHO, there's just no reason really for them to keep the annoying Tages DRM period - especially on the Steam-version, since Steam-version probably uses both Steam DRM and Tages DRM.
It'll be really bad, if Atari goes out of business...and well, people install the game on another PC and can't activate the game online b/c Atari's servers are gone.

Well, in that worst case scenario where the legality of a cracked exe isn't an issue, those customers can always just download that.

Still, it would have been much simpler for them to just provide a DRM free patch for all current customers. I have the Tages version (DVD boxed copy) and I had to download an updated version of Tages directly from the Tages website just to get it working on Windows 7 on my new computer.

#8967 provdog2611

provdog2611

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Wow. I was NOT expecting to see a response from you. Thank you so much. I love Amazon (whether or not I can get the Developer's Cut upgrade). Hope you're feeling better now.

#8968 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Well, in that worst case scenario where the legality of a cracked exe isn't an issue, those customers can always just download that.

There's always that, but it's just better when DRM-FREE patches are official, you know? ;)

Still, it would have been much simpler for them to just provide a DRM free patch for all current customers.

Exactly.

I have the Tages version (DVD boxed copy) and I had to download an updated version of Tages directly from the Tages website just to get it working on Windows 7 on my new computer.

I have it Riddick: Dark Athena from Retail as well.

#8969 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

There's always that, but it's just better when DRM-FREE patches are official, you know? ;)

Bringing it full circle, sometimes the official patch to remove DRM is the scene cracked version. Ubisoft was caught doing that, I think.

I grabbed Dark Athena from GOG during the Christmas sale. Cheaper than 75% off the Steam price and no crappy Tages? Sold.

#8970 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

I grabbed Dark Athena from GOG during the Christmas sale. Cheaper than 75% off the Steam price and no crappy Tages? Sold.

I really wish I had done that. I thought about it...but for some reason never pulled the trigger on it. Hopefully it goes on sale again on GOG before it get's yanked from that store as well.