Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#1651 ars9876

ars9876

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Gametap is now run by a company in France (Metaboli?). Please check their forums before buying from them. They have many unhappy people and if they fold then your downloadable games may disappear. Most negative comments a about the monthly service but if that brings down the company you would be in trouble. Unless they are selling Steam/Origin keys. Cust. service is also lacking.

#1652 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

I would say no.

Last year I recall these games free:

GTA IV
Duke Nukem Forever
Witcher 1 (thought I paid $1.69 for this after coupon)

I recall paying $2.49 for:

Alice (Origin)
Homefront (Steam)

And I paid $3.99 for Crysis Max I think and similar for Crysis 2 regular.

This year by comparison something like the DoW bundle, KoA bundle, THQ bundles, 2K bundles, etc. blow that out of the water IMO when it comes to pure value.

last year was mostly about individual games so the EC list seemed more dynamic and it gave you a sense of having more choice.

this year seemed to be the year of the bundles and if you didn't have many of the games in the bundle, they were a steal. Still, having a few bundles makes the choice 'seem' more limited than if the bundles were broken up. imagine if 2 or 3 of those large bundles were split up - we'd have 3-4 pages of EC sales easy.

Feedback to Tony

Perhaps the 2013 EC (yeah lets start talking about that) could be a combination of two. Have a bundle but also split the games for slightly higher price than the bundle one. Similar to what's being planned for the Microsoft stuff.

#1653 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Thanks for the update, Tony.

Anyone already play one or more of these? What are your thoughts?

crysis and crysis warhead have it on steam brought steam summer it fun if u like for campaign if u multiplayer crysis war which is mutliplayer for warhead is still active but crysis is was low in multiplayeer but the campaign are awesome. crysis u can add some campaign mods while crysis warhead havent tried but only think u can get it on war but ask someone else

#1654 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Just a PSA to those that were looking for Dead Space...Dead Space and Dead Space 2 are on sale at GameFly for $4.99 each which is pretty much the low point for the franchise (excluding other offers that used additional credits/coupons/discounts). It goes without saying that these are both non-Steam. Dead Space 2 looks to be directly through Origin, but Dead Space mentions SecuROM. I have no personal knowledge if given a key that Dead Space could be activated through Origin, either directly or through Origin customer service.

I love you, in a forum poster to forum poster kind of way. Also, they have the bundle which comes out to be a great deal if you want both, which I do. http://www.gamefly.c...1/#.UPmKsmdA7Sg.

If anyone knows if Amazon is doing anything deal related with Dead Space or can match it, speak now or forever hold your tongue.

Just a heads up that Amazon has had that bundle before too. Same price though, so that's the best price you're going to see anywhere.

Were the deals last time around better than this EC list?.

I would say no.

Last year I recall these games free:

GTA IV
Duke Nukem Forever
Witcher 1 (thought I paid $1.69 for this after coupon)

I recall paying $2.49 for:

Alice (Origin)
Homefront (Steam)

And I paid $3.99 for Crysis Max I think and similar for Crysis 2 regular.

This year by comparison something like the DoW bundle, KoA bundle, THQ bundles, 2K bundles, etc. blow that out of the water IMO when it comes to pure value.

There was a list of last year's sales and free games, and honestly, it was a wider selection, had more free games, and many games for $2-4. This year, we're lucky to get Syndicate for $5 (again).

Sure, there have been some great bundles, but they're full of repeats, making them useless to most of us here who already have most 2K/THQ games. By all reports, last year was a lot better.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1655 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Tony, will you be able to match the Dead Space bundle @ gamefly for $7.99? I'd rather buy it at Amazon. Thanks!

Edit for reference:

http://www.gamefly.c...1/#.UPmhG2fwx3k <-- Gamefly link

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0091UOX1W/ <--- Amazon link

So I didnt see an individual thread for this deal but i'm definitely interested. Does it just give you Origin keys or do you have to have the Gamefly client? (not sure if there is one)

also would prefer it from Amazon as well if it matters for a price match, and curiously enough if you bought the two games individually they would be about $10 cheaper than buying the bundle at its current price, perhaps they have some dlc or something I'm unaware of in the bundle

#1656 Lindor

Lindor

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

Thanks for the update, Tony.

Anyone already play one or more of these? What are your thoughts?

Crysis and Crysis Warhead both have good single player campaigns with a cohesive enough narrative, better than Crysis 2 imho.

Syndicate is a pretty standard FPS, nothing too remarkable to comment on but for $2.50 - $5.00, it's justifiable.

#1657 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Anybody noticed that Saints Row The Third went up in retail price ? Saints Row The Third The Full Package is now $49.99 again after it had been reduced to $29.99.

fs_pc.png

#1658 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

Anybody noticed that Saints Row The Third went up in retail price ? Saints Row The Third The Full Package is now $49.99 again after it had been reduced to $29.99.

It's because of the thq bundle.

#1659 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

It's because of the thq bundle.

Negative, it's because, during the holiday sales, the SRP, which stands for "Suggest Retail Price", which is provided by the publisher (not Amazon) changed.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1660 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Gametap is now run by a company in France (Metaboli?). Please check their forums before buying from them. They have many unhappy people and if they fold then your downloadable games may disappear.

No concern if you're buying a Steam key though (as Hitman: Abs is). Provided the key is legit, your only fear is Steam going under.

