Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#2011 glyph42

glyph42

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

One of the things I'm trying to do is get more people checking out the free games we're carrying.

I like the idea of offering F2P game purchases on Amazon, but nothing in the current line-up interests me at all. If you could add some of the high profile MMOs that converted to a F2P model (like Star Wars The Old Republic, Star Trek Online, etc.) I think you could generate a lot more interest for this section. I suppose this is an obvious suggestion, but hey... I want to see some Amazon deals on SWTOR Cartel Coins. :)

Tony, best of luck on dealing with some difficult issues on top of your hectic work schedule.

#2012 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

@TONY

What's the DRM on the Amazon DVG version of Lucius that you guys have?

I know you don't match International deals, but so you know what deals been out there...
Gamersgate had Lucius as DRM-FREE and it was on sale yesterday only as their Deal of the Day at $7.50 (deal's now dead).
Today, Lucius on GMG is $5 before coupon / $4 after coupon (GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK) - though their version requires their Capsule program.

#2013 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

tony,
could you discount the homefront dlc by any chance?
I'd probably buy it for 50% off

I'm really enjoying it

#2014 Sepioth

Sepioth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

@Tony ...

You and your family are in my prayers and I hope everything works out for you and your loved ones.

You should create a Twitter (or let us know what it is) and Tweet where you are around PAX East.

I will be there all 3 days and would really like to shake the hand .... and then heavily use some Purell so I don't get the PAX Plague .. no offense :) ... of the guy who worked tirelessly through out the holidays to makes sure we got the best deals possible.

Thanks Tony ..

Keep up the good work and God Bless.

#2015 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

I see a Dungeon Siege Bundle in EC list :D That's Square Enix. Tony did u Hit:boxing: Square For Sleeping Dogs By any chance ?? :bouncy:

#2016 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

I see a Dungeon Siege Bundle in EC list :D That's Square Enix. Tony did u Hit:boxing: Square For Sleeping Dogs By any chance ?? :bouncy:

Whoa, didn't notice that. I might have to grab that for the originals + TotS at the right price. Also, DS must be the oldest "2012" game on the list :P

I wanted to feel you guys out on something. We recently launched this new Free to Play store. One of the things I'm trying to do is get more people checking out the free games we're carrying. One our partners, Firefly Studios, makes this F2P game called "Stronghold Kingdoms". I'm kicking around a promotional idea whereby you (the customer) would get a free, DRM free copy of Stronghold HD (the original Stronghold re-made). Does that sound compelling? Again, there's no cost here, we'd give you the game just for linking your account with Stronghold Kingdoms on Amazon.com. Thoughts?

EDIT: Regarding above, can I create an account with steam, then link it to you guys? If so, then yes. Of course I would do it. I like my steam games... (though anything free is nice :D)
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#2017 mcmahamg

mcmahamg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

Just saw the Dungeon Siege bundle, too. Can't wait to see the offer on that one. Never played them, but have wanted to for a while.

#2018 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

Lastly,
I wanted to feel you guys out on something. We recently launched this new Free to Play store. One of the things I'm trying to do is get more people checking out the free games we're carrying. One our partners, Firefly Studios, makes this F2P game called "Stronghold Kingdoms". I'm kicking around a promotional idea whereby you (the customer) would get a free, DRM free copy of Stronghold HD (the original Stronghold re-made). Does that sound compelling? Again, there's no cost here, we'd give you the game just for linking your account with Stronghold Kingdoms on Amazon.com. Thoughts?

I know you guys had Rise of Immortals in the Free to Play store before, but I wasn't playing it then. When I was getting back into, it was gone. Any chance you're getting Battle for Graxia in there?

I'm sure several of us would appreciate League of Legends in the Free to Play store as well. :lol:
New signups, now only spend $2, get $2 free at greenmangaming.com.

#2019 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

$11.99, but it isn't until February, it shouldn't be on the list, because it won't be promoted in January.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#2020 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

$11.99, but it isn't until February, it shouldn't be on the list, because it won't be promoted in January.

Cheers,
Tony

oh oh.. Thats sad news :cry: Anyway thnx Tony

#2021 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

yes yes yes
please just make some bundle appear on sale that has dungeon siege 3, the dlc, and kane and lynch 2

#2022 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

There's a Dungeon Siege Complete on Steam for 29.99...
http://store.steampo....com/sub/12086/

#2023 GoDamage

GoDamage

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

Cheers,
Tony

My head is disappointed, but my wallet is relieved.. until Feb. (Or until those Microsoft deals hit 8-) )

#2024 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Already own Sleeping Dogs (base game).
What about any of SD's DLC? Any plans for that to hit a sale?

