Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#1021 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

or why is there a far cry 3 deal and no assassin's creed 3 deal?

Because, selfishly, I want FC3 and not AC3. ;)

#1022 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

That's kinda odd, the input from everyone has been crazy strong for a Mafia bundle. How does that equal there not being enough want for the game?

The games have never seen a bundle or amazing sale. If they did, I seriously doubt the bundle wouldn't sell pretty well....

What about bundle but no EC? I'm fine without the coupon, it'd just be great to buy them together at a bundle rate.

Answer is probably still no, but thought I'd ask ;)

This is after all a kinda small microcosm of Amazon's total market.

Spoiler

See Cheaplikeafox's comment below. We've had both for ~$2.49-$2.99 (individually) multiple times, the performance of those deals is what I'm taking about

Out of curiosity, why the sudden interest in Mafia?

I got Mafia II free with my graphics card two years ago, and Mafia I for $2.49 from Amazon last year.

I think they also put Mafia II on sale quite a bit last year.

This.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1023 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

This is after all a kinda small microcosm of Amazon's total market.

Spoiler

Well naturally, but they're no less popular of games than other bundles Amazon has promoted. There just has never been a good bundle on the games, so it's kinda obvious that Amazon wouldn't be seeing the spectacular numbers on it that it apparently wants to see before thinking there is sufficient want for the game.

I just think the reasoning is weak, that's all. I'd be willing to wager that a Mafia complete bundle would sell just as well as any other bundle... and not just to CAGs.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#1024 Correlli

Correlli

The guy with the small brain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Add my name to an interest in Mafia II. I've had my eye out for a good deal on a complete version for awhile. If I'd seen it in the $2.50 range I would have bit. It must have been on sale before I started paying regular attention to this thread.

Oh, and I'm still interested in Microsoft pack - Mark of Ninja and such. Either in a pack or alone. Hopefully we'll see something in the forseeable future!

#1025 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Out of curiosity, why the sudden interest in Mafia?

I got Mafia II free with my graphics card two years ago, and Mafia I for $2.49 from Amazon last year.

I think they also put Mafia II on sale quite a bit last year.

Because Mafia 1 is not on Steam store anymore and I think Amazon is the only place to buy a Steam redeemable version now ;)

fs_pc.png

#1026 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

See Cheaplikeafox's comment below. We've had both for ~$2.49-$2.99 (individually) multiple times, the performance of those deals is what I'm taking about
Cheers,
Tony

No worries. I was out of PC gaming for a few years, so I'm unaware of any sales last year. I didn't even know Amazon had digital distribution until last summer (which is funny since you have become my favorite digital distributor ever since).

Like I said, no worries as you are privy to much more data than I am obviously, just my two cents :)

#1027 Correlli

Correlli

The guy with the small brain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

And since I'm shilling for games, would love to see a deal on Crusader Kings II. And it's already on EC...!

#1028 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

And since I'm shilling for games, would love to see a deal on Crusader Kings II. And it's already on EC...!

I'm still working on this. No word yet :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1029 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

Because Mafia 1 is not on Steam store anymore and I think Amazon is the only place to buy a Steam redeemable version now ;)

Ah, that explains it. Well, I know GTA VC came back to steam, so maybe Mafia will too.

#1030 Zakart

Zakart

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

They had XCOM for $25[after coupon], BL2 for $25[after coupon], and Amazon doesn't carry Bethesda games.

This is in addition too:

Dark Souls $13, Hotline Miami $2.50, DoW Bundle $5, Kingsdoms Amalur $10, TWD $7.50, Darksiders Bundle $8, DArkness 2 $2.50, Spec Ops:TL $2.50, etc etc etc.

The above deals all ran for several days if not weeks [excluding the DoW bundle]. I would suggest you keep checking the EC list often and prepare for more great deals!!!

FTFY and QFT :).

Cheers,
Tony

Honorable Gentlemen,
You are confusing encouragement with chastisement, this humble addict just needs a fix on weekly basis and wants to spend Amazon gift cards. Even right now, few seconds ago...gift cards were on the coffee table DIRECTLY looking at me. I have put a cushion on top of em because I can't handle the glare of em eyes.

Thanks

I would like to see xcom $20 (after coupon+DLCs), BL2 $15 (after coupon) and The Super Amazing Bethesda Pack to Make Benefit and Jealous of GamersGate Pack for $25 (skyrim+dishonored).

Dark souls= Not my type (NMT), Hotline Miami= NMT, Dow Bundle= NMT, Kingdoms Amalur=NMT, TWD= Bought, Darksiders Bundle= bought, Darkness 2= bought, Special Ops= bought.

#1031 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

When was Mafia II that price? :-? I vaguely remember Mafia 1 being $2.5, but I don't remember 2 being so.

Regardless, I'd still buy a complete Mafia bundle for $5.

#1032 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Not this again. Don't go all hot dog guy on us please.

And yet it doesn't stop people from asking the same damn questions over and over again.

Yeah, there's only room for one American food icon in here.
ME!!!!
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#1033 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Also, for those with EC coupons, Far Cry 3 (not Steam version) can be yours for $29.99 soon.

That is very tempting.

