Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#1681 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Just found out that Vanguard Princess was available on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B009SSCB7K/

Looks kind of fun!

Heads up, looks like it's freeware, but it takes jumping through some hoops to get it working (since the freeware version is Japanese). The one for sale is the same game, just made to work on English, and apparently censored in some parts (yuck!).

I'll post again if I figure out how to get the Japanese version working and/or translated.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1682 Cagamer99

Cagamer99

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

There was a list of last year's sales and free games, and honestly, it was a wider selection, had more free games, and many games for $2-4. This year, we're lucky to get Syndicate for $5 (again).

By all reports, last year was a lot better.

Is this list posted anywhere where you or someone can quickly link it w/o searching too hard? I looked thru the first few pages in this thread and the last couple but didnt' really see it. Just curious I guess since I'm more into pc gaming this year than I was at this time last. Thanks in advance but np if it can't be found.

#1683 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Is this list posted anywhere where you or someone can quickly link it w/o searching too hard? I looked thru the first few pages in this thread and the last couple but didnt' really see it. Just curious I guess since I'm more into pc gaming this year than I was at this time last. Thanks in advance but np if it can't be found.

I did search for it but I have no idea where it went. Must be on the last thread...

Note that when the list was posted, pretty much everyone cried.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1684 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

I love the only review on it, lol.

Tony, hit up eigoMANGA and get us a sale on that game!

Looks like Arcana Heart.

It seems to lack the OMG-Vertical aspect of Arcana Heart. But yeah. I tried to get the Japanese version working (and discovered how terrible Win7's multilanguage support is).

http://www.gamersgat...nguard-princess

I almost bit on this during the holidays over at Gamersgate but held off for some reason. The review of the game is better there. I might just have to bite since the gameplay videos are pretty impressive:

Yeah, I almost bit on it when it first appeared on GG. GG lists SecuROM. Amazon doesn't list the DRM but one review claims it is DRM-FREE.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1685 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

It seems to lack the OMG-Vertical aspect of Arcana Heart. But yeah. I tried to get the Japanese version working (and discovered how terrible Win7's multilanguage support is).

I've gotten Japanese programs working just fine before by changing language support and whatnot, but I just found a pre-patched version confirmed to be working on Iso Zone. I doubt it's translated, but at the very least it's a good way to see if you like the game enough to buy the English version.

Just use Google if you want it. You'll find it.

bZ2g3eF.png

#1686 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

i think someone switched my editors choice coupons for some ea publishers coupons

#1687 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

i think someone switched my editors choice coupons for some ea publishers coupons

lol

bZ2g3eF.png

#1688 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Any update on The sims 3? Noticed Amazon Pmed Gamestop for all of 10 minutes then they changed back real quickly, like they were a mistake.

#1689 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Wasn't delayed, Tony gave the wrong date initially.

Not sure why people are so excited about Syndicate. Seems pretty mediocre and it's been $5 multiple times already. People are chomping at the bit, lol.

For what it is. Syndicate is a great game IMO.
It's not the same as the original. but still a good game.

#1690 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

I've gotten Japanese programs working just fine before by changing language support and whatnot, but I just found a pre-patched version confirmed to be working on Iso Zone. I doubt it's translated, but at the very least it's a good way to see if you like the game enough to buy the English version.

Just use Google if you want it. You'll find it.

Thanks. I stumbled across a patched version of the Japanese freeware that runs without problems.

If reading Japanese isn't your strong suit, there is a wiki/guide here:
http://wiki.mizuumi....nguard_Princess

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#1691 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

For what it is. Syndicate is a great game IMO.
It's not the same as the original. but still a good game.

I believe his point is that Syndicate (the FPS) has been $5 multiple times before, so it's a bit strange to see the new excitement over it. I bit on it for $5 months back (mostly to see the visuals).

It's *nothing* like Syndicate (the Real-Time Tactical Bullfrog classic).

#1692 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

Yes, like I said it's not the same as the original. But I still think it's a great game.
I do think they should've made it like the original with hybrid elements. But EA probably told them to just make it an FPS. Shame.

Also yeah it's been 5$ before. But those people probably missed those deals i'm assuming.

#1693 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

You assume correctly.

***raises hand***

#1694 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

last year was mostly about individual games so the EC list seemed more dynamic and it gave you a sense of having more choice.

this year seemed to be the year of the bundles and if you didn't have many of the games in the bundle, they were a steal. Still, having a few bundles makes the choice 'seem' more limited than if the bundles were broken up. imagine if 2 or 3 of those large bundles were split up - we'd have 3-4 pages of EC sales easy.

Feedback to Tony

Perhaps the 2013 EC (yeah lets start talking about that) could be a combination of two. Have a bundle but also split the games for slightly higher price than the bundle one. Similar to what's being planned for the Microsoft stuff.

Some people, including me, have been saying it for a while, bundles are great, they really are, as long as you are new to the DVG world and/or like to engage in trading or selling.

But when you have 200+ games on your backlog it starts to lose it's appeal, fast.

I second and third your suggestion, if in a pack games can be obtained @ 75% off or more, and individually @ 75-66% off it would be even more awesome.

#1695 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Wasn't delayed, Tony gave the wrong date initially.

Not sure why people are so excited about Syndicate. Seems pretty mediocre and it's been $5 multiple times already. People are chomping at the bit, lol.

Think because its pretty slim pickings this time around when people have coupons to burn (im sure theres heaps with more coupons than i have) ;)

Edited by smurfinaus, 19 January 2013 - 01:33 AM.
change

#1696 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

im cool with bundles but why weren't more deals established before the month started
it only ea and thq and a couple take two games

it still baffles me how a sale can be obtained on far cry 3 while assassins creed 3 is ignored (they are made by the same fucking company)

#1697 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

Some people, including me, have been saying it for a while, bundles are great, they really are, as long as you are new to the DVG world and/or like to engage in trading or selling.

But when you have 200+ games on your backlog it starts to lose it's appeal, fast.

I second and third your suggestion, if in a pack games can be obtained @ 75% off or more, and individually @ 75-66% off it would be even more awesome.

I got back into PC gaming a couple months or so before last years sale and I feel like I have gone about this whole game acquisition process all back-asswards. I filled my backlog with individual game purchases and now there are all these great bundles that would have been a much better bang-for-the-buck reintroduction for myself.

Story of my life I tell ya.

#1698 kwirl

kwirl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

anyone know any tricks to getting madden 08 to work? clicking the 'play' button takes me to a login screen which after giving requested information tells me 'Could not connect to the server, please try again in a few minutes.' -

I've searched Google and EA forums extensively, EA support doesn't know what's wrong and all I'm finding is that all the digital game sites are just refunding anyone who bought it?

#1699 kwirl

kwirl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Heads up - Don't buy the EA sports bundle, just got off the phone with both EA and Amazon and they confirmed that you can not activate (thus, play) Madden, making it a rather pointless purchase :(

#1700 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

Heads up - Don't buy the EA sports bundle, just got off the phone with both EA and Amazon and they confirmed that you can not activate (thus, play) Madden, making it a rather pointless purchase :(

I think you can activate it thorugh this link
https://activate.ea....meactivation.do

#1701 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

I think you can activate it thorugh this link
https://activate.ea....meactivation.do

Yes, that's where I activated Madden 2008 PC.
Some older EA titles activate though there.

NHL 09 PC activated directly through Origin.

Once your redemption is accepted - REFRESH your Origin client-program.
Your new games should show.

#1702 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

anyone know any tricks to getting madden 08 to work? clicking the 'play' button takes me to a login screen which after giving requested information tells me 'Could not connect to the server, please try again in a few minutes.' -

I've searched Google and EA forums extensively, EA support doesn't know what's wrong and all I'm finding is that all the digital game sites are just refunding anyone who bought it?

Are we talking about game-activation? Or getting MP going?

For activation:
Upon first boot-up, did you sign in at the Madden 08 activation screen w/ your EA Origin account?
I used that to get Madden 08 PC going.

For MP:
EA's Madden 08 Multiplayer servers are now offline forever. You'd have to look elsewhere to get MP going.

#1703 Echoes

Echoes

Farm roads ftw

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

Yeah, I almost bit on it when it first appeared on GG. GG lists SecuROM. Amazon doesn't list the DRM but one review claims it is DRM-FREE.

'Sup.
All I had to do after buying it was install and play. No product keys, online activation or anything.

steam_sig.png

Forms_and_Shapes.png

#1704 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

'Sup.
All I had to do after buying it was install and play. No product keys, online activation or anything.

:applause: Thanks for that!

Interestingly it's the #1 Casual-Action game on Amazon atm, and the #9 Casual game.

Update: The GG page listing SecuROM is out of date, according to this SPUF post.

Edited by asheskitty, 19 January 2013 - 03:20 AM.

#1705 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

Think because its pretty slim pickings this time around when people have coupons to burn (im sure theres heaps with more coupons than i have) ;)

Awwww yeah, using coupons that we spent money to get so that we can buy games that have been the same price before without coupon discounts. 8-)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1706 limelisa6481

limelisa6481

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

Can anyone here confirm that they got a new working Stand Alone dlc key from the DOW pack?

I activated all my keys yesterday, but the Stand Alone key still gave me the "already owned" message.

Thank you!--Lisa

#1707 JujuFish

JujuFish

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

How is NFS: The Run? I don't play racing games very often, and the last Need For Speed I played was probably around 2005 or so.

#1708 Lord Xoan

Lord Xoan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

How is NFS: The Run? I don't play racing games very often, and the last Need For Speed I played was probably around 2005 or so.

Too short, PC requirements are to high, I really recommend to you Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (2010)

#1709 Metroidman

Metroidman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

So....any updates on sales? Haven't seen Tony in a while. Comeon Microsoft Bundle.

#1710 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

I enjoyed it. It's very pretty. I played it early on when the 30 FPS cap was in place, I understand that has been patched. It ran a solid 30 FPS on my old GTX 260.

It's different from the usual track or city based racers in that you're going across the country, SF, to Vegas, to Mob Town (Chicago), to ...Jersey?. This means that you never drive on the same section of track twice. Vehicle switching in a little awkward in that you have to
pull into a gas station and lose a few seconds in order to switch cars.