Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#1591 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

Syndicate goes live today!

Another 2 or so hours for us ;)

#1592 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

I'd love to be wrong, but I'm not sure the Arcade bundle will happen, especially for $5 after coupon. All of the games in the bundle are great titles and each alone is easily worth $5. To get them all in one fell swoop for a fiver doesn't seem realistic when you consider how much Microsoft has invested into the digital space ever since entering the games industry.

#1593 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

You're doing it wrong. The Microsoft spies are all over. You're supposed to say: "Pfft, I'll only buy it at $10 before coupon!"

#1594 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

Glad you mentioned Black Ops series.

I still need Black Ops 1.
I'd love to see Black Ops 1 hit the EC list at $10 pre-coupon / $5 after coupon. ;)

I completely support this one. Been wanting it for a long time, but activision is not helping.

#1595 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

Why are people begging for sale repeats? Let's see some NEW deals!

YES, I want NEW deals. :D

#1596 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

I'm enjoying the hell out of my $10 copy of Kingdoms of Amalor. Thanks T$.
-Cheers

Amalur is one solid game _b

+1 for new deals...I already bought $5 syndicate last month from amazon...
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#1597 Lord Xoan

Lord Xoan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

For those who are waiting to see BLOPS1 on the EC list, it won't happen :(

#1598 Emuaust

Emuaust

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

Id like to see some Activision deals, Black Ops, MW3 etc along with some Sega Love, ie: A classic Sonic Pack that includes 16bit through to DC.

This years EC sale started off great with the 2k bundles, THQ stuff and Max Payne 3 but since then its been mostly underwhelming, the EA stuff isn't anything to get too excited over. I might be the minority here but I don't really care for EA stuff I cant get on steam.

Im not sure who the "editor" is but his choice of "games of 2012" is not super(Farming Simulator?), maybe renaming it to New Year Sale or something would be more appropriate ;)

PS. Not really a complaint, just would like to see more non EA stuff.

#1599 Cheesepile

Cheesepile

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

Tony - any word on the rumored Fable pack?

#1600 Lord Xoan

Lord Xoan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

Id like to see some Activision deals, Black Ops, MW3 etc along with some Sega Love, ie: A classic Sonic Pack that includes 16bit through to DC.

This years EC sale started off great with the 2k bundles, THQ stuff and Max Payne 3 but since then its been mostly underwhelming, the EA stuff isn't anything to get too excited over. I might be the minority here but I don't really care for EA stuff I cant get on steam.

Im not sure who the "editor" is but his choice of "games of 2012" is not super(Farming Simulator?), maybe renaming it to New Year Sale or something would be more appropriate ;)

I remember that the Editor's Choice from 2012 had several pages with deals... but this time I only can see 2 pages and not with deals, because the games are at full price.

Our coupons will expire on January 31, so we only have 13 days left, and I can't find any good deal to use my $30 of coupons

#1601 Emuaust

Emuaust

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

I remember that the Editor's Choice from 2012 had several pages with deals... but this time I only can see 2 pages and not with deals, because the games are at full price.

Our coupons will expire on January 31, so we only have 13 days left, and I can't find any good deal to use my $30 of coupons

It's like the Steam Winter Sale all over again!

#1602 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

"Editors' Choice" really should be renamed "Publishers' Choice", since the "editor" doesn't get to offer sales without approval from the IP owners. I don't blame Tony, I blame Activision/WB/Sega/Capcom/Squeenix for not playing ball. (And while I'm calling out publishers for not playing ball -- hey Bethesda, you got some 'splaining to do!)

#1603 Lord Xoan

Lord Xoan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

It's like the Steam Winter Sale all over again!

Exactly, I just bought 3 games with my coupons, Hotline Miami, Max Payne 3 and The Walking Dead, awesome deals... but I would like to see more games, like BLOPS 1, The Amazing Spiderman, Bully, etc, I know that this is not Tony's problem, I'm not blaming him, but the publishers! I want to use my $30 of coupons! :)

#1604 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

Good luck on getting Activision deals. They are like the worst at offering deals. There games hold there prices high for a longtime for no better reason than squeezing all the $$$ out of the customers as they can.

#1605 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

I don't care too much about DRM. I just would rather have all my games within Steam, regardless of what DRM the game uses.

Even though DRM is obviously pointless and just causes more headache for most customers than anything. Any game you would want to play is basically available for anyone to torrent, so DRM is not going to stop them. DRM only gets in the way of legitimate customers who want to buy the damn game and just play. I don't need your extra game community, or your download manager. I've got Steam, and that does everything I need, and keeps all my games grouped in one place, which is what I want, and which is why I buy the games in the first place.