#1661 Baseman

Baseman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

So I didnt see an individual thread for this deal but i'm definitely interested. Does it just give you Origin keys or do you have to have the Gamefly client? (not sure if there is one)

also would prefer it from Amazon as well if it matters for a price match, and curiously enough if you bought the two games individually they would be about $10 cheaper than buying the bundle at its current price, perhaps they have some dlc or something I'm unaware of in the bundle

Bought the bundle. You get Origin keys, 1 for every game and a DLC key for Dead Space 2 (Ser Isaac Suit).

#1662 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Just found out that Vanguard Princess was available on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B009SSCB7K/

Looks kind of fun!

#1663 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Just found out that Vanguard Princess was available on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B009SSCB7K/

Looks kind of fun!

I love the only review on it, lol.

Tony, hit up eigoMANGA and get us a sale on that game!

Looks like Arcana Heart.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1664 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

I love the only review on it, lol.

Tony, hit up eigoMANGA and get us a sale on that game!

Looks like Arcana Heart.

http://www.gamersgat...nguard-princess

I almost bit on this during the holidays over at Gamersgate but held off for some reason. The review of the game is better there. I might just have to bite since the gameplay videos are pretty impressive:

#1665 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Syndicate got delayed =/

#1666 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Syndicate got delayed =/

Wasn't delayed, Tony gave the wrong date initially.

Not sure why people are so excited about Syndicate. Seems pretty mediocre and it's been $5 multiple times already. People are chomping at the bit, lol.

bZ2g3eF.png

#1667 wankerjr

wankerjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

Syndicate was pretty fun for what it was and worth the $5 asking price.

#1668 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

I tried redeeming Madden 08 on Origin and was unsuccessful. NHL 09, however, is redeemable.

@Introvered
Same here.

@Tony
About Madden 08 & NHL 09 - these have product keys.
Is there DRM here?
Or are these DRM-FREE themselves and the keys there just to activate them up on Origin?
Well, actually Madden 08 doesn't actually activate on Origin...

#1669 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

In all seriousness, I'd love to see a good sale on this: http://www.amazon.co...pd_sim_sbs_vg_3

I've heard it's pretty buggy, but I've also heard good about it too. I think GamersGate has had it for $3.74? Would be nice to see it for $2.50.

bZ2g3eF.png

#1670 zennoux

zennoux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Does anyone know how long the Dead Space sale at gamefly is running for? I'm waiting to see if Amazon will PM but don't wanna miss out on the deal. Thanks

#1671 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Negative, it's because, during the holiday sales, the SRP, which stands for "Suggest Retail Price", which is provided by the publisher (not Amazon) changed.

Cheers,
Tony

Hi Tony,

Is the Holiday 2012 Complete Pack still set for this Sunday for 24.99 and 19.99 EC?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AZ2E3P6

#1672 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Got Syndicate at a previous $5 Amazon sale. Wouldn't really recommend it and I'm usually easygoing when it comes to dumb FPS. The campaign doesn't really do a hell of a lot, and you'll be using the same weapons and fighting essentially the same enemies you see in the beginning throughout the entire game. The one possibly redeeming feature would be the co-op mode which seems respectably well done, but only assume you'll play that if you've got buddies lined up. The times I tried it it was almost completely dead with random people, only managed to join up with one other person at a time.

Then again, five bucks. There are better shooters you could have for $5 but even if you end up mostly disliking it like me you're not out a hell of a lot.

#1673 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

I think Gamefly DD sales run until Sunday or Monday

#1674 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Does anyone know how long the Dead Space sale at gamefly is running for? I'm waiting to see if Amazon will PM but don't wanna miss out on the deal. Thanks

GameFly sale ends 1/20/13 at 11:59 PM PST.

#1675 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

@Introvered
Same here.

@Tony
About Madden 08 & NHL 09 - these have product keys.
Is there DRM here?
Or are these DRM-FREE themselves and the keys there just to activate them up on Origin?
Well, actually Madden 08 doesn't actually activate on Origin...

Both product pages say they have Securom.

#1676 zennoux

zennoux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

GameFly sale ends 1/20/13 at 11:59 PM PST.

Thanks!

#1677 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Both product pages say they have Securom.

Thanks!

Found NHL 09 PC's DeAuth Tool here -> http://activate.ea.com/deauthorize/

EDIT:
{Looking around...}
Does Madden 08 have a Deauth Tool?

#1678 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Bought the bundle. You get Origin keys, 1 for every game and a DLC key for Dead Space 2 (Ser Isaac Suit).

thanks for the answer. At least if amazon cant pm I dont have to worry about another dl client.

I guess I'm still kind of torn though, thinking we may see a bundle for both of the games for $4.99 closer to the 3rd games release. I've already played both on 360 so I would only want to replay them when I was gonna play the 3rd which likely wont be soon and with my backlog being what it is I think I can wait til they're both $4.99 (Im probably very likely to change my mind and buy at this price)

#1679 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Oooh...
I activated Madden 08 PC through here to get it onto Origin:
https://activate.ea....meactivation.do

{That's one of the links to activate OLD EA Origin games, back in the EADM Days}

Use your EA Origin account e-mail and password; and apply your key-code here.

While in Origin client-program - click Refresh.
BINGO.

You're good to go! :D

#1680 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Oooh, I activated Madden 08 PC through here to get it onto Origin:
https://activate.ea....meactivation.do

Use your EA Origin account e-mail and password; and apply your key-code here.

While in Origin client-program - click Refresh.
BINGO.

You're good to go! :D

I went there for my Crysis Warhead. The interesting thing is that I had already installed it in a separate folder (outside of my Origin folder) and once I refreshed the client it showed up in my Origin library and it was ready to play. Origin detected it.
Spoiler