Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#1741 deranged boar

deranged boar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Hey, Tony, i got a completely random question. Are you going to have LoTR:War in the North on sale anytime soon? I'm dying to get it, I didn't have the money last time a bundle was around with it. Really sad now.

#1742 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Has Tony said anything about PMing the Magicka weekend sale on Steam?? I see only the base game PM'd, any word on the dlc, or the collection?

Edited by DonRamon, 19 January 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#1743 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Has this been cheaper? Does it activate on Steam?
http://www.gamefly.c...1/#.UPqj0SfomSo

Sorry if I sound rude, it's really early where I am.

#1744 Chris McMahon

Chris McMahon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Any updates on Far Cry 3 for <$30 on editor's choice? I think Tony said "soon" a week or so ago.

#1745 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Has this been cheaper? Does it activate on Steam?
http://www.gamefly.c...1/#.UPqj0SfomSo

Sorry if I sound rude, it's really early where I am.

I don't know if it has been cheaper, but it's an EA game, so... How many EA games bought outside of Steam actually activate on Steam.

Edit: Though, I may be tempted to pick it up at that price since I never actually played BF:BC2, so thanks for mentioning it.
Edit2: Second thought, I may wait for BF:BC2 vanilla to go on sale as it seems the Ultimate Edition primarily adds MP stuff, which for this particular game, does not interest me.
Edit3: Apparently the UDC was a low of $7.49 over this past holiday.

Any updates on Far Cry 3 for <$30 on editor's choice? I think Tony said "soon" a week or so ago.

FYI, Tony said the standard edition or FC3 would be =$30 ($35 pre-EC credit), not <$30.

Edited by Neuro5i5, 19 January 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#1746 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

@Tony
Any plans for Capcom games to hit EC List?

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition is $9.99 on GreenMan before coupon / $8.00 after 20% off coupon (GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK).

I know you don't match International deals - but maybe you could hatch up a good deal w/ Capcom for EC List...
i.e. $10 before coupon / $5 after coupon would be awesome (or something similar in that ballpark or better).

EDIT:
I'd rather buy it from you Amazon DVG guys, since your SSF4: AE version looks like it doesn't toss Steam DRM on top of the always required G4WL for that game.
GMG's versions requires Steam + G4WL.

Edited by MysterD, 20 January 2013 - 03:19 AM.

#1747 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Origin calls to you. It whispers in the back of your brain, "tham1988, come to meeeeee..." It's there. Wriggling. Twisting. Nibbling on your sense of reason. You won't even realize it one day. You'll just have "that EA game" you must have. Pop! Just like that, you'll have a huge Origin collection and not even remember a time before. A time when you hated Origin. You'll just have EA games. Tons of them. All on Origin.

And you'll really, really kinda be okay with it.

hehe :lol: well said dude. i lold hard when i read your post. :applause: for me "that EA game" you must have is BF3. now i have like 16 games on Origin :D I really like using Origin nw :)

#1748 RavenHD

RavenHD

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

@Tony
Any plans for Capcom games to hit EC List?

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition is $9.99 on GreenMan before coupon / $8.00 after 20% off coupon (GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK).

I know you don't match International deals - but maybe you could hatch up a good deal w/ Capcom for EC List - i.e. $10 before coupon / $5 after coupon would be awesome (or something similar in that ballpark or better).

+1! Would buy it instantly!

#1749 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Amazon selling GTA V PC .. wooohooooooooo :D :D :D :D
http://www.amazon.fr...duct/B006ISA6VQ

#1750 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

There's a disturbing lack of msft bundle updates in this thread. :hot:

+1! Would buy it instantly!

+1 for insta-buy SSFIV:AE at $5 :)

#1751 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Everything about it is wrong?? Actually, it's been great for me and my mates, we are enjoying some spiffy Darkness 2 COOP runs thanks to the EC sale, my mates got the Darksiders and DOW packages, Darksouls, Spec OPS, BF3 and SS3. (BF3 and SS3 might be from the end of year time frame, don't quote me on those two)

I strongly apologize to tell you this but, you are acting solipistic and spoiled, if you can't find anything you can spend your money on, then it might be time to do different things, including but not limited to actually playing some of the games you have bought.

