Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#871 scrappler

scrappler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Do you guys buy these bundles to use, or keep aside as tradebait?. Just curious.. im not finding anything i want to buy with coupons etc......anything worth buying to trade?.;)

I buy the packs to get something specific i want and either trade or give the rest to friends.
Posted Image

#872 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

I tend to take what I want and Steamgift off the remainders. I figure there's little sense in me trying to re-sell extra keys around here when everyone and their dog bought the same bundle and those who didn't often don't want to pay more than a buck or two for a key ("You only paid $10!").

For the hassle, I'll call the buck a loss and gift it away instead.

The side effect of this is that I'm unlikely to buy bundles these days where I own more than one or two titles since I'm essentially paying the bundle price for a single game.

#873 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Have you checked the trading forum? I purchased CK2 from a CAG there for $5 a few months ago. Not sure how often it occurs, but ISTR that at that time there were at least a couple of keys being sold around that price range.

Maybe I will eventually, but last I checked the lowest was $6. Also, I have Amazon GC to spend.
Posted Image

#874 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

anyone got an extra homefront or spacemarine?

I've got an extra Homefront

#875 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

Do you guys buy these bundles to use, or keep aside as tradebait?. Just curious.. im not finding anything i want to buy with coupons etc......anything worth buying to trade?.;)

I buy them because there's something in the bundle that I really want, and the price is at a point where I would have payed that amount for the game I wanted alone. I usually just store the keys I don't want until I can figure out what to do with them. Usually just give them away. Generally speaking, it's a bad idea to buy them for the sole purpose of trading/selling them later.

#876 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

I only buy games/bundles of games I plan to play. I don't do the "trade" thing; I don't like the thought of putting my account in jeopardy if it turns out the "key" has issues.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#877 xxxholic

xxxholic

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

I've got an extra Homefront

I have both Homefront and Spacemarine.
I PMed him when he was Online. He didn't answer.

#878 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

I usually just end up with extras of stuff I already have D:

My primary purpose is to buy stuff I want to play.

I PMed him. He didn't answer.

Ah, /shrug

#879 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

I sell games out of bundles if I already have them or don't want them.

Why pay for a $5 bundle with five games and only two games that you want or don't have when you could possibly sell the other three games on and could have basically gotten the bundle for $2?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#880 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Wicked deal on You Dont know Jack. I own the retail version but bought this for convenience. Now I can install the retail one on my kids computer.

#881 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

There is also the fact that a lot of people here buy the packs to flip later so you're ultimately going to be competing against a decent amount of other people on the trade thread so you're better off having multiple places to peddle 'dem keys. There are people with twenty or so keys for trade/sale that I doubt they'll ever ship off.

Yeah, I don't pick up anything with the thought of selling it, but I have tried to set up sales and splits for bundles I'm looking at but have duplicates of. Having a pre-set sale means I'm not spending a while trying to get rid of extras. Of course, I still end up with extras. It's kind of hard not to.

#882 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

I think you're g2g but I'd install the game just to make sure. Good luck 8-)

Yep, there are definitely "premium" content DLCs appearing on your list: The Darkspawn Chronicles, The Golems of Amgarrak, Return to Ostagar, Leliana's Song, The Stone Prisoner, Warden's Keep, Witch Hunt

Thanks guys. I'll have to finish up some games and get to installing Dragon Age sometime soon to confirm!

#883 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

Non-BTA bundle games are pretty much worthless these days. (in response to previous discussion about saving cheap or bundle games for trade/selling).

#884 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

Non-BTA bundle games are pretty much worthless these days. (in response to previous discussion about saving cheap or bundle games for trade/selling).

They are not talking about indie bundles.

#885 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

Tony,

any news on new non ea deals yet?
seriously, anything?

square enix stuff maybe?
assassin's creed 3?

#886 diggler41

diggler41

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

Sweet deal on YDKJ. Weird thing is it didn't show up in my Steam library until I went to the YDKJ store page and clicked play now. Then it appeared. Hmmm..

#887 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

I usually just end up with extras of stuff I already have D:

My primary purpose is to buy stuff I want to play.

Ah, /shrug

Ill take one of your guys' homefront if its just going to go to waste :)

#888 scrappler

scrappler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

YDKJ already gone, man I was checking out and got an error. Missed it by 20 seconds.
Posted Image

#889 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

I've noticed selling and trading games you don't want or is a duplicate is extremely hard here since the majority of people already bought the bundle or set so most people are selling (usually the same items). Everyone seems to also want the same items that are not usually in a bundle so supply is limited. I wouldn't recommend buying stuff just to trade or sell here. One reason I skipped the DoW pack since it's a pain to get rid of.

I also don't think a majority of people read the buy/trade threads here since I've seen a lot of games/bundles for lower than the store bought price. I didn't used to read it neither, but my backlog just seems to keep getting bigger and bigger and I should probably just dump stuff at cost or at a loss. Some of it is the risk of getting bad keys too I guess.

What I have seen is pricing tends to be lower a lot of times though which is nice.

Edited by yangwenli, 14 January 2013 - 05:06 AM.

#890 teenwolf

teenwolf

hic sunt leones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

Tony, can you please try to put the C&C Collection deal back up? I was a hopeful vocal supporter of that deal, and you specifically said it wasn't going to happen, apparently it did though, and I imagine I am not the only one who went by the info from the OP and missed out. Also, another YDKJ sale would be fantastic as well.

#891 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

Bah.

I missed You Don't Know Jack and the C&C collection... both of which I'd have bought if I'd seen them. :-(

#892 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

I really hope YDNJ returns soon, I missed it because I'm broke lol.

#893 KBoom

KBoom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

But I think there is too much EA stuff, and many of it is not appealing to me, but I think it may be to others then.

When the 2K stuff was on sale I wanted a Mafia II sale.
No Mafia II Sale on december / january makes me a sad panda.
I basically got most of the 2K stuff this last holiday sale, but Mafia is missing.

Can I still have hope? I saw some other people in the old thread that also wanted it.

#894 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

I too would love some mafia (Let's go Mafia 1 & 2 bundle)!!

#895 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

I really hope YDNJ returns soon, I missed it because I'm broke lol.

This but opposite of broke lol

#896 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

yehh for this :applause:

#897 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

:)

[W]: more YDKJ keys, new Mafia complete bundle, C&C price repeated, reasonable price on Fable 3 complete.

#898 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

mafia 2 for $7.50 pre-coupon

please

#899 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

Tony, can you please try to put the C&C Collection deal back up? I was a hopeful vocal supporter of that deal, and you specifically said it wasn't going to happen, apparently it did though, and I imagine I am not the only one who went by the info from the OP and missed out. Also, another YDKJ sale would be fantastic as well.

I don't think Tony planned to have that go on sale. Amazon is a big company and probably someone else put it on match since they probably had thousands of people requesting it with the "Show me a lower price link".

I think this one is a classic case of something that should be matched since this is where the coupon makes a lot of sense. I don't know the reason, but EA and Amazon probably didn't feel the $$ was worth it to sell it at the 11.99 price point so didn't want to match the price. Unlike a free game, 11.99 sounds pretty good to me and just a bit more than 75% off so it's not an insane price.

This wouldn't benefit me at all since I skipped it and probably not really interested at any price, but doubt it'll come back and someone probably got in trouble. ;)

Edited by yangwenli, 14 January 2013 - 05:07 AM.

#900 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

Dammit. I was one of the ones really looking forward to a decent price on YDKJ and completely missed it. Any chance of it coming back?
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus