Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#1981 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

strangely, it doesn't currently show 11.99

p.s. take care, Tony

The 11.99 will be the sale price on those days...(without the EC coupon)

#1982 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys, not trying to start a pity party here, just trying to keep you guys appraised of why I've not been around as much. Given all the churn and recent changes in the thread with new rules and such, I didn't want you guys to think I was throwing up my hands and walking away.

The timing has just been really bad lol.

Cheers,
Tony

I know none of us really know you outside of this thread, but I really hope things work out for you. Youve always been a pleasant fellow to talk with. Take care

#1983 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Got a copy but thanks for the heads up on the upcoming deal Tony!

I know none of us really know you outside of this thread, but I really hope things work out for you. Youve always been a pleasant fellow to talk with. Take care

Thanks Ogedai :). I have met SOME of you outside of the thread :).

Also, if any of you are at Pax Prime or Pax East this year I'll be at both.

Lastly,

I wanted to feel you guys out on something. We recently launched this new Free to Play store. One of the things I'm trying to do is get more people checking out the free games we're carrying. One our partners, Firefly Studios, makes this F2P game called "Stronghold Kingdoms". I'm kicking around a promotional idea whereby you (the customer) would get a free, DRM free copy of Stronghold HD (the original Stronghold re-made). Does that sound compelling? Again, there's no cost here, we'd give you the game just for linking your account with Stronghold Kingdoms on Amazon.com. Thoughts?

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1984 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Lastly,

I wanted to feel you guys out on something. We recently launched this new Free to Play store. One of the things I'm trying to do is get more people checking out the free games we're carrying. One our partners, Firefly Studios, makes this F2P game called "Stronghold Kingdoms". I'm kicking around with a promotional idea whereby you (the customer) would get a free, DRM free copy of Stronghold HD (the original Stronghold re-made). Does that sound compelling? Again, there's no cost here, we'd give you the game just for linking your account with Stronghold Kingdoms on Amazon.com. Thoughts?

Cheers,
Tony

I think it's an intriguing idea. I'd check it out just to see.

#1985 JujuFish

JujuFish

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Tony, when the dust has settled and after you've had time to relax, it would be great if you could see if you can get Amazon to carry Puzzle Quest 2.

According to Steamgamesales, it hasn't been on sale on Steam in over 2 years and hasn't been on sale from any of the sites they track in over a year. I beat the first and I want PQ2, but I'm a CAG!

#1986 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

I would like this stronghold game on HD

;)

#1987 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Hey guys,

Wanted to pop in and apologize for the lack of responses lately. I've had quite a bit going on in my life personally and professionally, that has kept me occupied outside of posting. To give you some context:

<details snipped>

Tony,

I have the utmost respect and admiration for your dedication to your job. But having said that, I hope that some of those issues (especially the family-related ones) will inspire you and Amazon to provide a healthy balance between What You Do and How You Live.

I appreciate the openness that you've brought to us DD consumers. But that openness requires time and effort, and I wonder if your superiors realize just how many hours you dedicate to your job. I'm just watching this thread (not following on reddit or Facebook or SA or Twitter), and I can see that you're putting in much more than 9-to-5 hours. It's commendable, but I worry that it's not sustainable.

Hopefully part of the review process you're engaged in will involve Amazon hiring some support staff, so that you can keep a healthy balance between your professional life and your personal life. It's the Pareto Principle at work: 80% of the communication you provide (upcoming deals, standard answers to standard questions, etc.) could be handled by such staff, freeing you up to handle the other 20%, spend more time working with publishers, and giving you more time to spend living a life outside of work.

tl;dr: Don't get burned out taking care of us greedy schmucks.

#1988 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

One of the things I'm trying to do is get more people checking out the free games we're carrying. One our partners, Firefly Studios, makes this F2P game called "Stronghold Kingdoms". I'm kicking around a promotional idea whereby you (the customer) would get a free, DRM free copy of Stronghold HD (the original Stronghold re-made). Does that sound compelling? Again, there's no cost here, we'd give you the game just for linking your account with Stronghold Kingdoms on Amazon.com. Thoughts?

Cheers,
Tony

I find that interesting and might try it with that incentive. I think as an incentive it has merit since it broadens the enticement.

If you're looking to add more F2P games, Path of Exile will hit Open Beta in two days (and closed beta for almost a year). I put in 15-20 hours in the closed beta and I can say it has promise. The devs are 20-strong kiwi team, Grinding Gear Games.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1989 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Tony, when the dust has settled and after you've had time to relax, it would be great if you could see if you can get Amazon to carry Puzzle Quest 2.

According to Steamgamesales, it hasn't been on sale on Steam in over 2 years and hasn't been on sale from any of the sites they track in over a year. I beat the first and I want PQ2, but I'm a CAG!