I agree with your sentiment, but I don't think that's what he was whining about.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#1752 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

I agree with your sentiment, but I don't think that's what he was whining about.

I agree that this EC sale is not that hot but saying that everything is wrong with it is a false statement.

It was not a call to an argument, more like, to common sense, if you can't see anything to buy then maybe you have too much already and need to look in another direction.

Has happened to me btw so let's not turn this into an argument.

#1753 MP77

MP77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Does NHL 09 have an active mod community like Madden 08? If so, could someone point me in that direction?

#1754 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Amazon selling GTA V PC .. wooohooooooooo :D :D :D :D
http://www.amazon.fr...duct/B006ISA6VQ

Sacrebleu!

#1755 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Does NHL 09 have an active mod community like Madden 08? If so, could someone point me in that direction?

Look here:
http://www.thebreaka...s-PC-Discussion

#1756 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Origin calls to you. It whispers in the back of your brain, "tham1988, come to meeeeee..." It's there. Wriggling. Twisting. Nibbling on your sense of reason. You won't even realize it one day. You'll just have "that EA game" you must have. Pop! Just like that, you'll have a huge Origin collection and not even remember a time before. A time when you hated Origin. You'll just have EA games. Tons of them. All on Origin.

Oh yeah, I remember that post when Tony said, "MS must confirm the deal within 24 hours or we are going to say, 'No deal!' and cut them off. Microsoft must be made to worship me for I am Tony. TONY! Not just any Tony, either! I'm Amazon Tony! Ama-mother-fudgin'-zone Tone-gawdang-Eee. They do what I say!"

Yeah, I remember him saying that. I think it was right after he guaranteed a $5 "Choose 10" deal on preorders priced at $60 or more. Like Bioshock Infinite, etc. And just before he promised we'd get Bethesda games on Amazon Digital after he blackmailed the guy in charge with photos of him naked with John Carmack and Tim Sweeney naked in a pool together emblazoned with a Crysis logo in the background.

That is, he never said nothing about deadlines or whatever. Because he always said the deal was provisional, never gave specifics about when it'd play, and let's presume that IF he did finalize a deal with MS, they might have asked him not to tell people too far out in advance since they were JUST added to the store and want time to sell at full price. Hell, they might even be busy because of CES, post-CES-related nonsense and just not gotten back to him because they thought they already got back to him the first time.

And maybe--just maybe--they're a business that is full of regular people who don't always respond to their emails insta-prontoly.

Early contender for post of the year.

#1757 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

did I miss the MP3 sale?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#1758 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

did I miss the MP3 sale?

Nope. Still TBD as far as I've read.

#1759 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Oh yeah, I remember that post when Tony said, "MS must confirm the deal within 24 hours or we are going to say, 'No deal!' and cut them off. Microsoft must be made to worship me for I am Tony. TONY! Not just any Tony, either! I'm Amazon Tony! Ama-mother-fudgin'-zone Tone-gawdang-Eee. They do what I say!"

Yeah, I remember him saying that. I think it was right after he guaranteed a $5 "Choose 10" deal on preorders priced at $60 or more. Like Bioshock Infinite, etc. And just before he promised we'd get Bethesda games on Amazon Digital after he blackmailed the guy in charge with photos of him naked with John Carmack and Tim Sweeney naked in a pool together emblazoned with a Crysis logo in the background.

That is, he never said nothing about deadlines or whatever. Because he always said the deal was provisional, never gave specifics about when it'd play, and let's presume that IF he did finalize a deal with MS, they might have asked him not to tell people too far out in advance since they were JUST added to the store and want time to sell at full price. Hell, they might even be busy because of CES, post-CES-related nonsense and just not gotten back to him because they thought they already got back to him the first time.

