Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#1711 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Awwww yeah, using coupons that we spent money to get so that we can buy games that have been the same price before without coupon discounts. 8-)

You could always think of it as a BOGO $5off sale. :booty:
Personally I'm hoping the MS deals go through as they are fresh meat. :D

#1712 Raptor25

Raptor25

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

Can someone clarify for me... when I look back trying to find the MS games that will be on sale I see the Tony post referencing 11 games hopefully at 75% off. I know of the 5 games in the arcade package, Fable I/III, and AoE3. What are the last 3?

#1713 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

Can someone clarify for me... when I look back trying to find the MS games that will be on sale I see the Tony post referencing 11 games hopefully at 75% off. I know of the 5 games in the arcade package, Fable I/III, and AoE3. What are the last 3?

Fable and AoE3 weren't going to be in the arcade bundle. Arcade bundle was/is going to be Deadlight, Mark of the Ninja, Iron Brigade, Toy Soldiers, and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet.

Unless there was some super Microsoft bundle that had AoE and Fable that I didn't hear about since I read CAG infrequently.

#1714 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

its officially to the point where i will buy ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING that I don't already have, isn't an origin key, and has a reasonable price

could you please just announce it if this sale is over?

#1715 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

He's mentioned in the last few days at least two deals that are upcoming, and there's already planned stuff for around the 25th. Of course the sale isn't over.

#1716 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

He's mentioned in the last few days at least two deals that are upcoming, and there's already planned stuff for around the 25th. Of course the sale isn't over.

what deals?
you mean the microsoft deals that were briefly mentioned and everyone ran with it even though the time they were supposed to have been confirmed by has come and gone

#1717 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

what deals?
you mean the microsoft deals that were briefly mentioned and everyone ran with it even though the time they were supposed to have been confirmed by has come and gone

I don't think Tony ever gave a timeframe as to when he would know if those deals would be approved or not.

#1718 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

what deals?

Step back from the ledge my friend, and set the coupons down slowly. :lol::lol:

Seriously though the biggest CAG advocate at any company will come through for us. Just give "the Tony" time to work his magic.

edit: If not on the Microsoft deal on something else then.

#1719 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

I don't think Tony ever gave a timeframe as to when he would know if those deals would be approved or not.

yeah he didnt gave a time or date for the deals..I think Tony said he is sure about 80% for Microsoft bundles. Im sure deals will be approved. Its a great bundle. But i will buy it only if it comes down to 5$ with coupon. I have too much games in my backlog. So im not in a hurry to play fable or games in Arcade bundle. I can always Buy that bundle in a later sale. :lol:

#1720 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

what deals?

You're imagining things. He mentioned it like 3 days ago, and said he was working on it. He did not give any sort of deadline. He also mentioned a Far Cry deal a day or so later.

#1721 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

Hey Tony,

has it been long enough for me to ask how the Crusader Kings deal is coming? There hasn't been a word on it since Monday. That's a reasonable amount of time to wait until asking, right?

(the other reason I'm asking is to finally subscribe to this thread. haven't had anything really worth contributing yet)

#1722 Emuaust

Emuaust

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

I feel dirty that I've spent more money at GamersGate by some margin then amazon this month

#1723 yknitS

yknitS

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

Can Anyone tell me why in Amazon Vanguard Princess is 5$ and GG 10$?

They are the same version or GG have more content?
http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B009SSCB7K
http://www.gamersgat...nguard-princess

;w;

#1724 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

How is NFS: The Run? I don't play racing games very often, and the last Need For Speed I played was probably around 2005 or so.

I bought NFS RUN few months ago from Amazon for 9.99. Its not a bad game. Its just Very short for SP story. Its very Linear. You can beat the SP story in 2 hours. I dont know why the hell EA/ Blackbox didnt create Openworld game with a story. EA, blackbox easily capable of creating a open world NFS. I love open world Car games with a story. 2005 NFS MW, Underground 1 & 2 is My All time favoruite car games. back in early 2000 I used to like Car games very much . but after NFS Carbon i lost interest. I had high hopes for NFS RUN. But it got distroyed big time the way NFS run got realesed. I had a chance to buy NFS MW 2012 for 14$ from Amazon. But i didnt Bought it coz its not with a SP story. :cry: People love car cutomizAtion & SP story. Thats why 2005 NFS MW & Underground 1 & 2 are Huge success. EA knows this. But i dont know why EA not creating a game like that. I want to get in to car games again. Lets hope for the Best For Next NFS. Lets hope it will be Underground 3 with Open world & car customization & with a Awesome story. I still have Faith in EA. I know they will come strong fro the next NFS Title ;). Plz EA, I still love you no matter what others say. you never did anything bad for me. Plz just create an Awesome NFS next time. :lol: :lol:

#1725 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

its officially to the point where i will buy ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING that I don't already have, isn't an origin key, and has a reasonable price

Give it a rest, man. The Editor's Choice thing isn't even technically a sale like the Winter one. Asking for new deals every other day is pointless.

