Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#1051 KBoom

KBoom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

I'll have to pull up my tracker for exact dates but we ran Mafia II at $2.99 at one point during the Labor Day Sale, and again at one point in November.

Missed two opportunities then... Argh. I kinda of hate you for bringing this up :lol: and hate myself even more for not knowing about these deals :wall:

Sorry yeah, I should have clarified, I was speaking about promoting the content in general and localized my response to the EC list specifically, totally poor communication on my part.

Cheers,
Tony

Got it.

#1052 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

QFT. Although I don't know how I feel about the word frontman.

Cheers,
Tony

I think he may be calling you a pimp
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#1053 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

Ive been debating the THQ Medley just for Space Marine (have the others that I want). Im between that, and Hoping that either XCom comes back or Space Marine is offered in another bundle/by itself. Im down to one coupon so thats why im torn.

Similar boat. I would love to get Homefront and Stalker, but I have everything else in the bundle. Having an internal debate whether those 2 are worth blowing my last coupon. I think I'll probably just end up getting the Crysis bundle.

#1054 Correlli

Correlli

The guy with the small brain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Ive been debating the THQ Medley just for Space Marine (have the others that I want).

I want Space Marine also and already have Metro/ STALKER. Not much interest in Homefront. Trying to decide if I'd actually play the Red Faction games. But for $7 probably can't go wrong.

#1055 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Lol. Also, to answer your questions about GCs, did you pick up Max Payne 3 yet? That'll be on promo soon and might be a good candidate.

Cheers,
Tony

when is....soon?

#1056 Zakart

Zakart

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

Lol. Also, to answer your questions about GCs, did you pick up Max Payne 3 yet? That'll be on promo soon and might be a good candidate.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks for the suggestion but it is a big BEEN THERE DONE THAT, hahaha. I purchased the physical copy of Max Payne 3 ($40) from Amazon along with Shogun 2:FOTS ($30) back when it was released.
I finished Hitman Absolution on Saturday and then convinced my elder brother that throughout his life he has ignored me on several occasions and here’s his chance to redeem his shortcomings by giving me the code for Far Cry 3 (which came with his graphics card). I am 5 hours in FC3 and LOVING it, randomness of the game is quite refreshing and today I checked my mail and had two GCs…and since then I have developed an itch.

#1057 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

QFT. Although I don't know how I feel about the word frontman.

Cheers,
Tony

I think he may be calling you a pimp

This is a frontman. :wink:
Posted Image

I want Space Marine also and already have Metro/ STALKER. Not much interest in Homefront. Trying to decide if I'd actually play the Red Faction games. But for $7 probably can't go wrong.

I played a few hours of RFG and it's unique. It's worth checking out just for it's well modeled destruction mechanic.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1058 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

If you can wait for the GamersGate ordeal to finalize itself, I'm sure there will be a plethora of both in the Steam Sale/Trade thread. I'm hoping for a resolution before the end of January.

I hate trading for two reasons
1) people who like to gouge (I mean look at all of the people selling BL2 for $20 a piece when the 4 pack was $11)

2) the people who only accept PayPal.

#1059 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

Similar boat. I would love to get Homefront and Stalker, but I have everything else in the bundle. Having an internal debate whether those 2 are worth blowing my last coupon. I think I'll probably just end up getting the Crysis bundle.

When the bundle was 7.49 a few weeks ago. I bought it just for RF:Geurrilla because it was not available on Steam. I still think it was worth it haha..

And then when it was a deal for EC, I bought it AGAIN, just for Space Marine because I had gotten DoW for 5$.(Sold the one that came with the other bundle to a buddy)

#1060 MrWizzy2002

MrWizzy2002

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

Also, for those with EC coupons, Far Cry 3 (not Steam version) can be yours for $29.99 soon.

Cheers,
Tony

Well that sucks because I only buy Steam Games and this is all I want to play. How come no one has any steam codes for this game? Can't find it anywhere online other than directly from steam.

#1061 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

I knew this, I thought there was a game reference somewhere :).

Mafia series and Boardwalk Empire are both about mobsters in the 1920's and 30's...
...and beyond, in the Mafia series' cases (Mafia 2 is in 40's and even into the 50's).

#1062 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

I hate trading for two reasons
1) people who like to gouge (I mean look at all of the people selling BL2 for $20 a piece when the 4 pack was $11)

2) the people who only accept PayPal.

Gouging when the lowest NON-Glitch price has been 24.99?

It was a GLITCH. 20$ is still a great deal. So what, they got for less than that per copy. Pretty sure retailers of any kind get most product for much less than they sell it. Does that mean they are gouging too? Or are they exempt because they are a retailer? I'm genuinely curious.

and just to add my own experience I picked up a 4 pack for 84.99 hoping to keep one and sell the other 3 so I could get the game for a good price.

