Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#1831 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Don't worry, it's not that good.

Actually, I'd say Homefront is awesome AND awful. It's one of those games that starts to crest with potential, shines in a few places, but for the most part falls flat on its ass. If the entire game was like the
Spoiler
it could have been really special. Well, assuming they got rid of all the
Spoiler

#1832 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Tony, some of us bought the DOW Franchise Pack....
any chance we could get steam keys for dow GOLD too?

While this sounds desirable (to potentially some), I do have an uninformed question. Since the DoW Franchise pack included Dark Crusade and the THQ Mega Pack does not, would that present a problem with having (assuming it could happen) DoW Gold on Steam and Dark Crusade not? I've not played any DoW games as of yet, so I'm lacking in the first hand knowledge as to if Dark Crusade is a fully stand alone game (meaning plays on it's own and player stats would transfer from base to expansion; assuming that even happens) or if it requires the base game to play.

#1833 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Totally agree! Can anyone confirm which games are definitely not Steam keys in the THQ Pack? I've heard from someone that DoW II Gold is not Steam redeemable.

i've checked all the games and I found out only COH gold is not steam redeemable

#1834 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Sorry if this is not the purpose of the thread but if someone is selling a Titan Quest Gold Steam key from the THQ Pack PM me. I can PayPal or Amazon GC. Greetings :)
A great CAG gave it to me for free. Thanks!

Edited by soulkyo, 20 January 2013 - 08:04 PM.

#1835 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Well, assuming they got rid of all the

Spoiler

My personal favorite was waiting at a door for a good thirty seconds so the NPC could catch up and push over a filing cabinet for me.

#1836 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

While this sounds desirable (to potentially some), I do have an uninformed question. Since the DoW Franchise pack included Dark Crusade and the THQ Mega Pack does not, would that present a problem with having (assuming it could happen) DoW Gold on Steam and Dark Crusade not? I've not played any DoW games as of yet, so I'm lacking in the first hand knowledge as to if Dark Crusade is a fully stand alone game (meaning plays on it's own and player stats would transfer from base to expansion; assuming that even happens) or if it requires the base game to play.

I have DoW Gold on Steam, and DoW Gold + Dark Crusade on Amazon. While I haven't installed Dark Crusade yet, Dark Crusade is a stand alone expansion pack that doesn't need the base game installed to play. The question becomes will my Dark Crusade install recognize that I have DoW Gold and vice versa.

#1837 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

My personal favorite was waiting at a door for a good thirty seconds so the NPC could catch up and push over a filing cabinet for me.

Yeah, I'm playing through Metro 2033 and theres quite a few moments like this it seems. Not game breaking but a minor annoyance no doubt

#1838 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

I posted this on the Steam trade thread, but this should help anyone if they want to organize an Amazon THQ group buy themselves...
-----
To help anyone planning to do a group buy for the Amazon THQ Pack, you should have no trouble selling MX vs. ATV Reflex and Titan Quest Gold. SR2 and Homefront should be able to be sold as well, but generally all of these are pretty low priced items due to them being THQ things (we're talking $1-$3 mostly with MX closer to $4-$5) so you won't be that far ahead. Some items can't be sold at all which makes some items sorta worthless.

That said, I am not planning to do another at this time as the time invested is high to keep a handle on about 8+ buyers due to the higher cost of the bundle ($20) and "making" money is very low so good luck for anyone planning to bother.

That said, I really wasn't that strict on the pricing and took what most people were what I called "VERY HAPPY" to pay (first offer pretty much so some did offer more later). I also didn't assume the CoH: ToV nor DoW: Gold had a Steam key since Tony said it didn't have one.

Good luck!

#1839 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

i just activated my Supreme Commander key and I got Supreme Commander AND Forged Alliance dlc O_O

#1840 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

i just activated my Supreme Commander key and I got Supreme Commander AND Forged Alliance dlc O_O

Gold edition?

#1841 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Apparently not, my post about SR2 was deleted, what is the proper forum for this?? Game Trading?

Yep. Steam Group Buy and Gift Requests thread

#1842 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

+1 for Capcom stuff on Amazon DVG with steam keys (SSF4, DR2, DR2:OtR, DMC4, RE5) :)

I wish Amazon DVG would do a big Capcom sale.

Though, in my case - I really don't want Steam keys for those.
ALL of those games you listed - except DMC4 - do ALWAYS require G4WL.
G4WL is more than enough for DRM. I don't want Steam on top of it. I like to keep my # of DRM's down.

Side note -> I actually have DMC4 on Steam; it only uses Steam, thank God.

errrrrrr :hot: is there any capcom deals thats going on Amazon that I dont know #-o

I wish!