#1726 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

;w;

It's a Japanese freeware game just translated and censored in some parts, so you won't be finding more content anywhere. It is what it is.

GamersGate is based in Sweden, so regional pricing is probably why you're seeing a difference.

Note that if you hunt around, you can just download the Japanese version for free and then patch it to work on your computer. Or you can find a pre-patched version (latest version is 1.08). It was released as freeware, so there's nothing wrong with downloading it yourself.

Give it a rest, man. The Editor's Choice thing isn't even technically a sale like the Winter one. Asking for new deals every other day is pointless.

New deal every other day please. Thanks.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1727 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

Idiotekque made it sound incredibly simple, but it took me 10 minutes of clicking through ads and popups to find the legitimate link on this page, just underneath the picture.

Alternatively, here's a direct link to the "1.08 Patched w/ MTSP (English system locale)". Be wary though, the page isn't very welcoming of internet noobies. Make sure you double-check what you're clicking on, I'll leave that part up to you. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#1728 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

i couldn't possibly disagree with this statement more
everything about it is wrong

#1729 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

It's a Japanese freeware game just translated and censored in some parts, so you won't be finding more content anywhere. It is what it is.

GamersGate is based in Sweden, so regional pricing is probably why you're seeing a difference.

Note that if you hunt around, you can just download the Japanese version for free and then patch it to work on your computer. Or you can find a pre-patched version (latest version is 1.08). It was released as freeware, so there's nothing wrong with downloading it yourself.

Idiotekque made it sound incredibly simple, but it took me 10 minutes of clicking through ads and popups to find the legitimate link on this page, just underneath the picture.

Alternatively, here's a direct link to the "1.08 Patched w/ MTSP (English system locale)". Be wary though, the page isn't very welcoming of internet noobies. Make sure you double-check what you're clicking on, I'll leave that part up to you. ;)

I googled for it and found the patched Japanese version. Runs on my Win7 as soon as I execute the game, but YMMV of course. Gorgeous looking game and is pretty fun. I can read katakana so figuring out the download links no problem. Otherwise, Chrome has built-in foreign language page translation built in, so you could always use that. Thanks to Severose and Idiotekque for the links and info.

EDIT: Oh, and if you didn't figure it out, the "vanpri108.exe" is the executable you want to run. I think Lunaport is something that helps you connect to other players online but I'm not sure.

Info on tweaking the game files for round length, Lunaport, etc. (there's no Options menu in the game, oddly).

Movelist, basic controls, and game screen explanation.
More information (click options under GENERAL) including moves, game system, etc.

Final tip: Press Alt+Enter to switch between fullscreen and wide screen. I had a devil of a time figuring out how to go from full to windowed, so there you go!

While it is free, it still might be nice to spend the $5 to support the original developer. :) See? Keepin' it on topic, yo! :D

Edited by NeoGutsman, 19 January 2013 - 07:49 AM.

#1730 MrWizzy2002

MrWizzy2002

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

I just want to make sure of something. All the game deals are being added to the OP right? I just haven't seen anything added recently and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything somewhere throughout the 87 other pages of posts?

#1731 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

;w;

Well, when it first popped up on GG it was listed as available now and $5, within a few days they upped it to $10 and listed it as pre-order. The DRM info on the GG page is incorrect and out of date as well. There are two basic versions, the Japanese freeware version and the English Translation version (as on Amazon). I think I've seen some other modded versions about that try to add some more characters (it's based on M.U.G.E.N.)

I bought NFS RUN few months ago from Amazon for 9.99. Its not a bad game. Its just Very short for SP story. Its very Linear. You can beat the SP story in 2 hours. I dont know why the hell EA/ Blackbox didnt create Openworld game with a story. EA, blackbox easily capable of creating a open world NFS. I love open world Car games with a story. 2005 NFS MW, Underground 1 & 2 is My All time favoruite car games. back in early 2000 I used to like Car games very much . but after NFS Carbon i lost interest. I had high hopes for NFS RUN. But it got distroyed big time the way NFS run got realesed. I had a chance to buy NFS MW 2012 for 14$ from Amazon. But i didnt Bought it coz its not with a SP story. :cry: People love car cutomizAtion & SP story. Thats why 2005 NFS MW & Underground 1 & 2 are Huge success. EA knows this. But i dont know why EA not creating a game like that. I want to get in to car games again. Lets hope for the Best For Next NFS. Lets hope it will be Underground 3 with Open world & car customization & with a Awesome story. I still have Faith in EA. I know they will come strong fro the next NFS Title ;). Plz EA, I still love you no matter what others say. you never did anything bad for me. Plz just create an Awesome NFS next time. :lol: :lol:

NFS:U2, NFS:MW (2005), & NFS:Carbon are well regarded by a few of us CAGs, including myself. A couple months back I even dusted off NFS:U2 applied a recent texture mod and ENB and... wow. NFS:MW also has updated texture mods (and I think ENB). I'd recommend that you pickup NFS:Hot Pursuit (2010) when you see it on sale. Also, check out the Ridge Racer Unbounded demo on Steam. Tony, I noticed that you don't seem to have it on Amazon. It's Namco, which you seem to have a good relationship with given your Dark Souls:PtD deals.

:rofl: This makes me think that kids these days would never survive the Russian p0rn laden pages of the late '90s. MF is quite straightforward compared to other one-click-webhosters.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1732 teenwolf

teenwolf

hic sunt leones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

what deals?

I would sure like to see these posts by Tony where he set specific times when the MS deals would be confirmed by. Feel free to quote them. Please.

#1733 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

is the Holiday 2013 pack not up yet?

#1734 gigaislam

gigaislam

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

I deleted by mistake an email containing a promotional credit from amazon ......is there any way i can get it back?

#1735 Vand

Vand

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

I deleted by mistake an email containing a promotional credit from amazon ......is there any way i can get it back?

It should apply at the check out regardless :).

#1736 gigaislam

gigaislam

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

It should apply at the check out regardless :).

I tried with n4s the run and nothing happened :cry:

#1737 thesn00ze

thesn00ze

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

They are bound to your Amazon account. Deleting e-mails have no impact on them.

Edited by thesn00ze, 19 January 2013 - 12:12 PM.

#1738 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Origin calls to you. It whispers in the back of your brain, "tham1988, come to meeeeee..." It's there. Wriggling. Twisting. Nibbling on your sense of reason. You won't even realize it one day. You'll just have "that EA game" you must have. Pop! Just like that, you'll have a huge Origin collection and not even remember a time before. A time when you hated Origin. You'll just have EA games. Tons of them. All on Origin.

And you'll really, really kinda be okay with it.

what deals?

Oh yeah, I remember that post when Tony said, "MS must confirm the deal within 24 hours or we are going to say, 'No deal!' and cut them off. Microsoft must be made to worship me for I am Tony. TONY! Not just any Tony, either! I'm Amazon Tony! Ama-mother-fudgin'-zone Tone-gawdang-Eee. They do what I say!"

Yeah, I remember him saying that. I think it was right after he guaranteed a $5 "Choose 10" deal on preorders priced at $60 or more. Like Bioshock Infinite, etc. And just before he promised we'd get Bethesda games on Amazon Digital after he blackmailed the guy in charge with photos of him naked with John Carmack and Tim Sweeney naked in a pool together emblazoned with a Crysis logo in the background.

That is, he never said nothing about deadlines or whatever. Because he always said the deal was provisional, never gave specifics about when it'd play, and let's presume that IF he did finalize a deal with MS, they might have asked him not to tell people too far out in advance since they were JUST added to the store and want time to sell at full price. Hell, they might even be busy because of CES, post-CES-related nonsense and just not gotten back to him because they thought they already got back to him the first time.

And maybe--just maybe--they're a business that is full of regular people who don't always respond to their emails insta-prontoly.

#1739 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

i couldn't possibly disagree with this statement more
everything about it is wrong

Everything about it is wrong?? Actually, it's been great for me and my mates, we are enjoying some spiffy Darkness 2 COOP runs thanks to the EC sale, my mates got the Darksiders and DOW packages, Darksouls, Spec OPS, BF3 and SS3. (BF3 and SS3 might be from the end of year time frame, don't quote me on those two)

I strongly apologize to tell you this but, you are acting solipistic and spoiled, if you can't find anything you can spend your money on, then it might be time to do different things, including but not limited to actually playing some of the games you have bought.

#1740 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Everything about it is wrong?? Actually, it's been great for me and my mates, we are enjoying some spiffy Darkness 2 COOP runs thanks to the EC sale, my mates got the Darksiders and DOW packages, Darksouls, Spec OPS, BF3 and SS3. (BF3 and SS3 might be from the end of year time frame, don't quote me on those two)

I strongly apologize to tell you this but, you are acting solipistic and spoiled, if you can't find anything you can spend your money on, then it might be time to do different things, including but not limited to actually playing some of the games you have bought.

Who does that?!?!?!? :eek:
76561198025510545.png