Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#1951 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

I have a two year old and, on weekends, usually make him eggs for breakfast. He gets up runs into the kitchen, humps himself up onto the bench at the table and says "Eggies!" I need to get the eggs out, get the pan out, scramble 'em, cook 'em, let them cool down and the whole time he's saying "Want eggies!" with an increasingly frantic toddler voice as I tell him to settle down. There's even a chance that I might burn them or drop them on the floor but try explaining that to a toddler.

This story has no relation to this thread, of course. Just an exciting tale of one father trying to get his kid breakfast and the kid flipping out. He's a toddler though with little control over his thoughts and emotions so at least he has an excuse.

Amazing analogy that fits like a glove.

#1952 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Has Syntax posted any updates on his story bundle?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1953 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

It's not like everyone it's whining, I know I asked for it, but a lot of CAGs are excited about it, it's obvious people start to ask about when it's going to happen, and come on... good guy Tony got us used to that kind treatment, nor that he will be upset about it, it even shows how well the deal can be received.

Anyway, that's an amazing story Fox got there, you should make a fusion with that and... quantum conundrum? In the end we all are toddlers asking for games.
PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#1954 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

More importantly, is it going to be on the EC list? Remember you said it might....

#1955 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

Preferably, bundle it with other great stories and then put the bundle on the EC list. Thanks.

Look for Syntax Error's Moralistic Tales: A Five Volume Set on sale where ever books are sold.

Except on Amazon 'cause screw those guys if they don't give me the games I want right now.

#1956 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

yo imma let you finish but the 14.99 1c bundle was the best deal that never happened

Hand__Of__God.png

#1957 Uplink

Uplink

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Burning Hot Bundle deal dead?

#1958 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

It's almost obsessive for some. I'd hate to see them in a relationship. "OMG, they haven't called back! That must mean they hate me. They definitely must be cheating on me."

LOL Right! I had one relationship like that.

IDK I'm waiting for more episodes to come out and be reviewed. I'm not sure there's much gameplay there, and nobody has mentioned if it has achievements. Does it have achievements?!? That's a real deal breaker you know, well that an there being extra DLC on the console version (despite not owning said console). And Syntax hasn't updated in 5 min. It's probably dead. <rages at thread> ^_~

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1959 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Burning Hot Bundle deal dead?

From the OP:

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

#1960 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hey guys,

Wanted to pop in and apologize for the lack of responses lately. I've had quite a bit going on in my life personally and professionally, that has kept me occupied outside of posting. To give you some context:

1. We just got done with a huge holiday season where we tried a bunch of stuff (and are currently still trying a bunch of stuff). I've spent a lot of my time pulling and synthesizing data to figure out what worked and why.

2. Review time is upon us, so I spent an entire 14 hours one day last week working on that.

3. I'm still working with the team over here to secure more deals, or repeat deals for those asking, which is time consuming.

4. I've recently had 2 close family members diagnosed with significant health issues that will require extended treatment some of which I'm going to try and pay for so I've been working on getting that sorted.

5. Due to the previous 4 items I've found myself wanting to bring Paddy to the park more often, or hop into some mindless LoL games on the weekends.

No worries though, I'll be back to posting more frequently and regularly. Hopefully this week, maybe next.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1961 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

From the OP:

1/29-1/31:

I love the current pricing.

Total Individual Price: $39.94
Bundle Price: $39.98

#1962 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Hey guys,

Wanted to pop in and apologize for the lack of responses lately. I've had quite a bit going on in my life personally and professionally, that has kept me occupied outside of posting

Spoiler
Cheers,
Tony

-hugs- I hope Paddington takes good care you.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1963 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Hey guys,

I've had quite a bit going on in my life personally and professionally, that has kept me occupied outside of posting.

Cheers,
Tony

Don't worry about us, Tony. Live life and be free!
Spoiler

#1964 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

I think you're having an affair with Tony! That's why he hasn't been around here so much. And, come to think of it, the last time he was here I did pick up the scent of slickdeals and reddit on his collar.

SLICKDEALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......That B@STARD!!!!!!!! *cue dramatic soap opera music.

In all seriousness take care Tony. I hope all is well!

Edited by oman19, 21 January 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#1965 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

I have a two year old and, on weekends, usually make him eggs for breakfast. He gets up runs into the kitchen, humps himself up onto the bench at the table and says "Eggies!" I need to get the eggs out, get the pan out, scramble 'em, cook 'em, let them cool down and the whole time he's saying "Want eggies!" with an increasingly frantic toddler voice as I tell him to settle down. There's even a chance that I might burn them or drop them on the floor but try explaining that to a toddler.

