Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#1441 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Fallout 1 & 2 need enhanced editions ... that is all ... carry on.

#1442 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

Amen, fellow Follower of the Apocalypse.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1443 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

Eh, FO1 and 2 really only needs a Mod-Package that has all the popular mods in them.
When installing the mod-pack, you can check-off what ones you want to install and let it do its thing.

#1444 MrsKryten

MrsKryten

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

any word from the sick ncsoft rep about revisiting guild wars 2 @ $30 again during the january sale yet? That's still #1 on my 'must get' list, but $60 is a bit pricey for my budget.

+1

#1445 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

I'd say Uplay has a lot more functionality than Origin IMO. It actually has an achievement system that includes everything that the consoles have (origin has no achievements) and the Uplay actions/rewards system.

About the Achievement yes - oh yes, UPlay's much more functional currently.
You can even buy some pieces of extra content w/ your gamerscore from Achievements, if you gain enough points.

For backing up your game, though - Origin's much easier than UPlay.
With Origin, just copy your game folder whenever and wherever you want - and, you're good to go.

With UPlay - it acts like GG, G4WL, GameFly when you decide to install a game (that you bought or downloaded from them directly).
You need to back-up the installer folder after the download right before you even start/complete the install - so that it doesn't discard your installer folder and/or installer EXE file.

I like Origin Actually. its easy & quick loading times & sometimes downloads are faster than steam. Origin team actually said they are going to add Achievements very soon & They also said that they are adding more social features like steam. Origin is so much better after 9.0 update. anyway We'll see how achievements goes with the next Origin update. im sure it'll be great. IF someone on the market who can beat Steam in the future,ITS ORIGIN. 8-)

I really don't have problem with Uplay. But the thing is, i cant even redeem a key properly on Uplay.:cry: Lets say i bought a Ubi game on steam. It doesnt even show in my Uplay game list. it only shows if i started it through steam. that Totally sucks. Other problem is what MysterD said above.

#1446 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

Can't wait for the Risen Complete pack deal next week. $5 after credit is an amazing deal :).

For a brief beautiful moment I thought this was real. Then I learned the horrible truth. Now only $5 for a pack of Microsoft games will lift me out of this crushing depression!

#1447 Saikou

Saikou

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

Hey tony could you put Hotline: Miami back on sale please or perhaps Dark Souls? I missed those deals! If not then no biggie.

#1448 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

For a brief beautiful moment I thought this was real. Then I learned the horrible truth. Now only $5 for a pack of Microsoft games will lift me out of this crushing depression!

+2

Usually it's sunasun as resident piss-taker.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#1449 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

Suntoast has been saying that for weeks in the hope that Tony will finally get the hint, lol.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1450 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

Hey tony could you put Hotline: Miami back on sale please or perhaps Dark Souls? I missed those deals! If not then no biggie.

A lot of us are selling Hotline for $2.50 or less if you don't mind buying from a CAG.

Could someone repost the reddit or wherever post about the Risen deal? I don't think it was posted here.

#1451 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

There is no Risen deal -- it was a joke.

#1452 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

Wow, super ultimate complete Farming Simulator 1990 to 2013 bundle for only $5 after EC? Outstanding.

#1453 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

Wow, super ultimate complete Farming Simulator 1990 to 2013 bundle for only $5 after EC? Outstanding.

I'm going to buy you a pack of seeds and a watering can.

#1454 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

Sounds like a cheap ploy to engage in a bunch of micro-transactions and accessory purchases.

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png

#1455 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

i'm going to buy you a pack of seeds and a watering can.

lol

#1456 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

Tony hasn't been on in a couple days...

Conspiracy to commit deal fraud perhaps???

Where is you Tony!

#1457 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

Tony hasn't been on in a couple days...

Conspiracy to commit deal fraud perhaps???

Where is you Tony!

Maybe he's ashamed of the final pricing of the Microsoft bundles (or they've fallen through.) :-(

#1458 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

I want a farming sim, not a gardening sim. I already have one of those.

