Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#961 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

FYI for those who had the issue with DoW and the DLC pack yesterday here's what we're doing:

We'll be removing all the current keys for that title from your games and software library and replacing them with the correct key.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#962 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Can anyone comment how much You Don't Know Jack depends on Amerikan pop kulture knowledge?

I ask because I utterly fail at most pop culture references, and thus, supposing it does, I might not enjoy it.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#963 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

FYI for those who had the issue with DoW and the DLC pack yesterday here's what we're doing:

We'll be removing all the current keys for that title from your games and software library and replacing them with the correct key.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks for the update

#964 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Can anyone comment how much You Don't Know Jack depends on Amerikan pop kulture knowledge?

I ask because I utterly fail at most pop culture references, and thus, supposing it does, I might not enjoy it.

Most of the questions asked are still general knowledge. Sometimes they use metaphors referring to pop culture to describe the questions, but for the most part its just general stuff

#965 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Most of the questions asked are still general knowledge. Sometimes they use metaphors referring to pop culture to describe the questions, but for the most part its just general stuff

Yeah, they might have a topic called "Spear Hunting" and ask something like "If Britney Spears eats hot wings at a rate of one per minute, after three years, she'll have eaten enough hot wings to cover the surface area of which US city?" but few things that require knowing who she actually IS.

#966 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony!

#967 Thadar

Thadar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Why no Stardock Tony? Get with the Stardock! =)

#968 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

YDKJ is back up at 2.99

YDKJ is back up guys and will be up until 1/20 :).

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony!!!!!! You fucking rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife will be ecstatic when she sees this on Steam. :bouncy:
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#969 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

hmmm what to buy..

#970 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

And then it's auction time after that and who the heck knows what will happen to it?

For anyone even thinking about it I wouldn't hesitate on it since its future is uncertain and it's a great deal at this price. Even if it's not the best most definitive version of YDKJ ever, it's still a fun game and well worth the $3 imho. I mean it's weird as hell, but still fun and informative.

I actually never played the YDKJ games before so it definitely had a lot of WTF moments for it. It's certainly not dull in presentation, I'll say that much for it. ;)

I would double-dip, but I already own the PS3 version and all of its associated DLC -- Some of the best money I spent last year (I paid MSRP for the game, which was only ~30 or 40 bucks.)

I'll support Jellyvision and YDKJ until I can no longer!

#971 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Not sure if it's Amazon that's becoming my favorite vendor for steam games or if it's Tony...
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#972 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

You think you're surprised now, just wait until your Small Wonder DVD box set arrives.

This literally caused a giant coughing fit I couldn't stop LOLing.

#973 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Cheers,
Tony

How do we get the correct keys? Will this be automatic for everyone who bought the bundle? Also will the old keys be invalidated? I gave my copies away, since I couldn't use them.

#974 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

is this entirely automated or do we need to initiate some sort of ticket?

Automated. Similar to the Supreme Commander issue/resolution with the Square Enix packs a few months ago.

#975 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Tony, you need to do something about pre-orders' prices :D I went nuts when I saw Aliens: Colonial Marines Pre-order on Steam today, and although Amazon's price is $45 vs $50 plus a $5 credit, it is still not as good as GMG's $37.50 + $3 credit :cry:

fs_pc.png

#976 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

How do we get the correct keys? Will this be automatic for everyone who bought the bundle? Also will the old keys be invalidated? I gave my copies away, since I couldn't use them.

We don't have plans to invalidate keys, we'll just replace the ones in your game and software library.

Automated. Similar to the Supreme Commander issue/resolution with the Square Enix packs a few months ago.

QFT, we'll handle it.
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#977 mnuttster

mnuttster

CAG It Up!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Tony, you need to do something about pre-orders' prices :D I went nuts when I saw Aliens: Colonial Marines Pre-order on Steam today, and although Amazon's price is $45 vs $50 plus a $5 credit, it is still not as good as GMG's $37.50 + $3 credit :cry:

My small wish/pipe dream would be for a solid pre-order download price on Dead Space 3 or Bioshock Infinite...probably more an issue with the publisher not wanting to have pre-order price breaks than anything, but a guy can dream right?

