Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#9421 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

Does Amazon have spring sales, like summer or winter? or this are the spring sales?

They've had sales in the summer, usually b4 steam.

I think May-hem is going to be the next big sale. It was last year.

#9422 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

was there any Amazon Spring sale last year ? i just cant remember.

#9423 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:24 AM

was there any Amazon Spring sale last year ? i just cant remember.

May is spring I think.:drool: May-hem I remember having good deals but I can't be sure as to what I bought.

I think the best deal was COD: MW2 for $5 but I think that was february.

I for one would like to see Gears of War 1 be sold by Amazon at some point ($5.00)

#9424 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:25 AM

hope Tony will bring some awesome deals for May.

#9425 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

i remember Tony gave us a borderlands 2 deal few weeks ago.anyone remember what was the price on that Deal ?
I never interested in borderlands until few days ago, coz i played the 1st Borderlands 10 months ago for like 3 hours & i stopped coz i got a massive headache from that game. I wanted to throw up. I think coz of that Art style that hits me. but few days ago i gave it another shot & i was amazed how good Borderlands. No headaches anymore. so much fun. now i put more than 30+ hours & i finished the main campaign . Now im doing DLCs. I really want to buy & play Borderlands 2 once i finished Borderlands DLCS.. i feel bad now i missed that deal. i even never looked at that deal properly. What was the price Amazon offered ?

Edited by heroes159, 23 April 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#9426 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

i remember Tony gave us a borderlands 2 deal few weeks ago.anyone remember what was the price on that Deal ?
I never interested in borderlands until few days ago, coz i played the 1st Borderlands 10 months ago for like 3 hours & i stopped coz i got a massive headache from that game. I wanted to throw up. I think coz of that Art style that hits me. but few days ago i gave it another game & i was amazed how good Borderlands. No headaches anymore. so much fun. now i put more than 30+ hours & i finished the main campaign . Now im doing DLCs. I really want to buy & play Borderlands 2 once i finished Borderlands DLCS.. i feel bad now i missed that deal. i even never looked at that deal properly. What was the price Amazon offered ?

29.99 I think.

It has been cheaper around 20.00 and will hit that mark permanently soon, definitely for the steam summer sale. But I remember it being on sale for 19.99 to 24.99 at different places.

People were selling keys for 15.00 on the steam trade thread for a long time, you can prolly still get it for somewhere near that; but most people that have not bought it by now, like me, are waiting for the GOTY edition.

#9427 Awkward1099

Awkward1099

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

29.99 I think.

It has been cheaper around 20.00 and will hit that mark permanently soon, definitely for the steam summer sale. But I remember it being on sale for 19.99 to 24.99 at different places.

People were selling keys for 15.00 on the steam trade thread for a long time, you can prolly still get it for somewhere near that; but most people that have not bought it by now, like me, are waiting for the GOTY edition.

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=8790

Hey guys,

Info on the Goldbox starting soon:

Borderlands 2 + Season Pass - $24.99
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - $9.99
Borderlands 2 - $19.99

Cheers,
Tony

#9428 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

I never interested in borderlands until few days ago, coz i played the 1st Borderlands 10 months ago for like 3 hours & i stopped coz i got a massive headache from that game. I wanted to throw up. I think coz of that Art style that hits me. but few days ago i gave it another game & i was amazed how good Borderlands. No headaches anymore. so much fun. now i put more than 30+ hours & i finished the main campaign . Now im doing DLCs. I really want to buy & play Borderlands 2 once i finished Borderlands DLCS.. i feel bad now i missed that deal. i even never looked at that deal properly. What was the price Amazon offered ?

Wait for GamersGate or GMG to have another sale. They'll have things for cheaper.

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#9429 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

thanks guys.

If we are guessing , i think Borderlands 2 goty should release in Late July maybe. coz last DLC for Borderlands 2 releasing in June.
anyway whats was the retail price of Borderland Goty when it was released. if it is 49$ , its better buy the Borderlands 2 + season pass from next Amazon sale. its cheaper :D

#9430 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

thanks guys.