This story has no relation to this thread, of course. Just an exciting tale of one father trying to get his kid breakfast and the kid flipping out. He's a toddler though with little control over his thoughts and emotions so at least he has an excuse.

substitute "pancakes" for "eggies", and i have the same scenario play out every weekend.

you could include my story in the bundle. kinda like magicka dlc - different versions of the same robes...
76561198025510545.png

#1966 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

good luck with your family Tony.
PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#1967 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Hope everything goes well for you and yours, T-Money.

#1968 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Really wish you best Tony! Take care!

#1969 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys, not trying to start a pity party here, just trying to keep you guys appraised of why I've not been around as much. Given all the churn and recent changes in the thread with new rules and such, I didn't want you guys to think I was throwing up my hands and walking away.

The timing has just been really bad lol.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1970 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Take your time. Worst case scenario, you offer us the deals at a future date. I know some people here can't wait. If they're that impatient, they should figure out how to build time machines.

#1971 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys, not trying to start a pity party here, just trying to keep you guys appraised of why I've not been around as much. Given all the churn and recent changes in the thread with new rules and such, I didn't want you guys to think I was throwing up my hands and walking away.

The timing has just been really bad lol.

Cheers,
Tony

I can probably go 3 years without another deal. (backlog of over 450 games now with another 30-40 that I haven't activated yet lol) Hope your family gets well soon. Oh, and my wife is still in awe of your greatness for getting her You Don't Know Jack so cheap.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#1972 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

I'd bite on a good deal for The Saboteur. The EA pack was a great deal, but I already own Mirror's Edge and had no interest in the other three games... The Saboteur looks like fun, but it's not worth $10 to me. I'd love a chance to buy it a-la-carte for a good price.

Saboteur is a great game, but watch out cause on PC if you use a resolution above 1280x it breaks the map and you can no longer set accurate waypoints. The map is huge and this makes getting to your missions a huge pain in the ass. I'm not even sure I want to continue playing the game, I already beat it on PS3 and loved it.

#1973 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Any time these packs are for sale, you can usually find people selling off the games they don't want for very cheap in the Steam Trade thread. This pack has been on sale so many times, I don't ever recall there being cheap a la carte pricing for the games in the bundle.

True, but there aren't too many Origin codes being sold in the Steam Trade thread, and I don't think I've seen The Saboteur there before (although I could be wrong).

#1974 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Sorry to hear, Tony! I hope things get a bit better for you and yours.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1975 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Saboteur is a great game, but watch out cause on PC if you use a resolution above 1280x it breaks the map and you can no longer set accurate waypoints. The map is huge and this makes getting to your missions a huge pain in the ass. I'm not even sure I want to continue playing the game, I already beat it on PS3 and loved it.

Ah, thanks for the warning. I'm playing on a laptop, so I'd probably turn the resolution down anyway to run the game more smoothly; that wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me. A huge map sounds awesome -- I love atmospheric games like that, even if you sacrifice a bit of gameplay for the setting.

#1976 T1BillionX

T1BillionX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Hey guys,

Wanted to pop in and apologize for the lack of responses lately. I've had quite a bit going on in my life personally and professionally, that has kept me occupied outside of posting. To give you some context:

1. We just got done with a huge holiday season where we tried a bunch of stuff (and are currently still trying a bunch of stuff). I've spent a lot of my time pulling and synthesizing data to figure out what worked and why.

2. Review time is upon us, so I spent an entire 14 hours one day last week working on that.

3. I'm still working with the team over here to secure more deals, or repeat deals for those asking, which is time consuming.

4. I've recently had 2 close family members diagnosed with significant health issues that will require extended treatment some of which I'm going to try and pay for so I've been working on getting that sorted.

5. Due to the previous 4 items I've found myself wanting to bring Paddy to the park more often, or hop into some mindless LoL games on the weekends.

No worries though, I'll be back to posting more frequently and regularly. Hopefully this week, maybe next.

Cheers,
Tony

Be well, I am going through a similar situation. Love and Support go out to you and your family

#1977 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Tony plays League? Add me ;)

LoneProdigy

#1978 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Tony,
Think positive and hang in there, everything will work out for the best. We CAGers are in no hurry, games can wait.

Remember, you're awesome! :applause: :applause:

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#1979 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Tony, take care and my thoughts go out to your family. Been through some tough stuff the last three years myself, so I know how things can weigh down. Here's hoping things lighten up for you and yours soon.

#1980 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

From the OP:

1/29-1/31:

strangely, it doesn't currently show 11.99

p.s. take care, Tony