#978 ojaybaby

ojaybaby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

Not sure if it's Amazon that's becoming my favorite vendor for steam games or if it's Tony...

Well Tony is a great frontman, but Amazon gave him the opportunity...

Basically, everyone wins.

#979 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Well Tony is a great frontman, but Amazon gave him the opportunity...

Basically, everyone wins.

QFT. Although I don't know how I feel about the word frontman.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#980 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Didn't find anything in the Steam trade thread so I will post here. If anyone who bought the Amazon DOW bundle has a Titan Quest Gold key they want to get rid of send me a pm. Thanks!

#981 zinger_ma

zinger_ma

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Didn't find anything in the Steam trade thread so I will post here. If anyone who bought the Amazon DOW bundle has a Titan Quest Gold key they want to get rid of send me a pm. Thanks!

Sent PM

#982 Zakart

Zakart

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Dear Tony,
Editor's choice list is in a very sad state right now and prices are inflated as much as my tuition fee from last year (although it can be argued that I may get more worth for my money by spending it on a freaking EC digital game than I did for my degree but I digress).

In short, I have received some Amazon digital gift cards and they are burning a hole in my boxers and the only hole I wanted for peeing purposes is already there so please save my boxer (even when it is the cheap branded fruit of loom walmart crap), throw a deal, or two...on Xcom or BL2 or skyrim or dishonored or else link me to Anti-depressants on Amazon...or wine.

Thanks

#983 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

or else link me to Anti-depressants on Amazon...or wine.

^Done...

#984 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Dear Tony,
Editor's choice list is in a very sad state right now and prices are inflated as much as my tuition fee from last year (although it can be argued that I may get more worth for my money by spending it on a freaking EC digital game than I did for my degree but I digress).

In short, I have received some Amazon digital gift cards and they are burning a hole in my boxers and the only hole I wanted for peeing purposes is already there so please save my boxer (even when it is the cheap branded fruit of loom walmart crap), throw a deal, or two...on Xcom or BL2 or skyrim or dishonored or else link me to Anti-depressants on Amazon...or wine.

Thanks

They had XCOM for $25[after coupon], BL2 for $25[after coupon], and Amazon doesn't carry Bethesda games.

This is in addition too:

Dark Souls $13, Hotline Miami $2.50, DoW Bundle $5, Kingsdoms Amalur $10, TWD $7.50, Darksiders Bundle $8, DArkness 2 $2.50, Spec Ops:TL $2.50, etc etc etc.

The above deals all ran for several days if not weeks [excluding the DoW bundle]. I would suggest you keep checking the EC list often and prepare for more great deals!!!

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#985 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

They had XCOM for $25[after coupon], BL2 for $20[after coupon], and Amazon doesn't carry Bethesda games.

This is in addition too:

Dark Souls $13, Hotline Miami $2.50, DoW Bundle $5, Kingsdoms Amalur $10, TWD $7.50, Darksiders Bundle $8, DArkness 2 $2.50, Spec Ops:TL $2.50, etc etc etc.

The above deals all ran for several days if not weeks [excluding the DoW bundle]. I would suggest you keep checking the EC list often and prepare for more great deals!!!

FTFY and QFT :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#986 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Also, for those with EC coupons, Far Cry 3 (not Steam version) can be yours for $29.99 soon.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#987 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Just because they aren't deals for you doesn't mean they aren't deals.

#988 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Okay, I'm in for You Don't Know Jack (2011).
Activated on Steam and DLing.

Glad you brought the deal back, Tony!

#989 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Also, for those with EC coupons, Far Cry 3 (not Steam version) can be yours for $29.99 soon.

Cheers,
Tony

OOooo, so tempting! Gonna have to examine ignore my backlog for that one.

#990 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

Steam version of 2K's Sid Meier's Pirates $2.50 -- go!