If we are guessing , i think Borderlands 2 goty should release in Late July maybe. coz last DLC for Borderlands 2 releasing in June.
anyway whats was the retail price of Borderland Goty when it was released. if it is 49$ , its better buy the Borderlands 2 + season pass from next Amazon sale. its cheaper :D

You've got the right idea, but the base game has been much cheaper elsewhere, and the season pass has been about the same price elsewhere. Unless Amazon pulls another Borderlands 2 sale out soon (not likely, I think) for a better price, you're better off watching GreenManGaming and GamersGate for a sale. There's a high chance the game + the season pass will be cheaper than $25.

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#9431 Awkward1099

Awkward1099

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

thanks guys.

There won't be a Borderlands 2 GOTY for quite some time. Especially not in July.

#9432 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

There won't be a Borderlands 2 GOTY for quite some time. Especially not in July.

I heard some rumors about 2nd DLC Season planned for Borderlands 2. If thats real, im sure we wont see a goty edition for another year. Anyway so whats your reason for saying Especially not in July :cry:

#9433 Mippo

Mippo

One and Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Honest question for you Tony... If Amazon is willing to give refunds to people who purchased Sim City which is still occurring to this day and seems to be a fairly big acknowledgment that the game is completely broken (As refunds are not normally given), why is Amazon running a sale and advertising the same game that they are giving out refunds on?

Kind of seems a bit contradictory? Amazon pulled the game originally, and still grants refunds for people who got scammed into purchasing it, but simultaneously advertises the same game?

#9434 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Honest question for you Tony... If Amazon is willing to give refunds to people who purchased Sim City which is still occurring to this day and seems to be a fairly big acknowledgment that the game is completely broken (As refunds are not normally given), why is Amazon running a sale and advertising the same game that they are giving out refunds on?

Kind of seems a bit contradictory? Amazon pulled the game originally, and still grants refunds for people who got scammed into purchasing it, but simultaneously advertises the same game?

Grinding a big axe there aren't we?

Son and his friends love the game, and it's playing just fine. The always online aspect of the game is a limitation yes, but it also adds a lot of gameplay dynamics. It's not DRM, they just made an MMO.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#9435 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

You just reminded me patch 2.0 is out! Must update, it has an epic list of changes. I love the game myself anyway. My most played game this year by a long way. Don't assume everyone hates it and should be blocked from buying it.

#9436 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

Thanks for the question, have you been having problems playing the game?

We pulled the game when we were unable to QA it, meaning when our QA team tried to play the game didn't work.

There are tons of games out there that people dislike for various reasons, if we refused to promote/advertise games based on internet rage I struggle to think of a game we'd be able to promote :).

If you have information that I don't regarding the game not functioning at scale let me know and I'll have our QA team re-test it.

I love the game myself anyway. My most played game this year by a long way. Don't assume everyone hates it and should be blocked from buying it.

Son and his friends love the game, and it's playing just fine. The always online aspect of the game is a limitation yes, but it also adds a lot of gameplay dynamics. It's not DRM, they just made an MMO.

Following up on this, you're basically asking why the two customers above are able to buy this game on Amazon.com. As you can see from their posts, there seems to be an audience out there playing the game and enjoying it. Our contact/refund percentage on the title remains extremely low, yet sales volume is high, which is another indicator that the game performs as advertised.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#9437 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

5$ for the city DLC is still too much, at 10$ it was outrageously expensive. I'm english and still couldn't bear to pay 5$ for London landmarks. The posted reviews didn't help either. Maybe 2.50, so I guess no DLC for me.
Posted Image

#9438 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Hey tony!, sales like Football Manager 2013 and Battlefield 3 DLC are running until 4/30 too?

#9439 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

Hey tony!, sales like Football Manager 2013 and Battlefield 3 DLC are running until 4/30 too?

Yeah, sorry I didn't list them in the OP because they are in a separate section of my spreadsheet.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#9440 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Thanks for the question, have you been having problems playing the game?

We pulled the game when we were unable to QA it, meaning when our QA team tried to play the game didn't work.