I just asked someone on the team to hit them up. Also, no worries on asking me questions, don't feel bad about doing so lol. I just wanted you guys to have some context for why I might not be around as much in the immediate future.

I would like this stronghold game on HD

;)

Dude I think I played that...

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1990 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

interesting concept too raise awareness of F2P game going check it out i mit find something new to play
Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#1991 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

I'll be hitting up Pax East. Where can we harass you?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1992 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

I'll be hitting up Pax East. Where can we harass you?

Just hit me up beforehand and I'll give you my cell phone number so we can meet up.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1993 Weeeooojr

Weeeooojr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

I've checked through most of this thread, and there's still no more word on the Microsoft or Fable bundles, right?
Would it be possible to get this thing on sale again?
http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B008GWJKE6

#1994 OmegaX

OmegaX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Hi, Tony. Could it be possible to have TERA on sale again as part of the EC list? I'd bought it last time if I had known it was going to become F2P. Thanks.

#1995 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

I've checked through most of this thread, and there's still no more word on the Microsoft or Fable bundles, right?
Would it be possible to get this thing on sale again?
http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B008GWJKE6

I had PM'ed Tony about the EA bundle and he said "Not likely but I'll check."

#1996 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

@Tony
Take care of what matters, and don't worry about us. If we see you posting slower in the thread, we might actually be forced to play the games we've gotten deals on with all that time on our hands. All the best to you and yours.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#1997 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

@tony
take care of what matters, and don't worry about us. If we see you posting slower in the thread, we might actually be forced to play the games we've gotten deals on with all that time on our hands. All the best to you and yours.

+1

#1998 Folgore

Folgore

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Lol. Also, to answer your questions about GCs, did you pick up Max Payne 3 yet? That'll be on promo soon and might be a good candidate.

Cheers,
Tony

Any update on Max Payne 3? :)

#1999 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Lastly,

I wanted to feel you guys out on something. We recently launched this new Free to Play store. One of the things I'm trying to do is get more people checking out the free games we're carrying. One our partners, Firefly Studios, makes this F2P game called "Stronghold Kingdoms". I'm kicking around a promotional idea whereby you (the customer) would get a free, DRM free copy of Stronghold HD (the original Stronghold re-made). Does that sound compelling? Again, there's no cost here, we'd give you the game just for linking your account with Stronghold Kingdoms on Amazon.com. Thoughts?

Cheers,
Tony

I would definitely be into to that! I have been finding more and more HQ F2P games (oh abbreviations how I love thee.) Getting into another one with a free game offer is just icing.

Also I hope all goes well for you, feel free to ignore us if need be, trust me we have short attention spans. If it gets out of control I can jingle my keys around...they are shiny. :lol:
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#2000 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

@Tony
Take care of what matters, and don't worry about us. If we see you posting slower in the thread, we might actually be forced to play the games we've gotten deals on with all that time on our hands. All the best to you and yours.

+2 I hope everything works out for your family.

#2001 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

@Tony, I hope everything works out for your family.

Don't worry about us, we'll be fine you have more pressing matters.

One day I would like to quest with you on TSW.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2002 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys, not trying to start a pity party here, just trying to keep you guys appraised of why I've not been around as much. Given all the churn and recent changes in the thread with new rules and such, I didn't want you guys to think I was throwing up my hands and walking away.

The timing has just been really bad lol.

Cheers,
Tony

What pity??? WTF are you talking about Tony?? You are very appreciated around here mate.

Here's hoping everything works out for you.

#2003 tmwfte

tmwfte

Lovecraftian Colour Out of Space

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Lastly,

I think I may have already linked my Stronghold Kingdoms account for a different promotion, but, yes, I'd be down for a DRM-free copy of an HD remake of the original.

Also, to echo the others, best wishes to you and your family members, Tony. Hope everything turns out well.

#2004 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

@TONY

Holy crap - Atari USA has filed for Chapter 11.

Got any Atari games you might wanna bundle before they start selling IP's, assets and whatnot off?

#2005 waabulo

waabulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Tony, hope things get better. I know the feeling about family members as most likely starting injections for one this week. Please know that we care.

#2006 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

@TONY

Holy crap - Atari USA has filed for Chapter 11.

Got any Atari games you might wanna bundle before they start selling IP's, assets and whatnot off?

Wait...didn't they just publish the Balder's Gate re-release?
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#2007 Daykain

Daykain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

As everyone else has already expressed, hope all goes well Tony. Everyone needs a balance with work, family and gaming!

Hope it isn't inappropriate to ask if there is a chance the Paradox bundles (particularly the 2 new bundles that haven't been repeats) will come back this month.

#2008 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Wait...didn't they just publish the Balder's Gate re-release?

Yep.

#2009 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

75% off or bust on that one.

#2010 Cagamer99

Cagamer99

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Take care Tony, gaming deals are secondary to family and health issues. We'll still be here for when you come around again.