Not on Amazon, currently.

On GMG - yes:
http://www.greenmang...m/capcom-deals/

#1843 Veteranu

Veteranu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Apparently not, my post about SR2 was deleted, what is the proper forum for this?? Game Trading?

Try here

#1844 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Gold edition?

from the list, it supposed to be SupComm only, not gold edition since Forged Alliance was separated.

now I got extra key for Forged Alliance :|

#1845 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

That happened a bit last year. Jump on it now before that batch of keys runs out. Gold is what you want anyway - awesome stuff.

Also, YDKJ is still $2.99... I thought the deal was through the 19th?

76561197971332172.png

#1846 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

I wish Amazon DVG would do a big Capcom sale.
Side note -> I actually have DMC4 on Steam; it only uses Steam, thank God.

DMC4 is DRM-free actually, if you buy the retail copy. my friend just told me about this.

#1847 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

That happened a bit last year. Jump on it now before that batch of keys runs out. Gold is what you want anyway - awesome stuff.

cool thing, I guess. :)
now I have extra key to trade :P

#1848 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

DMC4 is DRM-free actually, if you buy the retail copy. my friend just told me about this.

Nice!
I wish Capcom - and more publishers - did that more often.

#1849 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Also, YDKJ is still $2.99... I thought the deal was through the 19th?

umm... can I activate the Forged Alliance key without the base game? if can, I want to give it to my friend.

#1850 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Guys Hows the port for DMC 4. is it worth buying for that price. How old is that game ??

I played Dead Rising 2 when it first came. finished the game. Whats Dead rising 2 off the record ??? is it worth buying

#1851 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

I have DMC4 retail, and I seem to recall the standard CD check. There's a reason I have a no-CD patch on it (I hate shuffling optical media.)

Guys Hows the port for DMC 4. is it worth buying for that price. How old is that game ??

DMC4 is great, and the port has always been top notch. The DMC3 PC port had poor performance when released (mind you it ran fine on PS2), but when I tested it a few weeks ago it was solid 60 FPS @ 1920x1200 on my Phenom II X3 @ 3.2 GHz and GTX 260. DMC4 supports 360 controllers. DMC3 supports DirectInput controllers (e.g. Logitech F310, F710, Rumblepad 2).

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1852 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

I played Dead Rising 2 when it first came. finished the game. Whats Dead rising 2 off the record ??? is it worth buying

I haven't played DMC4 but when it first went on sale at GMG, several people said it was an excellent port and well worth getting. Game is from 2008, according to GMG's page.

From what I understand (I think from this forum, in fact) DR2 and DR2:OTR are essentially the same game and if you own neither you should just get OTR. If you own DR2, it's debatable whether OTR offers anything new enough (aside from no time limits) to warrant its purchase.

#1853 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Actually, I'd say Homefront is awesome AND awful. It's one of those games that starts to crest with potential, shines in a few places, but for the most part falls flat on its ass. If the entire game was like the

Spoiler
it could have been really special. Well, assuming they got rid of all the
Spoiler

Don't know... I found it very boring. And the
Spoiler
part was painful, especially at guerrilla.

But maybe it's me, I'm not a fan of story driven fps.

I haven't played DMC4 but when it first went on sale at GMG, several people said it was an excellent port and well worth getting. Game is from 2008, according to GMG's page.

From what I understand (I think from this forum, in fact) DR2 and DR2:OTR are essentially the same game and if you own neither you should just get OTR. If you own DR2, it's debatable whether OTR offers anything new enough (aside from no time limits) to warrant its purchase.

Yeah, It's not worth it if you already have the original (especially on pc where you can stop the time with a trainer and that's it) here's a list of changes (from wikipedia):
Spoiler

#1854 Ogedai_Khan

Ogedai_Khan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Got a copy but thanks for the heads up on the upcoming deal Tony!

Edited by Ogedai_Khan, 20 January 2013 - 07:39 PM.
Re: TSW

#1855 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

January... when people applaud repeat sales.

#1856 Armaly

Armaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

How about a Euro Truck Simulator 2 deal?

#1857 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

The Secret World won't be on that sale price again soon will it?
(or anyone from the previous TSW sale not liking the game and wanting to pass the reins off to someone, let's discuss over pm)

Hey dude,

It'll be live again on 1/31.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1858 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Tony,

Any word on a possible Crusader Kings II deal? Haven't heard any word on the topic since Monday (I know, I searched).

#1859 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

I thought maybe that Deadlight deal was coming this week, guess not?

#1860 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

I thought maybe that Deadlight deal was coming this week, guess not?

Last update was there was no new news on the Microsoft deals. No date has begin given as of yet.