There are tons of games out there that people dislike for various reasons, if we refused to promote/advertise games based on internet rage I struggle to think of a game we'd be able to promote :).

If you have information that I don't regarding the game not functioning at scale let me know and I'll have our QA team re-test it.

Following up on this, you're basically asking why the two customers above are able to buy this game on Amazon.com. As you can see from their posts, there seems to be an audience out there playing the game and enjoying it. Our contact/refund percentage on the title remains extremely low, yet sales volume is high, which is another indicator that the game performs as advertised.

Cheers,
Tony

I actually quite enjoyed the beta of SimCity but as a cag, I don't see myself spending more than $10.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#9441 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

I actually quite enjoyed the beta of SimCity but as a cag, I don't see myself spending more than $10.

Same here. For $10, I (and a couple of friends) would probably pick it up.

Selling a Steam gift/tradeable copy of: Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe ($4.98)

#9442 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

LOL sounds like the crap straight from EA's mouth.

There is nothing MMO about Simcity.

#9443 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

MMO or not im totally interested about Simcity coz i never played a simcity game. i really dont care for always online coz i need to be online to run steam or origin to play games. Future gaming will be always online(within another 5-10 years). so i dont mind about this DRM.Only reason i didnt bought this coz of my backlog. In my region( Sri Lanka) i can buy this game for 27 $ on release date from Origin store.. im gonna buy this game after it dropped to 15$ or 10$. from looks, its a cool game. Hope it will sell more. Maxis working hard to fix this game. I read 2.0 patch notes & its massive. I sure lots of problems will be fixed now.

#9444 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

LOL sounds like the crap straight from EA's mouth.

There is nothing MMO about Simcity.

Hardly, what I'm actually giving you is real experience from a gamer whose xbox live tag is "I hate EA"

The MMO aspect of the game is how friends cites interact and change your cities dynamics in real time. It's not DRM, however it is a feature that excludes many people from playing the game. Maxis made a design choice, which was poorly communicated and worse, not stress tested. EA payed the price, CEO gone, free game to everyone, lesson learnt. But the game is now fixed, and therefore day 0 reviews are no longer relevant.

Once you've played the game for yourself, I'd actually be interested in your opinion, but for now I'd say you're repeating "Crap".
Posted Image

#9445 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

MMO or not im totally interested about Simcity coz i never played a simcity game. i really dont care for always online coz i need to be online to run steam or origin to play games. Future gaming will be always online(within another 5-10 years). so i dont mind about this DRM.Only reason i didnt bought this coz of my backlog. In my region( Sri Lanka) i can buy this game for 27 $ on release date from Origin store.. im gonna buy this game after it dropped to 15$ or 10$. from looks, its a cool game. Hope it will sell more. Maxis working hard to fix this game. I read 2.0 patch notes & its massive. I sure lots of problems will be fixed now.

Buy SimCity 4 Deluxe, you will get a vastly superior game at a vastly cheaper price.

The 2.0 patch that just came out has TONS of issues and they didn't fix a lot of the true issues they addressed instead put in conditions. For example, you have RCI (Residential, Commercial, Industrial zoning) and you need to find a balance for a city, that is how it was for all previous Simcity's as well. Well in the new one you could do a city 100% Residential and it would flourish, well in the 2.0 patch they address this by simply putting in a condition that if a city is just Residential for xx amount of time it will fail. They put in a bandaid and didn't address the real problem of the zones relying on one another, they still don't, this is a fundamental part of the game that is broken.

Really, Simcity 4 Deluxe is such a superior game it is sad, and with mods you could do so much more. If you have never played a Simcity game, they are unique and aren't for everyone and for that reason alone I would suggest buying the cheap Simcity 4 when it is on sale too at the very least test to see if you like it. This new Simcity is currently VERY VERY broken still and extremely limiting in its current state. Maxis will be supporting the game and patching it a lot, but they have a very long road ahead of them.

