Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#1471 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Still not confirmed :cry: :cry:

But sill too early to be complaining about a promotion only half way done when forthcoming excellent deals are at least still clearly trying to be arranged? :)

#1472 Correlli

Correlli

The guy with the small brain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

All the farming sims are way too mechanized. I want a Farming Simulator 1699: Special Amish Edition.

You have to grind farming beets to level up your mule. To get money for a new shovel.

#1473 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

I want that Microsoft deal!! Go tony!!
I'd love to see Dead Island GOTY on sale and on the EC list too...

#1474 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

I am pretty disappoint on this Jan EC sales. It seems to be the only good ones are from THQ.

I suggest reading back a few pages about the Microsoft deals. ;)

...or looking forward to some of the upcoming (tomorrow) EA deals. (I know I am :) )

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam FYI, for those curious about Crysis activations the limit is 50 not 5, check it out:

http://secure.mycrys....p?f=40&t=46212

Edit: Also...
Spoiler

#1475 pablo_vllj

pablo_vllj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Tony, any way we could get a deal Binary Domain (and preferably also on the EC list)?

#1476 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

I want that Microsoft deal!! Go tony!!
I'd love to see Dead Island GOTY on sale and on the EC list too...

Indeed, the proposed MSFT deals have my head spinning.

Regarding DI:GOTY, not likely and I believe Tony said as much himself. It's been on sale many times through the holiday was the reasoning I believe.

Edit: Check that, he said it may be revisited...

Originally Posted by xxxholic Posted Image
I want Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition
http://store.steampo....com/sub/15190/

We had it for like 10 days at $5.99 ending about 7 days ago. This is one we're in conversation about revisiting and won't be matching.

Cheers,
Tony
NOTE FOR JANUARY: We will continue to add games and titles to the EC list throughout the month of January. I am continually in conversation with our publishers about including and promoting their titles during January. Many people in the retail industry work insane hours prior to and during the holidays. As such, many of us are on vacation in early January. This should be referenced before asking "Will XYZ Game Be on the EC List for $XXX.XX"

#1477 AcrylamideTic

AcrylamideTic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Any ideas on how to figure out how many EC coupons we have left? I know I have at least one, but not sure if I have two, and I want the Sports Classic Pack and both Microsoft bundles.

Hmm, I count 7 emails, I guess that means I should have plenty of coupons left.

#1478 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

My issue with Origin is that they are forcing me to use something besides steam. If they offered their games on both systems and offered a good user experience and prices then I'd probably have purchased from them.

I hate Uplay because of the security risk they put on my system and installing software into my browser without my permission (and without notification). DRM is one thing but it's another to install software without telling me and then shrugging it off when you made my system vulnerable.

edit: Oh ya and the browser plugin monitors your activity. If a company does it once and won't apologize for it then they will do it again.

http://www.rockpaper...security-drama/
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#1479 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Tony, any way we could get a deal Binary Domain (and preferably also on the EC list)?

[W] Risen 2, Binary Domain, I Am Alive, Condemned (all Steam keys.) :)

Edited by Detruire, 17 January 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#1480 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=279563
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#1481 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

My issue with Origin is that they are forcing me to use something besides steam. If they offered their games on both systems and offered a good user experience and prices then I'd probably have purchased from them.

I hate Uplay because of the security risk they put on my system and installing software into my browser without my permission (and without notification). DRM is one thing but it's another to install software without telling me and then shrugging it off when you made my system vulnerable.

edit: Oh ya and the browser plugin monitors your activity. If a company does it once and won't apologize for it then they will do it again.

http://www.rockpaper...security-drama/

Yeesh, why dont they just add Targus for good measure.

BTW, put me on the list of people who want Binary Domain.

#1482 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Yeah, it'd be nice to get an update as to the status of the Microsoft bundles. i'd also be interested in Binary Domain. That plus the Arcade Bundle would be good uses of my last two EC codes.

#1483 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AZ2E3P6 - $24.99 pre-coupon, will work with coupon, deal of the week next week. The 2 CoH games and DoW Gold don't activate on Steam, the other stuff does.

Cheers,
Tony

Great deal, but i think that many of this games are in most of people's library... make it 19.99 pre-coupon!!!

#1484 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Yeesh, why dont they just add Targus for good measure.

Each game will come with a cheapass accessory bag and a charger? Hmm, I could go for that - don't see why you object...

I keed, I keed, I know you meant Tages, and in many cases (ha!) Ubi do add it as well...

#1485 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hey guys,

Been absent working on various stuff, still no final word on the Microsoft stuff.

Good new for those waiting for Far Cry 3...we got Steam keys for the upcoming deal.

For those that don't remember the deal will be:

Standard Edition: $34.99 pre-coupon
Deluxe Edition: $44.99 pre-coupon

The deal runs for 1 day only (or until we run out of keys.)

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1486 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hey guys,

Been absent working on various stuff, still no final word on the Microsoft stuff.

Good new for those waiting for Far Cry 3...we got Steam keys for the upcoming deal.

Cheers,
Tony

How about dat Mafia deal? Is it gonna go down?

#1487 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

How about dat Mafia deal? Is it gonna go down?

Definitely not. I reached out about doing a promotion and found out we're not even supposed to be selling it (it being Mafia) right now. I'm pressing the button that kills the buy box right now.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1488 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Definitely not. I reached out about doing a promotion and found out we're not even supposed to be selling it (it being Mafia) right now. I'm pressing the button that kills the buy box right now.

Cheers,
Tony

lol.

And like that the only place on the net to get Mafia I is now gone.

#1489 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Cheers,
Tony

hopesdeleted.jpg

#1490 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

I wonder why Mafia's been nuked. Does it have a song license that's the issue?

#1491 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Steam keys for an Ubisoft game? Let the floodgates open Tony!

#1492 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Hopefully I bought it with my 2k coupon back then. Phew :lol:

#1493 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tony

nice ugh damn amazon making me buy games lol

#1494 pieczonka

pieczonka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

any new info on the microsoft deal

#1495 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

any new info on the microsoft deal

Seriously, read. He answered this question already in his post AND it's quoted right above your post.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1496 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

[...]
Cheers,
Tony

Where's my Deluxe "booster" pack!? :lol:

I'm guessing it wasn't available or whatever. So it goes.

#1497 mm3n

mm3n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Tony .... Couldn't you warn us in advance for example? There is literally no place to buy this game digitally right now as the other guys stated ... Meaning the only way to get the game is to pirate or e.g. steal it. Why should we get down to these situations? No way to get a game legally?

Sad thing there was no warning in advance :(

#1498 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Tony .... Couldn't you warn us in advance for example? There is literally no place to buy this game digitally right now as the other guys stated ... Meaning the only way to get the game is to pirate or e.g. steal it. Why should we get down to these situations? No way to get a game legally?

I'll argue the warning was it being pulled from Steam, however long ago that was. This is speculation on my part, but if they're already violating the contract by selling something they shouldn't, trying to push through a few more sales seems like a bad idea.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#1499 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

You can still find it, non-digital that is.

#1500 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

I'll argue the warning was it being pulled from Steam, however long ago that was. This is speculation on my part, but if they're already violating the contract by selling something they shouldn't, trying to push through a few more sales seems like a bad idea.

This. No legitimate retailer is going to warn customers to buy something they aren't supposed to be selling. If anyone really wanted it on Steam they should have just paid the $9.99, I know a ton of people did so because of that. Some people wanted it, but wanted a deal on it on top of that. That led to the error being discovered/corrected. You win some and lose some, I guess.