Almost sold one of them and got scammed out of the copy. Guy showed screenshot of paypal payment page and said he sent it. Me giving people benefit of the doubt,gave key and then the guy said "Here i'll wait with you" a few seconds later he logs offline and blocks me on Steam.

Now that i've only got 2 keys left and the game has sold as little as 25$ officially i'm up shit creek. At best i'd be lucky to get 20$(Unlikely since everyone thinks everyone got their keys from a price glitch) out of my two keys. Meaning I will have ended up paying 45$ For ONE copy if I manage to sell them.

Oh the delightful risks of flipping! Sometimes you do well, others not!

20$ regardless of how someone got it is still an excellent price if you ask me.

#1063 RazOrStOrm

RazOrStOrm

ReachTheSky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

Two words: Boardwalk Empire.

Just kidding, I have no idea.

You guys think the Mafia 2 Multiplayer mod had something to do with it ? :S I saw it was already in beta stage for public testing

#1064 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

Gouging when the lowest NON-Glitch price has been 24.99?

It was a GLITCH. 20$ is still a great deal. So what, they got for less than that per copy. Pretty sure retailers of any kind get most product for much less than they sell it. Does that mean they are gouging too? Or are they exempt because they are a retailer? I'm genuinely curious.

I honestly don't care whether it was a glitch or not. If they got it for that price well then that's what they paid. A retailer has to pay employees and they also need to pay taxes as well. A person selling a key has no cost other than time and a small amount of money.

#1065 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AZ2E3P6 - $24.99 pre-coupon, will work with coupon, deal of the week next week. The 2 CoH games and DoW Gold don't activate on Steam, the other stuff does.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1066 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AZ2E3P6 - $24.99 pre-coupon, will work with coupon, deal of the week next week. The 2 CoH games and DoW Gold don't activate on Steam, the other stuff does.

Cheers,
Tony

Oh hello there...

#1067 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

I honestly don't care whether it was a glitch or not. If they got it for that price well then that's what they paid. A retailer has to pay employees and they also need to pay taxes as well. A person selling a key has no cost other than time and a small amount of money.

it requires a very significant time investment to catch deals that good
you don't catch them by luck
you catch them by diligently checking deals constantly

#1068 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

:roll: The concept is still the same. So they are exempt because they are an actual business.

Anywho, anyone want to sell me a copy of Far Cry 3 for 10$? Asking anymore is price gouging because of a glitch where it sold for 8$ with the first two, just an FYI. So don't bother trying to haggle for more!:roll: Clearly wherever you got it, it can only be the price glitch on gamestop clearly! /sarcasm

OH damn that THQ deal is amazing...oh man if I had known about that before I bought all these other THQ deals the last month I would've waited. Bummer! Name of the game! XD

#1069 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

Don't be too disappointed about buying them separately. You're not getting the DLC in most cases, most notably Darksiders 2 and Saints Row: The Third.

Awesome deal if you don't have much of what's there. Otherwise, not so much.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#1070 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

Ah well I usually don't care for DLC in general anyway unless it's actual content (That probably should've been expanded on and just made into an expansion) But yeah I see where you are coming from.

From what I saw of the Saint's Row 3 DLC most of it was just a bunch of stuff I'd be fine without. So I don't feel bad at all only having the base game from Humble Bundle.

#1071 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

Cheers,
Tony

INCREDIBLE deal...
...though, I own most of this already!

"Complete Pack". though?
Maybe we need a better name for this...?

A bunch of stuff's missing in each series:

For COH games -> COH: Opposing Fronts is missing.
For DOW games -> DOW1: Dark Crusade + DOW1: Soulstorm are missing.
For Darksiders 2 -> No Season Pass; No Non-Season Pass DLC.
For Red Faction series -> Missing both Red Faction 1 + 2; Missing RF:A - Path to War DLC.
For SR:TT -> Missing Season Pass; missing A LOT of Non-Season Pass DLC.
For Homefront -> No DLC listed.

#1072 Vand

Vand

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

I'm still working on this. No word yet :).

Cheers,
Tony

If you can somehow get CK2 on sale, especially the DLC, I will do 5000 backflips.

#1073 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Cheers,
Tony

While this for $20 bucks is a pretty amazing deal, for me personally almost all this stuff has been in various bundles in the past 2 months that I own it all already. (and Steam had like the same THQ Collection I think.) But still though great deal thank you Tony.

I actually been thinking why the editors choice seems a little lackluster to me so far.

A. I own way more games then I did last year.

B. Alot of the stuff I purchased in November and December that came with editors choice coupons are popping up in the Amazon Editor's choice 2013 as some of the best deals.