#9446 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Hardly, what I'm actually giving you is real experience from a gamer whose xbox live tag is "I hate EA"

The MMO aspect of the game is how friends cites interact and change your cities dynamics in real time. It's not DRM, however it is a feature that excludes many people from playing the game. Maxis made a design choice, which was poorly communicated and worse, not stress tested. EA payed the price, CEO gone, free game to everyone, lesson learnt. But the game is now fixed, and therefore day 0 reviews are no longer relevant.

Once you've played the game for yourself, I'd actually be interested in your opinion, but for now I'd say you're repeating "Crap".

MMO stands for massive multiplayer online. So having a region of 16 cities is massive? Are you going to tell me Call of Duty are MMO's too now with your definition?

Sorry, but they could have offered the multiplayer without the game having to be always on, but I wont get into it.

As I stated in the post above this, the game is far far far from fixed and the 0 day reviews are still relevant, but not all parts of them are, as at least now you can play the game.

I put quite a bit of time into the game, built an a few great wonders in private regions and have made many many cities (not that it takes long to do with how small the plots are). According to Origin I put in 68 hours, I would say roughly 1/3 of that was AFK as I let my city generator money when I wasn't playing and just letting the game run. SO I am not repeating "Crap" and have put in a lot of time with the game and know what its shortcomings are.

#9447 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Buy SimCity 4 Deluxe, you will get a vastly superior game at a vastly cheaper price.

The 2.0 patch that just came out has TONS of issues and they didn't fix a lot of the true issues they addressed instead put in conditions. For example, you have RCI (Residential, Commercial, Industrial zoning) and you need to find a balance for a city, that is how it was for all previous Simcity's as well. Well in the new one you could do a city 100% Residential and it would flourish, well in the 2.0 patch they address this by simply putting in a condition that if a city is just Residential for xx amount of time it will fail. They put in a bandaid and didn't address the real problem of the zones relying on one another, they still don't, this is a fundamental part of the game that is broken.

Really, Simcity 4 Deluxe is such a superior game it is sad, and with mods you could do so much more. If you have never played a Simcity game, they are unique and aren't for everyone and for that reason alone I would suggest buying the cheap Simcity 4 when it is on sale too at the very least test to see if you like it. This new Simcity is currently VERY VERY broken still and extremely limiting in its current state. Maxis will be supporting the game and patching it a lot, but they have a very long road ahead of them.

You may be right that SimCity 4 Deluxe is currently superior in some ways, but not all ways, and the version you reference was hardly the 1st incarnation of the SimCity 4, and is a 10 year old game with outdated graphics. Considering 2.0 has been released within days of SimCity's release I expect the game will continue to improve, but it's already fun and interesting. I think of this in the same way Civ V has evolved, the 2nd expansion pack adds many enhancements that some folks complained weren't in the original game, and frankly some people just like to complain. I say SimCity is still a worthwhile game, and should be given a chance. Dismissing it out of hand because it doesn't have your "breed of dog" is just pointless. The price is dropping (I paid less), and for 30$ I think most folks will get value for their money. It may eventually reach 10$, but not for a while.

And arguing the definition of MMO is also pointless, my point is simply that it's online, and multiplayer, and real time, name that what you will. I don't know if you played extensively online with friends, but that mode is what my son enjoyed the most.
Posted Image

#9448 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

You may be right that SimCity 4 Deluxe is currently superior in some ways, but not all ways, and the version you reference was hardly the 1st incarnation of the SimCity 4, and is a 10 year old game with outdated graphics. Considering 2.0 has been released within days of SimCity's release I expect the game will continue to improve, but it's already fun and interesting. I think of this in the same way Civ V has evolved, the 2nd expansion pack adds many enhancements that some folks complained weren't in the original game, and frankly some people just like to complain. I say SimCity is still a worthwhile game, and should be given a chance. Dismissing it out of hand because it doesn't have your "breed of dog" is just pointless. The price is dropping (I paid less), and for 30$ I think most folks will get value for their money. It may eventually reach 10$, but not for a while.

