Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#11911 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

I might've used all the coupons by the end of Jan. :(
IIRC, TSW was on sale at the END of the January month - like on Jan 31st.

Negative. It was right at the beginning of Jan, 1st or 2nd iirc.

Yeah, pretty sure it was.

<buzz> thanks for playing ;)

or easier way, just buy it from GOG. never had problem with their game, even in windows 8.:D

That's a lot more expensive. These are the GOG versions.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#11912 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

or easier way, just buy it from GOG. never had problem with their game, even in windows 8.:D

I already own TOEE, PST, BG1 + BG2 + TOB from Retail, from long ago.
I currently really don't need another copy - especially when my copy works fine.

EDIT:

Also a good point.

Hmmm....was it?
Well, I'll be damned - I might have used EC coupons on other stuff or was saving them - and well, my plan backfired. :(
God, my memory sometimes sucks.

Oh, BTW - are you buying the GRID 2: Mono Edition? ;)

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#11913 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

I believe so. I got it for $15 in December, then it came back for the same price in January + the $5 off coupon.

No, it was $13 after coupon in January.

I think it also was in the recap at the end of the month. Camel*3 seems to agree.

#11914 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

No, it was $13 after coupon in January.

Ah, that's right. $12.99.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#11915 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

Ah, that's right. $12.99.

Ah, no wonder I didn't buy it!
It wasn't $10 or less!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#11916 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

The one good thing about having it on GOG though is that if they ever update anything you will get the updates and fixes. I get a feeling theres probably a slim shot of GG ever updating to the latest versions of the GOG games they sell if they get updated

e.g. dungeon keeper 2 has been updated multiple times over the years, the last one finally made it fully functional on newer versions of windows, used to always have various lockups and glitches. Another is alpha centauri adding the expansion for free. And another is total annihilation, which i got on gg for cheap but ended up getting the gog version later since its been updated multiple times and the one on GG isnt updated at all

Just something to think about when getting a gog game on gg, might be cheaper but might be worth it in the long run to go with gog

#11917 jlewski

jlewski

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

I'm in love with this sale

#11918 FEN1XD0WN

FEN1XD0WN

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

It hit $5 once, but that was before it was buy-to-play (it required a monthly subscription to play). Since then, $14.99 is the lowest the game has been (although Amazon had a coupon once that made it $10, and it was sold for $20 with $10 of in game cash once). Sales on the game have been few and far between, so if you want to play, there's not much use waiting for a better sale.

If you grab it, feel free to add me on Steam (same name there). I'll add you to the (horribly inactive) group. Same goes to anyone else who picks up TSW.

yeah ive been scoping out best buy ever since it went buy-to-play since ive got $40 in reward zone certificates and i already own the majority of the limited amount of games best buy carries. but, like you said, sales have been few and far between so i think it would probably be best to grab it now.

#11919 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:02 AM

Oh, BTW - are you buying the GRID 2: Mono Edition? ;)

Hmm... Tempting... but it's the low-fi PS3 version. Also, my credit limit isn't high enough.

The one good thing about having it on GOG though is that if they ever update anything you will get the updates and fixes. I get a feeling theres probably a slim shot of GG ever updating to the latest versions of the GOG games they sell if they get updated

Spoiler

Meh, there's something to be said for significant cost savings, esp for something that has been on GOG for a while. If you absolutely had to buy one or two of those from GOG later, you'd still come out significantly ahead. ...mind you this is CHEAPassgamer.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#11920 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

yeah ive been scoping out best buy ever since it went buy-to-play since ive got $40 in reward zone certificates and i already own the majority of the limited amount of games best buy carries. but, like you said, sales have been few and far between so i think it would probably be best to grab it now.

Pretty much. It's a solid MMO with no sub fee. They keep the sales moderate and few because that's where they're making their money. This isn't a pay to win game, the cash shop is almost entirely cosmetic with a couple shortcut items and mission packs. You get what you pay for.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#11921 Pabz617

Pabz617

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:21 AM

Both Civ 4 and 5 are Steam codes, and they're Steamplay games - they have Windows and Mac versions included, you just have to install the Steam client on your Macbook. The only issue might be the system requirements.

Civ 4: http://store.steampo...d.com/app/3900/
Civ 5: http://store.steampo...d.com/app/8930/

The links are for the standalone versions of the game, not the gold editions, but the system requirements should be the same as the Complete / Gold packs.

X-Com is Windows only.

I'm only interested in Civ 5. And I have a MacBook Pro, I'll be able to run it no problem. When will be the best day to buy it?

#11922 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

Hmm... Tempting... but it's the low-fi PS3 version. Also, my credit limit isn't high enough.