76561197971332172.png

#1034 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Two words: Boardwalk Empire.

this

p.s. i think tony hates me

#1035 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Honorable Gentlemen,
You are confusing encouragement with chastisement, this humble addict just needs a fix on weekly basis and wants to spend Amazon gift cards. Even right now, few seconds ago...gift cards were on the coffee table DIRECTLY looking at me. I have put a cushion on top of em because I can't handle the glare of em eyes.

Thanks

I would like to see xcom $20 (after coupon+DLCs), BL2 $15 (after coupon) and The Super Amazing Bethesda Pack to Make Benefit and Jealous of GamersGate Pack for $25 (skyrim+dishonored).

Dark souls= Not my type (NMT), Hotline Miami= NMT, Dow Bundle= NMT, Kingdoms Amalur=NMT, TWD= Bought, Darksiders Bundle= bought, Darkness 2= bought, Special Ops= bought.

Lol no worries dude and I wasn't taking it as chastisement :). Just quoting for truth where applicable. Regarding those judgemental Gift Cards, I've heard it helps if you talk about what both of you really want out of your relationship.

When was Mafia II that price? :-? I vaguely remember Mafia 1 being $2.5, but I don't remember 2 being so.

I'll have to pull up my tracker for exact dates but we ran Mafia II at $2.99 at one point during the Labor Day Sale, and again at one point in November.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1036 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

this

p.s. i think tony hates me

Lol, I don't hate you tham. Also, what is Boardwalk Empire?

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1037 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

What! I don't recall those prices at all.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#1038 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

What! I don't recall those prices at all.

Lol, I guess I did my job poorly then if YOU didn't even see them.

Edit: This is not sarcasm...I think Idiotekque is secretly the guy who sits next to me at the office, because he often remembers more about our pricing than I do...

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1039 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

Lol, I guess I did my job poorly then if YOU didn't even see them.

Cheers,
Tony

True that, lol. I would snap up both of those for that price.

uwkiCEr.gif

#1040 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

Lol, I don't hate you tham. Also, what is Boardwalk Empire?

Cheers,
Tony

HBO TV series about mobsters in New Jersey set in 1920's and 30's.

#1041 KBoom

KBoom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

FWIW, Tony did mention that Mafia (don't know if it was 1, 2 or both) would not make the EC list.

Many games / packs discounted never showed up on EC list :booty:

So, why can't a Mafia pack / deal happen, well, maybe that's poor assumption on my part.

My bad, I thought the link quoted above answered the question.

To clarify, we don't have any plans for any Mafia content in the EC.

Cheers,
Tony

Okay :sadpanda:

#1042 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Tony, I would be extremely interested in a deal on Fallout 3: GOTY and Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition for 75%.

Thanks

#1043 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

True that, lol. I would snap up both of those for that price.

I hate you (not really ;)). Now you've got me going back and seeing what we did to support those promotions.

Stay tuned, I'll pitch something to Take 2.

HBO TV series about mobsters in New Jersey
set in 1920's and 30's.

I knew this, I thought there was a game reference somewhere :).

Many games / packs discounted never showed up on EC list :booty:

So, why can't a Mafia pack / deal happen, well, maybe that's poor assumption on my part.

Sorry yeah, I should have clarified, I was speaking about promoting the content in general and localized my response to the EC list specifically, totally poor communication on my part.

Cheers,
Tony

Edited by Amazon DVG Deals, 15 January 2013 - 01:37 AM.

Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1044 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

Strange. I would have thought that anyone who bought Darksiders would have some interest in Kingdoms of Amalur.

Maybe I missed mention of it but the THQ Medley pack at $7 is hot.

I don't recall Mafia II @ $3 either, but I had a really bad fever around Thanksgiving. Apart from Mafia II not being purchaseable atm, the camel seems to back up my non-recollection.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1045 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

Tony, I would be extremely interested in a deal on Fallout 3: GOTY and Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition for 75%.

Thanks

Me too man...me too.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1046 Zakart

Zakart

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

HBO TV series about mobsters in New Jersey set in 1920's and 30's.

what?!! Amazon item description says it is a musical with Mila Kunis having lesbian tendencies towards Natalie Portman!! Almost burnt my gift cards on this!

Thanks!

#1047 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

what?!! Amazon item description says it is a musical with Mila Kunis having lesbian tendencies towards Natalie Portman!! Almost burnt my gift cards on this!

Thanks!

Lol. Also, to answer your questions about GCs, did you pick up Max Payne 3 yet? That'll be on promo soon and might be a good candidate.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1048 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

Strange. I would have thought that anyone who bought Darksiders would have some interest in Kingdoms of Amalur.

Maybe I missed mention of it but the THQ Medley pack at $7 is hot.

Ive been debating the THQ Medley just for Space Marine (have the others that I want). Im between that, and Hoping that either XCom comes back or Space Marine is offered in another bundle/by itself. Im down to one coupon so thats why im torn.

#1049 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

You got my hopes up, I thought you meant that I could buy a Steam verison of Mafia 1 right now aaaannnnddd you can't. :sadface:

#1050 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

I'll have to pull up my tracker for exact dates but we ran Mafia II at $2.99 at one point during the Labor Day Sale, and again at one point in November.

I don't know about November, but CamelCamelCamel is showing two seperate drops in the April/May '12 timeframe for Mafia II.

If you can wait for the GamersGate ordeal to finalize itself, I'm sure there will be a plethora of both in the Steam Sale/Trade thread. I'm hoping for a resolution before the end of January.