Yes, Simcity 4 wasn't a very good game till the Rush Hour expansion, but it wasn't in such a broken state as the current Simcity is. Simcity 4 also has a monster advantage in the fact it can be modded and is one of the major reasons it is still so popular even today.

2.0 was released within days of Simcitys's release? What? Simcity released 6-7 weeks ago now and the 2.0 patch came out yesterday.
I'm not dismissing it because it doesn't have your "breed of dog" I am knocking on the game because it has fundamental issues at the core of its simulations. This isn't stuff you can just look over and be like, awesome still! No, this is the stuff is breaking the game and is what they are currently putting bandaids on because it is going to require a lot of patches to fix. I'm not saying the game may not be worth purchasing in the future (I surely hope it does become so because it would mean it has been fixed), but these issues it has are not small little bugs.

Just because you want to turn a blind eye and ignore major underlying issues with the core of the simulations at hand doesn't mean they are not there and aren't problems.

#9449 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

MMO or not im totally interested about Simcity coz i never played a simcity game.

SimCity 4 Deluxe is pretty good.

i really dont care for always online coz i need to be online to run steam or origin to play games.

There's an offline mode for Steam & Origin, if your connection goes out.
If you can't get online, the game-client can boot into offline mode if necessary w/ Steam and Origin, as well.

My connection ain't always the most reliable connection in the world - and I have Comcast XFinity here.

Future gaming will be always online(within another 5-10 years).

I'd rather my games be "play game offline, but I can go online if I so chose to" - you know, like actually Diablo 2 and Torchlight 2 support.

I cringe for the day when "Always online DRM" becomes a requirement; and even worse yet "Cloud Gaming" become a requirement instead of excellent additional option.

so i dont mind about this DRM.Only reason i didnt bought this coz of my backlog. In my region( Sri Lanka) i can buy this game for 27 $ on release date from Origin store.. im gonna buy this game after it dropped to 15$ or 10$. from looks, its a cool game. Hope it will sell more. Maxis working hard to fix this game. I read 2.0 patch notes & its massive. I sure lots of problems will be fixed now.

$10 or less, I might be interested in it - b/c that's normally what rentals cost. I don't like my games to be forced to be "rentals," more or less.
It should ME who decides if a game is worth-playing again, all on my time, dime, PC, and watch.

EDIT:

And arguing the definition of MMO is also pointless, my point is simply that it's online, and multiplayer, and real time, name that what you will.

But that's not MMO!
Since MMO's are on literally a "MASSIVE" scales with literally hundreds of players and/or more running around on the SAME SERVERS and in the same actual game-world/instance.

I don't know if you played extensively online with friends, but that mode is what my son enjoyed the most.

SimCity 2013 is, more or less, an online-required game, to be technical here.

Since some players been knocked offline and still been able to play for a good say 20 minutes or so before the game kicks them out of the game completely, calling it a MMO or can be EXTREMELY questionable.
Hell, it might even be questionable calling it an "online game", given what I just mentioned - which is why many been wanting an "offline" play mode.

Edited by MysterD, 23 April 2013 - 09:56 PM.

#9450 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

Yes, Simcity 4 wasn't a very good game till the Rush Hour expansion, but it wasn't in such a broken state as the current Simcity is. Simcity 4 also has a monster advantage in the fact it can be modded and is one of the major reasons it is still so popular even today.

2.0 was released within days of Simcitys's release? What? Simcity released 6-7 weeks ago now and the 2.0 patch came out yesterday.
I'm not dismissing it because it doesn't have your "breed of dog" I am knocking on the game because it has fundamental issues at the core of its simulations. This isn't stuff you can just look over and be like, awesome still! No, this is the stuff is breaking the game and is what they are currently putting bandaids on because it is going to require a lot of patches to fix. I'm not saying the game may not be worth purchasing in the future (I surely hope it does become so because it would mean it has been fixed), but these issues it has are not small little bugs.

Just because you want to turn a blind eye and ignore major underlying issues with the core of the simulations at hand doesn't mean they are not there and aren't problems.

And you said I was argumentative. :roll:

bZ2g3eF.png