Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#1501 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Definitely not. I reached out about doing a promotion and found out we're not even supposed to be selling it (it being Mafia) right now. I'm pressing the button that kills the buy box right now.

Cheers,
Tony

I briefly entertained the notion of using my 2K coupon (the ones that we got towards the end of the year) on Mafia 1. If I had, would I have even gotten a key? If so, would I now be looking at the possibility of that key being revoked?

#1502 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

I briefly entertained the notion of using my 2K coupon (the ones that we got towards the end of the year) on Mafia 1. If I had, would I have even gotten a key? If so, would I now be looking at the possibility of that key being revoked?

Yes you definitely would have gotten a key and no we're not revoking keys.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1503 goombahup

goombahup

Backlog Addict :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Thanks for the updates Tony!

#1504 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks for the reply. While I didn't actually buy, I'm sure this comes as welcome news to those who did.

Can you provide any insight as to why the game is unavailable for purchase?

#1505 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Phew again :lol:

#1506 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

You might consider putting this link somewhere near the top of the OP with a note to "Click this link to see my most recent posts."

Guardian_owl.png

#1507 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Can you provide any insight as to why the game is unavailable for purchase?

I actually am unsure. I can ask but I'm not sure I'll get anything I can share.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1508 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

You might consider putting this link somewhere near the top of the OP with a note to "Click this link to see my most recent posts."

It won't work because the searchid won't be the same, it's randomly generated each time you search something.

#1509 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

It won't work because the searchid won't be the same, it's randomly generated each time you search something.

This will work:

http://www.cheapassg...nduser&u=324718

#1510 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Definitely not. I reached out about doing a promotion and found out we're not even supposed to be selling it (it being Mafia) right now. I'm pressing the button that kills the buy box right now.

Cheers,
Tony

Talk about your all-time backfires.

#1511 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Compatibility tips for for those who have Mafia (or the 3-CD edition)
http://pcgamingwiki...._of_Lost_Heaven
The page doesn't mention however that controller support would be DirectInput (supported by the Logitech F310 or F710).

Edited by asheskitty, 19 January 2013 - 10:59 PM.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1512 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Compatibility tips for for those who have Mafia (or the 2-CD edition)
http://pcgamingwiki...._of_Lost_Heaven
The page doesn't mention however that controller support would be DirectInput (supported by the Logitech F310 or F710).

Thanks for the info, luckily I have the F710 controller ;)

#1513 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Good news on FC3! [STEAM Key and $30 for non-Deluxe after coupon]

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#1514 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Good new for those waiting for Far Cry 3...we got Steam keys for the upcoming deal.

Since you managed to get Steam keys to UPlay game, it would be great to try the same with Rayman Origins. It comes DRM free, but it's also published by Ubi. So far steamable copies are distributed only through Steam. Just giving the idea, because I'm still waiting for a decent deal on it. I would rather buy it from Amazon and pretty sure I'm not alone with this.

#1515 pablo_vllj

pablo_vllj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Since you managed to get Steam keys to UPlay game, it would be great to try the same with Rayman Origins. It comes DRM free, but it's also published by Ubi. So far steamable copies are distributed only through Steam. Just giving the idea, because I'm still waiting for a decent deal on it. I would rather buy it from Amazon and pretty sure I'm not alone with this.

You definitely aren't ;)

#1516 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Yeah it would've been nice if Amazon had Steamkeys for Rayman Origins back during the Ubisoft credit promo.

#1517 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Did they give you more info, was it a licensing issue? I am always bummed when a game gets pulled, especially considering that with digital copies there aren't the practical limitations of still manufacturing a game, keeping it on shelves, etc. I was really bummed recently when Steam pulled all of the 007 games that I was waiting for a sale on. They may not have been the best games but I still wanted to play them. I did pick up a physical copy of Blood Stone from amazon since it was pulled from Steam.

Tony .... Couldn't you warn us in advance for example? There is literally no place to buy this game digitally right now as the other guys stated ... Meaning the only way to get the game is to pirate or e.g. steal it. Why should we get down to these situations? No way to get a game legally?

Sad thing there was no warning in advance :(

I know that for this game it was too late, but it isn't a bad idea to work with publishers to let you know if a game is going to get removed and then have some sort of clearance sale. Might as well push a lot of sales at the end rather than just silently removing it from the store.

#1518 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

I just heard Deadlight might be 3.74, I'd buy it for sure.

#1519 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Rayman Origins is drm optional on Amazon and was during the sale for that matter. A few of us got it after one person got it and found nothing (I was the second person to get it and checked too). Steam version is drm free, doesn't even use steam. Amazon doesn't install tages by default. Pretty sure it's a glitch in the installer, but it's better this way. That's another you'll ruin what's there, unless Tony can officially make the swap.

#1520 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Tony,

Any idea on the Max Payne 3 timing? It's been like 4 days since I bought something from amazon. :D
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#1521 Germinator

Germinator

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Tony,

Any idea on the Max Payne 3 timing? It's been like 4 days since I bought something from amazon. :D

+1 it's been a few days since you mentioned you had a MP3 + Season pass deal for us, but didn't give a date.

#1522 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

+1 it's been a few days since you mentioned you had a MP3 + Season pass deal for us, but didn't give a date.

Yeah the bundle got canned but we're still doing the base game at $14.99 pre coupon.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1523 KBoom

KBoom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

I actually am unsure. I can ask but I'm not sure I'll get anything I can share.

Cheers,
Tony

Mafia 1 killed. :fridge:
Good that I managed to get a copy before this.

Any word if Mafia II will hit the road too? Or is it safe to hope for a sale, maybe sometime this year?

I'm anxious to know the results about the Microsoft bundle/deals

#1524 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Sorry, I checked back several pages but didn't see an answer, when is the Far Cry sale expected to go on sale? Thanks.

#1525 miraclemart

miraclemart

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Mafia 1 killed. :fridge:
Good that I managed to get a copy before this.

Any word if Mafia II will hit the road too? Or is it safe to hope for a sale, maybe sometime this year?

I'm anxious to know the results about the Microsoft bundle/deals

Would it be possible to see a Mafia II: Digital Deluxe Edition version of the game on Amazon? Or maybe a Complete Edition (DD Edition + all DLCs)? I've been holding on buying this game for a very long time, waiting for a good deal to get everything. But even at 75% on Steam, it always added up to more than 20$ for the whole pack. And there is no "upgrade from standard edition to DD edition" available. That would be so awesome!!

#1526 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Sorry, I checked back several pages but didn't see an answer, when is the Far Cry sale expected to go on sale? Thanks.

The answer is two pages back.

#1527 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Why exactly do publishers pull digital downloads? It is literally pure profit.

#1528 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Page 75? I looked, if you'd be so kind as to point it out for me.

#1529 amundsjm

amundsjm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

He didn't give a date in his post.

Hey guys,

Been absent working on various stuff, still no final word on the Microsoft stuff.

Good new for those waiting for Far Cry 3...we got Steam keys for the upcoming deal.

For those that don't remember the deal will be:

Standard Edition: $34.99 pre-coupon
Deluxe Edition: $44.99 pre-coupon

The deal runs for 1 day only (or until we run out of keys.)

Cheers,
Tony

#1530 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

So any chance of Blades of Time on sale?
I ask because the game isn't price matched to steam (still full msrp and steam version isn't even on sale)