You mean, you're not the person who won that $550 million in the PowerBall recently? :(

#11923 puffy

puffy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

e.g. dungeon keeper 2 has been updated multiple times over the years, the last one finally made it fully functional on newer versions of windows, used to always have various lockups and glitches. Another is alpha centauri adding the expansion for free. And another is total annihilation, which i got on gg for cheap but ended up getting the gog version later since its been updated multiple times and the one on GG isnt updated at all

Just something to think about when getting a gog game on gg, might be cheaper but might be worth it in the long run to go with gog

y I agree
gog will support the game it sells for years to come

gg price is great though

and btw what do you guys mean with gog version
they use the actual orange colored gog installers ?

#11924 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

You mean, you're not the person who won that $550 million in the PowerBall recently? :(

I've never gambled for money

...I only gamble with my life.

#11925 puffy

puffy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

y I agree
gog will support the games it sells for years to come

gg price is great though

they offer the actual orange colored gog installers ?

#11926 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

I've never gambled for money

...I only gamble with my life.

Though, I heard you race for the "pink slips" of others' tricked-out cars, as well. ;)

#11927 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

y I agree
gog will support the game it sells for years to come

gg price is great though

they use the actual orange colored gog installers ?

When GOG fixes up an old game to run on modern 'puters, GOG has limited exclusivity for that version, then it shows up on Steam, GG, etc. GOG version means just that, it's the GOG-fixed up version. (you may or may not get GOG-updates, if any, or feelies)

#11928 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

Though, I heard you race for the "pink slips" of others' tricked-out cars, as well. ;)

It's true. It was a white slip, before the laundry mishap with the red sock...

#11929 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

When GOG fixes up an old game to run on modern 'puters, GOG has limited exclusivity for that version, then it shows up on Steam, GG, etc. GOG version means just that, it's the GOG-fixed up version. (you may or may not get GOG-updates, if any, or feelies)

GG version = GOG version?

i thought GOG version had its own installer and launcher.

#11930 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

GG version = GOG version?

i thought GOG version had its own installer and launcher.

yea, the ones gg sells are the gog versions, gog installers. Just no goodies to go along with it

#11931 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

Has anyone bought Cursed Mountain? I am wondering if it has DRM, the Gamersgate version has Securom. Looking forward to the day DRM or not is listed on all the games they sell.

#11932 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:17 AM

yea, the ones gg sells are the gog versions, gog installers. Just no goodies to go along with it

separate installers? I bought the pack last year, all 6 games in 1 installer.

#11933 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

I'm only interested in Civ 5. And I have a MacBook Pro, I'll be able to run it no problem. When will be the best day to buy it?

I'm interested in Civ 5 as well. I put a reminder in my calender to buy it on Monday.

#11934 Zakart

Zakart

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:04 AM

Tony,
Can you please pick up that "Red Phone" and use the direct line to German Amazon and ask them what this is about? Is it some scripting error or do they know something. You can just wink with an emoticon if you can't confirm anything officially.

If it's just a mistake then they need to stop playing with Ugan Schnizzer!

Thanks

http://www.amazon.de.../dp/B0071L2QD0/
http://www.gamesonly...n__PC_4715.html

#11935 27526343157187946075

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:16 AM

Tony,
Can you please pick up that "Red Phone" and use the direct line to German Amazon and ask them what this is about? Is it some scripting error or do they know something. You can just wink with an emoticon if you can't confirm anything officially.

If it's just a mistake then they need to stop playing with Ugan Schnizzer!

Thanks

http://www.amazon.de.../dp/B0071L2QD0/
http://www.gamesonly...n__PC_4715.html

It's been up on Amazon.fr for months. It's likely just the placeholder thing like they do with prices.

#11936 Banjora

Banjora

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

Tony,
In Darrith's post that's linked to in the OP it lists under 5/16-5/31

Star Trek (comes w/ free copy of Inversion) - $24.99

but there is nothing on either games product page to indicate this deal is actually live/happening. Just wondering if it is actually a deal/if it will actually be a deal before the end of the sale.

Thanks as always!

#11937 YoHoNoMo

YoHoNoMo

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

Tony,
In Darrith's post that's linked to in the OP it lists under 5/16-5/31

Star Trek (comes w/ free copy of Inversion) - $24.99

but there is nothing on either games product page to indicate this deal is actually live/happening. Just wondering if it is actually a deal/if it will actually be a deal before the end of the sale.

Thanks as always!

It's live. The product page is showing the correct price, Inversion isn't mentioned though. But you should get it as it is stated on the Mayhem Deals page.

On top of it all (under 'Bonus offers') it says "Purchase Star Trek and get a credit good towards a free download of Inversion."

Amazon should add the info to the Star Trek page though.

#11938 puffy

puffy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

Has anyone bought Cursed Mountain? I am wondering if it has DRM, the Gamersgate version has Securom. Looking forward to the day DRM or not is listed on all the games they sell.

yeah i have it and its drm free
theres no serial for amazon version

#11939 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

It's true. It was a white slip, before the laundry mishap with the red sock...

LOL!!!
So, when you won a car from another driver, did you also hand them the red sock as your calling card, too? ;)
You must've hit #1 on the Most Wanted car-driver list. ;)

#11940 Banjora

Banjora

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

Thank you YoHoNoMo!