Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#10171 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

It says Mature on the store page.

If Tony says it's the AO version, I believe him. Note that other information on the page is wrong, Release Date: Oct 29, 2007 ...but the PC release didn't happen until Nov 6, 2009.

Edited by asheskitty, 10 May 2013 - 06:07 PM.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#10172 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

Updates on missing links:

GTA III
Manhunt 2 - AO Editon
Manhunt

Thanks Tony!!! I snagged Manhunt 2 (only one I was missing). The $5 Rockstar credit really sweetens the deal.

Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

#10173 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

Securom-ew :(

Weird, the boxart and my information from 2K states AO. Let me call my guy and confirm real quick.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#10174 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

So, I shouldn't wait for 29th to buy manHunt ryt :)

#10175 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

So, I shouldn't wait for 29th to buy manHunt ryt :)

If you're just buying Manhunt I'd wait, if you're getting multiple Rockstar games I'd grab something you want now. Example:

Manhunt is $5 right now, we'll have a bundle with Max Payne 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, and L.A. Noire for $11.99 on the 29th, so you could get Manhunt, MP3, GTA IV, and L.A. Noire for $11.99 if you bought Manhunt today.

Similarly we'll have another bundle with: GTA IV Complete + La Noire Complete + GTA San Andreas for $11.99 so the same concept applies.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#10176 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Based on the timeline, I doubt there was an ESRB M release for PC, since the PC release happened a year after all the controversy blew over. The AO PC release allowed them to sell to their audience The way it's meant to be played, bypassing the totalitarian console overlords.

Timeline: http://en.wikipedia....t_2#Controversy

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#10177 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

Spoiler

Manhunt is $5 right now, we'll have a bundle with Max Payne 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, and L.A. Noire for $11.99 on the 29th, so you could get Manhunt, MP3, GTA IV, and L.A. Noire for $11.99 if you bought Manhunt today.
Spoiler

Tony, is that correct? The bundle with MP3 only has the base version of L.A. Noire not the complete version that the other bundle has?

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#10178 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

From my Rockstar contact:

Manhunt 2 (PC) is AO.

Manhunt is M rated.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#10179 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

Ah Fuck, why securom??

How bad is it?? Just key check? A single time activation?? Activation limits??

:cold:

#10180 CthulhuSaves

CthulhuSaves

Slack Shatnerologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Will the Sleeping Dogs Complete bundle be offered as just "game + DLC" or will their also be a separate "complete DLC" option for those of us that already bought the game?

#10181 melted77

melted77

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

So if you buy the L.A. Noire DLC bundle for $5.99 you also get the coupon? Sounds like a deal.

#10182 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

I tried looking over the thread and seeing what was going on with the $5 Rockstar credit. So are we only allowed x1 $5 Rockstar credit, or can we get more?
Indie Gala Codemasters / January bundles $2.50 each. Indie Gala Capsule Computers $3.65 each. 70+ Steam keys for sale. Check out my trade thread. Direct Link:
Need to buy something from Green Man Gaming? Use this referral link and create an account and make a purchase then both of our accounts will be credited $2

#10183 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

I tried looking over the thread and seeing what was going on with the $5 Rockstar credit. So are we only allowed x1 $5 Rockstar credit, or can we get more?

Tony said multiples were allowed.

#10184 madjoki

madjoki

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

Similarly we'll have another bundle with: GTA IV Complete + La Noire Complete + GTA San Andreas for $11.99 so the same concept applies.

Is Steam version of IV Complete single serial or two?
I want La Noire Complete & GTA San Andreas and it would be nice to get steam version of EFLC (have regular IV + Vice in Steam) this sounds almost perfect.

#10185 T1BillionX

T1BillionX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

Btw Sleeping Dogs Complete will be towards the end of the May sale, May 29th to be specific.

Cheers,
Tony

Thank you Tony, you are the best!!

Is Bully not a part of the Rockstar promo?

#10186 eulogywerd21

eulogywerd21

APPLAUSE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

Ah Fuck, why securom??

How bad is it?? Just key check? A single time activation?? Activation limits??

:cold:

Oh man, this is the worst Securom I've ever seen. Totally took over my PC, made long distance phone calls, is keeping my family hostage, and may or may not have raped my cat... He can't speak, but he's walking funny.
jkimrey: Do it man! It's a steam key - one place for all your games. Plus, you gotta catch 'em all.

#10187 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

If you're just buying Manhunt I'd wait, if you're getting multiple Rockstar games I'd grab something you want now. Example:

Cheers,
Tony

How about a GTA IV Complete + MP3? :) Regardless those are great prices. I'll probably get the MP3, GTA IV, LA Noire bundle even though I own LA Noire - and since there's a $5 credit I might as well grab Midnight Club 2 because it'd effectively be free.

#10188 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

Oh man, this is the worst Securom I've ever seen. Totally took over my PC, made long distance phone calls, is keeping my family hostage, and may or may not have raped my cat... He can't speak, but he's walking funny.

Chronicle of Riddick's Securom assassinated Archduke Ferdinand. =/

#10189 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

Sorry, my nephew did that... I forgot to switch accounts before letting him on the computer. I'll be sure he gets a spanking. Also after seeing what he does to action figures, just walk away... you don't want to know the fate of your family.

