Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#9361 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

Why are people so eager to buy a season pass when the pub/dev have not said anything about what and how much is going to be in it.

Because the average Amazon thread buyer likely has every other 2k item on the market since Amazon does dozens of deep discount sales on their products. So anyone that preordered likely has the 30 dollar credit burning a hole in their pocket, and 2k doesn't really have anything else major coming out this year on PC.

Yeah, a little bit of that. But I suppose I am hopeful the story-driven Season Pass stuff will fill in some plot contrivances that are bugging me.

76561197971332172.png

#9362 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

Because it's the video game reincarnation of Jesus Christ? Obviously anything even slightly connected to it is going to be at least semi-godlike.

Ah, so it doesn't appeal to atheists...

Because the average Amazon thread buyer likely has every other 2k item on the market since Amazon does dozens of deep discount sales on their products. So anyone that preordered likely has the 30 dollar credit burning a hole in their pocket, and 2k doesn't really have anything else major coming out this year on PC.

Very good point!

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#9363 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:41 AM

While that is true and a good point, the credit is good for a year, so it isn't like it will expire soon. I liked BSI and can get the Season Pass for cheap, but I am not going to jump on it till I know what is coming out for it and even if/when I do buy it I will still wait till the first piece of the DLC is actually out before purchasing the pass.

We have E3 coming up in a few months, who knows what could possibly be announced there that we do not currently know about (if anything).

#9364 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

The new Civ V DLC would like a word.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#9365 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

The new Civ V DLC would like a word.

$3.15 or GTFO ;)

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#9366 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

$3.15 or GTFO ;)

I keep reading this as tits or GTFO

I need help :(

#9367 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

$71.75 or GTFO ;)

#9368 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

$71.75 or GTFO ;)

ash kitty is the best kitty

#9369 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

$71.75 or GTFO ;)

thanks KaOTiK, this now looks like TiTS
:D
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#9370 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

Tony, sounds like Tuesday there's going to be big videogame Gold Box deals. Any clues as to what to expect? :)

#9371 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

Naw. Most of the reviewers probably didn't even have the game. They saw a thead in /v, clicked on it, decided to follow the herd and 'review' it. We've already seen how dumb and dangerous mob mentality can be on the internet this week. Nothing about that kind of mob is remotely informative to anybody with a lick of sense.

I think Amazon shouldn't let people to review if they didn't have the game on their Amazon game library . So atleast after that we'll see reviews from people who owned the game.

I mean if we look at Simcity we can see more than 2000 reviews :hot: . Not even call of duty Black ops 2 or battlefield 3 don't have that much reviews :-P Im sure Both games sold million copies more than simcity lol. Amazon really shouldn't let review if the person don't have that game :D

#9372 Xaliqen

Xaliqen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

I think Amazon shouldn't let people to review if they didn't have the game on their Amazon game library . So atleast after that we'll see reviews from people who owned the game.

I mean if we look at Simcity we can see more than 2000 reviews :hot: . Not even call of duty Black ops 2 or battlefield 3 don't have that much reviews :-P Im sure Both games sold million copies more than simcity lol. Amazon really shouldn't let review if the person don't have that game :D

The problem with that is then many items would have no reviews at all.

Why should I have to buy an old copy of Doom just to review the game, even though I have five copies of it elsewhere?

There are a number of classic games where all the decent reviews are from people who bought and knew these games from 20 years ago.

#9373 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

[Amazon] Binary Domain 80% off ($4.99)

[PC-Origin Activated]Battlefield 3 Ultimate Shortcut Bundle $10 (75% off)

[Amazon] SimCity Standard Ed. -33% $39.99

[Amazon] Ultimate Dreamcast Pack (Dreamcast Collection, Jet Set Radio, Nights in Dreams, Sonic Generations, Sonic Adventure 2) -83% $14.99

#9374 Xaliqen

Xaliqen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

[Amazon] Binary Domain 80% off ($4.99)

[PC-Origin Activated]Battlefield 3 Ultimate Shortcut Bundle $10 (75% off)

[Amazon] SimCity Standard Ed. -33% $39.99

[Amazon] Ultimate Dreamcast Pack (Dreamcast Collection, Jet Set Radio, Nights in Dreams, Sonic Generations, Sonic Adventure 2) -83% $14.99

Some pretty good deals; I'd choose the Ultimate Dreamcast Pack as the steal of the group (impressive that it even comes with Sonic Generations).

