Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#1111 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

Hey everyone, I know this has probably been asked and its going to be a stupid question, I know, but I want to buy You Don't Know Jack, and give it to a friend. Do they give you a code to activate it on steam? (I know it says it requires steam, just wondering how it works.)

I bought YDKJ (for myself).
It's a Steam-key.

Whomever registers that key to their Steam account - that Steam account owns it.

#1112 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

I bought YDKJ (for myself).
It's a Steam-key.

Whomever registers that key to their Steam account - that Steam account owns it.

Thanks! I bought it, where do I go to see the steam key?

EDIT: Nvm I see it!

#1113 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

Thanks! I bought it, where do I go to see the steam key?

In your Amazon account, go to "My Games & Software Library".
Look for You Don't Know Jack.
Click on "Product key" button.
There's the key.

#1114 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

Yeah....YDKJ is a no brainer for me at $3

#1115 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

Yeah....YDKJ is a no brainer for me at $3

And it's too bad I'm scoring "mediocre" and "Average" in many of this game's episodes so far. :-x

#1116 sailingship

sailingship

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

Would love an individual deal on Saints Row 2, other than that I -- and I suspect most everyone else -- already has all of the THQ stuff they want. I get the timing of the sale because THQ is about to lose most, if not all, of their IP's but to the consumer it's bordering on overkill. Of course, if it sells, it sells.

I myself got Saints Row 2 for quite the price, later on when i saw the price drops i was like MEH!!!

#1117 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

Suckss that I'll likely never get RG:Guerilla on Steam since it's only part of expensive bundles where I have all the rest. Really want to get it as part of my collection, but the non-bundles price continues to remain too high. :(

Just ask around for someone to sell it to you out of the bundle when it drops.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#1118 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

And it's too bad I'm scoring "mediocre" and "Average" in many of this game's episodes so far. :-x

You put my scores to shame :(

#1119 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

Also, I think Amazon's size for YDKJ is wrong. The page says it weighs in at 75MB, Steam is telling me it's 3.3 GB.

#1120 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

You put my scores to shame :(

My 1st game was terrible, though.
Negative score. :-x

#1121 KBoom

KBoom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

Sorry should have clarified, yes, I talk to 1 guy for all Take 2, 2K and Rockstar stuff.

Funny that we're talking about this, he's actually one of my two favorite people to work with in the industry (outside of my own team of course).

Cheers,
Tony

Oh and what are you waiting to show him this thread and all the Mafia chorus :lol:

He would say: "Hey Tony, here's a bunch of Mafia II for you to sell to the CAG'ers. No, no, better yet, here, this complete pack!" :lol:

In my dreams. Btw talking about dreams I'm gonna have nightmares with that $2.99 I missed. J/k

#1122 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

Tony,

Mafia is still not showing up in the Amazon search. I can't even find it listed under 2k games. There's probably a few people out there looking for a place where they can get the original.

I had to send out the direct link to a couple of folks who wanted to buy it; yes even at 10. http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B0083K0W8O

thanks

#1123 ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

Tony,
Just curious, I know Amazon does digital codes for Microsoft Points and Playstation Store wallet- is there any chance sometime Amazon might be able to do digital codes to add money to the Wii U/3DS eShops? Not sure if this is your thing, but it'd be a lot more convenient than going to a retail store for them.

#1124 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

Tony,

Mafia is still not showing up in the Amazon search. I can't even find it listed under 2k games. There's probably a few people out there looking for a place where they can get the original.

I had to send out the direct link to a couple of folks who wanted to buy it; yes even at 10. http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B0083K0W8O

thanks

Thanks for posting the link. If there's any chance of a Mafia pack I'm totally game. I have Mafia II vanilla on steam, but I'd love a deal on a bundle to get the DLC at a reasonable price.

Sorry if this has already been covered. Back to work and little time to keep up with the thread these days ;)

#1125 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

Im Playing KOA Amalur. 14 hours in & im still on level 8. awesome game so far. Anyone know how much gameplay time will it take to finish KOA complete ? And whats the level cap for this game ?

#1126 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

^^^^^
http://howlongtobeat...php?gameid=4383

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#1127 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

Also, I think Amazon's size for YDKJ is wrong. The page says it weighs in at 75MB, Steam is telling me it's 3.3 GB.

Amazon's download size is almost always wrong.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#1128 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

Im Playing KOA Amalur. 14 hours in & im still on level 8. awesome game so far. Anyone know how much gameplay time will it take to finish KOA complete ? And whats the level cap for this game ?

I was gonna link How Long to Beat as well..... instead I shall share some of the more recent additions to my backlog. Kingdoms of Amalur, Witcher 2, Skyrim, Dragon Age pack (1 & 2), Secret World, Guild Wars 2. Well F me.... hope I suddenly discover a TON of long RPG playing time. And that doesn't even include most of it all, I just narrowed it down to the RPGs :(

"Hi, I'm Alex and I buy games"
-That's where all you other addicts here just say "Hi Alex" in unisom.....
Posted Image

#1129 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

Is there any plan for Space Marine Complete Pack?

#1130 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

I'll probably be passing on the THQ pack, since their games typically don't interest me too much. Saints Row: The Third was random fun though. I have everything else already also, other than Saint's Row 2, which probably wouldn't play anyway.

Though I may pick up some extra copies of YDKJ to pass out to friends. haha

And I've still got my eye on Guild Wars 2, Tony. Any deal you're able to work out, I'll end up snapping it up. Just because of how elusive it's been, and how I'm curious to try it out, and $55 is still too much for me. Any news from the NCSoft folks?

#1131 CheapThingsAreGood

CheapThingsAreGood

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

Hey Tony, wondering about Deadlight, Mark of the Ninja, and ITSP. Any news as far as these being bundled or EC'd?

#1132 icefiresr

icefiresr

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Why is there no link to Editor`s choice selection in the OP?

#1133 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Is there any plan for Space Marine Complete Pack?

There's not much point - it's all multiplayer-only DLC.

#1134 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

Totally got in on the YDKJ deal. Thanks Tony.

#1135 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Totally got in on the YDKJ deal. Thanks Tony.

Sorry, can't keep it in anymore and need to know what I'm missing out on, what is all the hype with this game!? Making me want to get it :)

#1136 Roguestriker

Roguestriker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Hey Tony. I swear I read The Walking Dead deal was extended till 1/16 and I read it on amazon. Was that a mistake or something because I held out and now it's over?
Posted Image

#1137 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Hey Tony. I swear I read The Walking Dead deal was extended till 1/16 and I read it on amazon. Was that a mistake or something because I held out and now it's over?

Walking dead deal finished on 12th As I can remember

#1138 faith81

faith81

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Walking dead deal finished on 12th As I can remember

There were 2 banners with 2 diff end time. The banner on right side, it was display end at 16 Jan. The other at the center was displayed end at 12 Jan :-#

#1139 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Do any of the Mafia games support the 360 pad?

#1140 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

Sorry, can't keep it in anymore and need to know what I'm missing out on, what is all the hype with this game!? Making me want to get it :)

It's just a fun trivia game. Bunch of different question styles, pop culture references (but not required to answer), a host who tells jokes and insults, etc. Like some of the game shows you used to see on MTV or USA back fifteen years ago. It was very popular in the mid 1990's and I think a lot of folks have fond memories of it. I don't know if it'll hold up today for a brand new player but I'm sure it can't fail as a nostalgia kick.

Or maybe it'd be really fun for a brand new player. For $3, it's worth the look. Plays best with a friend although you can play it solo (I remember the original would mock you for not having friends).