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#10190 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

Negative, if those prices look hot I'd grab them. Our Crysis Max + Crysis 2 Max bundle will be a better deal next week, I need to look up the others.

Cheers,
Tony

How are this and this not "hot looking" prices? Are you really going to have better prices on those?

I think GameFly has a coupon code going anyways (not sure), and judging from Amazon's not pricematching GF in the past, if anyone is interested in those, I'd strongly suggest you just grab them from GF now.

Posted Image

Chronicle of Riddick's Securom assassinated Archduke Ferdinand. =/

Riddick was the abomination that is Tages, actually. Tages has a nasty string of rape-murder-suicides to its name.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#10191 :Mephistox:

:Mephistox:

Be Adequate!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

Already have everything, even Manhunt 2 (from D2D, which I backed up so my $5 weren't lost after the merger).

Can't wait to see the other deals!

#10192 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Tony, is that correct? The bundle with MP3 only has the base version of L.A. Noire not the complete version that the other bundle has?

Wondering this as well.

#10193 Awkward1099

Awkward1099

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

Tony will you have a Bully/Manhunt pack? I almost bought it from Gamersgate but was hesitant. Obviously Manhunt 2 isn't Steam, but is the Manhunt deal Steam activated?

#10194 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

How are this and this not "hot looking" prices? Are you really going to have better prices on those?

I think GameFly has a coupon code going anyways (not sure), and judging from Amazon's not pricematching GF in the past, if anyone is interested in those, I'd strongly suggest you just grab them from GF now.

Posted Image

Riddick was the abomination that is Tages, actually. Tages has a nasty string of rape-murder-suicides to its name.

Sorry for the confusion, no we don't have an Amalur bundle planned or a Bulletstorm/Syndicate, which is why I was saying that you should grab from GF if you're interested.

We definitely have the Crysis Pack at $11.99,

Tony will you have a Bully/Manhunt pack? I almost bought it from Gamersgate but was hesitant. Obviously Manhunt 2 isn't Steam, but is the Manhunt deal Steam activated?

Negative we won't have that bundle and both Manhunts are Securom.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#10195 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

While a few CAGs seem up in a tizzy that of the SecuROM "horror" of Manhunt 2*, I'd remind you of the OP...

*Jeez... I'm just happy to buy it from Amazon at a good price (great price if you count the $5 Rockstar credit).

Posted Image

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#10196 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Sorry for the confusion, no we don't have an Amalur bundle planned or a Bulletstorm/Syndicate, which is why I was saying that you should grab from GF if you're interested.

I already have/am not interesting in any of those GF sales, but I honestly have to ask: Why no pricematching GameFly?

They're a US site, you carry those games, and you aren't going to be running similar deals on those games soon. So why does Amazon almost never pricematch GameFly? I can only think of one time (I think) that it happened.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#10197 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

Tony,

is that correct? The bundle with MP3 only has the base version of L.A. Noire and GTA IV and not the complete version that the other bundle has?

#10198 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

Btw Sleeping Dogs Complete will be towards the end of the May sale, May 29th to be specific.

Cheers,
Tony

Awesome deal, definitely picking up Sleeping Dogs Complete for $12.99!
Sign up for GreenManGaming using my link and get $2 credit when you spend $2 or more!

#10199 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

I already have/am not interesting in any of those GF sales, but I honestly have to ask: Why no pricematching GameFly?

Not speaking for Tony, just from my experience in various industries:

Speaking from my knowledge with both e-sale of digital products and physical products (both online and in a major retail chain) (including limited knowledge with video game publishers, extensive knowledge of other media), the answer is that it simply isn't that simple. You have deals with each publisher, and sales are generally either offered as a credit (in B&M settings this is often called a 'POS' Credit) or a straight up-front slash to the retail where both parties take less profit (for digital that is, this doesn't happen for B&M because the product is usually non-returnable outright owned by the retailer - although they may be required to meet MRSP standards to sell the product, Apple requires this as does Microsoft actually). Now in some industries discounts provided to retailers, must be provided to all retailers (this is why you often see the same game go on sale in multiple places across close time periods, that or it's a POS credit date range - in the movie industry it's often "$5 per copy sold between 1/1/13 and 1/20/13 up to seven days sales" type of deal) - but that's simple enough to get around with some smart negotiation and lawyering (must sell X copies, that no one else would ever be able to sell type of thing). Generally digital products are % of sales, with the price set explicitly by the vendor - as such you can't just change the retail and take less money - unless your contract says otherwise - you have to go to the vendor and say "hey man GF is fuxing my sales! pony up the cashhhh" to which they can reply with a multitude of other answers. Usually the retailer and the vendor cannot set day to day prices, otherwise it's collusion - sale prices however are not treated that way - it's another round of negotiations for each sale. Often better managed vendors will require proof of sales-lifts for certain deals before agreeing to help fund, or cut retail and take less profit. Etc. Anyways it's messy. It's not just changing a number in a database.

Vendor negotiations and pricing is an art and takes years to learn to do it properly, and largely slashing prices is not nearly as easy as everyone thinks - unless of course you out-right own the product and it is bought non-returnable - but really that's another animal and has it's own rules and issues.

#10200 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

tl;dr

Amazon $5 off w/EC List