I like paying for the games I like. But DRM is not going to bother me, because if it ever gets too intrusive, I'll just download wherever the game lets me play with the least intrusion.

/rant /ramble

#1606 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

I'm enjoying the hell out of my $10 copy of Kingdoms of Amalor. Thanks T$.
-Cheers

Perhaps they missed it hah

#1607 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

I'd love to be wrong, but I'm not sure the Arcade bundle will happen, especially for $5 after coupon. All of the games in the bundle are great titles and each alone is easily worth $5. To get them all in one fell swoop for a fiver doesn't seem realistic when you consider how much Microsoft has invested into the digital space ever since entering the games industry.

Yeah, $5 for either bundle is ridiculous. I hope it is not an all or nothing situation. I'm just hoping for a sweet deal on Fable 3 + all DLC so I can buy 2 of them.

#1608 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

Neither Syndicate nor Crysis bundles have flipped yet but the other two have.

#1609 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

One reason I want my Ubisoft games on Steam is I know that I'll be able to get the DLC at a nice discount during a Steam sale.

I'll give you that one. That is a huge advantage. I don't really do DLC so it doesn't affect me as a rule but I do expansions and it's always bugged me that it's cheaper for me to buy Tropico 4 and the expansion on Steam than to buy the retail expansion.

#1610 kwirl

kwirl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

anyone know if madden 08 can be added on origin? i might pick it up because for 4 bucks, why not? i did a thread search, no results, so asking here, thanks!

#1611 Luckz

Luckz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

I'll give you that one. That is a huge advantage. I don't really do DLC so it doesn't affect me as a rule but I do expansions and it's always bugged me that it's cheaper for me to buy Tropico 4 and the expansion on Steam than to buy the retail expansion.

And don't forget that the Steam Editions™ of all those terrible Kalypso games contain some extra content arbitrarily withheld from other purchasers, like an extra island + extra presidente clothes.

#1612 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

I think theres something wrong with the deals. The crysis and syndicate deals didnt change over :(

#1613 Shandil

Shandil

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

Maybe they messed it, as the Syndicate phyisical one was lowered to 7.95$ and the digital one is still at normal price.

#1614 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

And don't forget that the Steam Editions™ of all those terrible Kalypso games contain some extra content arbitrarily withheld from other purchasers, like an extra island + extra presidente clothes.

Terrible? I rated it it as my third favourite game of 2011 (2nd on the PC) :)

I could live without the extra island because at time of release Tropico 4 retail was just a little over half the price that Steam wanted. :D

#1615 IntrovertedLogic

IntrovertedLogic

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

anyone know if madden 08 can be added on origin? i might pick it up because for 4 bucks, why not? i did a thread search, no results, so asking here, thanks!

While I was unable to redeem Madden 08 through the Origin client, it did work when activating it at https://activate.ea....meactivation.do (as recommended by MysterD).

Edited by IntrovertedLogic, 19 January 2013 - 02:07 AM.
Correction

#1616 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Maybe they messed it, as the Syndicate phyisical one was lowered to 7.95$ and the digital one is still at normal price.

Physical edition has been 7.95 for a while now.

#1617 windsmere

windsmere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

but I would like to see more games, like BLOPS 1, The Amazing Spiderman, Bully, etc,

Amazing Spiderman is a wicked cool game that just runs like shit. No matter what settings I run it on it still has massive frame rate issues, especially with AMD cards. As far as I know Activision still has yet to update or patch the game. There was a work around for AMD cards like with Fallout New Vegas replacing the .dll file just before you launch it but it didn't work for me. Beware of these and other issues before you buy it. I regret buying it on release.

#1618 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Amazing Spiderman is a wicked cool game that just runs like shit. No matter what settings I run it on it still has massive frame rate issues, especially with AMD cards. As far as I know Activision still has yet to update or patch the game. There was a work around for AMD cards like with Fallout New Vegas replacing the .dll file just before you launch it but it didn't work for me. Beware of these and other issues before you buy it. I regret buying it on release.

It's one of the worst port I've ever played, even worse than SR2. Especially on AMD cards... it's just unplayable.

Though, the moon-swing was really bad so it's not like we're missing a lot here...

#1619 kwirl

kwirl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

I tried redeeming Madden 08 on Origin and was unsuccessful. NHL 09, however, is redeemable.

yeah, if i can't add it to my origin i'll probably pass - i wonder why EA doesn't even list it on origin any more? if it was i'd at least be able to convince their support to add it for me

#1620 czerwony

czerwony

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

yeah, if i can't add it to my origin i'll probably pass - i wonder why EA doesn't even list it on origin any more? if it was i'd at least be able to convince their support to add it for me

Origin support added it for me, without problems.