#2025 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Wait. I'm confused. Is the 11.99 for a SD deal in Feb., or for a DS deal in Feb.? If the former, then meh, I got it already. If the later, then aww, you got my hopes up :/
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#2026 electricsleep

electricsleep

Prof. Hinsley

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

Hey Tony, Thanks for the killer deals this past year and good luck with the family/health problems. I picked up TSW with one of my EC coupons and finally got around to playing it the past couple weeks. Its my first MMO and I'm digging it so far.

I'm interested in checking out some other MMO's now. I already used my EC coupons, but is there any chance you'd be able to work out some kind of non EC discount on Guild Wars Platinum since its pretty much an obsolete older MMO? I'd like to power through that before going to GW2. I'd possibly pick it up at $19.99 but I'd definitely bite at a 25% discount or more. Thanks man

#2027 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

Already own Sleeping Dogs (base game).
What about any of SD's DLC? Any plans for that to hit a sale?

How many Sleeping Dogs DLC out there ? Is there a season pass or something for Sleeping Dogs. Coz i'd like to buy A complete edition ;)

#2028 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

How many Sleeping Dogs DLC out there ? Is there a season pass or something for Sleeping Dogs. Coz i'd like to buy A complete edition ;)

I'm waiting for a GOTY release 8-)

#2029 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

Have Faith Guys :D Another 10 days to ago. Thats 1/3 of a Month :lol: Maybe Tony is trying surprise us :bouncy:

There's only so long people can wait before they lose hope and/or interest.

Wait. I'm confused. Is the 11.99 for a SD deal in Feb., or for a DS deal in Feb.? If the former, then meh, I got it already. If the later, then aww, you got my hopes up :/

Dungeon Seige. Sleeping Dogs wasn't on the EC list.
Selling Steam key: Race The Sun $1.20 (Cards) & Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine $0.80 (Cards) (Or both for $1.80.)

#2030 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

I'm waiting for a GOTY release 8-)

Square Enix have yet to release a Complete Version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, so I doubt they would do it with Sleeping Dogs.

#2031 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

Tony,

What's going on with Max Payne 3? Do you have a date yet?
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#2032 Raptor25

Raptor25

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

The Sleeping Dogs DLC is extremely worthless so far.

Game is very good though.

Edited by Raptor25, 22 January 2013 - 04:11 AM.

#2033 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

No season pass. Some of the DLC is worth it story wise. Rest is just extra money ingame or cosmetic clothes. Nightmare in Northpoint, Zodiac Tournament, Triad Enforcer Pack & Swat Pack are worth it. Its actually a pretty good game overall :)

#2034 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

I bought all of the Sleeping Dogs DLC that was 91% off in the Steam Encore sale glitch, and I can say none of it is worth it. Not sure if the Zodiac Tournament is though, as that one wasn't discounted. Finished the game + Nightmare in Northpoint yesterday, and I never cared for any of the DLC.

#2035 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

if you get chance too play sleeping dogs it worth a $15-20 price point, Thu cheaper always better it a good game worth paying little more for. the only thing i played an beat was the base game so can't comment on how good the dlc is
Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#2036 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

I bought all of the Sleeping Dogs DLC that was 91% off in the Steam Encore sale glitch, and I can say none of it is worth it. Not sure if the Zodiac Tournament is though, as that one wasn't discounted. Finished the game + Nightmare in Northpoint yesterday, and I never cared for any of the DLC.

Oh, I forgot about that Steam glitch! Thanks for that reminder!

#2037 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

Hey, with atari going under again for like the 3rd time in as many years (or something like that) maybe this can end with a bang.

#2038 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Square Enix have yet to release a Complete Version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, so I doubt they would do it with Sleeping Dogs.

I thought the deus ex human revolution augmented edition is the complete edition. guess i was wrong then..
I readlly dont need Goty Edition for Sleeping Dogs. But i like to see a complete Bundle like Darksiders 2 ;)
Anyone knows is there any upcoming DLC for Sleeping Dogs ??

#2039 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

I thought the deus ex human revolution augmented edition is the complete edition. guess i was wrong then..

Nope.
You'd still be missing the 3 DLC's.

Augmented Ed gives you some extra-goodies.

Augmented Edition

Exclusive 40-page Artbook - Showcasing the concepts behind the world of 2027. Discover the origins of the design, the characters and the weapons of Deus Ex: Human Revolution

44-minute making-of chronicling the trials and tribulations of the Eidos-Montreal team

Motion comic based on the first issue of the DC Comics adaptation

Game soundtrack composed by Michael McCann

E3 Trailer and animated storyboard

#2040 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

I readlly dont need Goty Edition for Sleeping Dogs. But i like to see a complete Bundle like Darksiders 2 ;)
Anyone knows is there any upcoming DLC for Sleeping Dogs ??

Augmented was just a deluxe release of the base game, included an extra mission and some weapon DLC. The Missing Link came out a bit later and is the only real substantial DLC. It was never packaged together in a single official release. Not every high profile game with DLC gets a GOTY release (e.g. Dragon Age 2).