(ex. Dark Souls, THQ Medley, Amalur, Darksiders 2. I honestly don't remember the lead up to Amazon 2011 editors choice, but I don't remember so many repeats. Maybe my minds just off and I'm remembering it completely wrong. How do you guys feel about it so far?)

#1074 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

I was disappointed this morning after learning YDKJ was put on sale for $2.99 and I missed out on it. Thanks for bringing it back, Tony!

On another note, has anyone else noticed that on nearly every Steam-activated game that Amazon sells, there are multiple 1-star reviews such as:

"CRAZY. What a hassle, By TechnicalDude

As another reviewer mentioned, this game REQUIRES an account set up on something called Steam which is very intrusive. After going through that hassle, it takes hours to download the game from Steam. This should have been a simple download to play a simple game on the computer. Very unhappy. Ended up having to use System Restore to restore my computer to the state it was in prior to this download. "

These are often hilarious, especially this one by "TechnicalDude" who has no idea what Steam is. And to think, we complain if our games DO NOT activate on Steam, lol.

#1075 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

Don't be too disappointed about buying them separately. You're not getting the DLC in most cases, most notably Darksiders 2 and Saints Row: The Third.

Awesome deal if you don't have much of what's there. Otherwise, not so much.

Yeah, I got SR3 Full Package for $2.50 and DS Franchise for $8 and the THQ Bundle, think it's an overall better deal. Still for those who missed them this is an awesome deal. I hate gaining from other people's suffering but damn THQ going under or whatever it is that's going on really makes awesome deals for us. Hopefully they get bought by a decent company.

#1076 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

Even right now, few seconds ago...gift cards were on the coffee table DIRECTLY looking at me. I have put a cushion on top of em because I can't handle the glare of em eyes.

My Amazon gift card is stuffed in an envelope and buried in a drawer, with a pair of Micro Center gift cards sitting on top of it to help drown out the muffled cries for attention. ;)

Hey Tony... why should the EC focus be exclusively on games? How about 75% +EC for this, or perhaps this? 8-)

#1077 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

On another note, has anyone else noticed that on nearly every Steam-activated game that Amazon sells, there are multiple 1-star reviews such as:

These are often hilarious, especially this one by "TechnicalDude" who has no idea what Steam is. And to think, we complain if our games DO NOT activate on Steam, lol.

To each their own I guess. Everyone has their reason for hating/loving Steam/Origin/Uplay/GFWL/DRM Free/digital downloads/physical discs/etc. Though more often than not there is a certain degree of ignorance or general lack of information involved. I'm fairly tolerant of pretty much anything (generally speaking), so long as I get my games for a good CAG price.

#1078 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

To each their own I guess. Everyone has their reason for hating/loving Steam/Origin/Uplay/GFWL/DRM Free/digital downloads/physical discs/etc. Though more often than not there is a certain degree of ignorance or general lack of information involved. I'm fairly tolerant of pretty much anything (generally speaking), so long as I get my games for a good CAG price.

Well said. :applause:

#1079 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

I was disappointed this morning after learning YDKJ was put on sale for $2.99 and I missed out on it. Thanks for bringing it back, Tony!

This is the amazon thread buddy, not everyone complains about non-steam games here . You in the jungle now.
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#1080 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

While this for $20 bucks is a pretty amazing deal, for me personally almost all this stuff has been in various bundles in the past 2 months that I own it all already. (and Steam had like the same THQ Collection I think.) But still though great deal thank you Tony.

I actually been thinking why the editors choice seems a little lackluster to me so far.

A. I own way more games then I did last year.

B. Alot of the stuff I purchased in November and December that came with editors choice coupons are popping up in the Amazon Editor's choice 2013 as some of the best deals.

(ex. Dark Souls, THQ Medley, Amalur, Darksiders 2. I honestly don't remember the lead up to Amazon 2011 editors choice, but I don't remember so many repeats. Maybe my minds just off and I'm remembering it completely wrong. How do you guys feel about it so far?)

Same's been happening here, as well.
A few other things been happening for me, as well, besides your A and B...

C. A few deals been better elsewhere before and/or recently - i.e. Borderlands 2; TSW; and XCOM: EU had better deals at GMG at one time or another.
SIDE NOTE -> I don't expect Amazon to compete w/ International markets - what sells/doesn't sell in one region will wind-up having different price-points depending on its sales/lack of sales in another region.

D. I don't feel like spending X amount of $ on some of the more expensive titles that Amazon's putting on sale, especially even more so true if I don't plan to play it like RIGHT NOW - i.e. Far Cry 3 will be $30.

E. Since I'm always playing games and in the midst of something - for a game to wind-up in my "backlog", the deal better be really good & really cheap - $10-15 or less for Triple-A titles; $5 or less on Indie; there are exceptions to this rule, of course.