#1459 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

Maybe he's ashamed of the final pricing of the Microsoft bundles (or they've fallen through.) :-(

Dont worry guys.. he'll come through :lol: Just wait

#1460 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

All the farming sims are way too mechanized. I want a Farming Simulator 1699: Special Amish Edition.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1461 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

All the farming sims are way too mechanized. I want a Farming Simulator 1699: Special Amish Edition.

This is as close as it gets so far:

http://www.gamersgat...torical-farming

#1462 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

That's what I'm "sort of" worried about but I wouldn't be upset because those prices are absolutely craziness and wouldn't expect them. I would have bought 2 Fable III + DLCs by themselves for $5 without a thought and maybe even $7.50- would even consider at $10.

#1463 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

I've actually (dare I say it?) been impressed with Uplay.

Not only does it have the achievements, it has tons of stats for each game played.

I wish all games did the same...

I'd say Uplay has a lot more functionality than Origin IMO. It actually has an achievement system that includes everything that the consoles have (origin has no achievements) and the Uplay actions/rewards system.

#1464 Kildar

Kildar

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Tony has nothing to be ashamed of if the deals fall through. If it does fall through, there is probably nothing he could do about it.

I think our favorite Amazon salesdude is probably busy closing some awesome new deals designed to part us from our cash. He'll probably just pop up out of the blue and announce the good news. :D

#1465 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

I've actually (dare I say it?) been impressed with Uplay.

Not only does it have the achievements, it has tons of stats for each game played.

I wish all games did the same...

I wish uplay wouldn't crash my farcry3. I have to play it in offline mode...
76561198025510545.png

#1466 Cheapnut

Cheapnut

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

I am pretty disappoint on this Jan EC sales. It seems to be the only good ones are from THQ.

#1467 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

I am pretty disappoint on this Jan EC sales. It seems to be the only good ones are from THQ.

I suggest reading back a few pages about the Microsoft deals. ;)

#1468 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

I suggest reading back a few pages about the Microsoft deals. ;)

Still not confirmed :cry: :cry:

#1469 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Tony has nothing to be ashamed of if the deals fall through. If it does fall through, there is probably nothing he could do about it.

I think our favorite Amazon salesdude is probably busy closing some awesome new deals designed to part us from our cash. He'll probably just pop up out of the blue and announce the good news. :D

Tony should not feel shame in trying to get us the best deals. Shame is for those who do not try. In truth, this year's ECS is very weak, but I think the problem was too much work during the holiday sale and not enough pre-planning for January combined with unrealistic expectations compared to last year when they were still new and alternative.

Fortunately, I didn't do much buying during the holiday sale based on the ECS, figuring I might (if I was lucky) find 2 or so games worthy of using a coupon on.

So far, I've bought Miami Hotline, NBA 2k13, and Alice Madness Returns Complete (for the Alice 1 release inside). If he manages to get the MS deals, I'll get both of those sets (Fable, Arcade), too.

It's not the $1 DNF deal of last year, but hey... it's something. I think maybe next time (if he does it next time) he ought to have these deals in place BEFORE January, not during it because I think getting publishers to do another deal right after the insanely long holiday period (essentially Halloween through New Years) is probably tough. Especially when the sales numbers are probably not as impressive as the holiday sales.

That's why I think Amazon should focus on one awesome deal during sales like this instead of trying to spread it around across a lot of titles. A large quantity of meh deals does not make more waves than one awesome quality deal.

#1470 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say two things:

1. Publishers seemed to pressure for milder deals, at least on Steam, with very few exceptions, mostly glitches, I don't remember seeing the "set me on fire deals" I saw around many sites on the 2011 holiday and summer deals.

2. Many of us are suffering from being burned out by so many good sales, we have these huge backlogs of awesome games we got at really awesome prices, and that is making it harder,at least for me, to spend another dime on more games.

So yeah, perhaps publishers stepped in (1) to prevent this (2) and the overall result was what we saw on these past holiday sales.

Bottom line is, if it hadn't been for Santa Tony's enticing offers (and other sites glitches), I wouldn't have spent more than $20, and I expect to spend even less next summer. If anything, Tony should be proud of giving us excuses to spend more.