And maybe--just maybe--they're a business that is full of regular people who don't always respond to their emails insta-prontoly.

*Slow clap*

Seriously there were already a ton of great deals these past two months or so that someone like tham shouldn't have missed, with a large percentage of them coming from Amazon. Heck, this EC list already had plenty of good deals, and Tony never promised anything about MS deals. Unless you enjoy collecting or have all the time in the world, a backlog should only get so big, so give it a rest.

#1760 Khelgar

Khelgar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Somebody bought Vanguard Princess?, the game has online play?

#1761 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Hey Tony, this might be a bit random but is there anyway you could get Call of Duty World at War for PCDD, preferably with Steam? I already have Black Ops 2 and am not very impressed, but I'd like to play World at War because all the DLC (zombies!) is included on Steam and the user created maps look cool, too.

#1762 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

The only thing I can complain about Vanguard Princess so far is that while the companion system is interesting and cool, it becomes extremely busy on the screen with four characters basically on top of each other.

Excellent graphics, fluid animations, and a heavy helping of anime girl panties. Can't complain!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1763 BMXJouster

BMXJouster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

The only thing I can complain about Vanguard Princess so far is that while the companion system is interesting and cool, it becomes extremely busy on the screen with four characters basically on top of each other.

Excellent graphics, fluid animations, and a heavy helping of anime girl panties. Can't complain!

Is there any DRM on this? Also how in-depth is the Story Mode for the game? And since you mentioned it earlier what exactly was censored about this release?

#1764 MisterS42

MisterS42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Hi Tony,

It has been awhile since someone asked, but I'm planning on buying the season pass for borderlands 2 and wanted to know if there was a chance for it to go on sale at Amazon in January? It would help decide if I'm waiting or not.

Thanks,

MisterS42

#1765 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Is there any DRM on this? Also how in-depth is the Story Mode for the game? And since you mentioned it earlier what exactly was censored about this release?

I'm playing the Japanese version patched to run on English PCs. It's a freeware game, so you can either download the Japanese one or buy the English one if you want to understand things (there is a story mode, of course).

And from what I read, the only censorship is that combat animations that reveal panties were sped up in the English version so that it's not so noticeable. In the Japanese version they're normal speed, so you're seeing a lot of panties depending on the character you're using, lol.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1766 jaso

jaso

Requiesce in pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Let me preface this by saying I'm not trying to flame, call anyone out or start any trouble, but...

This thread would be a lot less cluttered and easy to navigate if requests were made via private message and the discussion pertained to the deals at hand. I've seen some people get chastised for asking questions that may have already been answered, but it's a bear to wade through 89 pages of posts.

Just something to think about. That is all.

P.S. - Thanks for all you've done for the CAG community, Tony.

#1767 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Ah, but see, if we talk about Vanguard Princess enough, Tony will put it on sale. ;)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1768 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

I'm playing the Japanese version patched to run on English PCs. It's a freeware game, so you can either download the Japanese one or buy the English one if you want to understand things (there is a story mode, of course).

And from what I read, the only censorship is that combat animations that reveal panties were sped up in the English version so that it's not so noticeable. In the Japanese version they're normal speed, so you're seeing a lot of panties depending on the character you're using, lol.

The Japanese version works great in Linux for me as well. Got it directly off the creator's website.

Played through it once so far, normal mode is on the easy side, since I managed to beat it first try.

#1769 jaso

jaso

Requiesce in pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Ah, but see, if we talk about Vanguard Princess enough, Tony will put it on sale. ;)

Yes, but think of the impact of an inbox filled with Vangaurd Princess requests... :D

Keep in mind that Tony has to wade through the same thread as the rest of us.

#1770 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Yes, but think of the impact of an inbox filled with Vangaurd Princess requests... :D

Keep in mind that Tony has to wade through the same thread as the rest of us.

Think of the impact of a full inbox.