We see Binary Domain on sale a fair amount, but it's still a great price for a very solid game. :)

#9375 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

Some pretty good deals; I'd choose the Ultimate Dreamcast Pack as the steal of the group (impressive that it even comes with Sonic Generations).

We see Binary Domain on sale a fair amount, but it's still a great price for a very solid game. :)

the Dreamcast Collection is not Steam though, for those who cares.

#9376 PKB Mac

PKB Mac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Tony, any chance of some price-matching for the Gamestop Spring Sale?

#9377 sittinghawk3

sittinghawk3

Damn... Kobe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

Hey Tony if you are on, on if anyone else can answer my question. (Amazon chat won't load for me right now) There is a promotion running at amazon where you trade in 20$ worth of video games you get a 20$ credit that expires after a date.

Does amazon video game trade in credit apply to their digital sales?

Sign up with my link to get free 2 dollar credit to GMG here  ;) Add me on steam here.

I've made 300 bucks in amazon credit and cash doing surveys here. I make 1$ if you use my referral and complete a survey. Min 5$ cashout for AGC, Min 10$ for paypal.

#9378 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

Tony, any chance of some price-matching for the Gamestop Spring Sale?

Tony answered a similar question a few pages ago
, his post was in regard to gamefly but I think it also applies to gamestop

T9rTk6Q.gif

#9379 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

Why do I want Toilet Tycoon:-k

#9380 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Why do I want Toilet Tycoon:-k

because of the AMAZING reviews

#9381 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

Hey Tony if you are on, on if anyone else can answer my question. (Amazon chat won't load for me right now) There is a promotion running at amazon where you trade in 20$ worth of video games you get a 20$ credit that expires after a date.

Does amazon video game trade in credit apply to their digital sales?

Where's the link to this promotion? Would help to answer the question if we could actually see the wording that they use. I think it should work since they often give video game credit with digital games. I mean, I remember when I bought The Cave they gave promotional credit, which I then used it on a digital game. Unless it's specifically worded as digital video game credit I don't see why video game credit wouldn't work on digital games.

Edited by lnknprk, 21 April 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#9382 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

Why isnt most wanted on sale but most dlcs are?
Posted Image

#9383 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Make the DLC cheap and people will buy the game!

...no wait, that's spɹɐʍʞɔɐq #-o

#9384 scrappler

scrappler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

Where's the link to this promotion? Would help to answer the question if we could actually see the wording that they use. I think it should work since they often give video game credit with digital games. I mean, I remember when I bought The Cave they gave promotional credit, which I then used it on a digital game. Unless it's specifically worded as digital video game credit I don't see why video game credit wouldn't work on digital games.

http://www.amazon.co..._rd_i=979418011
Posted Image

#9385 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

http://www.amazon.co..._rd_i=979418011

For a limited time, trade in $20 worth of video games, consoles or accessories and get a $20 video games bonus credit in addition to your trade-in value.

How to redeem this offer:
1. Search for your qualifying item using the search below
2. Select the item(s) you'd like to trade
3. Send in your item(s) for processing following the instructions provided
4. If your trade-in is accepted, the promotion will be applied automatically to your purchase of qualifying video games items

Please see the full Terms and Conditions below.
Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#9386 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

That would appeal to MOSTLY those who already own NFS: Most Wanted (2012)...
...AND maybe those crazy enough to buy Most Wanted 2012 now + the cheap DLC's.

I'd love to see NFS: Most Wanted 2012 (base game) go on sale CHEAP...
...even though I just recently bought a racing game from Steam yesterday (Ridge Racer Unbounded Bundle for $8.49, before the deal ended).

#9387 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

[Amazon] Medal of Honor: Warfighter $10 at Amazon US. Registers on Origin.
[Amazon] Mirror's Edge Pure Time Trial -50% ($2.49)

#9388 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

If the dlc was standalone and all you got was those cars from the dlc i would :)

I would get mohwf from bestbuy because they have limited editions which come with dlc(released already) and bf4 beta access
they have it for 14.99
Posted Image

#9389 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq s,buıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

#9390 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran